Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,022 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. (17733 Views)

Massive Protest Ongoing In Yenagoa By The APC / Buhari Worships At Imo State House Chapel (PHOTOS) / Chaos At The Rivers Assembly - Day Two (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 10, 2013
I'm in ph now, and I'm telling u its like a warzone around house of assembly, gunshot everywhere, military personels and tight security I'm hearing rumors that some ppl might have been hit, but not confirmed yet! I advise ppl to stay away «4»rm there until the situation is contained!
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Desric(m): 11:25am On Jul 10, 2013
I am not surprised at all, by the way if people like you are not properly educated, I don't see Nigeria making any progress because its only people like you that can be used for such ignorant, senseless, selfish protests.
I weep for our country if such myopic naïve persons like you are not educated. Like they say, "A child miseducated is a child lost" but not only a child lost but as we can see, its a Nation lost because before long, such miseducated child will grow to become a nuisance to the society and if care is not taken, might hijack the processes and good intentions of the people as Violence tends to pay more faster and quickly in an unjust society.
let's be wise Naija Youths and do the right things now to save our future and that of our unborn generations, two wrongs they say can never make a right, let's shun violence,crime, illegality, hypocrisy, nepotism, and sentimental judgements. Rather, let us embrace peace, unity, patriotism, sound judgement and tolerance. Nigeria belongs to all of us not just the leaders or the President as such everybody's right should be guaranteed and the rule of law practised at every circumstances no matter whose arms it will break.
May God help us.
Billionaires: State of Emergency should be imposed on Rivers State and Amaechi sacked immediately.

The military should take over for the sake of peace while EFCC investigates Amaechi and Representatives, all of them.
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Billionaires: 11:25am On Jul 10, 2013
fkaz:

This bad belle go wound you
Bad belle for what naw ? Am not from Rivers State but my relatives are there and I am concerned that the Governor of Rivers State is not doing enough to maintain peace in that state. Instead he is busy factionalizing every state apparatus and wedging wars that he can not win. I need Amaechi to withdraw from the NGF and apologize to the persons he has hurt, then sit back and manage his state, cos I need my siblings to feel safe in that once great state.
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 10, 2013
Billionaires: Bad belle for what naw ? Am not from Rivers State but my relatives are there and I am concerned that the Governor of Rivers State is not doing enough to maintain peace in that state. Instead he is busy factionalizing every state apparatus and wedging wars that he can not win. I need Amaechi to withdraw from the NGF and apologize to the persons he has hurt, then sit back and manage his state, cos I need my siblings to feel safe in that once great state.

How can a governor that went with his thugs to fight and desecrate the symbol of Authority have anything to do with Peace? Amaechi will for sure regret the actions he took yesterday, he has murdered his political career.

2 Likes

Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 10, 2013
I ponder when people make unguarded statements of the political imbroglio prevailing in Rivers state. One doesn't need to be a student of political science to fully grasp the diatribe of political manoeuvring as currently bedevilled the oil rich state.

The political instability in Rivers state is occasioned by 'interest' as Gov. Amaechi arrogantly has refuse to run an all inclusive government. He usurp a political process by seeking redress in the court of law which eventually enthroned him as the sitting governor of the state. Rubbishing a process for personal gain is tantamount to calling bluff millions of credible voters that gave their franchise right to EX governor Omehia he dethrone. Omehia was a man the rivers people wanted and unanimously endorsed both by the common man and elites of the state.

This impasse taking place is not about Jonathan versus Amaechi as people are won't to speculate. No far from it. It is a fight between Amaechi and the Rivers elite. Amaechi is just heaping his frustration on the presidency because the presidency is sympathetic to their agitation just for him to garner emotional support.

Peter odili, Ex governor
Rufus Ada-George, Ex Governor
Celestine Omehia, Ex governor
Austin Opara, Ex national deputy rep speaker
Chibudom nwuche, Ex national deputy Rep speaker
Nyesom wike, minister
Sergeant Awuse, grassroot politician/bulldozer.
Uche secondus, PDP leader

Did Jonathan singularly recruit all this Rivers leaders with their conscience to fight Amaechi? IMPOSSIBLE!!!
Something is wrong with Amaechi.

2 Likes

Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by iykofias(m): 11:36am On Jul 10, 2013
Please anyone going through moscow road should find alternative route cos there is a heavy gun battle going on right now @ the Rivers state house of assembly complex. Pls broadcast
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by dremoney(m): 11:41am On Jul 10, 2013
Billionaires:

That is what happens when a Governor can not manage his own state, he stubbornly disobeyed the PDP leadership in his state and was suspended alongside some state house of assembly members. So, apparently, PDP can not help him with this. He can no longer manage his own state but he is thinking about managing Abuja. This is just a prove that pride goes before a fall. I can assure you, that since PDP suspended the other members, those 5 can legitimately impeach the government, cos I am very sure that the impeachment must have been communicated to the State chapter of PDP before it was authorized and the court will always respect the decision of the PDP State Chapter. Amaechi needs to kneel down and beg, cos he made so many strategic enemies, from his own cousin he uprooted to his former allies. Pride goes, fall comes! Hahahahahahaha

I am 99.9% positive you are a politician. You will gun down Amaechi at close range if possible. The hatred is obvious.

However, let sentiment take a back seat. Take a chill pill and relax the andrenalin pumping out of your empty brain before you expose your stupidity any further.

Questions are:

Is Amaechi responsible for only PDP or every citizen in Rivers State.

Does PDP interest superced state interest?

Is Amaechi right or wrong to be ambitious?

Is 16 greater than 19? Btw, what's PDP's interest in NGF?

How does PDP suspending members deprive them of their status as assembly members? They have not been expelled. Olodo

Is it right for 5 members to commence impeachment proceeding? Lawlessness

Is Jonathan right to demonise his competitors?

Look, this country is fast becoming a failed state. Thanks to shallow minded folks like you and Asari Dokubo.

Just get some valium and sleep your sorry arse away!!!

9 Likes

Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by iykofias(m): 11:46am On Jul 10, 2013
Billionaires: State of Emergency should be imposed on Rivers State and Amaechi sacked immediately.

The military should take over for the sake of peace while EFCC investigates Amaechi and Representatives, all of them.
it hurts ma soul quoting fools like u_so EFcc (federal attack dogs) should investigate amaechi n representatives in support of him? Wot wil den happn to d anti-amaechi lawmakers,oh dey r d saint because d retarded 1 av dia backs abi.
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by franchizy(m): 11:50am On Jul 10, 2013

Pls can u tell me Amaechi offence dat u want EFCC to investigate. Can u tell me any former Gov of Rivers state dat did quarter of wat Amaechi ve done in d state.
U call 4 d military to take over. Wat r d grounds 4 dis.
It is people like u dat put Nigeria where we are today. The whole world knows johnathan and his wife, wike and d police are d mastermind of d crisis in d state.
Pls tell Retardiho Odechukwu Jonathan to laeve Amaechi alone and deliver d dividends of democracy to Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Afroconnect: 11:52am On Jul 10, 2013
ignorant dumb youths that should plan on how to get back power from these criminal dumb politicians,are selling their souls and loosing their lives for change.
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by dremoney(m): 11:54am On Jul 10, 2013
LastApostle: I ponder when people make unguarded statements of the political imbroglio prevailing in Rivers state. One doesn't need to be a student of political science to fully grasp the diatribe of political manoeuvring as currently bedevilled the oil rich state.

The political instability in Rivers state is occasioned by 'interest' as Gov. Amaechi arrogantly has refuse to run an all inclusive government. He usurp a political process by seeking redress in the court of law which eventually enthroned him as the sitting governor of the state. Rubbishing a process for personal gain is tantamount to calling bluff millions of credible voters that gave their franchise right to EX governor Omehia he dethrone. Omehia was a man the rivers people wanted and unanimously endorsed both by the common man and elites of the state.

This impasse taking place is not about Jonathan versus Amaechi as people are won't to speculate. No far from it. It is a fight between Amaechi and the Rivers elite. Amaechi is just heaping his frustration on the presidency because the presidency is sympathetic to their agitation just for him to garner emotional support.

Peter odili, Ex governor
Nyesom wike, minister

Did Jonathan singularly recruit all this Rivers leaders with their conscience to fight Amaechi? IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Thanks for the reminder.

Its getting clearer. Amaechi will not allow some people to loot state funds.

Now, kindly list the achievements and sacrifice of each person you have just listed. How selfless they were and their worth after leaving office.

6 Likes

Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Billionaires: 11:56am On Jul 10, 2013
iykofias: it hurts ma soul quoting fools like u_so EFcc (federal attack dogs) should investigate amaechi n representatives in support of him? Wot wil den happn to d anti-amaechi lawmakers,oh dey r d saint because d retarded 1 av dia backs abi.
Sorry about the hurt in your soul. Like I always say, Politics is not a game of emotion, you work with emotion and you are guaranteed to die young in this game. Politics is not perfect worldwide, but lets always analyze issues based on by-laws and constitution, because at the end of the day, thats what we swore to abide by. All animals are not equal. Amaechi has been running around acting like Olympus of Rivers State politics. Always remember, money alone can not buy you class, Amaechi will go down in history as a common miscreant, mark my words. Tell me how he can succeed with too many enemies, he is not in same wavelength with Rivers PDP, he is not in same wavelength with the Rulers, he believes that having a hold on majority in the House of Assembly is what can save him. That's arrant nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 10, 2013
If this nonsense we are hearing / seeing and reading about is what they've been touting as dividend of democracy, then I guess Nigeria will be far better ruled by Military!!!! Everyone would scream "we pray not"

Let us unite together in 1 voice and denounce this act of violence, agression, disregard for the rule of law and civil disobedience by a select few.....
If taking sides cannot solve our problems what else will??!!!!

We can bring this wall of Jerricho down, by shouting with 1 voice, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!!

If we allow them to destroy rivers state, which state will be next Lagos ? Ekiti Look what has happened in the north!!!!!!

REJECT CORRUPT POLITICIAN BY REJECTING ALL FORMS OF CORRUPTION!!!
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by egariyi(f): 11:58am On Jul 10, 2013
fkaz:

This bad belle go wound you
Billionaires:

I have zero time for sentiments, Amaechi's Jurisdiction is Rivers State. Not NGF, not Abuja . By allowing himself too much time with the NGF affairs and his hatred for his President, he had too much to carry and was distracted from his primary assignment. Tell me, is it the job of a governor to proceed to State Assembly to quell a fracas. No, its not.

The fact remains that Rivers State is in fracas, because Amaechi chose a war he can not win. He, needs to read the '48 Laws of Power' and ' Mafia Manager'. I doubt if Amaechi is 'properly' educated.

Your post is laced with so much sentiment. Did you not read that the police were watching helpless because they were under instruction? If the Governor had not intervened, do you know that lives would have been lost? Let the interest of the state comes first if you truly love Rivers State.
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by egariyi(f): 12:02pm On Jul 10, 2013
dremoney:

Thanks for the reminder.

Now, kindly list the achievements and sacrifice of each person you have just listed. How selfless they were and their worth after leaving office.

@dremoney
All those names mentioned are all synonimous with 'evil'. They are all broke and wants a puppet governor they can manipulate. They have failed to understand that their time has passed! They are loosers and will remain so.
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Desric(m): 12:04pm On Jul 10, 2013
Billionaires:

That is what happens when a Governor can not manage his own state, he stubbornly disobeyed the PDP leadership in his state and was suspended alongside some state house of assembly members. So, apparently, PDP can not help him with this. He can no longer manage his own state but he is thinking about managing Abuja. This is just a prove that pride goes before a fall. I can assure you, that since PDP suspended the other members, those 5 can legitimately impeach the government, cos I am very sure that the impeachment must have been communicated to the State chapter of PDP before it was authorized and the court will always respect the decision of the PDP State Chapter. Amaechi needs to kneel down and beg, cos he made so many strategic enemies, from his own cousin he uprooted to his former allies. Pride goes, fall comes! Hahahahahahaha

You are as ignorant as the PDP, please what do you mean by "PDP can not help him on this one" so PDP do help in illegalities? No wonder Nigeria is comfortably multiplying in CORRUPTION. so if PDP suspends the Assembly members from their party that automatically means that they have suspended them from being members of the state house of assembly? Were they voted in by only your 'so-called' PDP members,or are they representing just the PDP members in their various constituencies? Or have you forgotten that as elected members, only the house has the power to suspend them or their various constituencies to recall them if need be? Little wonder how naïve and myopic your reasoning is, it's even more disheartening to know that you are a youth as well, pls try and learn and emancipate yourself from your mental slavery, because as they say, "knowledge is Power"
I think it is quite obvious how the PDP thinks, how they chide themselves as Nigeria, how they turn all the rules in reverse orders, you are a real PDP product my dear and until people like you are properly educated and well tutored, we can never have peace in this Nation. PDP thrives only in an unjust society, without violence how can there be a PDP, it's your trademark and 2015 is by the corner, how else can we know that PDP is still alive if not by their catcata, mago-mago and senseless silly misconceived show of shame and desperado arrogance.
Please my dear, start studying and see how you can make amends from your naïve state of mind, I know the only way you can measure your success with your thinking is by sending your kids to school abroad, sending your wife to shop abroad, driving on the latest automobiles and been awarded fictitious and over inflated contracts at the detriment of the citizens. I know you are a christian so I wonder what you do learn in church, that is if you ve not already asked your pastor to pray for violence in the state so that you will satisfy your selfish ego. The most painful part of it is that the number of people who are thinking like you are greater to those with sound mind and mentality thereby making a huge task and problem to sanitise and sensitize our people on the right ways to go. I see Nigeria travailling in the end.
May God save us.

2 Likes

Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by meine: 12:15pm On Jul 10, 2013
Billionaires:

Uncle, you are an embarrasment. Did you go to school at all? If you did then your certificate should be properly vetted. Its because of people like you that Nigeria can never grow. When did the constitution of PDP become the constitution of the whole country?. Those officials were elected by their people and their suspension from PDP does not disempower them EXCEPT THEY ARE RECALLED BY THE PEOPLE WHO VOTED THEM. Go back to SSCE government studies Olodo Rabata shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 10, 2013
dremoney:

Thanks for the reminder.

Ok . Governor Amaechi is a BIG thief just like every other Nigerian politician. Prior to his becoming governor, he was haunted by the EFCC for large scale embezzlement. Suffice to note that 2Billion cash was recovered from his house before he ran away.

Amaechi supervised the looting of Rivers treasury as then speaker of the state house of assembly.

Amaechi is now alleged to have bought several choice properties in port Harcourt which the authority have evidence to prosecute him.

Do you know the $45million dollar jet he got with state fund cannot be properly verified and accountable.

During Governor Odili reign, he was adjudged the best performing governor in Nigeria and was repeatedly given the golden governor acknowledgment. Ordinarily, it is ideal for Amaechi or any other governor to surpass Odili achievements while in office.

Don't mix sentiment with politics. They are all rogues and plays dirty but this time, they have gang up to outsmart one of their own who outsmart them previously.

Amaechi should learn from Fashola and his relationship with Tinubu....simple.
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Godmann(m): 12:19pm On Jul 10, 2013
LastApostle: I ponder when people make unguarded statements of the political imbroglio prevailing in Rivers state. One doesn't need to be a student of political science to fully grasp the diatribe of political manoeuvring as currently bedevilled the oil rich state.

Peter odili, Ex governor
Nyesom wike, minister

River Elites that were no where to be found until Jonathan woke them up? Wise up man, we are no fools here.
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by DIVINE78: 12:21pm On Jul 10, 2013
Billionaires:

You mumu no be small!!!
Does PDP suspension stop them from being house members? Does it stop Amaechi from being a governor. PDP as a party suspended them but that doesn't stop them from carrying out the mandate given to them to represent them in the assembly. Ok?
Would their wives also divorce them since PDP has suspended them? Mumu!
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 10, 2013
meine:

Uncle, you are an embarrasment. Did you go to school at all? If you did then your certificate should be properly vetted. Its because of people like you that Nigeria can never grow. When did the constitution of PDP become the constitution of the whole country?. Those officials were elected by their people and their suspension from PDP does not disempower them EXCEPT THEY ARE RECALLED BY THE PEOPLE WHO VOTED THEM. Go back to SSCE government studies Olodo Rabata shocked shocked shocked
It also take maturity to know when a post is laced with sympathy, wit and sentiment.
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by ALTRUTH(m): 12:24pm On Jul 10, 2013
Jonathan shld do all dat it takes to sack amechi. I support 100%. Bloody traitor.

1 Like

Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Desric(m): 12:25pm On Jul 10, 2013

Peter odili, Ex governor
Nyesom wike, minister

Thank you very much, if all these names you mentioned are what you term as River State elites, then you are not far from the Devil himself. except for Omehia, tell me one name there that is not synonymous to crime and corruption? I think River State will be better off in the hands of strangers than these Common Criminals and Vampires you call elites. Maybe you should consult your dictionary a second time to check up the full meaning of the word "ELITES". Because if you term these thieves as Elites, Maybe there is no surprise why His Excellency Right Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi is their god and as you know, evil will always be fighting very hard to discredit the works of god which your so-called evil disciples cum elite are currently doing in River state today.

1 Like

Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Godmann(m): 12:28pm On Jul 10, 2013
To all pro Jonathan calling for state of emergency, remember the House of Rep will legislate for River state once the state house of assemble is disbanded for any reason.

Meaning the war will move to Abuja. I wonder how clueless GEJ will survive this.

Jonathan is just too clueless and without class to be the President of Nigeria. All the people that created him are seeing the result of their hand work.

Amechi helped to create Jonathan. Dickson was one of them. All the PDP governors in the north helped. Tinubu betrayed Ribadu because of Jonathan.

When we are shouting for Buhari, you guys refused to listen. When we wanted rationality in our governance, you preferred tribalism, nepotism and sentiments. You have helped to create a clueless crudely ambitious bull. Those that created him should wake up and check him.

Buhari cried and we laughed. let know who laughs last.

I weep for Niaja
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 10, 2013
Godman_n:

River Elites that were no where to be found until Jonathan woke them up? Wise up man, we are no fools here.
Two entity you should fear in life; God and instituted authority.

they can make or marred you!
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by FlynnRyder(m): 12:34pm On Jul 10, 2013
Lawalkay: I watched the suppose new speaker on tv addressing the press yesterday. I cry for my country where five pass twenty five. Where sixteen is greater than nineteen. Please God save this nation from pdp as you deliver israelite from pharaoh and forget not that our prayer on Abacha was answered bty you. Let every eyes that see this post say Amen.
AMEN
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 10, 2013
Desric:
Thank you very much, if all these names you mentioned are what you term as River State elites, then you are not far from the Devil himself. except for Omehia, tell me one name there that is not synonymous to crime and corruption? I think River State will be better off in the hands of strangers than these Common Criminals and Vampires you call elites. Maybe you should consult your dictionary a second time to check up the full meaning of the word "ELITES". Because if you term these thieves as Elites, Maybe there is no surprise why His Excellency Right Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi is their god and as you know, evil will always be fighting very hard to discredit the works of god which your so-called evil disciples cum elite are currently doing in River state today.
I called them political elite because they are the highest political office holders since the new political dispensation was enthroned.
You voted them, they are your leaders.
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by HarvardGrad: 12:37pm On Jul 10, 2013
LastApostle:
Two entity you should fear in life; God and instituted authority.

they can make or marred you!

And 'God' is on whose side?, as for going against authority I leave you to name me one acclaimed great man that did not challenge 'authority'
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Mospring(m): 12:39pm On Jul 10, 2013
its just too unfortunate dat fins re hapn dis way; cos! the innocent is now staged @the receiving end! wen fins gets tough though!. the youths shud be careful hia:!
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Smartgunna: 12:41pm On Jul 10, 2013
The drama of the last few weeks is heart wrenching and very unfortunate. We speak about democracy yet loathe dissent of any kind. God made GEJ president and no one can take it away for him. In the same vein Amaechi is the governor of Rivers...the fact that he is a PDP member shouldn't make him an Abuja zombie. Our strength is our differing opinions, it makes us stronger. If my wife opposes my stand on issues should I go about beating and slandering her?? Anyone supporting whatever is happening in Rivers has no conscience. I support neither camp, but a system that says 16>19 and 5>27 is set up for failure. If they desperately want Amaechi out,let them make their case to the Rivers state people, do the right thing...what then is the ballot box for?

1 Like

Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by seanet02: 12:43pm On Jul 10, 2013
Billionaire will never grow up.
thought the dude will have.
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by frankyychiji(f): 12:43pm On Jul 10, 2013
Abagworo:

Keep dreaming. Are you aware that there are people far more powerful than Jonathan in Nigeria and the world? Do you know if Obama is backing Amaechi? This could be the begining of the end of Nigeria's democracy.
I am trying so hard to tolerate ur ignorance but don't push ur luck too far! Amaechi has bitten more than he can chew. He was warned before hand! He shd expect more in d days ahead! What is he still doing in pdp? APC has been registered so let him cross over and let's see how many Rivers people will cross with him! Heed Billionaires advice; read d 48 laws of power!!!! This is politics and not Mills and boons!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Presides Over Federal Executive Council Meeting Today / Osun To Provide 20 Armoured Carriers For Proposed Southwest Security Network / Bandits Attack 5 Kaduna LGAs, Kill Several Residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.