Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Review Any Movie - TV/Movies (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Review Any Movie (55994 Views)

How To Find Direct Download Link Of Any Movie / How To Find Direct Download Link Of Any Movie / How To Add Subtitles To Any Movie/TV series (Steps plus a 3mins video tutorial) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Review Any Movie by cabali(m): 6:01pm On Dec 18, 2009
thanks; we are doing just fine here. lol
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 7:06pm On Dec 28, 2009
Invictus : Staring Morgan Freeman and Matt Damon.  Directed by Clint Eastwood.

Originally i thought it was a regular sports movie.  Though it does talk about rugby, it's centers more on Mandela.  Was there ever a man other than Freeman born to play this role? Definitely not.  In comparison to everyone in the movie including Matt Damon, Freeman, shined brightly. Though well made, it nevertheless focused more on Mandela and skimmed over other parts of the story.  Overall, quite a touching and even inspiring movie because Invictus is a touching if not, an inspiring poem.

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
Re: Review Any Movie by lake1(f): 6:29pm On Apr 15, 2010
I agree, AVATAR is a movie to be watched,
Re: Review Any Movie by obinna5000(m): 6:33pm On Apr 15, 2010
Clash of the Titans (2010) - OK smiley

How to Train Your Dragon (2010) - Cool cool

The Bounty Hunter (2010) - sucks tongue tongue
Re: Review Any Movie by teeluv(m): 10:10pm On Apr 15, 2010
the blind side beautifulll.
Re: Review Any Movie by phizz: 6:44am On Apr 16, 2010
@obinna, that's Ur Opinion, which u r entitled to. as for me any movie by Jennifer Aninston, rocks wink
Re: Review Any Movie by teeluv(m): 11:11am On Apr 16, 2010
@ phizz so ure saying Management too also Rocks?
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 2:23pm On Apr 16, 2010
Blind side was sort of boring undecided
Anything by jen aniston sucks grin
Re: Review Any Movie by teeluv(m): 7:34pm On Apr 16, 2010
@ iice u just broke my heart with blind side, it was a good movie. not a waste of time but kinda long. as for anniston even bounty hunter sucks, pitied butler though,
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 8:05am On Apr 17, 2010
I didn't say it wasn't a good movie. Just sort of boring. Alot of places dragged and then it perks up then drag again. I particularly didn't see what the hoopla was all about with Bullock. Maybe because she's a comedic actress? undecided But i know she can do drama so the whole oscar thing for that part undecided
Re: Review Any Movie by teeluv(m): 8:48am On Apr 17, 2010
true, the net was not that bad, but they always seem to put comedy in some of her moviess, the proposal to,
Re: Review Any Movie by eldee(m): 4:25pm On Apr 25, 2010
I usually come here to see what movies get reviews from iice and others.
Today I saw two review of The Bank Job talking about how the women were objectified.

I was like YEAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First scene in the movie and i love it already. grin grin
Re: Review Any Movie by semid4lyfe(m): 4:53pm On Apr 26, 2010
AVATAR - watched it and was like 'so na the film wey Nairalander's dey hype be this?'. Impressive characters but the FACT that the story wasn't 100% original (reminded me too much of Pocahontas) subtracted from it for me. Planet Pandora, the forest, the na'avi's, the flying birds and all the other forest creatures were impressively done but apart from that, the film was just there. Not surprised the film lost out to Hurt Locker at the Oscars 2010. I give it a 6/10.
Re: Review Any Movie by semid4lyfe(m): 5:33pm On Apr 26, 2010
Omotara Johnson - [center]Usually, I don't go out of my way to watch Nigerian films. In fact, I only got to see this film cos my lil sis' who's away in school and stays in the hostel came home and gave me her flash to scan for viruses on my pc. After scanning, I opened the flash saw the film and copied it onto my pc.[/center] 

Omotara Johnson is a Yoruba film subtitled in English and stars Bukky Wright, Toyin Alausa, Chidi Mokeme and Femi Branaird. Two friends (Bukky Wright & Toyin Alausa) meet a man(Chidi Mokeme). . . Chidi prefers Toyin and eventually gets into a relationship with her. Bukky becomes jealous, sets up toyin to take the fall in a financial scandal and gets her sacked from her job. . bla bla bla. Make I SMS on the story ojare. . .make una go watch am.

My opinion of the film is:  Interesting storyline/plot but film dragged and had some visible lulls. Story also had some twists as it had some surprises and wasn't too predictable. Continuity was on point, subtitling was ok (at least most of the phrases were not lost in translation) and Excellent acting by Bukky Wright, Chidi Mokeme and Toyin Alausa. For their acting alone, I rate the film a 4/10. . .which is a pass mark for a Nigerian film in my book, lol
Re: Review Any Movie by teeluv(m): 11:45am On Apr 28, 2010
the promotion, SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS
Re: Review Any Movie by semid4lyfe(m): 5:53pm On Apr 28, 2010
teeluv:

Is this how to review a movie?
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 1:34pm On Apr 29, 2010
teeluv:

The one with Ryan Reynolds? I kinda liked it. . .though it's mediocre and a staple for him and Bullock.
Re: Review Any Movie by teeluv(m): 11:00pm On Apr 29, 2010
the one with sean william scott. wonder who the director was,
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 1:25am On Apr 30, 2010
Then nevermind grin That guy is dodgy so i don't even bother with his movies
Re: Review Any Movie by earthrealm(m): 2:08pm On Apr 30, 2010
just saw keanu reeves  THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL.
the movie is a masterpiece, 4 scifi/alien  lovers.the story line, the actimng.down 2 reeves  expressions,
u cud actually believe that keanu believes dat he actually is an alien!!.

the dude has  acted a lot of  alien roles  in movies,
i  rate the movie 10/10!!
Re: Review Any Movie by obinna5000(m): 2:10pm On Apr 30, 2010
@earthrealm
Masterpiece ke? grin grin grin
Re: Review Any Movie by cabali(m): 11:24pm On Apr 30, 2010
Ok here's mine

storyline not original but scripting, cinematography and final playout splendid. Worth the hype for the animation which is second to none. The 3d possibility is what keeps it at over 700 million dollars at the box office after so Many weeks. I prefer that cash for now to the oscars.

Hurt locker:
nice storyline and play but I don't think it had any business being best picture.

Blindside:

nice movie, not a spectacular storyline though. It wasn't an outstanding performance by bullock so she had nothing to do with the award. That performance isn't an oscar leading role award performance.

Precious:

great movie but too stretched out. Some scenes were too prolonged making me remember a Nigerian home video. The supporting role actress award, they got that one on point in this movie.
Re: Review Any Movie by earthrealm(m): 11:57pm On May 01, 2010
lol@obinna, maybe not exactly a master.the movie is a remake of a 1951 movie.
but all in all the 2008 version was well acted,
seems u aint a scifi/alien fan
Re: Review Any Movie by teeluv(m): 12:14am On May 02, 2010
earthrealm:

lol@obinna, maybe not exactly a master.the movie is a remake of a 1951 movie.
but all in all the 2008 version was well acted,

are u sure u meant to say masterpiece or master of pieces.??
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 2:51am On May 02, 2010
lol@ master of pieces.

@Cabali. . .that's what i have been saying about Bullock's performance. I no sabi for the oscars sef undecided
Re: Review Any Movie by cabali(m): 11:26am On May 02, 2010
They prolly just did it to annoy me grin
Re: Review Any Movie by eldee(m): 12:06pm On May 02, 2010
I've watched about twenty Sandra Bullock movies . . . she acts the same way all the time.
If they really want to give Oscars for free, they should just cart them to Julia Robert's backyard. cheesy cheesy
Re: Review Any Movie by obinna5000(m): 1:25pm On May 02, 2010
earthrealm:

WHHHAAATTT!!!! shocked I have been a Sci-Fi fan for a very long time. The 2008 version of The Day The Earth Stood Still wasn't all that. Have you seen the 2009 version of Star Trek? Now that's a masterpiece.
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 2:17pm On May 02, 2010
eldee:

I've watched about twenty Sandra Bullock movies . . . she acts the same way all the time.
If they really want to give Oscars for free, they should just cart them to Julia Robert's backyard. cheesy cheesy

Sorry but i hope they cart it first to Cate Blanchett's backyard cheesy
I think Sandra has a lot more in here than that blindside role. I was sitting in church/temple earlier on with my mother and my mind wondered to an old movie of hers. I couldn't remember the name. I just know she plays a detective and Ryan Gosling was in it, when he was still an unknown actor. Kind of a psychological thriller
Re: Review Any Movie by teeluv(m): 10:25pm On May 02, 2010
i dont want to believe that, sandra is that bad,
Re: Review Any Movie by cabali(m): 3:53pm On May 03, 2010
No, she isnt a bad actress just that she also isnt an oscar actress!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Tega & Boma Being Cheered By Fans Outside Beat FM, Lagos: Pics & Video / Kechi Okwuchi Comes 6th In The America's Got Talent That Just Got Concluded / BBNaija: Teddy A's Fans To Welcome Him To Nigeria With A Hummer Limo Lincoln

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.