Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,518 members, 7,823,227 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Blood Donation, Preservation And Health Officials - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Blood Donation, Preservation And Health Officials (473 Views)

Man Dies At Sperm Bank After 4th Donation In 10 Days (PHOTO) / Blood Donation- Experiences Of A First Time Donor, Share Yours / Nigerians And Voluntary Blood Donation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Blood Donation, Preservation And Health Officials by Ideasroole: 5:48pm On Jul 09, 2013
Took my daughter to the hospital today and was told she'd need to get some blood, naturally what came mind was to buy from the blood-bank. But was shocked when the lab staffs told me 'it'd be wise and preferable'..ibid.. to get 'FRESH' blood instead of the preserved ones from the blood-bank. I mean, I was like WTH do we donate blood then, knowing most of it won't be used when preserved? Another question again that begs for answer is, why donate blood when you are aware they'd be sold to those who'd need them, and on whose behalf a whole lot of us have donated?

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Student Creates Biggest Jobs Website Without Capital Or Connections / Eat Breakfast, It Could Prevent Stroke / Doctors In The House Pls Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.