Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,036 members, 7,810,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread (17472 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by Wizyoung(m): 8:20am On Jan 04, 2014
indigold2010:

Without
ok. Thnx. I'm flashing it soon
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by jonsin(m): 9:06am On Jan 04, 2014
Wizyoung:
Step 1: I downloaded my htcquickroot1.1.13 by google searching it. If i post download link, it may be broken. Now after downloading to ur computer, open it using winzip or winrar or any windows tool becos the app is a .zip file. Within the .zip file, u will find the following-
-ADB folder,
-Folder named 'tools'
-HTC Quick Root.exe
Click on the htcquickroot.exe .When it opens without u connecting ur phone it should tell you that no phone is found/connected.
Step2: Pick up your phone and goto settings>application>development>enable usb debugging. Also go to settings>power>turn off fast boot by unchecking the box.
Step 3: Connect ur phone via usb cable to ur pc and run the programme (i.e htc quickroot). It should nw have ur phone in the information box.
Step 4: U will find some options on the window. One has two choices *unsecure boot.img *universal exploit. Select universal exploit and click on root device. Wait for it to perform the rest. If done, ur phone will restart.
There u're rooted. Don't bother urself, the app will automatically instal superSU and busybox on ur phone. Voila! Enjoy root privilege.
If u've downloaded the htcquickroot and u're still confused, do nt hesitate to ask me questions. The method is the easiest and u don't run the risk of bricking ur phone.

Thanks man, you're the best.
cause other processes I've gone through are too cumbersome, thanks again

1 Like

Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by jonsin(m): 9:14am On Jan 04, 2014
indigold2010:

Viper rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1998412

Please what are the steps in flashing the rom on my phone?
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by Wizyoung(m): 9:44am On Jan 04, 2014
jonsin:

Please what are the steps in flashing the rom on my phone?
Before using custom rom, u must answer the following questions:
-are u rooted?
-do u have clockworkmod(cwm) installed or other custom recovery?
- have u done nandroid backup?
Then if all answers are positive. U must av a reason for using custom rom, otherwise it's nt for u.
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by jonsin(m): 10:22am On Jan 04, 2014
Wizyoung:
Before using custom rom, u must answer the following questions:
-are u rooted?
-do u have clockworkmod(cwm) installed or other custom recovery?
- have u done nandroid backup?
Then if all answers are positive. U must av a reason for using custom rom, otherwise it's nt for u.

In about to root my device (thanks to indigold2012) but how do I accomplish the rest?
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by Wizyoung(m): 11:06am On Jan 04, 2014
jonsin:

In about to root my device (thanks to indigold2012) but how do I accomplish the rest?
Then finish root before moving to custom rom installation.
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by Wizyoung(m): 11:07am On Jan 04, 2014
jonsin:

Which rooting method do u use?
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by jonsin(m): 11:25am On Jan 04, 2014
Wizyoung:
Which rooting method do u use?

HTCquickroot

1 Like

Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by lilkudos(m): 2:57pm On Jan 04, 2014
Menh! The two roms I downloaded and flashed are wark!!! The venom rom refused to boot after flashing and jellybelly can't record A̶̲̥̅̊ video ..... Any other option?
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by Wizyoung(m): 4:13pm On Jan 04, 2014
lilkudos: Menh! The two roms I downloaded and flashed are wark!!! The venom rom refused to boot after flashing and jellybelly can't record A̶̲̥̅̊ video ..... Any other option?
Funny enough, my phone froze 1st boot after installing darkjellybelly. I'm going bk to slimbean 4.2.2. I will flash in a better kernel to solve the headset heating. There is even the kitkat version( android 4.4.2) of slimrom called slimkat but that one contains a single bug i.e greenline on every snapped pic using stock camera. I've learnt to live with the periodic flashing of the screen...lol...
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by Wizyoung(m): 4:22pm On Jan 04, 2014
PACman rom is also an intending butter for htc glacier. Got that rom from xda forum. But i'm nt gonna try any except the slimbean4.2.2 not even the slimkat or the 4.3.2 would move me. Thnx to airtel bb sup. ROMs have consumed my mb o.
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by lilkudos(m): 4:37pm On Jan 04, 2014
Wizyoung:
Funny enough, my phone froze 1st boot after installing darkjellybelly. I'm going bk to slimbean 4.2.2. I will flash in a better kernel to solve the headset heating. There is even the kitkat version( android 4.4.2) of slimrom called slimkat but that one contains a single bug i.e greenline on every snapped pic using stock camera. I've learnt to live with the periodic flashing of the screen...lol...
It was all A̶̲̥̅̊ mistake buying this phone @the first place
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by lilkudos(m): 5:14pm On Jan 04, 2014
Wizyoung: PACman rom is also an intending butter for htc glacier. Got that rom from xda forum. But i'm nt gonna try any except the slimbean4.2.2 not even the slimkat or the 4.3.2 would move me. Thnx to airtel bb sup. ROMs have consumed my mb o.
Please send me the link to download slimbean 4.2.2 from..
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by indigold2010(m): 8:25pm On Jan 04, 2014
Am currently working on something that will root this phone in 4 easy steps. I will test whenever it is brought to my shop, cos I currently don't have the phone.
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by MrAbey: 8:59pm On Jan 04, 2014
Get ur glo unlimited sim configuration whatsapp me on
08132653881.Amazing speed on adroids n system
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by jonsin(m): 9:06pm On Jan 04, 2014
indigold2010: Am currently working on something that will root this phone in 4 easy steps. I will test whenever it is brought to my shop, cos I currently don't have the phone.

I will be patiently waiting
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by Wizyoung(m): 5:04pm On Jan 05, 2014
lilkudos:
Please send me the link to download slimbean 4.2.2 from..
i jx flashed the slimbean but the rom is a battery sucker.
Goodnews to me though. I finally got a very stable rom based on ics(4.0.2).Currently using it as my daily driver because no bug has bn discovered in my part. The fact is that the dev.at xda forum made this knwn that it is a final release of d rom tweaked to perfection. This i found really true after flashing it yesterday.
It's called STEPP AOSPX ICS ROM. I downloaded mine 4rm xdaforum by google searching HTC GLACIER STEPP ICS AOSPX ROM.
Try it and i cn assure. For me, that is the last rom i will flash on this phone.
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by indigold2010(m): 5:14pm On Jan 05, 2014
All this issue about roms for the HTC glacier marvels me. Did any of u try the dark jelly bean I suggested.? I have flashed this rom for more than 50 people and non of them has ever returned with any issue. So what are u guys doing. Did any of u flash it? And what issues did u get? I really wanna know
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by lilkudos(m): 6:29pm On Jan 05, 2014
indigold2010: All this issue about roms for the HTC glacier marvels me. Did any of u try the dark jelly bean I suggested.? I have flashed this rom for more than 50 people and non of them has ever returned with any issue. So what are u guys doing. Did any of u flash it? And what issues did u get? I really wanna know
I did.. Few bugs There's this thin green or ink line that shows on every pix you snap and the camcorder doesn't work plus few other bugs

1 Like

Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by lilkudos(m): 6:32pm On Jan 05, 2014
Wizyoung:
i jx flashed the slimbean but the rom is a battery sucker.
Goodnews to me though. I finally got a very stable rom based on ics(4.0.2).Currently using it as my daily driver because no bug has bn discovered in my part. The fact is that the dev.at xda forum made this knwn that it is a final release of d rom tweaked to perfection. This i found really true after flashing it yesterday.
It's called STEPP AOSPX ICS ROM. I downloaded mine 4rm xdaforum by google searching HTC GLACIER STEPP ICS AOSPX ROM.
Try it and i cn assure. For me, that is the last rom i will flash on this phone.
Aiit bro lemmme download and check it this night.. Hope its also the last rom I'll flash cause my account is red... Subs don suck me dry
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by Wizyoung(m): 6:45pm On Jan 05, 2014
lilkudos:
Aiit bro lemmme download and check it this night.. Hope its also the last rom I'll flash cause my account is red... Subs don suck me dry
lol. Funny u. Jx make sure u do a clean flash by formating/factory reset.wipe dalvik cache and cache partition to ensure no bootloop. I'm currently enjoying mine. Bbm runs flawlessly. Battery life is superb. A lot of cpu governor tweaking frm the box and a jellybean feel.
Surprisingly, after signing in with my google account, i got a message on my gmail frm android team telling me that i received the message because i recently setup my galaxy nexus. That's incredible at first sight lol. Cul rom!
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by Wizyoung(m): 6:55pm On Jan 05, 2014
indigold2010: All this issue about roms for the HTC glacier marvels me. Did any of u try the dark jelly bean I suggested.? I have flashed this rom for more than 50 people and non of them has ever returned with any issue. So what are u guys doing. Did any of u flash it? And what issues did u get? I really wanna know
Thnx bro for ur valuable contribution. From what i see partaining to flashing custom rom on same device, it seems like there are little hardware variations among myt4ges. Not sure though. In my part, the rom would nt boot past the splash screen. A freeze! No response after several mins of staring at the screen. Later pulled battery out. I culd've ended up bricking my phone due to my negligence to battery power. Power was at 20% when i flashed the current rom i'm using nw. Risky u say? That's risky really. But i'm glad i didn't becos i was angry at myself for nt being able to get somthin done after wasting abou 200+mb on airtel. Lol
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by Wizyoung(m): 6:56pm On Jan 05, 2014
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by indigold2010(m): 9:31pm On Jan 05, 2014
Wizyoung:
Thnx bro for ur valuable contribution. From what i see partaining to flashing custom rom on same device, it seems like there are little hardware variations among myt4ges. Not sure though. In my part, the rom would nt boot past the splash screen. A freeze! No response after several mins of staring at the screen. Later pulled battery out. I culd've ended up bricking my phone due to my negligence to battery power. Power was at 20% when i flashed the current rom i'm using nw. Risky u say? That's risky really. But i'm glad i didn't becos i was angry at myself for nt being able to get somthin done after wasting abou 200+mb on airtel. Lol

I doubt if there are variations in hardware. Cos I have flashed that rom many times. Download the rom and make the right selection in aroma. After it has installed, uncheck box, then clear cache and delvik. And hope u using 4ext recovery?
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by FKO1(m): 12:17am On Jan 06, 2014
indigold2010:

I doubt if there are variations in hardware. Cos I have flashed that rom many times. Download the rom and make the right selection in aroma. After it has installed, uncheck box, then clear cache and delvik. And hope u using 4ext recovery?
U MEAN DARK RESURRECTION ROM BY AWESOME ABI ? THAT ROM GOT FEATURES DIE BUT IT HAS SMALL SMALL BUGS,ESPECIALLY WITH TITANIUM BACKUP
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by hlord: 2:49am On Jan 06, 2014
F.K.O:
PLEASE ONLY DO D FOLLOWING PROCESS IF U R ALREADY ROOTED.

DOWNLOAD SLIM BEAN ROM
http://d-h.st/Yoc

DOWNLOAD GAPPS
www.slimroms.net/jdownloads/slimdownload/JellyBean/Addons/AIO_Addons.4.2.2.build.7.x.zip

AFTER DOWNLOADING D ROM AND GAPPS, PUT THEM AT THE ROOT OF UR MCARD (IT SHOULD NOT BE IN ANY FOLDER).

NOW OPEN ROM MANAGER CLICK ON REBOOT TO RECOVERY MODE.UR FONE WILL AUTOMATICALLY SWITCH OFF AND BOOT IN TO
RECOVERY MENU.

NOW SELECT WIPE DATA;FACTORY RESET(USE VOLUME KEYS TO NAVIGATE UP N DOWN AND TRACKPAD KEY TO SELECT) SCROLL TO YES AND SELECT IT ,UR. PHONE WILL RESET .

NOW SELECT WIPE CACHE PARTITION,SCROLL TO YES AND SELECT IT.

AFTER DAT SCROLL TO ADVANCE,>WIPE DALVIC CACHE AND SELECT IT, SCROLL TO YES AGAIN N SELECT IT.

SCROLL TO AND SELECT GO BACK TO GO BACK TO RECOVERY MENU.NOW SCROLL TO N SSELECT INSTALL ZIP FROM MCARD > CHOOSE ZIP ,UR MCARD CONTENTS WILL NOW BE DISPLAYED, SELECT THE ROM (MAKE SURE THEY'RE NOT IN ANY FOLDERS OO) THEN SELECT YES TO FLASH IT. WAIT TILL ITS DONE THEN REPEAT D PROCESS WITH D GAPPS.

WHEN ITS DONE FLASHING REBOOT YA PHONE AND DATS ALL..SIMPLE

Pls the link u gave was not going through for the gapps wat I was only able to download from the site is AIO_Addons.4.2.2.build.8.x.zip .... Please can I use it.... Please help!
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by FKO1(m): 7:09am On Jan 06, 2014
hlord:

Pls the link u gave was not going through for the gapps wat I was only able to download from the site is AIO_Addons.4.2.2.build.8.x.zip .... Please can I use it.... Please help!
D LINK HAS REMOVED..ANY WAY JUST FOLLOW D INSTRUCTIONS HERE http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2311663
TO FLASH 4.3 SLIM BEAN ROM
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by Wizyoung(m): 10:53am On Jan 06, 2014
indigold2010:

When it comes to flashing, i think i knw the basics. What is...and... What's not. I did virtually everythng needed bt it jx don't make any difference frm a bootloop. Thnx. Currently runing stepp ics aospx rom. Most stable rom ever for mt4g
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 07, 2014
YOU GUYS SUPPOSE TO KNOW THAT SOME OF THESE PHONE CHIPS ARE NT THESAME THOUGH THEY ARE MADE IN SAME FACTORY...BUT WHAT I HAVE FOUND OUT IS THAT WHEN YOU ARE FLASHING A ROM FOR THE FIRST TIME AND U WIPE THE SYSTEM IN CMW , YOU WILL GET A 5O/50 LUCK THAT UPGRADED FIRMWARE WILL NOT WORK IN SUCH PHONE,I HAVE TRIED AND SEEN
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by indigold2010(m): 2:29am On Jan 08, 2014
EMMAUGOH: YOU GUYS SUPPOSE TO KNOW THAT SOME OF THESE PHONE CHIPS ARE NT THESAME THOUGH THEY ARE MADE IN SAME FACTORY...BUT WHAT I HAVE FOUND OUT IS THAT WHEN YOU ARE FLASHING A ROM FOR THE FIRST TIME AND U WIPE THE SYSTEM IN CMW , YOU WILL GET A 5O/50 LUCK THAT UPGRADED FIRMWARE WILL NOT WORK IN SUCH PHONE,I HAVE TRIED AND SEEN

What are u saying. All u need is the right recovery as stated by rom developer
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by lilkudos(m): 7:36am On Jan 08, 2014
Guys finally I made it.. The perfect rom .. The rom is based on jellybean 4.3.0 .. It's α̣̣̥ slimbean rom ... Battery life superb.. Many customizable features .. Great camera quality.. Video awesome .. Haven't discovered any bugs yet
Re: HTC Mytouch 4g Discussion Thread by engineerboat(m): 10:18am On Jan 08, 2014
Wizyoung:
Step 1: I downloaded my htcquickroot1.1.13 by google searching it. If i post download link, it may be broken. Now after downloading to ur computer, open it using winzip or winrar or any windows tool becos the app is a .zip file. Within the .zip file, u will find the following-
-ADB folder,
-Folder named 'tools'
-HTC Quick Root.exe
Click on the htcquickroot.exe .When it opens without u connecting ur phone it should tell you that no phone is found/connected.
Step2: Pick up your phone and goto settings>application>development>enable usb debugging. Also go to settings>power>turn off fast boot by unchecking the box.
Step 3: Connect ur phone via usb cable to ur pc and run the programme (i.e htc quickroot). It should nw have ur phone in the information box.
Step 4: U will find some options on the window. One has two choices *unsecure boot.img *universal exploit. Select universal exploit and click on root device. Wait for it to perform the rest. If done, ur phone will restart.
There u're rooted. Don't bother urself, the app will automatically instal superSU and busybox on ur phone. Voila! Enjoy root privilege.
If u've downloaded the htcquickroot and u're still confused, do nt hesitate to ask me questions. The method is the easiest and u don't run the risk of bricking ur phone.

i've run the HTC quick root,
But it get to the point of preparing to flash 'HBOOT' Image, then it request to input the boot.img file from the system.
, please where do i get this as i cannot find any on my system.

Your reply will be highly need urgently please

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Your Calls May Soon Be Monitored- NCC / TECNO Granted A Fan Request By Showing Love To An Orphanage Home On Valentine's / Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.