Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,243 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? (43539 Views)

EFCC Seals Borno House Of Assembly, As Hon Members Take To Their Heels - Nationa / War At Benue State House Of Assembly As Lawmakers Exchange Blows / Tonye Harry Is Dead (Ex-Rivers Speaker) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by kutchs: 4:21pm On Jul 09, 2013
mbulela:
those are the folks they are telling us are humble.
Arrogant clowns who have found themselves in positions they are not qualified for and unable to contain their excitement.
Tell me how one prepares for any ofthose positions. Is there any special schools or training institute for those positions?

1 Like

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by slimghost(m): 4:22pm On Jul 09, 2013
Abagworo:

Jonathan ad Amaechi. This fight has a long history and could be traced back to when Jonathan's wife dragged mic from Amaechi publicly and scolded him for building a school. In her community.

If it were Obasanjo, Amaechi wouldn't have had issues at all because Obasanjo was a strong leader and understood mutual respect. He would have successfully done that without crisis. Nigeria today is on a threshold and it only requires killing of few pro-Amaechi or pro-GEJ politicians for a war to start or military take over the least.

I know you are a staunch Amaechi buttlicker, but please present facts the way they are. This is a fight between Wike and Amaechi, don't rope GEJ into this local fight. Let Amaechi finish what he started.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 09, 2013
A Pandora box is being opened in Rivers.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by REVOLUTNIS: 4:29pm On Jul 09, 2013
Amechi is a very poor and reckless political strategist. Now, what point does he want to prove by contesting for NGF election? What point has he proved? He continue to play the fool by thinking that Jonathan and his promoters would allow him (Amechi) to rub their faces in dirt. SHAME ON HIM

1 Like

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Abagworo(m): 4:31pm On Jul 09, 2013
The First Lady’s two-day visit to Rivers State ended in a fiasco Tuesday.

All was well, until Dame Patience Jonathan and her chief host, Governor Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi got to Okrika – the First Lady’s home town.

The governor was explaining by video his school project in Okrika, saying there must be demolition of some buildings to have space for the schools.

Mrs Jonathan cut in, grabbed the microphone and said the governor should reconsider the way he was going about the demolition.

An attempt by Amaechi to explain the situation sent the First Lady boiling.

She shouted at Amaechi: “Listen!, you must listen to me!”

The governor was embarrassed, like a scolded school pupil. The audience hailed Mrs Jonathan, goading the First Lady on.

The President’s wife, however, described land as a serious issue in Okrika and told Amaechi to always avoid “must” when talking about waterfronts’ demolition.

http://nigerianbulletin.com/news-headlines/first-lady-scolds-governor-in-public-the-nation/1346960557000/

1 Like

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Daddybee: 4:32pm On Jul 09, 2013
I want to assume most of the ppl posting comments here have not watched the video of what transpired on tv. I just watched it on TVC and I feel terribly sorry for a
this nation and our misinformed youths posting comments. The police were actually involved in beating up the pro Amaechi lawmakers. It is a sorry sight to
watch and pls do not allow ur children to watch....blood actually flowed!
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Joyfullyme: 4:34pm On Jul 09, 2013
Send the link
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Abagworo(m): 4:37pm On Jul 09, 2013
slimghost:

I know you are a staunch Amaechi buttlicker, but please present facts the way they are. This is a fight between Wike and Amaechi, don't rope GEJ into this local fight. Let Amaechi finish what he started.

http://leadership.ng/news/160613/jonathanamaechi-faceoff-dame-patience-relocates-port-harcourt

http://famouspeoplenews./2013/06/04/ateke-tom-at-war-with-gov-amaechi/

Former warlord – ex-leader of the Niger Delta Vigilance Movement,  Ateke Tom recently  led many protesters on the streets of Port Harcourt ,the Rivers State capital, asking Governor Rotimi Amaechi to resign. Though the protesters however claimed they were not sponsored, sources in the state are presently pointing fingers at the 1st Lady of Nigeria, Mrs. Jonathan, as the brain behind the sponsorship of the protest. Tom Ateke is said to have been aided by the first lady who will be delighted obviously if Amaechi is schemed out the office in the present plot against him. This is a result of the feud between Gov Amaechi and the Jonathans. It’s no longer secret that the first Lady is a not in good terms with the incumbent governor whom she had heated exchanged with on several occasions. The popular amongst their numerous fights was when the 1st Lady forcefully collected microphone from Amaechi. It was at Okrika, Mrs. Jonathan’s hometown, at public function where Amaechi   was a special guest of honour. Governor Amaechi who in his address  was listing some of the good things his government had done to the Okraka community. Gov Amaechi who visited Okrika, told the people of Okrika point-blank, that he would unfailingly demolish the waterfronts, rebuild it and sell to prospective buyers knowing the sensitivity to the issue of the demolition of the waterfronts to the Okrika people

2 Likes

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 09, 2013
Joyfullyme: [url]http://reporters365.com/top-news/amaechi-storms-rivers-assembly-complex-as-speaker-is-impeached-2/ [/url]

The Rivers State House of Assembly complex today broke into chaos and staff fled as members fought and exchanged blows as a group of law makers impeached the speaker Rt.Hon. Otelemaba Dan Amachree and installed Hon. Evans Bipi representing Ogu/Bolo constituency as speaker. A group is also thought to have attempted to collect the mace of the assembly while some staff who fled told reporters that Governor Ameachi himself stormed the chambers and took away the mace. Some of the Governor’s cars were destroyed and there were injuries .
However,in an attempt to put a lid on the situation, Leader of the house, chidi Lloyd called reporters to say that their was no impeachment but could not explain the heavy security and the broken stones and bottles littering the complex.
An eye witness who called reporters365.com had this to say:
“It was a free-for-all fight at the assembly today
Members started walking in to the chambers at 9 am this morning with the
Speaker walking in at about 9:50am to commence sitting
“WEY VOKOR”! were the speaker’s first words calling Hon Victor Ihunwo by his alais.
“Oga leave me abeg” Hon Victor replied”
“So Vokor even you!” the Speaker asked Hon. Victor.
At that point Hon.M.O Chinda walked in..
“THE CHF JUDGE” House majority leader hailed him.
I will not give or take any hand shake” M.O Chinda responded.
The speaker teased him and said ” are we not brothers again?
“WE ARE NOT BROTHERS, Hon. M.O chinda retorted.
since YOU PEOPLe DECIDEd TO TAKE FOOD OUT OF MY EXECUTIVE CHAIRMAN
The war of words continued until Hon Evans came in.
Immediately he came in, Hon. Chidi Lloyd shouted OPU-OWU be[meaning big masquerade in Okrika language]
At this point the connection to the public address system in the chambers was cut.
At this point the Speaker told Evans “Alabo me Bleep-up me” [a vulgar speech meaning chief you messed up in okrika language]
The house leader also said the same thing to Hon. Evans which made him angry. He told the house leader Hon. Chidi Lloyd”If i take insults from Mr.speaker ,I wont take it from you Chidi”
Hon Chidi repeated the same vulgar statement moving menacingly towards Hon. Evans at which point Hon. Evans took the camera tripod on the floor of the house and flogged the hell out of Hon. Chidi
Hon. Azubike left his seat and grabbed Hon. Evans .Both started fighting
When Hon. Evans over powered both men, the house leader picked the mace and broke Hon. Chinda’s head with it.Hon. Chinda is a supporter of Hon. Evans.
A call was put through to the Governor by one of the pro-Amaechi Governors to the effect that the war was being lost to Evans and his group.He arrived shortly.The Governor met a free -for- all fight in which his followers were badly bruised and he
took the Speaker, Azubike, Leader and the Clerk of the house away
20 mins later Hon Evans and some members of the House appointed Hon. Victor Ihunwo as speaker pro tempore and impeached the speaker and left.
An hour later the Deputy Governor of the state Tele Ikuru led the speaker and 10 members into the chambers from Government house . They sat and quickly adjourned.”
We will bring you more details as they unfold.

Why dem no record dis for video na Broken heads from tripod and mace gringringrin

But seriously, if Ameachi truly stormed the SA and took away the mace then its a wrong move cos it also confirmed he aint in-charge nor smart enough as claimed.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Demdem(m): 4:39pm On Jul 09, 2013
Daddybee: I want to assume most of the ppl posting comments here have not watched the video of what transpired on tv. I just watched it on TVC and I feel terribly sorry for a
this nation and our misinformed youths posting comments. The police were actually involved in beating up the pro Amaechi lawmakers. It is a sorry sight to

Are u saying u actually saw policemen beating up members of assembly on TV?

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by slimghost(m): 4:41pm On Jul 09, 2013
Abagworo:

http://leadership.ng/news/160613/jonathanamaechi-faceoff-dame-patience-relocates-port-harcourt

http://famouspeoplenews./2013/06/04/ateke-tom-at-war-with-gov-amaechi/

Former warlord – ex-leader of the Niger Delta Vigilance Movement,  Ateke Tom recently  led many protesters on the streets of Port Harcourt ,the Rivers State capital, asking Governor Rotimi Amaechi to resign. Though the protesters however claimed they were not sponsored, sources in the state are presently pointing fingers at the 1st Lady of Nigeria, Mrs. Jonathan, as the brain behind the sponsorship of the protest. Tom Ateke is said to have been aided by the first lady who will be delighted obviously if Amaechi is schemed out the office in the present plot against him. This is a result of the feud between Gov Amaechi and the Jonathans. It’s no longer secret that the first Lady is a not in good terms with the incumbent governor whom she had heated exchanged with on several occasions. The popular amongst their numerous fights was when the 1st Lady forcefully collected microphone from Amaechi. It was at Okrika, Mrs. Jonathan’s hometown, at public function where Amaechi   was a special guest of honour. Governor Amaechi who in his address  was listing some of the good things his government had done to the Okraka community. Gov Amaechi who visited Okrika, told the people of Okrika point-blank, that he would unfailingly demolish the waterfronts, rebuild it and sell to prospective buyers knowing the sensitivity to the issue of the demolition of the waterfronts to the Okrika people

So the President is fighting Amaechi because he is not in good terms with his wife? Whoa!!! So that means The president just bought over the likes of Nyesom Wike,Omehia and Sekibo? You are a joke bro. Just admit it that your Amaechi is a proud fool that battles everyone around him and wants to lord it over everybody.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Abagworo(m): 4:42pm On Jul 09, 2013
http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/06/16/anti-amaechi-group-gangs-up-in-rivers-as-patience-jonathan-hails-wike/

Anti-Amaechi group gangs up in Rivers, as Patience Jonathan hails Wike

By Victor Ezeama on June 16, 2013

The wife of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Dame Patience Jonathan has commended the Minister of State for Education Barr. Nyesom Wike, PDP stalwarts and other top political big shots in the state for coming out en mass to support her course to return the state to the Garden City it used to be.

Dame Patience Jonathan made this commendation at the wedding of one of the anti-Amaechi Lawmakers, Hon. Evans Bipi (a member of the Rivers State House of Assembly) in Port Harcourt.

She explicitly stated that Nyesom Wike is her reason for coming to Rivers State. She described Wike as a tool for promoting peace in the state. She also reiterated that it was first time she was properly acknowledged in the state since her husband, President Goodluck Jonathan was elevated to the Federal position.

“When I say I love Wike and appreciate Wike, some people don’t understand. If not for Wike I might not have been opportuned to stand like this. Wike, I thank you so much. When we say Rivers, it is not about riverine or upland. Nothing should separate us. As we have come together, we will be together. All of us will work together and make sure Rivers state is developed,” she said.

The First Lady condemned the current condition of the state. She said it was time the state was restored to its former status of Garden City with reference to the past administrations of Sir Rufus Ada-George and Dr. Peter Odili.

Accordind to her, “Rivers state used to be called the garden city. People all over the world come to Rivers state. I know the time of Ada-George and Sir Peter Odili, it was a garden city. But today, Rivers State is no longer the garden city that our children used to be proud of”.

The wedding witnessed the attendance of political bigwigs in the country, including, Former Governors of Rivers State, Sir Rufus Ada-George, Dr. Peter Odili and his wife, Chief judge Mary Odili, Senator George Sekibo, Barr. Nyesom Wike, Hon. Austine Okpara, Dr. Abiye Sekibo, Sir. Celestine Omeiha, Timi Alaibe, Kenneth Kobani, Alabo T.O. Douglas, NDDC boss, Hon. Chibudom Nwuche, Rivers State PDP Chairman, Chief Felix Obuah.

Others include the Wives of all the South-South Governors, excluding Judith Amaechi.

In recent times, political observers have blamed the President’s wife, Patience Jonathan for orchestrating the political crisis in Rivers state. An allegation which the presidency has continuously refuted.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by dBard: 4:43pm On Jul 09, 2013
phantom: o boy no be today o!!!! grin
grin grin
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 09, 2013
REVOLUTNIS: Amechi is a very poor and reckless political strategist. Now, what point does he want to prove by contesting for NGF election? What point has he proved? He continue to play the fool by thinking that Jonathan and his promoters would allow him (Amechi) to rub their faces in dirt. SHAME ON HIM

What's the crime in contesting for NGF election? How does that rub dirt on GEJ's promoters faces? What's in it for GEJ?

Using five members to foment trouble in House of Assembly? That's the real shame. If the so called GEJ promoters can not even engineer defection of some members of Amaechi's faction but now resort to this brazen show of thuggery, it speaks volumes of their pedigree.

The real loser is not Amaechi, Wike or GEJ but the people of Rivers state because irrespective of any eventuality, insecurity is bound to reign supreme.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by sazycul: 4:44pm On Jul 09, 2013
Na who hold stick for here?? This is a
shame to democracy. We urge all to pray
for peace.

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by slimghost(m): 4:46pm On Jul 09, 2013
Abagworo: http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/06/16/anti-amaechi-group-gangs-up-in-rivers-as-patience-jonathan-hails-wike/

The wedding witnessed the attendance of political bigwigs in the country, including, Former Governors of Rivers State, Sir Rufus Ada-George, Dr. Peter Odili and his wife, Chief judge Mary Odili, Senator George Sekibo, Barr. Nyesom Wike, Hon. Austine Okpara, Dr. Abiye Sekibo, Sir. Celestine Omeiha, Timi Alaibe, Kenneth Kobani, Alabo T.O. Douglas, NDDC boss, Hon. Chibudom Nwuche, Rivers State PDP Chairman, Chief Felix Obuah.

Others include the Wives of all the South-South Governors, excluding Judith Amaechi.

In recent times, political observers have blamed the President’s wife, Patience Jonathan for orchestrating the political crisis in Rivers state. An allegation which the presidency has continuously refuted.

Care to explain why Saint Amaechi is also not in good terms with all these people? Oh, i forgot, they are all pro-Jonathan. SMH
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Abagworo(m): 4:46pm On Jul 09, 2013
Daddybee: I want to assume most of the ppl posting comments here have not watched the video of what transpired on tv. I just watched it on TVC and I feel terribly sorry for a

We need a link to the video
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by networkrecharg: 4:50pm On Jul 09, 2013
Symphony007: HOW RIVERS STATE SPEAKER RT. HON. DAN AMACHREE WAS IMPEACHED

The Rivers State lawmakers have impeached the Speaker of the Rivers State House of Assembly Rt Hon Dan Amachree . A new Speaker Hon Evans Bipi has been elected .However, the Speaker Dan Amacree denied on phone that he has been impeached .We gathered that immediately the speakers was impeached the Assembly complex broke into choas and staff fled as members fought and blows were exchanged.

A group also attempted to collect the mace of the assembly while some staffs who fled claim Gov Ameachi himself stormed the house and took the mace. In an attempt to put a lid on the situation ,Leader of the house, Chidi Lyod has said via call that there was no impeachment but that there is heavy security at the complex, staffs have fled.

Memwhile the Rivers State Commissioner of Information, Mrs Ibim Seminitari has called on channels TV to give the governors side of the story on the issue. She claimed that while the house was about to begin it’s sitting and the speaker was exchanging pleasantries with other members, the leader of the Pro GEJ lawmakers, Evans frustrated with their inability to Impeach the governor walked up to him and started slapping him, to which the speaker fought back and a massive fight erupted in the chamber between Pro Ameachi and Pro GEJ lawmakers. And then some hoodlums hired by the Pro GEJ group according to her jumped in from the gallery and joined the fight attempting to collect the mace.

Upon hearing this from the government house which is a few blocks away from the assembly, the governour set off in his motorcade to the assembly with his security and when he arrived the fight intensified with Pro GEJ lawmakers throwing things at the governor. Cars were destroyed, their were injuries on both side. The commissioner said a full statement will be released on the incident.

http://famouspeoplenews./2013/07/09/how-rivers-state-speaker-rt-hon-dan-amachree-was-impeached/

This is not impeachment
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by mankand(m): 4:52pm On Jul 09, 2013
No comment.

Just one word

#2015#
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by mascott(m): 4:52pm On Jul 09, 2013
slimghost:

I know you are a staunch Amaechi buttlicker, but please present facts the way they are. [/b][b]This is a fight between Wike and Amaechi, don't rope GEJ into this local fight. Let Amaechi finish what he started.

Not very regular here but the bolded comment sounds childish.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by slimghost(m): 4:55pm On Jul 09, 2013
mascott:

Not very regular here but the bolded comment sounds childish.

Sure it does, to a kid.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by ssii: 5:03pm On Jul 09, 2013
AWKA_MADE_GUN: Amaechi should stop all these rubbish. His desperation is getting out of hand. Well am going to PH tomorrow, we will get to the root of all these madness. If he wants to decamp, he should do so without a fight. As for any SE governor on the same train with Amaechi, he is finished politically.

There is every indication that he is gonna end up in jail, alot of misappropriation and misapplication of funds in Rivers state.
So he should wait and watch PEJ/GEJ remove illegally as governor. Why are you people blaming Amaechi here, Goodluck that has enjoyed the goodwill of nigerians is allowing himself to pushed by his wife and wike to illegally remove Amaechi with 5 members of the house. Rivers state has been peaceful all this while, all these politicians who out of desperation want to take control of Rivers have started causing chaos.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by mkoabiola: 5:03pm On Jul 09, 2013
Season film.
Who b d actor ,who b d boss
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by KokoBeware: 5:06pm On Jul 09, 2013
Going to the house of assembly was a foolish move by Amaechi

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by sunsky29(m): 5:08pm On Jul 09, 2013
Oga@TheTop:
Sey your source na Maggi Cube, salt or na palm oyel? A picture of the brouhaha could still serve as source.. so try and get pix abeg.

sad
guy.ths na real jor.speaker is in hospital.even gave a live interview frm dia.i watchd it sm minz ago.oh my state.dis politicianz wil bring bk d dark agez in p.h o
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by simpleseyi: 5:15pm On Jul 09, 2013
slimming: It is unlawful for the Governor to do that.

But it is lawful for 5 law-breakers, sorry law-makers loyal to Goodluck and Patience Jonathan to try to impeach a Speaker that has 27 law-makers in his support. It is also lawful for 5 law-breakers out of 32 law-breakers and law-makers be working towards impeaching the state Governor just becos the Governor is rumoured to be dreaming, thinking or planning to contest PDP presidential primary against Goodluck & Patience Jonathan. The last time Patience died and woke up after 7 or 8 days in a German hospital and the lesson she learnt is to fight anyone she dreams is against her husband being president for life. These cowards (Goodluck & Patience Jonathan)are not brave enough to fight Sule Lamido who is obviously interested in the presidency or Babangida Aliyu who has taken up arms to fight anyone who mention Jona .... before the person complete the name.

THE BATTLE HAS JUST BEGUN. LET US ALL KEEP WATCHING. The same way we watched the death and resurrection of Patience Jonathan, hope it is not Goodluck Jonathan that will try to surpass the Bible's record of death and resurrection.

6 Likes

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Fidelcruiz(m): 5:20pm On Jul 09, 2013
False rumour. Unconfirmed
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by ssii: 5:23pm On Jul 09, 2013
slimghost:

Care to explain why Saint Amaechi is also not in good terms with all these people? Oh, i forgot, they are all pro-Jonathan. SMH
Amaechi does not have any issues with all the people you have listed, the fact that they attended the wedding of Evans Bipi does not mean that they have problems with Amaechi. Besides not everybody would like a person, just as not everyone in PDP agrees with GEJ. For most of these people, they are former political holders who have just found an ally in Wike, people who hate the focused leadership of Amaechi and wants him to share Rivers money for them. Chibudom and Opara are former political office holders who do not want to do any other work than eating from politics, they want Amaechi to share Rivers money for them but Amaechi would not. Opara had contested with Amaechi in the PDP primaries, Chibudom lost in the PDP senatorial primaries.
Don't be deceived, Peter Odili does not have any problems with Amaechi, he is Amaechi's mentor and despite the issues they had when Amaechi was denied his ticket, they have always maintained a cordial relationship. Abiye Sekibo contested under ACN, lost the elections. He is suddenly a PDP man now because he feels he has axe to grind with Amaechi.
Wike clearly wants to be governor, Amaechi has told him it won't be possible because they are from the same tribe. Wike wants to make sure Amaechi is out so that he can easily become governor of Rivers state.
Omehia is still angry that he was removed by the supreme court, he contested again under APGA and lost. Right now he is so broke. These men are yesterday's men who are still waiting to share from the national cake instead of looking for something else to do.
What you should ask is why are 27 out of 32 assembly members behind Amaechi despite all the threats and enticement. How come all the Rivers house of representative members solidly behind Amaechi and 2 out of 3 senators supporting him. Only losers and those with ulterior motives, who do not have the interest of Rivers at heart are fighting Amaechi.

5 Likes

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by wasiudvd(m): 5:24pm On Jul 09, 2013
I do not know how many lawmakers thery have in river's house, but according to the news "5 pro JEG lawmakers vs 23 pro Ameachi lawmakers". So how can there be impeachment?

1 Like

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by slimghost(m): 5:28pm On Jul 09, 2013
ssii:
Amaechi does not have any issues with all the people you have listed, the fact that they attended the wedding of Evans Bipi does not mean that they have problems with Amaechi. Besides not everybody would like a person, just as not everyone in PDP agrees with GEJ. For most of these people, they are former political holders who have just found an ally in Wike, people who hate the focused leadership of Amaechi and wants him to share Rivers money for them. Chibudom and Opara are former political office holders who do not want to do any other work than eating from politics, they want Amaechi to share Rivers money for them but Amaechi would not. Opara had contested with Amaechi in the PDP primaries, Chibudom lost in the PDP senatorial primaries.
Don't be deceived, Peter Odili does not have any problems with Amaechi, he is Amaechi's mentor and despite the issues they had when Amaechi was denied his ticket, they have always maintained a cordial relationship. Abiye Sekibo contested under ACN, lost the elections. He is suddenly a PDP man now because he feels he has axe to grind with Amaechi.
Wike clearly wants to be governor, Amaechi has told him it won't be possible because they are from the same tribe. Wike wants to make sure Amaechi is out so that he can easily become governor of Rivers state.
Omehia is still angry that he was removed by the supreme court, he contested again under APGA and lost. Right now he is so broke. These men are yesterday's men who are still waiting to share from the national cake instead of looking for something else to do.
What you should ask is why are 27 out of 32 assembly members behind Amaechi despite all the threats and enticement. How come all the Rivers house of representative members solidly behind Amaechi and 2 out of 3 senators supporting him. Only losers and those with ulterior motives, who do not have the interest of Rivers at heart are fighting Amaechi.

Bunch of bullocks. That you are an Amaechi buttlicker dose not mean you should come here and embarrass yourself. I wouldn't want to indulge in a senseless back and forth argument with you but its a known FACT that Amaechi is not in good terms with all those people i listed. You can continue making up childish and laughable excuses for him but he really needs to check himself.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by ssii: 5:28pm On Jul 09, 2013
slimghost:

FYI, Timi Alaibe, the NDDC chairman, and Ada George do not have any problems with Amaechi. Kenneth Kobani is in ACN, he is an ally of Abiye Sekibo.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by genuisemma: 5:29pm On Jul 09, 2013
I can c d handwok of Petience jonathan' she is gradualy succeedin in d plot 2 impeach ameachi. She has succeeded d 1st stag

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

If APC Wanted Nigeria To Work, Why Didn't They Bring Osinbajo - Peter Obi / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala & Her Husband At Democratic Party Convention In USA (pics) / Atiku Reacts As Supreme Court Dismissed His Appeal Against Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.