Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,433 members, 7,812,285 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition (17631 Views)

Fayose Kneels Before Bamidele Olumilua, A Former Ondo State Governor (Photos) / Chukwuma Bamidele Dies (Nnamdi-Azikiwe's First-Son) / Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by Geomac: 6:20pm On Jul 10, 2013
thelastPope:

See bro, let me lay it simple for you. I have never been against Nigeria having a good opposition and an alternative. PDP is far from perfect! A good opposition is actually good for us all. But what irks me to my bone is that these so called opposition are a bunch of freaking hypocrites with zero love for Nigeria! Absolutely no love or patriotism for Nigeria. they are just seeking to grab power and enslave the rest of us. The day I see real opposition, I will know and will support them

+1000

I couldn't have said it better.

4 Likes

Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by tydot3(m): 6:27pm On Jul 10, 2013
Bamidele shuld wait 4 his time.he shuld no fayemi wil go 4 a secone term.
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 10, 2013
Was it not the same thing dat PDP wanted to do and some foolish people are critisizing? Now the so called APC/ACN HAVE DONE IT.THERE IS NO GOOD AND TRUSTED OPPOSITION PARTY IN NIGERIA. Fellow nigerians pls support and pray 4 Gej beta governance. Vote Gej in 2015
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by safejourney: 6:32pm On Jul 10, 2013
But nobody say anything when Tinubu/Fashola appoint Bamidele as Commissioner for information and Strategy for many years in Lagos State and also sponsored him to contest for the House of Representative which he won under ACN.

Why enemies of ACN are complain now? at least BAMIDELE is not from Lagos State.
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by bonetalk(m): 7:03pm On Jul 10, 2013
dayokanu: Bamidele was elected leader of the caucus. And the same people who chose him now rejected him.

So whats wrong with it

Amaechi was elected by the people of Rivers State.

Amaechi was elected NGF chairman by 19 governors of Nigeria
even if he was removed in an undemocratic process
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 10, 2013
tydot3: Bamidele shuld wait 4 his time.he shuld no fayemi wil go 4 a secone term.
what is this talk about second term? Have u ever followed the trend of this 2nd term virus? The reason they go for 2nd term is to loot the treasury of the state... check every governor that ever went in for a second term. Na then unable go bite finger dey curse unable governor....

Besides that, before fayemi became the governor what did he do for ekiti state, no matter how little? Now he has the power to loot the states treasury and he gives tokens and you scream praises... ekiti people are known to be smart and very learned, don't fall for cheap enticements.... If fayemi is so loved, why does he feel threatened? He's just a sore loser... He should grow bigger balls and be a man...

2 Likes

Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by omartins(m): 7:09pm On Jul 10, 2013
MOB started campaigning for Senate Tinubu step him down for Ojudu, gave him Rep as compesation. Now stepping him down for Fayemi this time around and Ojudu cant leave Senate for him. Hmmmmm, its this Tinubu who gave him 8 yrs commissioner appointment may be that is why he ride him that way. MOB, sorrrrry heee, thats bad part of having godfather.
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by dayokanu(m): 7:10pm On Jul 10, 2013
bonetalk: even if he was removed in an undemocratic process

How was he elected and how was he removed?

Whats the democratic removal process of a caucus leader? Mind telling us?
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by dayokanu(m): 7:12pm On Jul 10, 2013
krispycash: what is this talk about second term? Have u ever followed the trend of this 2nd term virus? The reason they go for 2nd term is to loot the treasury of the state... check every governor that ever went in for a second term. Na then unable go bite finger dey curse unable governor....

Besides that, before fayemi became the governor what did he do for ekiti state, no matter how little? Now he has the power to loot the states treasury and he gives tokens and you scream praises... ekiti people are known to be smart and very learned, don't fall for cheap enticements.... If fayemi is so loved, why does he feel threatened? He's just a sore loser... He should grow bigger balls and be a man...

What should Fayemi do?

fayemi wants to run again and he has won the support of the party chieftain. So what do you expect him to do?

And who told you Fayemi feels threatened?
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by ochukoccna: 7:14pm On Jul 10, 2013
bonetalk: even if he was removed in an undemocratic process
Which undemocratic process?
The other 5 members out 6 choose a new caucus chairman
What's wrong with that?
Jonathan sought to do same to Amaechi in the Rivers state house of reps and NGF but could not muster the numbers just like Bamidele who was removed for not towing the party line
Bamidele is obviously on his own
He has the right to contest no doubt but when he was commisioner twice was it by internal democracy?
Or was he not given the ticket to the house too?
Primaries no dey ACN nor PDP nor APGA i.e. Nigerian politics
They ALL are sharks in the water.
Only some are more merciful in biting than others
He's been in ACN long ago to know that
So why is he pursuing this without reason and no support structures like Amechi
Like I said,he's been enjoying it long enough.....you cant take bribe and now say Nigeria is corrupt..That's hypocrisy for you are part of the problem too
BTW, Fayemi is performing tongue

1 Like

Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by babyhrt(m): 7:15pm On Jul 10, 2013
Why is dat its was Tinubu dat hav to spk 4ACN on dis mata?where is Lie Mohammed? has he suddenly gone mute...?let hm speak on dis mata o
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by Benez: 7:17pm On Jul 10, 2013
dridowu: If truly pple of Ekiti want him as gov, he shd leave acn to contest in order party, he sd learn frm thre neigbhour state gov (mimiko), who went ahead to contest in unknown party

We don't need him. He is just too ambitious. The other time, he quarelled with Ojudu because of Senetorial seat that he did not win. He was then offered membership of house of Rep. He would have alloed Fayemi to finish d second term before showing interest in governorship which he can never win. He is a betrayal like Obanikoro. Do u hear anything abt Obanikoro again in d political field in Nigeria? People who fail to learn from history do easily become history. This guy was nobody b4 he was made a commissioner in Lagos State. He wants to bite the finger that fed him. Well, let him try his power like Mimiko.
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by k2039: 7:33pm On Jul 10, 2013
Longeria: sharaaaaaaaaaap, who told you PDP and Acn is the same? PDP is by far better democratic than any other party in Nigeria. I hate hypocrites, is it not the same Acn that had been pushing, encouraging, advising Chibuike AMAECHeat not to obey the party that brought him to power and had been surporting him since he has been doing so. What PDP need to do is to capitalize on this, urge Bamidele fight dirty, create hole in the party then hand him their ticket from there anything can happen.
Apparently, you couldn't interpret simple English

[img]http://cdn.meme.li/instances/300x300/39507765.jpg[/img]
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by Longeria(m): 8:10pm On Jul 10, 2013
k2039:
Apparently, you couldn't interpret simple English

[img]http://cdn.meme.li/instances/300x300/39507765.jpg[/img]
you're a brainless coconut head

2 Likes

Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by longjon: 8:27pm On Jul 10, 2013
Aren't these the same party chieftains that will vote as delegates during any primary. What's the point of using up party resources for a primary when the would be delegates have told you not to bother contesting ?

Just wondering
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 10, 2013
Impossible!

Geomac:

NGF election and what happened in Ekiti are not the same bro.
All I know is that PDP will take over SW by 2014/2015.
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by softwareman(m): 8:31pm On Jul 10, 2013
homesteady:

Keep quiet my friend!! You are so shameless!! So disgusting!! GOSH!! Is this not the same issue that happened in PDP and you vultures were complaining?? You guys were shouting that GEJ is a tyrant and dictator!! Now because it is happening on APC, it is now good!!! SMH!!
Blogger werrava, just stop commenting on NL!! Because you now look FOOLISH!!
EKITI HAS SIX REPS IN THE HOUSE OF WHICH BAMIDELE IS THE CHAIRMAN. THEY 'RE IDED THEY DON'T WANT HIM TO BE THEIR CHAIRMAN BROS THEY DO NOT SUPPORT HIS GOVERNORSHIP ASPIRATION BECAUSE THEY DO NOT WANT FO BE ASSOCIATED WITH IT.
THE DIFFRENCE HERE IS THAT THE FIVE REPS HAVE EXERCISED THEIR EEMOCRATIC RIGHT. BAM8DELE CAN STILL GO AHEAD TO VIE FOR THE GOVERNORSHIP IF HE IS CONVINCED OF HIS OWN POPULARITY. HIS PEERS IN THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY JUST WANTS TO DISTANCE THEIR CAUCUS FROM HIS ASPIRATION BECAUSE THEY DO NOT SUPPORT IT. PERI9D
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by Akpan107(m): 8:33pm On Jul 10, 2013
Afam4eva: You see what we keep talking about. A man is shouted upon and punished just because he feels he's qualified to contest for a political office and tomorrow, these ACN/APC people will tell us that they're progressives. I'm not surprised because ACN is a party that does not believe in democratic tenets. They'll rather impose candidates than allow candidates jostle for position.
it's very hard to understand you!! Today you support PDP tomorrow APC next tomorrow you support ACN... Witch one you dey nah?
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by otunba9ja: 8:37pm On Jul 10, 2013
Afam4eva:
I'm happy that people are beginning to see the hypocrisy that is ACN/APC. Like no one be deceived that they're any different from PDP.

Wonderful.....4 d first time Afam own up that PDP practises this mess......now i biliv say na satan be devil
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by Bondd: 8:43pm On Jul 10, 2013
bloggernaija: What is hypocritical about it .he can still contest for governorship if he wants just as amaechi,Jonathan has the right to do so.
His colleagues decided to remove him from the position on a caucas as well as lobby against him in Abuja.
It is left to him to proof his popularity.
Amaechi proved his popularity by winning the NGF elections
this is the most reetarded piece of shii I've seen here. How can this country develop with people as myopic as you are still breathing. Nigeria will go a long way without people like you. People like you will see the truth and still deny it.
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 10, 2013
I.diot he won the senatorial seat but the party told him to step down for ojudu! Ask yourself why he's still popular in the State even more than the governor all the way from ABUJA? Ask yourself! As for me and my crew na opeyemi bamidele be the next governor of Ekiti. Ekiti o ni baje o o!
M.O.B STRAIGHT! BIBIRE MOVEMENT!

Benez:

We don't need him. He is just too ambitious. The other time, he quarelled with Ojudu because of Senetorial seat that he did not win. He was then offered membership of house of Rep. He would have alloed Fayemi to finish d second term before showing interest in governorship which he can never win. He is a betrayal like Obanikoro. Do u hear anything abt Obanikoro again in d political field in Nigeria? People who fail to learn from history do easily become history. This guy was nobody b4 he was made a commissioner in Lagos State. He wants to bite the finger that fed him. Well, let him try his power like Mimiko.

1 Like

Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by bongila(f): 8:48pm On Jul 10, 2013
Hahahahahaha I just dey laugh! Progressives indeed! He who is without sin,cast the fast stone. The paid goons are out,defending the indefensible,aint that funny?
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by Olaone1: 8:59pm On Jul 10, 2013
ACN is the most undemocratic party on planet Earth.
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by confusion247(m): 9:30pm On Jul 10, 2013
dayokanu: Bamidele was elected leader of the caucus. And the same people who chose him now rejected him.

So whats wrong with it

Amaechi was elected by the people of Rivers State.

Amaechi was elected NGF chairman by 19 governors of Nigeria
And the same people doesn't want internal democracy, that's exactly what is wrong with that. So in ACN, caucus determines who becomes governor of a state instead of the masses?
shame on you
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by bejay1(m): 9:36pm On Jul 10, 2013
Geomac: I just hope that PDP will field good candidate in 2014.
Is there any good candidate in PDP? Rubbish!
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by confusion247(m): 9:38pm On Jul 10, 2013
software man:
EKITI HAS SIX REPS IN THE HOUSE OF WHICH BAMIDELE IS THE CHAIRMAN. THEY 'RE IDED THEY DON'T WANT HIM TO BE THEIR CHAIRMAN BROS THEY DO NOT SUPPORT HIS GOVERNORSHIP ASPIRATION BECAUSE THEY DO NOT WANT FO BE ASSOCIATED WITH IT.
THE DIFFRENCE HERE IS THAT THE FIVE REPS HAVE EXERCISED THEIR EEMOCRATIC RIGHT. BAM8DELE CAN STILL GO AHEAD TO VIE FOR THE GOVERNORSHIP IF HE IS CONVINCED OF HIS OWN POPULARITY. HIS PEERS IN THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY JUST WANTS TO DISTANCE THEIR CAUCUS FROM HIS ASPIRATION BECAUSE THEY DO NOT SUPPORT IT. PERI9D
Kindly read the post again and comment when you are sure you understand exactly what the post is saying.
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by confusion247(m): 9:49pm On Jul 10, 2013
bejay1: Is there any good candidate in PDP? Rubbish!
All ACN members are saints like Tinubu grin grin grin grin Nigerians are in for a long thing.
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by princewoles: 10:22pm On Jul 10, 2013
SLIDE waxie: there is no loyalty in any form of politics. This is ur govnr, yet we knw during ur campaign, u will like to point out the flaws of ur govnr. A situation where as part of his cabinet, u are expected to work with him and push the state forward!

But as thieves as they all are, the power and more money is their only driven force!

Jes as jonathan is killin amaechi for fear of him declaring his interest to run as president, like OBJ killed atiku and so on.

Politics is indeed a dirty game!
What is your point Oga, if Jonathan is killing Amaechi, OBJ killed Atiku and now what is Tinubu and Fayemi doing to Opeyemi Bamidele?. Bunch of hypocrite
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by ldpele(m): 10:32pm On Jul 10, 2013
xcuse me evr1!!! and sahara report are saying wat or wat is there version of the story? not 4getting the nation news paper,leadership n our greater accuser of pdp,liar mohammed
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by slimghost(m): 10:33pm On Jul 10, 2013
Hahahahahahaha. The level of hypocrisy displayed here is very very amusing! Kai, truly truly, Action Congress of Nigeria is a party of touts and hooligans!
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by Ovularia: 10:44pm On Jul 10, 2013
Tinubu expresses surprise over Opeyemi’s suspension from Ekiti Reps Caucus
Premium Times
Published: July 10,2013

Former Lagos governor, Bola Tinubu

The former Lagos governor demands reversal of the decision to suspend Opeyemi Bamidele.

The national leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, Bola Tunubu, has expressed surprise over the suspension of Opeyemi Bamidele from the party’s caucus in the House of Representatives; and called for the reversal of the action.

In a statement on Wednesday, Mr. Tinubu said though he has not received an official briefing on the purported suspension of the lawmaker over his plan to contest the 2014 governorship election in Ekiti State, the action of the caucus could truncate ongoing efforts at reconciliation over the ambition.

Mr. Opeyemi had, last week, reportedly declared his intention to go ahead with his plan to contest the governorship election even though Mr. Tinubu and other leaders of the party resolved to allow the incumbent, Kayode Fayemi, to run for another four-year term.

However, his insistence to enter the race angered his five colleagues in the Ekiti State House of Representatives Caucus, who suspended him from their fold.

Those who took the action are Robison Ajiboye, Bamidele Faparusi, Bimbo Daramola, Ifeoluwa Arowosoge, and Oyetunde Ojo.

Mr. Tinubu said, “It has been reported that members of the Ekiti State Caucus in the House of Representatives suspended Hon. Michael Opeyemi Bamidele, as their leader because of his alleged declaration to contest the governorship election next year.

“I have not seen an official word through the party machinery about this action. However, I feel compelled to speak to dispel rumor and false report from assuming the aspect of fact.

“The news of the purported removal of Opeyemi Bamidele came as a surprise. The decision of the members of the Ekiti House Caucus in this regard truncates ongoing efforts at reconciliation, notwithstanding the fact that the party leadership is working hard to reconcile all sides.

“What took some members of the leadership of the party to Ekiti State recently was a continuation of the process of appeal and reconciliation.

“The objective here is to first understand and iron out the issues that have resorted in a gulf between Opeyemi Bamidele and Governor Kayode Fayemi on one hand and the party towards building a formidable political house in Ekiti.”

The former Lagos State Governor, under whom Mr. Opeyemi served as a commissioner, said he does not believe that the caucus members could take such step, adding “I trust their democratic pedigree to highly believe that they would not be used to take this false step which would violate established party rules, processes and traditions.”

He stressed that if the National Chairman of the Party, Bisi Akande, was not informed about the plan to suspend Mr. Opeyemi, those who did it should retrace their steps to forestall unnecessary difficulty for themselves and the Ekiti State chapter of the party.

“For instance, decisions of this critical nature must be done with the consultation of the national leadership of the party. From what I can gather, our National Chairman and the party’s leadership were never consulted or notified about the pendency of such a stark action,” he said.

“For that reason alone, if such an action has been taken, those who did so should retrace their steps to avoid creating an unnecessary difficulty for themselves and the Ekiti chapter of the party.

“Beyond the issue of procedure and rules, there is the tiny matter of internal party democracy to consider. I have said before, any party member has a right to contest the governorship of Ekiti or any other state. Any other person, including Opeyemi Bamidele, has the right to.

“This right is so fundamental to internal democracy that I do not believe he should be sanctioned at this point where the most he has done is to make unofficial statements about contesting. Our party cannot join the club of other parties that punish members for expressing interests in an office.

Mr. Tinubu argued that while Mr. Opeyemi may not be popular among his lawmaker colleagues, he has a right to his beliefs.

“We must protect and smother unpopular and minority positions. If we don’t like it, we vote against it at the appropriate time but we do not punish people simply for thinking differently, this is how we must grow our democracy.”

“Thus, Opeyemi Bamidele was expressing his democratic rights. To unilaterally suspend him as leader of the House Caucus is a questionable one they should reconsider.

“It would appear to contravene the letter and best spirit of party democracy. While we have no problem in him pursuing his democratic ambition without intimidation and persecution, we will continue our efforts at persuading him not to rock the boat and play into the hands of our opponent particularly the PDP shenanigans.

“Political conflict, challenges and resolutions are the hallmarks of political association and leadership. Orderly means of all efforts at democratically resolving those conflicts are not endless in any way,” he said.

The ACN National Leader urged the members of the caucus to reverse themselves and embrace the process of amicable resolution already put in place by the party.

“To do otherwise is to give comfort to those who would seek to divide the Ekiti State chapter of the Action Congress of Nigeria,” Mr. Tinubu said.

“We appeal to those promoting these divisions to sheathe their swords in the interest of the party and its ardent followers. We cannot forget so soon the struggle and what it cost us to get to where we are today. We owe it to the Ekiti people and all democrats in the country to sustain and protect this hard won democracy.

“All true progressives must rise up in defence of individual freedom and promotion of democratic values. We shall overcome for the good of all,” he added.

http://premiumtimesng.com/regional/140690-tinubu-expresses-surprise-over-opeyemis-suspension-from-ekiti-reps-caucus.html
Re: ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition by dayokanu(m): 10:58pm On Jul 10, 2013
confusion247:
And the same people doesn't want internal democracy, that's exactly what is wrong with that. So in ACN, caucus determines who becomes governor of a state instead of the masses?
shame on you

The ACN party leadership does not decide who becomes governor, they only determines who becomes the flagbearer of the ACN

And you still havent shown us the similarity between this and Amaechi or where the hypocrisy is?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Breaking: again Court grants Dasuki Bail / Governor's Aides, Ebonyi Council Chairman, Lawmaker, Others Arrested / Fuel Scarcity: Depots Dry Up, Nigerians Face Bleak Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.