Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,281 members, 7,818,954 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. (17732 Views)

Massive Protest Ongoing In Yenagoa By The APC / Buhari Worships At Imo State House Chapel (PHOTOS) / Chaos At The Rivers Assembly - Day Two (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by seanet02: 12:45pm On Jul 10, 2013
ALTRUTH: Jonathan shld do all dat it takes to sack amechi. I support 100%. Bloody traitor.
Arrant nonsense.
This is plain idiocy
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by networkrecharg: 12:46pm On Jul 10, 2013
You lie. No body will live forever. And while you are alive, live you life. No time to say no time

Billionaires: Sorry about the hurt in your soul. Like I always say, Politics is not a game of emotion, you work with emotion and you are guaranteed to die young in this game. Politics is not perfect worldwide, but lets always analyze issues based on by-laws and constitution, because at the end of the day, thats what we swore to abide by. All animals are not equal. Amaechi has been running around acting like Olympus of Rivers State politics. Always remember, money alone can not buy you class, Amaechi will go down in history as a common miscreant, mark my words. Tell me how he can succeed with too many enemies, he is not in same wavelength with Rivers PDP, he is not in same wavelength with the Rulers, he believes that having a hold on majority in the House of Assembly is what can save him. That's arrant nonsense.
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by thelastPope(m): 12:50pm On Jul 10, 2013
I said it clearly yesterday that this is south south. Things work differently here. I know what I am talking about. Amaechi has gone too far!
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 10, 2013
Godman_n: To all pro Jonathan calling for state of emergency, remember the House of Rep will legislate for River state once the state house of assemble is disbanded for any reason.

Meaning the war will move to Abuja. I wonder how clueless GEJ will survive this.

Jonathan is just too clueless and without class to be the President of Nigeria. All the people that created him are seeing the result of their hand work.

Amechi helped to create Jonathan. Dickson was one of them. All the PDP governors in the north helped. Tinubu betrayed Ribadu because of Jonathan.

When we are shouting for Buhari, you guys refused to listen. When we wanted rationality in our governance, you preferred tribalism, nepotism and sentiments. You have helped to create a clueless crudely ambitious bull. Those that created him should wake up and check him.

Buhari cried and we laughed. let know who laughs last.

I weep for Niaja
Buhari is a bigot!!!
Jonathan was a child of necessity upon the demise of Yar'Adua. Majority of the governors then wanted to usurp constitutional provision for sectional enthronement to maintain party status quo.
The lucky child wanted to rule according to the provisions of the constitution and entered agreement with the governors for their endorsement which in turn will obliterate any opposition to their return bid of their respective gubernatorial seat. That is called political leverage!

Buhari is a weakling oga...
While he was in power, Tunde Idiagbon, his deputy run the show. This is a man who couldn't command loyalty in the army. A harmless palace coup displaced him like the small river in otuoke in bayelsa that swept Jonathan shoes into the Atlantic ocean!!

1 Like

Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by iykofias(m): 12:54pm On Jul 10, 2013
Billionaires: Sorry about the hurt in your soul. Like I always say, Politics is not a game of emotion, you work with emotion and you are guaranteed to die young in this game. Politics is not perfect worldwide, but lets always analyze issues based on by-laws and constitution, because at the end of the day, thats what we swore to abide by. All animals are not equal. Amaechi has been running around acting like Olympus of Rivers State politics. Always remember, money alone can not buy you class, Amaechi will go down in history as a common miscreant, mark my words. Tell me how he can succeed with too many enemies, he is not in same wavelength with Rivers PDP, he is not in same wavelength with the Rulers, he believes that having a hold on majority in the House of Assembly is what can save him. That's arrant nonsense.
plss,nxt time u want 2 tel a joke_tel d one worth laughin to. Hw did u come to d conclusion dat amaechi wil b rememberd as a common miscreant?.I live in ph n am sure u dnt so spare ds forum ur craps. Mention 1 former governor dats av performed more dan amaechi n list d projects (without tryin to fabricate lies o).beside d last time I checked jonathan ebele is d one called all sort of name in evri naija forum n d strangest part of it is dat even his facebook page isn't spare neither,from names ranging from 'slowpoke, womanwrapper,clueless 1,Jonathan' and nairaland favourite 'r.e.t.a.rdeen'. Atleast 7 PDP governors r against GEJ (NGF 19 against 16 says it all).so nxt tym u want 2make a joke concernin some1 dat wil b remembered for a bad name(s) pls chose carefully n precisely. I'm breakin tradition replyin u cos I oly engaged gud debaters_cheers
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by goodtalk(m): 12:56pm On Jul 10, 2013
Billionaires:

I have zero time for sentiments, Amaechi's Jurisdiction is Rivers State. Not NGF, not Abuja . By allowing himself too much time with the NGF affairs and his hatred for his President, he had too much to carry and was distracted from his primary assignment. Tell me, is it the job of a governor to proceed to State Assembly to quell a fracas. No, its not.

The fact remains that Rivers State is in fracas, because Amaechi chose a war he can not win. He, needs to read the '48 Laws of Power' and ' Mafia Manager'. I doubt if Amaechi is 'properly' educated.
@poor man! Am quite amazed that you are bereft of facts on this matter! May i help u a little!! If your postulation is correct that emotions belong to t'he romans section atleast you should at least understand t'he nitty gritty of politics!!! Where u awear that t'he house convened t'he meeting at t'he behest of governor Ameachi? Cos he needed to present amendment to t'he states appriopration acts? Where u also awear that for many months they had not sat becuse of t'he diabolic preseident jonathan and his wifes mischief in rivers state! Are u also awear that he had a constitutional right to be at t'he assemble cos he needed to ppresent t'he appriopration amendment document? Are u also awear that he is t'he chief security officer of t'he state? Meaning he can visit anywhere in t'he state and at anytime to resolve issues that may bridge t'he public peace? My friend wake up! Ameachi has every right to contest for any higher office in 2015 if he so desires, Jonathan and his wife should stop denegrating and disgracing t'he office of t'he president! Mumu son of a canoe carver what does he know about presidential decorium? Under him 16 is greater than 19, under him also 5 people can form a quorium to impeach a speacker in a 23 member house of assembly. Hissssssssss ignorant people lipsrsealed cry arrant nonsence!!
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Mhudi: 12:56pm On Jul 10, 2013
I disagree with you in totality because should anything happen to Mr. President (God forbid), then perceived or known foes of Amaechi will be politically redundant and pulverized.
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 10, 2013
If you aint in Rivers state then don't say what you don't know. I was once a supporter of amaechi but he has chewed more than he can swallow. Only a drowning man will follow him. He is too small to fight GEJ so this fight aint about Amaechi vs GEJ rather is Amaechi vs the people. Come to Rivers state and gather the opinion of the people then you will know what this fight is all about. Abeg make I chop my nsala soup first
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by figment232(m): 1:04pm On Jul 10, 2013
Godman_n: To all pro Jonathan calling for state of emergency, remember the House of Rep will legislate for River state once the state house of assemble is disbanded for any reason.

Meaning the war will move to Abuja. I wonder how clueless GEJ will survive this.

Jonathan is just too clueless and without class to be the President of Nigeria. All the people that created him are seeing the result of their hand work.

Amechi helped to create Jonathan. Dickson was one of them. All the PDP governors in the north helped. Tinubu betrayed Ribadu because of Jonathan.

When we are shouting for Buhari, you guys refused to listen. When we wanted rationality in our governance, you preferred tribalism, nepotism and sentiments. You have helped to create a clueless crudely ambitious bull. Those that created him should wake up and check him.

Buhari cried and we laughed. let know who laughs last.

I weep for Niaja
My friend find somewhere hide ur smelling head
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by greatestman(m): 1:05pm On Jul 10, 2013
that is what happen between Bamanga Tukur (PDP) chairman and Nyako Governor of Adamawa state Today the masses are suffering the state of emergency when. two elephant fight na only the ground suffer
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by texazzpete(m): 1:18pm On Jul 10, 2013
LastApostle: I ponder when people make unguarded statements of the political imbroglio prevailing in Rivers state. One doesn't need to be a student of political science to fully grasp the diatribe of political manoeuvring as currently bedevilled the oil rich state.

The political instability in Rivers state is occasioned by 'interest' as Gov. Amaechi arrogantly has refuse to run an all inclusive government. He usurp a political process by seeking redress in the court of law which eventually enthroned him as the sitting governor of the state. Rubbishing a process for personal gain is tantamount to calling bluff millions of credible voters that gave their franchise right to EX governor Omehia he dethrone. Omehia was a man the rivers people wanted and unanimously endorsed both by the common man and elites of the state.

This impasse taking place is not about Jonathan versus Amaechi as people are won't to speculate. No far from it. It is a fight between Amaechi and the Rivers elite. Amaechi is just heaping his frustration on the presidency because the presidency is sympathetic to their agitation just for him to garner emotional support.

Peter odili, Ex governor
Rufus Ada-George, Ex Governor
Celestine Omehia, Ex governor
Austin Opara, Ex national deputy rep speaker
Chibudom nwuche, Ex national deputy Rep speaker
Nyesom wike, minister
Sergeant Awuse, grassroot politician/bulldozer.
Uche secondus, PDP leader

Did Jonathan singularly recruit all this Rivers leaders with their conscience to fight Amaechi? IMPOSSIBLE!!!
Something is wrong with Amaechi.

How dare you mention these people and 'conscience' in the same sentence?

Anyway, not even you paid dogs can change what is permanently on video, where the cultist House of Reps member said "How will he be fighting my President"

All the crisis in Rivers State right now, all the violence...all is on GEJ. I hope it's truly worth it for him.

As I hope you're well paid for your sycophancy. Dog.
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by okomonny(m): 1:19pm On Jul 10, 2013
Rivers youth your future matters the politician are reach, having houses all over naija & abroad. They can run away at the heat the crisis. You should control your future do what is best for your state not what any politician wants. Your future lies in your hand.
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by olawumia(m): 1:21pm On Jul 10, 2013
Billionaires:

That is what happens when a Governor can not manage his own state, he stubbornly disobeyed the PDP leadership in his state and was suspended alongside some state house of assembly members. So, apparently, PDP can not help him with this. He can no longer manage his own state but he is thinking about managing Abuja. This is just a prove that pride goes before a fall. I can assure you, that since PDP suspended the other members, those 5 can legitimately impeach the government, cos I am very sure that the impeachment must have been communicated to the State chapter of PDP before it was authorized and the court will always respect the decision of the PDP State Chapter. Amaechi needs to kneel down and beg, cos he made so many strategic enemies, from his own cousin he uprooted to his former allies. Pridell comes! Hahhahaha

Mumu .....
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by ALTRUTH(m): 1:29pm On Jul 10, 2013
[quote
author=frankyychiji] I am trying so hard to tolerate ur ignorance but
don't push ur luck too far! Amaechi has bitten more than he can chew. He
was warned before hand! He shd expect more in d days ahead! What is he
still doing in pdp? APC has been registered so let him cross over and
let's see how many Rivers people will cross with him! Heed Billionaires
advice; read d 48 laws of power!!!! This is politics and not Mills and
boons![/quote]

Guy leave dat Mr gworo. He escaped from d zoo nd d zoo attendants hav been searching 4 him.
Mr gworo, pls return to ur cage now or......
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by ALTRUTH(m): 1:32pm On Jul 10, 2013
seanet02:
Arrant nonsense.
This is plain idiocy

Shut up there monkey. Dis is my view nd if u dont like it go nd drink acid nd end ur misery. F00L
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Akainzo(m): 1:45pm On Jul 10, 2013
Billionaires: State of Emergency should be imposed on Rivers State and Amaechi sacked immediately.

The military should take over for the sake of peace while EFCC investigates Amaechi and Representatives, all of them.

Were the Governor's in the states with an ongoin Sate of Emergency sacked?
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 10, 2013
texazzpete:

How dare you mention these people and 'conscience' in the same sentence?

Anyway, not even you paid dogs can change what is permanently on video, where the cultist House of Reps member said "How will he be fighting my President"

All the crisis in Rivers State right now, all the violence...all is on GEJ. I hope it's truly worth it for him.

As I hope you're well paid for your sycophancy. Dog.
With all due respect Sir...I am not a politician neither paid for stating the obvious. I am a harmless citizen etching out living in this political tumultuous environment. I have lived here to understand the intricate political situation so well I could pass for an analyst.
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Godmann(m): 1:53pm On Jul 10, 2013
LastApostle:
Two entity you should fear in life; God and instituted authority.

they can make or marred you!

What is instituted authority? is a stolen mandate part of instituted authority? As your boss Jonathan does not give a damn about corruption, we do not give a damn fighting usurpers/impostors in power.
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by frankyychiji(f): 1:53pm On Jul 10, 2013
iykofias: it hurts ma soul quoting fools like u_so EFcc (federal attack dogs) should investigate amaechi n representatives in support of him? Wot wil den happn to d anti-amaechi lawmakers,oh dey r d saint because d retarded 1 av dia backs abi.
Y YES!!!!!! Eat ur heart out if u wish!
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Godmann(m): 1:56pm On Jul 10, 2013
LastApostle:
Buhari is a bigot!!!
Jonathan was a child of necessity upon the demise of Yar'Adua. Majority of the governors then wanted to usurp constitutional provision for sectional enthronement to maintain party status quo.
The lucky child wanted to rule according to the provisions of the constitution and entered agreement with the governors for their endorsement which in turn will obliterate any opposition to their return bid of their respective gubernatorial seat. That is called political leverage!

Buhari is a weakling oga...
While he was in power, Tunde Idiagbon, his deputy run the show. This is a man who couldn't command loyalty in the army. A harmless palace coup displaced him like the small river in otuoke in bayelsa that swept Jonathan shoes into the Atlantic ocean!!

Buhari was a weakling or whatever you chose to label him. So was Christ called "carpenter's son". When are we going to learn from our past. Must we tell God who the Messiah should be? It is God that chooses his messiah not me and you
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Godmann(m): 1:57pm On Jul 10, 2013
figment232: My friend find somewhere hide ur smelling head

Thanks my thinking man. I leave you with your woes
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by frankyychiji(f): 1:57pm On Jul 10, 2013
dremoney:

I am 99.9% positive you are a politician. You will gun down Amaechi at close range if possible. The hatred is obvious.

However, let sentiment take a back seat. Take a chill pill and relax the andrenalin pumping out of your empty brain before you expose your stupidity any further.

Questions are:

Is Amaechi responsible for only PDP or every citizen in Rivers State.

Does PDP interest superced state interest?

Is Amaechi right or wrong to be ambitious?

Is 16 greater than 19? Btw, what's PDP's interest in NGF?

How does PDP suspending members deprive them of their status as assembly members? They have not been expelled. Olodo

Is it right for 5 members to commence impeachment proceeding? Lawlessness

Is Jonathan right to demonise his competitors?

Look, this country is fast becoming a failed state. Thanks to shallow minded folks like you and Asari Dokubo.

Just get some valium and sleep your sorry arse away!!!
nothing is going to save d traitor from d sledgehammer hanging over his head! Amaechi has since known this bit his stupid (apc) was nudging him on. Now they cannot save him!
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Godmann(m): 1:59pm On Jul 10, 2013
frankyychiji: nothing is going to save d traitor from d sledgehammer hanging over his head! Amaechi has since known this bit his stupid (apc) was nudging him on. Now they cannot save him!

Your wost is impeachment. You have tried and failed. What next do you have?
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by olivertwist: 2:14pm On Jul 10, 2013
I'm beginning to agree with the school of thought that said this is PDP / GEJ new strategy to hold on to power in 2015.

At the Nigerian Governor's forum election: Governor Jonah Jang lost to Gov. Amaechi yet, he was declared the winner and fully endorsed by the president.

Just yesterday at the Rivers state house of assembly, five dishonourable members of the house with their thugs attempted to impeach the speaker of the HOA but for the quick response of the governor. Yet, we've not heard a single word from the presidency(Am I surprised)

Only God knows how many of these criminal acts will occur before 2015 election.

Come 2015, I hope we won't see INEC being forced to declare GEJ as the winner if for instance he lost in 24 states and won just 12.

Pls we don't want to be JANGularised.

1 Like

Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by jjcbuthot: 2:20pm On Jul 10, 2013
thelastPope: I said it clearly yesterday that this is south south. Things work differently here. I know what I am talking about. Amaechi has gone too far!

South South, the land of drunken fishermen and villagers.
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by confusion247(m): 2:37pm On Jul 10, 2013
Lawalkay: I watched the suppose new speaker on tv addressing the press yesterday. I cry for my country where five pass twenty five. Where sixteen is greater than nineteen. Please God save this nation from pdp as you deliver israelite from pharaoh and forget not that our prayer on Abacha was answered bty you. Let every eyes that see this post say Amen.
Sorry ....the problem of Nigeria is not PDP. The problem of Nigeria is forced marriage. Until we address the structural problem of Nigeria, things will never get better. Name five people in APC that is corrupt free to rescue Nigeria.
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Alfoasegh: 3:01pm On Jul 10, 2013
gboss4sure: If you aint in Rivers state then don't say what you don't know. I was once a supporter of amaechi but he has chewed more than he can swallow. Only a drowning man will follow him. He is too small to fight GEJ so this fight aint about Amaechi vs GEJ rather is Amaechi vs the people. Come to Rivers state and gather the opinion of the people then you will know what this fight is all about. Abeg make I chop my nsala soup first
My friend, opinions are divided in Rivers State- Some for Amaechi and others against. This is the same scenario that played out yesterday at the house of assemby. However, after all said and done, the wishes of the majority must be held sacrosanct especially in a democracy.
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 10, 2013
Billionaires:

That is what happens when a Governor can not manage his own state, he stubbornly disobeyed the PDP leadership in his state and was suspended alongside some state house of assembly members. So, apparently, PDP can not help him with this. He can no longer manage his own state but he is thinking about managing Abuja. This is just a prove that pride goes before a fall. I can assure you, that since PDP suspended the other members, those 5 can legitimately impeach the government, cos I am very sure that the impeachment must have been communicated to the State chapter of PDP before it was authorized and the court will always respect the decision of the PDP State Chapter. Amaechi needs to kneel down and beg, cos he made so many strategic enemies, from his own cousin he uprooted to his former allies. Pride goes, fall comes! Hahahahahahaha

shocked shocked shocked shocked Did you type this or just a mistake?
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by jjcbuthot: 4:59pm On Jul 10, 2013
njazra:

shocked shocked shocked shocked Did you type this or just a mistake?

That tells you how imbecilic those kids can be.
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by dBard: 5:19pm On Jul 10, 2013
jjcbuthot:

South South, the land of drunken fishermen and villagers.

You must be an ID IOT f dat statement. anyway I blame technology that has allowed nincompoops like u d priviledge of displaying ur stupidity f d world t see..
If that above is wat a 'civilised' mind can cum up with then I tink we're beta off just like dis..
As s Hole
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by egift(m): 7:15pm On Jul 10, 2013
Re: Massive Protest At The Rivers State House Of Assembly. by AchinAbraham: 6:16am On Jul 11, 2013
alaoeri: We only know the beginning of a war nobody knows where it 'll end.
na waoooooo naij.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kidnapped Iyabo Anisulowo Regains Freedom / Nigeria Projected To Overtake South Africa In Air Power By 2020. / Reno Omokri Collaborates With Onyeka Onwenu, Panam Percy Paul, And Leah’s Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.