Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,423 members, 7,853,830 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 05:37 AM

Homosexuals Have A Chance At Making Heaven!!! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Homosexuals Have A Chance At Making Heaven!!! (2329 Views)

10 Categories Of Jobs That Deplete People's Chances Of Making Heaven / Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals / Is Making Heaven As Difficult As People Make It Appear? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Homosexuals Have A Chance At Making Heaven!!! by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 10, 2013
ooman: You seem to have lost the topic here.

Nah!

ooman:
Adultery and infidelity hurts someone, homosexuality hurts no one, so why is it bad?

Check the context in which I used adultery...I didn't try to draw a 'parallel' between Adultery and Homosexuality...

ooman:
I think you've missed it too with your blind faith in a god which can't exist.

Empty!!!

ooman:
by your logic, people who identify as straight too aren't born straight, they chose to be. so by your dumb logic, since we all choose our orientation, I can choose to be bisex.ual.

You call that dumb? The only thing stopping you from being bisexual is YOU!!! That's where choice comes in.

ooman:
process of purifying the homosexual gene is still at large, eluding us. but its been established its inherited, you read that right?

When something is established it becomes FACT!!! When various studies gives contradictory results, it becomes mere OPINIONS which are very far from being factual...Homosexuality is by choice!
Re: Homosexuals Have A Chance At Making Heaven!!! by ooman(m): 12:42pm On Jul 10, 2013
ok, enough of this.

tell me rats and starfishes and other animals that practice homosexuality too simply decide to turn homosexual.
Re: Homosexuals Have A Chance At Making Heaven!!! by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 10, 2013
ooman: ok, enough of this.

tell me rats and starfishes and other animals that practice homosexuality too simply decide to turn homosexual.

striktlymi: Hey Rey,

Humans are not slaves to their instincts unlike the lower animals. We can make calculative decisions as regards most things and especially on our choice of who or what we choose as the object of our intimate orientation...for some persons, they choose the opposite sex, some prefer same sex while others still, prefer any non-human objects, to include animals and other sex objects...
Re: Homosexuals Have A Chance At Making Heaven!!! by ooman(m): 12:57pm On Jul 10, 2013
weak excuse. A little study will teach you that things that are instinctual are not pre conceived.
Re: Homosexuals Have A Chance At Making Heaven!!! by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 10, 2013
ooman: weak excuse. A little study will teach you that things that are instinctual are not pre conceived.

Meaning?
Re: Homosexuals Have A Chance At Making Heaven!!! by ooman(m): 1:10pm On Jul 10, 2013
striktlymi:

Meaning?

if homosexual is instinctive, it does rest solely on choice.
Re: Homosexuals Have A Chance At Making Heaven!!! by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 10, 2013
ooman:

if homosexual is instinctive, it does rest solely on choice.

I don't think I said anything about homosexuality being instinctive...I believe I tried to draw a distinction between humans and the lower animals i.e our ability to take actions based on an advanced thought process as against the typical animal instinct.
Re: Homosexuals Have A Chance At Making Heaven!!! by ooman(m): 1:29pm On Jul 10, 2013
striktlymi:

I don't think I said anything about homosexuality being instinctive...I believe I tried to draw a distinction between humans and the lower animals i.e our ability to take actions based on an advanced thought process as against the typical animal instinct.

then you really dont know what you are talking about. bye bye.
Re: Homosexuals Have A Chance At Making Heaven!!! by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 10, 2013
ooman:

then you really dont know what you are talking about. bye bye.

Now you are foncused!!!

Bye!
Re: Homosexuals Have A Chance At Making Heaven!!! by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 10, 2013
striktlymi:

Jesus said prostitutes will enter heaven...does this mean that he is encouraging them to continue in their ways?
Lmao. he didn say the will enter heaven. he said they can make heaven(if they repent). Dont talk nonsense
Re: Homosexuals Have A Chance At Making Heaven!!! by Ayomivic(m): 1:41pm On Jul 10, 2013
striktlymi:

Morning Ayo,

First of, if I were to go with my sentiments, I would have held the belief that every gay person will NEVER enter heaven...that would be me applying my sentiments without much thought...

I have always maintained that understanding of sacred scriptures is very key...it is not just about reading or hearing the words but also about looking at the underlying implication of what Jesus is saying.

When Christ made this comment:

Matthew 21:31
New International Version (NIV)

31 “Which of the two did what his father wanted?”

“The first,” they answered.

Jesus said to them, “Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you.

Instead of some persons to try and understand what he was saying, they decided to take it the way they wanted and the following mindset was prevalent:

Luke 7:34

34 The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and you say, ‘Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.’

When Christ said those words, he was seen as one who encouraged people to remain sinful, hence the tag 'friend of sinners' but in truth, Christ revealed what a number of Jews NEVER wanted to accept...and that is sharing God's kingdom with anyone they see as a sinner...

In the first passage of sacred scriptures I quoted, the individual that decided to help the man who was attacked was a Samaritan...Jews do not interract with Samaritans, otherwise they would be made unclean, according to their beliefs...

A jew typically see a Samaritan as one who is possessed by demons, hence this comment directed at Jesus:

John 8:48

48 The Jews answered him, “Aren’t we right in saying that you are a Samaritan and demon-possessed?”

But despite this negative mindset against the Samaritans, Jesus still chose to use a Samaritan to illustrate his point about what is necessary to enter heaven...Love of neighbour and of God...if one loves his neighbour, the person automatically loves God, even when he does not know it and vise versa...

God only demands that each man does what is right in accordance with his state in life...a Muslim can make heaven if he does what is right and has a profound love for God in line with the dictate of Good conscience...

Christ made it explicit that he has some other sheep who are not part of his known flock and that they would listen to him whenever he calls (John 10:16)...those people need not be Christians...those people can be pagans...those people can be Atheists...those people can also be Gay, if only they do not know any better...

One can argue that the Goodnews has almost reached the ends of the Earth, but the truth is, the Goodnews has been distorted so much that some members of this unknown flock of Christ are finding it impossible to know what the Goodnews is and be convinced by it...

Satan also can quote bible but when he does, he will use it negatively to back himself. He quotes a bible verse when he tempted Jesus.

You still used sentiment to interpret Matthew 21:31 and all the veses of bible you wrote up there because you fail to tell us the verse of bible that say directly that homosexual will make heaven.

Next time if you want to quote bible ,quote it from reasonable verse not from middle so that people can understand it . Matthew 21:31 is a parable and the centre message Jesus was conveyed to the people there is nothing but 'repentance' let read that verses from where it will have meaning

28 But what think ye? A certain man had two son; and he came to the first, and said, son, go work to day in my vineyard.

29. He answered and said i will not: but afterward he repented and went.

30 And he came to the second, and said likewise and he answered and said, i go, sir; and went not

31 whether of them twain did the will of his father? They said unto him, the first. Jesus saith unto them,verily, verily i say unto you, that the publicans and the harlorts go into the kingdom of God before you.

32 for John and came unto you in the way of righteousness but you believe him not but the publicans and harlots believed and ye when, when ye had seen it, repentee not afterward, that ye might believe him. ( Matthew 21:28-32)

Now , hear the meaning of that parable. The first son that told his father that he would not go but later repent and went is just like gay and harlots who did not think that what they are doing is wrong but the day they heard the sermon that gay or homosexual, prostitution, is ungodly they repent from doing that.

The second son who said i will go but went not is like someone who always go to church every time he heard the sermon of what is moral and immoral to God but he did not repent from his or her evil ways. people think he or she was christian but he was a pretender.

The reason i disagreed with your topic is because you sound as if God love homosexuality . Your topic should have be, HOMOSEXUAL WHO REPENT, MIGHT MAKE HEAVEN.

The will of father (God) is that homosexual be it gay, lesbiansim, prositute, bestiality,murder,incest sould repent for God does not have pleasure in the death of wicked.

all those sins above are mortal sins in Old Testament , It irritate God
Re: Homosexuals Have A Chance At Making Heaven!!! by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jul 10, 2013
OliverPin: Lmao. he didn say the will enter heaven. he said they can make heaven(if they repent). Dont talk nonsense

Noted! Apologies for 'talking nonsense'...

Can you do us all a favour and quote Jesus word for word in order to trully know what he said?

Let me save you the stress:

English Standard Version (ESV)

31 Which of the two did the will of his father?” They said, “The first.” Jesus said to them, “Truly, I say to you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the kingdom of God before you.

31 “Which of the two did what his father wanted?”

“The first,” they answered.

Jesus said to them, “Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you.

King James Version (KJV)

31 Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.

Now Oliver, I am a bit foncused! Did Jesus say the same "nonsense" you accused me of?
Re: Homosexuals Have A Chance At Making Heaven!!! by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 10, 2013
Ayomivic:

Satan also can quote bible but when he does, he will use it negatively to back himself. He quotes a bible verse when he tempted Jesus.

You still used sentiment to interpret Matthew 21:31 and all the veses of bible you wrote up there because you fail to tell us the verse of bible that say directly that homosexual will make heaven.

Next time if you want to quote bible ,quote it from reasonable verse not from middle so that people can understand it . Matthew 21:31 is a parable and the centre message Jesus was conveyed to the people there is nothing but 'repentance' let read that verses from where it will have meaning

28 But what think ye? A certain man had two son; and he came to the first, and said, son, go work to day in my vineyard.

29. He answered and said i will not: but afterward he repented and went.

30 And he came to the second, and said likewise and he answered and said, i go, sir; and went not

31 whether of them twain did the will of his father? They said unto him, the first. Jesus saith unto them,verily, verily i say unto you, that the publicans and the harlorts go into the kingdom of God before you.

32 for John and came unto you in the way of righteousness but you believe him not but the publicans and harlots believed and ye when, when ye had seen it, repentee not afterward, that ye might believe him. ( Matthew 21:28-32)

Now , hear the meaning of that parable. The first son that told his father that he would not go but later repent and went is just like gay and harlots who did not think that what they are doing is wrong but the day they heard the sermon that gay or homosexual, prostitution, is ungodly they repent from doing that.

The second son who said i will go but went not is like someone who always go to church every time he heard the sermon of what is moral and immoral to God but he did not repent from his or her evil ways. people think he or she was christian but he was a pretender.

The reason i disagreed with your topic is because you sound as if God love homosexuality . Your topic should have be, HOMOSEXUAL WHO REPENT, MIGHT MAKE HEAVEN.

The will of father (God) is that homosexual be it gay, lesbiansim, prositute, bestiality,murder,incest sould repent for God does not have pleasure in the death of wicked.

all those sins above are mortal sins in Old Testament , It irritate God

Never mind!!!
Re: Homosexuals Have A Chance At Making Heaven!!! by Syncan(m): 4:02pm On Jul 10, 2013
striktlymi:

It is not against any teaching of the catholic church.

Just to clear this. The teachings of the Catholic Church states that sex is only for married couple. They also teach that marriage is only between a man and a woman. If any of this condition is absent in the case in question, then it is against the Church's teachings.
Re: Homosexuals Have A Chance At Making Heaven!!! by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 10, 2013
Syncan:

Just to clear this. The teachings of the Catholic Church states that sex is only for married couple. They also teach that marriage is only between a man and a woman. If any of this condition is absent in the case in question, then it is against the Church's teachings.

Hi Syncan,

Thanks for the input but I will suggest that you go through the OP and verify for yourself if there is any word that contradicts the church's teachings...

If there is, I will be very grateful if you would point it out. I can also learn from you!

Anyways, none of what I share represents the church's official position ( of which I am subject to) but still I am confident that none of what I have shared so far is against any known teaching of the church.
Re: Homosexuals Have A Chance At Making Heaven!!! by Syncan(m): 6:26pm On Jul 10, 2013
striktlymi:

Hi Syncan,

Thanks for the input but I will suggest that you go through the OP and verify for yourself if there is any word that contradicts the church's teachings...

If there is, I will be very grateful if you would point it out. I can also learn from you!

Anyways, none of what I share represents the church's official position ( of which I am subject to) but still I am confident that none of what I have shared so far is against any known teaching of the church.

Dear brother, did my statement in any way say that yours contradict Church's teaching? If there is anything wrong in my post, please point it out.

However until you give me proof, I will take it that its just a figment of your Imagination, that anyone practised homosexuality in human, without it been looked at as against natural order by that society in the begining. Like St. Paul said in Rom2:12-14, natural law will be the condemnation or justification of such persons. Hence apart from our letting our Imaginations run wild, let's produce a case from adam where homosexuality was practiced as inline with nature. Till then....
Re: Homosexuals Have A Chance At Making Heaven!!! by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 10, 2013
Syncan:

Dear brother, did my statement in any way say that yours contradict Church's teaching? If there is anything wrong in my post, please point it out.

However until you give me proof, I will take it that its just a figment of your Imagination, that anyone practised homosexuality in human, without it been looked at as against natural order by that society in the begining. Like St. Paul said in Rom2:12-14, natural law will be the condemnation or justification of such persons. Hence apart from our letting our Imaginations run wild, let's produce a case from adam where homosexuality was practiced as inline with nature. Till then....

Never mind!
Re: Homosexuals Have A Chance At Making Heaven!!! by Syncan(m): 6:43pm On Jul 10, 2013
striktlymi:

Never mind!

Thanks bro.
Re: Homosexuals Have A Chance At Making Heaven!!! by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jul 10, 2013
striktlymi:

Never mind!

Chei!!! LMAO. Even Striktlymi sef tire.
How is it that I understand what u are trying to say but ur fellow religious people dont?
Re: Homosexuals Have A Chance At Making Heaven!!! by Smartiegurl(f): 8:28pm On Jul 10, 2013
striktlymi:

Jesus said prostitutes will enter heaven...does this mean that he is encouraging them to continue in their ways?
not until they quit sin and walk in the ways of God.
Re: Homosexuals Have A Chance At Making Heaven!!! by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 10, 2013
PhenomenonVFX:

Chei!!! LMAO. Even Striktlymi sef tire.
How is it that I understand what u are trying to say but ur fellow religious people dont?

Lol!!!

Beats me!!!
Re: Homosexuals Have A Chance At Making Heaven!!! by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 10, 2013
Smartie gurl: not until they quit sin and walk in the ways of God.

A different approach!

What exactly is God's ways?
Re: Homosexuals Have A Chance At Making Heaven!!! by bizmahn: 10:45pm On Jul 10, 2013
Mr man, if by this topic you mean to say that ga'ys & prostitutes get to make heaven with their immoral sins intact & I think its certainly what you mean then I count you as a heretic probably worse than frosbel.
If homosexuals should ever enter heaven in their sin then God will apologise to satan & sodom.You have ruined all the respect you ever commanded on this forum in one blow.You certainly are not a xtian,no!! not even a roman catholic if your mind can conceive this abomination.I hope & pray that I'm getting your point wrong.
Re: Homosexuals Have A Chance At Making Heaven!!! by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jul 10, 2013
Evening Biz,

LWTMB!!!

bizmahn: Mr man, if by this topic you mean to say that ga'ys & prostitutes get to make heaven with their immoral sins intact & I think its certainly what you mean

If that's what you choose to understand by the OP, then no P.

bizmahn:
then I count you as a heretic probably worse than frosbel.

Lol!!!

Rey said Obadiah, now you are saying Frosbel...

The only one who can label me a heretic is my local ordinary, the Bishop of my Arch diocese...

Anyways, considering that no one is under any compulsion to accept my thoughts on some matters, then there is no ish.

bizmahn:
If homosexuals should ever enter heaven in their sin then God will apologise to satan & sodom.

Now, what gives you the impression that everyone in Sodom and Gomorrah were damned to eternal punishment?

If this is what you believe then sorry to say but your belief is wrong...Some persons in Sodom and Gomorrah would likely be in heaven today.

bizmahn:
You have ruined all the respect you ever commanded on this forum in one blow.

Respect ke? Lol!!!

If I want respect, I would start opening threads that appeal to the crowd...

bizmahn:
You certainly are not a xtian,no!! not even a roman catholic if your mind can conceive this abomination.

I hear ya!

bizmahn:
I hope & pray that I'm getting your point wrong.

I don't think there is any need to hope and pray...the OP is simple enough to understand...maybe when you are done with your sentiments, you might want to read it again.

I actually read it over and over again myself to try and understand why it is misunderstood but I still can't say why...
Re: Homosexuals Have A Chance At Making Heaven!!! by bizmahn: 12:15am On Jul 11, 2013
striktlymi: Evening Biz,

LWTMB!!!

If that's what you choose to understand by the OP, then no P.

Lol!!!

Rey said Obadiah, now you are saying Frosbel...

The only one who can label me a heretic is my local ordinary, the Bishop of my Arch diocese...

Anyways, considering that no one is under any compulsion to accept my thoughts on some matters, then there is no ish.

Now, what gives you the impression that everyone in Sodom and Gomorrah were damned to eternal punishment?

If this is what you believe then sorry to say but your belief is wrong...Some persons in Sodom and Gomorrah would likely be in heaven today.

Respect ke? Lol!!!

If I want respect, I would start opening threads that appeal to the crowd...

I hear ya!

I don't think there is any need to hope and pray...the OP is simple enough to understand...maybe when you are done with your sentiments, you might want to read it again.

I actually read it over and over again myself to try and understand why it is misunderstood but I still can't say why...

Don't even try to make it to look different from what you intended at first because of public outcry.Everybody knows homosexuals will make heaven if they repent & its no news so the topic simply betrays a different opinion from what people alread know;......an opinion you tried to potray in this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1346164/gays-lesbianssodomites-gomoritesshould-god-apologize#16610521 while I fruitlessly tried to stop you.The opinion that HOMOSEXUALS HAVE A CHANCE AT MAKING HEAVEN WITH THEIR HOMOSEXUAL DEEDS INTACT.God have mercy on you.
Re: Homosexuals Have A Chance At Making Heaven!!! by Nobody: 7:02am On Jul 11, 2013
Morning Biz,

bizmahn:

Don't even try to make it to look different from what you intended at first because of public outcry.

Try to make it look different? Why would I want to do that?...This is getting very funny...I stand by what I have said and please do not take my response to your OP as a kind of damage control...I know each comment I made and I stand by every word.

bizmahn:
Everybody knows homosexuals will make heaven if they repent & its no news so the topic simply betrays a different opinion from what people alread know;......an opinion you tried to potray in this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1346164/gays-lesbianssodomites-gomoritesshould-god-apologize#16610521

I stand by my comment on that thread and the comments I make on this thread...I do not apologize for any of them because I believe firmly that they are true...

For the avoidance of doubt...I re-iterate my position: HOMOSEXUALS WHO DO NOT KNOW ANY BETTER AND DO GOOD IN LINE WITH THE PRINCIPLES OF RIGHT CONSCIENCE, WILL NEVER SEE ETERNAL DAMNATION!!!...I have no apologies to give for saying this.

bizmahn:
while I fruitlessly tried to stop you.The opinion that HOMOSEXUALS HAVE A CHANCE AT MAKING HEAVEN WITH THEIR HOMOSEXUAL DEEDS INTACT.

Your attempt now is also very fruitless!!! I can't possibly call 'white', 'black' because Mr. Biz or any other individual is not happy with what I say...

bizmahn:
God have mercy on you.

AMEN!!!
Re: Homosexuals Have A Chance At Making Heaven!!! by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 11, 2013
@bizmahn
What I seem to understand from the OP is that it asserts that every sin committed in ignorance will most likely be forgiven by God. He gave homosexuality as an example to make his point but he extends it to every other sin.
"Any sin committed in ignorance will not be held against the sinner" is what it seems to be saying.
Now I dont believe in biblical folktales, like the story of Soddom and Gomorrah, but indulge me for a moment. In that story, we are NOT told that the people committed their sins in ignorance. It was like they knew what they were doing was wrong and I doubt homosexuality was d only wrong thing they were doing. Even when the angels came to visit Lot, they wanted to r.ape the angels. That means they would have still rap.ed visiting women also. For Lot not wanting to give the angels to them shows that he knew what was right from wrong. That shows that most of the men there knew the same too. They just wanted to r.ape the men. If ra.ping of men had been a usual practice there I dont think Lot would have settled there because they would have raped him too. Or maybe they did grin
But the OP is talking about a situation when the gays know no better. Such as is the case in some ancient cultures where homosexuality is norm.
So u see u are the one reading this all wrong. Or maybe it is me.
Re: Homosexuals Have A Chance At Making Heaven!!! by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 11, 2013
^^^

Spot on man...you are spot on!!!
Re: Homosexuals Have A Chance At Making Heaven!!! by Syncan(m): 9:42am On Jul 11, 2013
PhenomenonVFX: @bizmahn
What I seem to understand from the OP is that it asserts that every sin committed in ignorance will most likely be forgiven by God. He gave homosexuality as an example to make his point but he extends it to every other sin.
"Any sin committed in ignorance will not be held against the sinner" is what it seems to be saying.
Now I dont believe in biblical folktales, like the story of Soddom and Gomorrah, but indulge me for a moment. In that story, we are NOT told that the people committed their sins in ignorance. It was like they knew what they were doing was wrong and I doubt homosexuality was d only wrong thing they were doing. Even when the angels came to visit Lot, they wanted to r.ape the angels. That means they would have still rap.ed visiting women also. For Lot not wanting to give the angels to them shows that he knew what was right from wrong. That shows that most of the men there knew the same too. They just wanted to r.ape the men. If ra.ping of men had been a usual practice there I dont think Lot would have settled there because they would have raped him too. Or maybe they did grin
But the OP is talking about a situation when the gays know no better. Such as is the case in some ancient cultures where homosexuality is norm.
So u see u are the one reading this all wrong. Or maybe it is me.

Kindly do me the favor of going through my post again and point out what shows my non comprehension of his position. I fully understand his position but is it not debatable? If he is talking about right and wrong, then he is talking about law.There is what is called natural law, which lies in the heart of men, one cannot be ignorant of this. My Position is that I believe this natural law does not permit homosexuality as right in any society. I asked him to prove to me that it did. I only tired to participate in the debate but he seemed intolerant to a different opinion, so I bounced...until I read yours. Just to clear up things, striktlymi I understand you, I have liked some of your posts else where, but do permit me sometimes to differ from you.
Re: Homosexuals Have A Chance At Making Heaven!!! by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 11, 2013
^^^Dude, u I understand. What u are saying in essence is that the OP's assertion is just Striklym's imagination and his own personal sentiment and that he has nothing scriptural to back it up with. I totally get u. That is why I directed my above comment which u quoted to Bizmahn. I dont seem to get the dude. He is just arguing with emotions. Unless u and Bizmahn are one and the same.

As to Striklymi's lack of scriptural backing, I think he has provided one or two passages to back up his sentiments. He is saying that God doesnt deal in white and black like we humans do. There are so many grey areas which God takes into account. Hence the statement: “Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you."
Re: Homosexuals Have A Chance At Making Heaven!!! by amanda2013(f): 12:03pm On Jul 11, 2013
its a free world and everybody is entitled to hs or her own opinion!
Re: Homosexuals Have A Chance At Making Heaven!!! by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 11, 2013
Afternoon Sync,

Apologies for seemingly 'brushing off' your second post...my intent was different...

Syncan:
Kindly do me the favor of going through my post again and point out what shows my non comprehension of his position. I fully understand his position but is it not debatable? If he is talking about right and wrong, then he is talking about law.There is what is called natural law, which lies in the heart of men, one cannot be ignorant of this.

You are right, no one has any excuse for not doing what is right because like you suggested, 'natural laws' are firmly entrenched in the heart of every individual.

However, the principles of right or wrong conduct varies in each society and before the evolution of morality there have been some inherently wrong acts which were 'overlooked' by even God himself.

Lets take the case of Abram as an example. He took up another wife at the request of Sarai...God never condemned him for doing that but if we do it today, it would be regarded as adultery and the individual would be in danger of losing his/her soul.

Syncan:
My Position is that I believe this natural law does not permit homosexuality as right in any society. I asked him to prove to me that it did.

In ancient China and some other communities, homosexuality is not seen as a morally reprehensible act...even some sect in taoism do not see it as a sin against God...

Syncan:
I only tired to participate in the debate but he seemed intolerant to a different opinion, so I bounced...until I read yours.

Nah mehn...it's not about being intolerant; I get put off when someone implies a different meaning from my comments.

Syncan:
Just to clear up things, striktlymi I understand you, I have liked some of your posts else where, but do permit me sometimes to differ from you.

Lol!!!

You don't need my permission to defer from my views...I also express my disagreements with some viewpoints when it is appropriate.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Way To Eternal Life According To Jesus / Religious people Are More Likely To Be Racists / See Evidence The Jesus With "Long Hair" In Churches Is False.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.