Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,137 members, 7,860,086 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:25 AM

Review Any Movie - TV/Movies (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Review Any Movie (56259 Views)

How To Find Direct Download Link Of Any Movie / How To Find Direct Download Link Of Any Movie / How To Add Subtitles To Any Movie/TV series (Steps plus a 3mins video tutorial) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Review Any Movie by Gamine(f): 5:58pm On Nov 18, 2008
Dragonballs movie eh?

Picollo white? undecided

Chow yun fat as??

Nawa o, hollywood don go bungas
Re: Review Any Movie by KarmaMod(f): 1:58am On Nov 19, 2008
WebMonk:

. How can PICOLLO be white? HOW shocked

sure it wasnt Freezer?
Re: Review Any Movie by justkunmi(m): 5:20am On Nov 19, 2008
@Ex
i totally get your point on the need to spice up the whole Bond stuff. .
but my point is, it shouldn't be done at the expense of some things that makes a Bond movie different from a Jason Statham running on pure adrenalin with no common sense. .

The brand Bond, with all of its uniqueness should not be sacrificed on the altar of sheer "newness" or something different. .
Bond portrays a man, all men should want to be like. .

in the last 2 Bond movies. especially Quantum,.
1.I didn't see the usual confidence and carriage JB has. . even under duress, he should still have his A game on. .
2.I didn't catch any crazy one-liners he is know for. Just drab yarns and everyday lines.
3.I didn't see a calculated step at eliminating an enemy. .just brute force. .Like the one you'ld see with Arnold. .
4.I didn't see a tactical help or input from M. . the supposedly tactical goddess.
5.and OMG. . The cars!. I know this might not mean much to normal movie followers, but fans should be treated with some good stuff. Why should JB drive a Ford? Cos they paid alot of money? The Aston Martin was supposed to mean class, . . vintage spec. and my question earlier was if Daewoo or Volkswagen paid alot money, James would drive a Daewoo Tico or a Golf?? grin

its just unfair to Daniel Craig all these started when he took over, cos i'm beginning to tie all these down on him. .

My point is, Bond can still be modern and thrilling and the uniqueness not tampered with. .
Re: Review Any Movie by ExInferis(m): 1:21pm On Nov 19, 2008
@justkunmi

heeeyaa! you don't need the bold typeface, i can clearly get your point and i seriously appreciate your argument. hey, few people grumbled when batman under chris suddenly went all Barry White on us whatwith all that bass and sh1t. that WAS a drastic change.

and how many point an accusing finger when Pierce Brosnan took on BMW, a german brand, in 3 of his 4 movies before switching to a vanquish (or is it vantage? aston martin DB sha) in Die Another Day? so why the noise about craig driving a Ford? just thank heavens he wasnt driving nothing from korea.

but maybe i digress.

honestly i can't think of very many people who'd crack one liners when diffusing a nuke or facing down the barrel of a .45 caliber in the hands of a maniac!

if i get you correctly, you miss the famous swagger, the ego, the debauchery, the one-liners, the gizmos, the OTT action pieces, the dumb women etc because they effectively sum up Bond.

i do miss some of those elements too (except the sex) but frankly, if you ask me, 20 movies featuring the same thing is 19 too much. if we don't encourage safe-treading filmmakers to venture outside an established framework and take something completely  in a different direction in the quest for our attention and even more crucially our interest, we will end up with every project being a rehash, like starwars.

I'm glad that the Bond franchise has shed some of the excess baggage which no longer work in this cynical world. i mean, the world is about to get taken over/vaporized by some evil rich dude and Bond cracks jokes and hops in beds inbetween threats to his life for his trademark and totally pointless trysts?

come on!

however i do concede QoS is a little OTT on the action, every scene has some visceral mini war wedged in, leaving less wiggle room for other elements, but I'm in defense of Craig here. i believe he does fit the role tremendously. the only thing is, he suffers comparison to jason bourne (which incidentally totally deviated from robert ludlum's original novels in almost every aspect).

don't worry, though, our hypothetical black Bond is coming to restore dignity to the franchise. think soul food, endless Yo Mama jokes, easier-to-bed biatches, lewd oneliners about booty and sh1t etc  grin

shebi na change we want: YES HE CAN!

@webmonk

that wasnt piccolo, its freezer. still, its a huge-ass bomb they making right there.

saw a new trailer for Terminator Salvation.

christian bale is just too much!

saw a small clip of Transformers 2 behind the scene, and more new watchmen trailers and making-of featurette.

I'm salivating already.

ps: theres a rumor going around town that I am Legend will be graced with a sort of prequel detaling the first few hours after the epidemic.
Re: Review Any Movie by vescucci(m): 1:46pm On Nov 19, 2008
Ex just made me feel better about the whole Bond thing. Bale is fast becoming one of my all-time favorites. I don't think I'll like the prequel thingie. Especially if the frequent flash backs from the first movie is anything to go by. Let em give it a rest.
Re: Review Any Movie by ExInferis(m): 2:15pm On Nov 19, 2008
@vesc

between Christian Bale and Shia Lebouf i cant tell who's the new darling of hollywood, but so far im equally impressed with bale in TS, as im eagerly awaiting his outing as Solid Snake sometime end of next year or early 2010.

i dont know if james cameron had a hand in T3, but whoever did has done us a great service by killing any further likelihood of another T1000 coming back in time to kill Connor. it took them 20 years to get to the war in the future, and im glad Bale is the new john connor.

as for IAL, well, wont you like to know how the darkseekers overwhelmed the entire us military, given that they are not impervious to bullets? i'd love to see the thinning out of new york and how it was Neville survived 3 years alone with his mental faculties intact.
Re: Review Any Movie by justkunmi(m): 7:04pm On Nov 19, 2008
@Ex
I totally get ya point. . I rest ma case. .
I guess we'l wait for the 23rd Bond movie. then we'll see whats up. .
Re: Review Any Movie by ExInferis(m): 8:38pm On Nov 19, 2008
justkunmi:

@Ex
I totally get ya point. . I rest ma case. .
I guess we'l wait for the 23rd Bond movie. then we'll see whats up. .

hmm, hope they dont name it something as silly as "Quantum of Solace", like "Equilibrium of Melancholy" or somesuch.
Re: Review Any Movie by vescucci(m): 4:09pm On Nov 20, 2008
Very funny. I'm sure there a perfectly good explanation from the movie. Since they ran out of Ian Fleming titles they came up with a quasi-Fleming one. Only it is NOT
Re: Review Any Movie by justkunmi(m): 11:51pm On Nov 20, 2008
heard it mite be Bond 23
Re: Review Any Movie by vescucci(m): 2:01pm On Nov 22, 2008
That's the lamest title since "Are we there yet"
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 3:58pm On Nov 23, 2008
How to lose friends and alienate people
Simon Pegg is mad grin grin grin
I thought it was fun, quirky, cynical and with a touch of naivete.
Enjoyed it.
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 6:30pm On Nov 23, 2008
Oh finally watched Babylon A.D
aheheheheheh what is the bluidy movie about?
Wack movie
Re: Review Any Movie by spikyn: 2:55pm On Nov 25, 2008
@iice, I feel you on Babylon A.D., I heard Vin and the director washed their hands of the project sef.

One problem I have with the 'new Bond' which kinda stuck in my craw more than aping Jason Bourne is the super-specialness of the Daniel Craig version. If you watch the earlier movies, Bond was just a bloody civil servant, one among many agents and he never was first pick. M always used to berate him and wash him down with ease. While I like the Mother-Son bond he has with Dame Judy, i think it severely undermines her authority figure standing in the context of the movie.

Read something online yesterday in which Daniel Craig was promising that the next movie will bring back the "steamy side of Bond". I for one didn't miss it.

@Ex bed-hopping and trysts didn't exactly stop Charlie Wilson, wink
Re: Review Any Movie by justkunmi(m): 9:16am On Nov 29, 2008
saw Burn After Reading. .
pls wat was that movie about

Twas lik Brad Pitt was just having a rehearsal. .
no serious stuff. .

maybe i'm wrong,
anyone seen Burn After Reading?
Re: Review Any Movie by ExInferis(m): 1:42pm On Nov 29, 2008
we burned it after watching
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 2:07pm On Nov 30, 2008
The Diving bell and the butterfly
It was struggle for me because i was sleepy and i am claustrophobic grin

Warrahell, i'd probably choke on my on saliva to just get it over with.
I enjoyed it though once i got pass the locked-in syndrome experience

The guy eye na die grin
Re: Review Any Movie by spikedcylinder: 1:45pm On Dec 02, 2008
Babylon A.D ?

Tshew! angry
Re: Review Any Movie by MadMax1(f): 7:40pm On Dec 02, 2008
Match Point.

I thought Rhys Meyers miscast. The plot is somewhat predictable, and these brits don't know the meaning of subtle. But it was okay.It felt like a montage of movies I'd seen before.

@spikyn
The steamy side of Bond,with Daniel Craig?
Heaven.
Re: Review Any Movie by Olumitide(m): 12:28pm On Dec 03, 2008
You and this Bond guy. Na wah
Saw Quantum of the Solace
It was action-packed. I like it better than the previous one, the one where they were all sitting down and playing cards throughout. angry
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 9:29pm On Dec 05, 2008
Smart people
Funny in a surprising way considering it started out sort of depressing.
Ellen page sounds and looks the same to me and sort of in the same kind of role as she was in Juno.
Thomas Haden Church - i love this guy. He's amazing.
Nice movie, better than i expected.
Re: Review Any Movie by justkunmi(m): 1:49am On Dec 11, 2008
iice
saw How to Lose Friends..blah blah. .

that guy is one helluva lunatic. .
very quirky lines. .very absurdly funny. .
I kinda liked it. .
but it was a movie you would either hate or love. .

kinda nice. .

Going to see Lakeview Terrace now. . .
be back
anyone seen it?
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 3:33pm On Dec 11, 2008
Rofl and how he sometimes does them without thought to what is coming out his mouth or the consequences grin grin

Haven't seen it. . .is it any good? Been hearing some not good reviews about it undecided
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 2:04pm On Dec 14, 2008
Resident Evil Degeneration
Nice though i'd prefer the graphics to be more FF:Spirits within than Barbie and her friends undecided
And must these movies always have one stupid female in it? undecided Who never 'gets' it till the end angry

St. Trinians grin If i went to a school like that eh.  . .no imagining what more horrors i might be capable of cheesy
Nothing special about the movie.  Just something to laugh to grin

And oh yeah. I watched most of Twilight. If you really liked the book, stick to that.
Absolute crap the movie is. Used up half of the film filming. . .on ehhh i have no idea undecided
Though Edward hmmmm kiss kiss
Re: Review Any Movie by justkunmi(m): 1:56am On Dec 15, 2008
Lakeview Terrace was, to my surprise, . .alrite.

It was kinda good. I read the reviews too before seeing the movie so I was expecting crap.
but it was not that bad.
but i hated his over acting though. trying too hard to be tough and wicked. .
esp at the opening scene where he was scolding his kids. .

nice movie though. . .just scraping average IMO. .

Resident Evil was alryt. .
we cant comment on acting. .can we? grin wink
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 11:38am On Dec 16, 2008
justkunmi:

Resident Evil was alryt. .
we can't comment on acting. .can we? grin wink

No we can't tongue Unless you mean the RE of Milla undecided

Dead space (downfall)
If Event Horizon and Resident Evil had a baby.  .  .this would be it grin grin
The animation is great.  I think it's based on a game but i don't know the game.
It's hella creepy, gory and full of expletives - not for kids! cheesy

Ghost Town
Nice movie.  Ricky Gervais is hilarious in that sort of mellow, say it with a straight-face, not cheesy way cheesy
I like how even though you know what will inevitably happen at the end, they don't bother to cram our brains with the visuals. 
Re: Review Any Movie by justkunmi(m): 8:59pm On Dec 16, 2008
Ghost Town. . .just saw the opening scene. .should see the whole movie later. . but its kinda way down the queue. .

Have to see Changeling and see what the Jolie noise is about. .
You seen it?
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 5:12pm On Dec 18, 2008
Haven't seen changeling fully undecided But i'l finish it before the globes.  .  .i hope undecided

Seven Pounds
Almost fell into a coma watching this movie. 
I thought it was going to be convoluted in that awesome kind of way.
Sadly the only thing convoluted is Will actually picking this movie to star in.
What is interesting, is the song playing near the ending of the movie.

I'll prolly check out Cadillac Records tomorrow but right now i need some mindless movie or fun grin
Re: Review Any Movie by justkunmi(m): 9:21pm On Dec 18, 2008
iice
Seven Pounds was crap??
OMG not again!!,
Hancock, . . now this one again??

oh. and I had hopes for the movie o. .
Re: Review Any Movie by SisiJinx: 9:32pm On Dec 18, 2008
iice:

Seven Pounds
Almost fell into a coma watching this movie. 
I thought it was going to be convoluted in that awesome kind of way.
Sadly the only thing convoluted is Will actually picking this movie to star in.
What is interesting, is the song playing near the ending of the movie.

Oh my God, I thought I was the only one because I am not a big Willie Boy fan.

That movie was a snoooooooooooooozer! Honestly, I couldn't tell you what happened if my life depended on it.

I think Will Smith is just going for blockbuster instead of quality. . . don't blame him though, The Church of $cientology does not joke  lipsrsealed

Changeling was good, Jolie does dramatic roles well.
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 6:00am On Dec 19, 2008
Sisi Jinx:

Oh my God, I thought I was the only one because I am not a big Willie Boy fan.

That movie was a snoooooooooooooozer! Honestly, I couldn't tell you what happened if my life depended on it.

I think Will Smith is just going for blockbuster instead of quality. . . don't blame him though, The Church of $cientology does not joke  lipsrsealed

Changeling was good, Jolie does dramatic roles well.

justkunmi:

iice
Seven Pounds was crap??
OMG not again!!, 
Hancock, . . now this one again??

oh. and I had hopes for the movie o. .

Aswerigawd, i tried to keep awake watching it.  After the movie, i was like that's it?  It would have been mildly on a scale of 0 rewarding if the end was awesome but all the crap in the beginning and through the middle still ended in crap angry Am a fan of Will but Mr. Smith, we know you have depth to your acting so please stop with these movies.  I think he wants people to like him for more than his blockbuster potential though he shouldn't try so hard.  People like him period.

JK, it's a snooze fest. You can try it, maybe you'll find one thing about the movie that was worth it being made angry
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 12:05pm On Dec 19, 2008
I just remembered something. Tom's kid (Connor) plays the young Will in this movie.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (41) (Reply)

#BBNaija: Nina Apologizes To Her Boyfriend For Kissing Miracle In The Shower / BBNaija: Lucy Evicted From Big Brother House / BBNaija: Bisola's Sister At UNILAG To Share Recharge Cards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.