Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. (17731 Views)

Massive Protest Ongoing In Yenagoa By The APC / Buhari Worships At Imo State House Chapel (PHOTOS) / Chaos At The Rivers Assembly - Day Two (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Billionaires: 10:08am On Jul 10, 2013
Lawalkay: I watched the suppose new speaker on tv addressing the press yesterday. I cry for my country where five pass twenty five. Where sixteen is greater than nineteen. Please God save this nation from pdp as you deliver israelite from pharaoh and forget not that our prayer on Abacha was answered bty you. Let every eyes that see this post say Amen.

That is what happens when a Governor can not manage his own state, he stubbornly disobeyed the PDP leadership in his state and was suspended alongside some state house of assembly members. So, apparently, PDP can not help him with this. He can no longer manage his own state but he is thinking about managing Abuja. This is just a prove that pride goes before a fall. I can assure you, that since PDP suspended the other members, those 5 can legitimately impeach the government, cos I am very sure that the impeachment must have been communicated to the State chapter of PDP before it was authorized and the court will always respect the decision of the PDP State Chapter. Amaechi needs to kneel down and beg, cos he made so many strategic enemies, from his own cousin he uprooted to his former allies. Pride goes, fall comes! Hahahahahahaha

2 Likes

Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by RedReact: 10:11am On Jul 10, 2013
Dear compatriots, can this generation of Nigerian youths ever get back their thinking cap?
HoA was tumultous yesterday, with a show of shame; instead of those nonentity youths to protest and call for the removal of all their lawmakers and shut that HoA cos of the disgrace they have brought, not only to the state but the nation, they are busy routing support for corrupt peope in power. It is like Nigeria will not get it right until we get bck to our senses.

4 Likes

Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by ssii: 10:17am On Jul 10, 2013
Billionaires:

That is what happens when a Governor can not manage his own state, he stubbornly disobeyed the PDP leadership in his state and was suspended alongside some state house of assembly members. So, apparently, PDP can not help him with this. He can no longer manage his own state but he is thinking about managing Abuja. This is just a prove that pride goes before a fall. I can assure you, that since PDP suspended the other members, those 5 can legitimately impeach the government, cos I am very sure that the impeachment must have been communicated to the State chapter of PDP before it was authorized and the court will always respect the decision of the PDP State Chapter. Ama
echi needs to kneel down and beg, cos h

e made so many strategic enemies, from his own cousin he uprooted to his former allies.

Pride goes, fall comes! Hahahahahahaha
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by juman(m): 10:18am On Jul 10, 2013
Why federal government is causing problem in Rivers State?
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Omen100(m): 10:19am On Jul 10, 2013
Billionaires:

That is what happens when a Governor can not manage his own state, he stubbornly disobeyed the PDP leadership in his state and was suspended alongside some state house of assembly members. So, apparently, PDP can not help him with this. He can no longer manage his own state but he is thinking about managing Abuja. This is just a prove that pride goes before a fall. I can assure you, that since PDP suspended the other members, those 5 can legitimately impeach the government, cos I am very sure that the impeachment must have been communicated to the State chapter of PDP before it was authorized and the court will always respect the decision of the PDP State Chapter. Amaechi needs to kneel down and beg, cos he made so many strategic enemies, from his own cousin he uprooted to his former allies. Pride goes, fall comes! Hahahahahahaha

Behave your old age this morning, you dey hear me so old fo0l
?

3 Likes

Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 10, 2013
ojubi: Pls if you don't have any important thing to do around Town in PHC, keep off from there 4 now, there was a shoot out some mins ago @ Lagos Bus stop, yet to knw d reason 4 d shooting. Thank you.

I live in Town, there's no shooting.
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by abes(m): 10:21am On Jul 10, 2013
Billionaires:

An elected official is different from an appointed official. The Governor and the Lawmakers are ELECTED officials, they all still remain elected officials even if they are suspended by their party. Show me the Nigerian constitution to prove otherwise.

5 Likes

Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by ichidodo: 10:26am On Jul 10, 2013
Blood will have to be shed for this crisis to simmer down, Whose blood is it going to be? Who will be sacrificed for peace to return to the Garden City?? Is it you?
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 10, 2013
Why are unemploy Rivers youth protesting 4 those thiefs dat have eaten up dia money. If i were them i wud help and raze down dat assembly and government house. The govt have fail them their leaders have fail dem. They shud gather together and fight againts those criminal politicians. Not to help other faction and fight. My fellow Rivers Youth Wake up nw.
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 10, 2013
Lawalkay: I watched the suppose new speaker on tv addressing the press yesterday. I cry for my country where five pass twenty five. Where sixteen is greater than nineteen. Please God save this nation from pdp as you deliver israelite from pharaoh and forget not that our prayer on Abacha was answered bty you. Let every eyes that see this post say Amen.

Nigeria's Problem is not PDP, it is individual selfishness and greediness that abound in every politician. Did PDP ask Amaechi and co to break someones head?
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by chocopearl(f): 10:39am On Jul 10, 2013
I dnt blame them, after their show of shame their salary will eventually get to them.
Steuwpid bunch of lawmakers
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by PDPvsAPC: 10:40am On Jul 10, 2013
Robbers will soon take advantage of the situation and start looting. Residents pls be very watchful and vigilant..
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by fkaz(m): 10:42am On Jul 10, 2013
Billionaires:

@bold make you sound like a retard, Where is this mumu*ishhh coming from? Who is the party leader of the state? When did wike become the leader in the stat Instead of amaech?i Think b4 you spew rubbish online

2 Likes

Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by mankand(m): 10:44am On Jul 10, 2013
Bunch of fools who have been paid to stage a protest for some greedy goats.

When you refuse to follow your conscience you should always expect this. I do not care or pity them if they are been shot, I only pity their parents, their paymaster have their children all studying in the best universities abroad while they keep these goats idle and ready for protest with ASUU strike.

I wonder what is becoming our youths, nigeria is now turning into a jungle.
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Billionaires: 10:45am On Jul 10, 2013
abes:

An elected official is different from an appointed official. The Governor and the Lawmakers are ELECTED officials, they all still remain elected officials even if they are suspended by their party. Show me the Nigerian constitution to prove otherwise.
Ofcourse, they were elected under PDP, and PDP has 'suspended' them from the Party, they are no more functioning in PDP, no more functioning as representatives of the PDP and the People. PDP can even 'maneuver' their wards to withdraw them. Amaechi is losing it.

2 Likes

Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by passionup: 10:49am On Jul 10, 2013
How can people comment that a party suspending a legislator means he is suspended from the house. People should comment with an element of intelligence. A legislator can only be suspended by a legitimately convened ghouse and it stand. What baffles me in the madness at the Rivers house of assembly is that they have forgotten that tomorrow exist. Anit Ameachi legislators cannot even form a quorum not to talk about impeaching a speaker so i wonder what they are trying to achieve.They shd go and bid, restrategise and see whether they can induce more members to their fold. Ameachi isnt a small man in Rivers state and it will take more to get him out. The Ogun state house debacle is playing it self out as the house would not meet again due to this crisis and the legislators will be the losers.Lets watch how it plays out

2 Likes

Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Billionaires: 10:49am On Jul 10, 2013
fkaz:

@bold make you sound like a retard, Where is this mumu*ishhh coming from? Who is the party leader of the state? When did wike become the leader in the stat Instead of amaech?i Think b4 you spew rubbish online

You allow emotion to take away your power of reading and reasoning. Go back and read my post before responding to Billyonaire. I stated that Amaaechi disobeyed PDP leadership of his state. Thanks for exposing your emotional imbalance to the world, now your friends on Nairaland know you have a personality disorder.
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by ldpele(m): 10:50am On Jul 10, 2013
Deploy army immediately and ameachi and cohort will still tell u that the army has taking sides. He sponsor most of this cheap propaganda

1 Like

Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by luggy(m): 10:51am On Jul 10, 2013
May be all the investors, should relocated to Aba or Owerri. Ware there is pease.
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by passionup: 10:51am On Jul 10, 2013
Billionaires:

[quote author=fkaz]

Am sure u are not versed with the facts of this situation. Commenting sentimentally isnt good. you may sway some people with this ur illogical comment. Get information about this issue before you comment.
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Billionaires: 10:52am On Jul 10, 2013
Omen100:

Behave your old age this morning, you dey hear me so old fo0l
?

I am already used to these kinds of character, most of you think that Politics is a game of emotions, beware, you might get stroke. Emotion is an asset at the Romance Section, but this is politics section. Back-off little mind.

1 Like

Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by fkaz(m): 10:54am On Jul 10, 2013
Billionaires: State of Emergency should be imposed on Rivers State and Amaechi sacked immediately.

The military should take over for the sake of peace while EFCC investigates Amaechi and Representatives, all of them.

This bad belle go wound you
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Billionaires: 10:57am On Jul 10, 2013
Am sure u are not versed with the facts of this situation. Commenting sentimentally isnt good. you may sway some people with this ur illogical comment. Get information about this issue before you comment.
passionup:

I have zero time for sentiments, Amaechi's Jurisdiction is Rivers State. Not NGF, not Abuja . By allowing himself too much time with the NGF affairs and his hatred for his President, he had too much to carry and was distracted from his primary assignment. Tell me, is it the job of a governor to proceed to State Assembly to quell a fracas. No, its not.

The fact remains that Rivers State is in fracas, because Amaechi chose a war he can not win. He, needs to read the '48 Laws of Power' and ' Mafia Manager'. I doubt if Amaechi is 'properly' educated.

2 Likes

Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Abagworo(m): 10:57am On Jul 10, 2013
Like I predicted yesterday, the 1st shots will soon be fired. Bipi or whatever shouting aro mates! and exposing his membership of vikings confraternity as well as ordering policemen to shoot Amaechi cannot go free.
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Abagworo(m): 11:00am On Jul 10, 2013
Billionaires:

I have zero time for sentiments, Amaechi's Jurisdiction is Rivers State. Not NGF, not Abuja . By allowing himself too much time with the NGF affairs and his hatred for his President, he had too much to carry and was distracted from his primary assignment. Tell me, is it the job of a governor to proceed to State Assembly to quell a fracas. No, its not.

The fact remains that Rivers State is in fracas, because Amaechi chose a war he can not win. He, needs to read the '48 Laws of Power' and ' Mafia Manager'. I doubt if Amaechi is 'properly' educated.

Keep dreaming. Are you aware that there are people far more powerful than Jonathan in Nigeria and the world? Do you know if Obama is backing Amaechi? This could be the begining of the end of Nigeria's democracy.
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Tootome: 11:01am On Jul 10, 2013
Uncle Jona na like this u want take finish Amechi, God no go gree for u ooo
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Tootome: 11:08am On Jul 10, 2013
fkaz:

This bad belle go wound you
[color=#990000][/color]

You don't sound like u have a plain mind
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by dBard: 11:13am On Jul 10, 2013
brito:

I live in Town, there's no shooting.

Dude u sure cos I havent bin able t go t work at GRA wit al d repirts of shootings n unrest we b hearing..
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by dBard: 11:16am On Jul 10, 2013
Abagworo:

Keep dreaming. Are you aware that there are people far more powerful than Jonathan in Nigeria and the world? Do you know if Obama is backing Amaechi? This could be the begining of the end of Nigeria's democracy.

True dat. Obama just called in threatening t send in a special squad if Amaechi is not left alone.
Just heard it on d news.. truth cool
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by TechRev: 11:16am On Jul 10, 2013
Abagworo:

Lol Hilarious!! Obama was backing Morsi of Egypt now Obama says he is neutral. Lol.
Nigerians eehhhh??
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by 1shortblackboy: 11:19am On Jul 10, 2013
no be small katakata for PH today o. the police blocked abel Jumbo street and moscow road i couldn't get to the high court nearby. i witnessed the police releasing teargas people were running everywhere. a man who obviously had problem breathing due to the teargas was almost fainting. he managed to get into his car but couldn't drive. he was passing out on the steering. my colleagues had to go and him drive his car. i also witnessed police shooting at some youths in a bus but they managed to escape
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Billionaires: 11:22am On Jul 10, 2013
Abagworo:

No, Jonathan is the most powerful and most important person in Nigeria now, He is the Number One Citizen! Amaechi is just one of the 36 state governors, a recalcitrant one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bandits Attack 5 Kaduna LGAs, Kill Several Residents / PVC: Governor Matawalle Declares 1-Week Public Holiday In Zamfara / Kidnapped Iyabo Anisulowo Regains Freedom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.