Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Jonathan Masterminded October 1 Bombing - Okah Insists - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Masterminded October 1 Bombing - Okah Insists (26110 Views)

Saraki Admits His DSS Detail Masterminded Robbery Of N310M - Sahara Reporters / Oct. 1 Bombing Meant To Cause Confusion In Nigeria’ / Henry Okah Insists President Jonathan Masterminded Two Bomb Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Masterminded October 1 Bombing - Okah Insists by kingthreat(m): 9:52am On Jul 11, 2013
Jonathan and MEND. A relationship gone sour.
Re: Jonathan Masterminded October 1 Bombing - Okah Insists by guvna(m): 9:52am On Jul 11, 2013
abagoro: I'm sure the case will be re-visited in the near future and justice shall surely prevail.

I almost hit the like until I saw PURNISHED. Its PUNISHED mate, it has NO 'R'. Anyways Amen...I hijacked ur comment so now hit like on mine...lol
Re: Jonathan Masterminded October 1 Bombing - Okah Insists by Elose11(m): 10:00am On Jul 11, 2013
abagoro: Mr. Henry Okah who is standing trial in South African magistrate court, yesterday, told the court that President Goodluck Jonathan  and his aides organized  the October 1, 2010 bomb attacks in Abuja  in a desperate political strategy to demonize political opponents, and win popular sympathy ahead of the 2011 elections.

Henry Okah, the detained leader of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND), who is being blamed for the 2010 Independence Day bomb that killed at least 10 people with many more injured, told a South African court the attacks were sponsored by President Goodluck Jonathan.

However,  the federal government who has linked MEND leader’s brother, Charles Okah and four others to the 2010 Independence Day twin bombing has also arraigned them before a Federal High Court in Abuja for the acts of terrorism and other treasonable offences. 

In a 194 page affidavit deposed to at a South African court, the MEND leader, Henry Okah yesterday said that the president and those working for him, had engineered similar attacks prior to October 1 bombing in March 2010.

Meanwhile, President Goodluck Jonathan has faulted the claims of Okah before a South African court.

Speaking through his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Dr. Reuben Abati, the president described Okah’s claims as not only false, but lacking factual foundation.

A statement made available to LEADERSHIP yesterday night reads in part: “The Presidency categorically affirms that these allegations are false in their entirety and without any factual foundation.

As the case of Mr. Okah’s involvement in the plotting and execution of terrorist attacks in Nigeria is already before a court of competent jurisdiction in South Africa, the Presidency does not intend to say anymore on the matter for now and will, in accordance with due process and international law, make a full representation on the matter to the court when the trial opens.”

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/23597/2012/05/03/october_1_bombing_henry_okah_insists_jonathan_masterminded_bomb_attacks.html
What is the op and moderator up to? I thought stories on Nl are current issues. Else what is an allegation that was made in May 2012 doing in fp? Henry Okah made these spurous allegation when looking for straws to hold on to as a drowning man at about the close of his defence for the Oct 1 bomboing in south african court. He had since been found guilty and sentenced accordingly. So why bringing these claims here on this forum as if its recent? Pls don't drag us back. If there are no current issues to present, you can at least invent one on Tonto Dike and Nyanya!
Re: Jonathan Masterminded October 1 Bombing - Okah Insists by mathew4real: 10:03am On Jul 11, 2013
if only God ll be quick 2 judge,All d so called govt officials
ll d exposed.God ll help us.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Masterminded October 1 Bombing - Okah Insists by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 11, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: October 1 Bombing: Henry Okah Insists Jonathan Masterminded Bomb Attacks

Submitted by LEADERSHIP EDITORS on May 3, 2012 - 5:42am

Imported User:
AHURAKA ISAH, GEORGE AGBA

Mr. Henry Okah who is standing trial in South African magistrate court, yesterday, told the court that President Goodluck Jonathan and his aides organized the October 1, 2010...

That report was written in May 2012 but we are now in July 2013 for goodness sake. It seems regurgitation of STALE and DECOMPOSED reports is the latest from the bag of tricks of online vultures. Desperation has surely crept in, all in attempt to resurrect the dying APC project. But the degree of shamelessness is just appalling.

Ma guy, in the light of recent events in rivers state, ngf, etc, this report is even more relevant today. There's nothing old about it. It is what Jonathan is, a deceiving ,lying and manipulative cretin.
Re: Jonathan Masterminded October 1 Bombing - Okah Insists by Kenny4lyfe(m): 10:07am On Jul 11, 2013
Now this is DESPERATION OF THE HIGHEST ORDER! DESPIRATION in the sence that ONE STEWPID MOD who has no job by the way, suddenly decided to put this on FP. Taking advantage of the present political atmosphere to attract web hits huh? "WHEN DID SEUN and his GOONS starts participating in partisan politics? Eh? Another is a heywired democratic-non-person who decided to post a May 3, 2012 article on NL! Well, I'm not suprised, negative publicity can be a perfect means for portraying "facts" that are quite "obvious"! Well, we the "RETARDENS" as you'd call us are not parturbed, daunted neither are we demotivated in our effort to make sure that your likes are TRANSFORMED! If YOU are indeed so desperate to take the reins of power, meet us at the pool come 2015! EGBERI FAA!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Masterminded October 1 Bombing - Okah Insists by 1shortblackboy: 10:08am On Jul 11, 2013
no be to dey make noise he should give us evidence
Re: Jonathan Masterminded October 1 Bombing - Okah Insists by Nikky4izuu: 10:09am On Jul 11, 2013
This is ridiculous, how can a president of a country mastermind bomb-blast in his country and at same time he would be at the stipulated venue? does he want to die? Okah is just looking for someone who will go down with him but unfortunately, he chose the wrong person.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Masterminded October 1 Bombing - Okah Insists by LEXYCOM: 10:12am On Jul 11, 2013
Boko haram claim responsibility for october 1 bomb blast....MEND also claim responsibility, now JONATHAN dey claim also....
Re: Jonathan Masterminded October 1 Bombing - Okah Insists by justplainpaul(m): 10:13am On Jul 11, 2013
Pataki: There is surely no way this foolish man that is the President will avoid spending the remaining part of his years in jail.

Ibori, don't worry. Your brother will soon come and join you.

Jonathan and his hippopotamus wife's hands are heavily soaked in blood! Their end I can predict will be the worst this nation has ever seen or experienced.
God will bless u for this comment.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Masterminded October 1 Bombing - Okah Insists by Adex097: 10:15am On Jul 11, 2013
There is an iota of truth in every news....
This is Nigeria anything can happen
Re: Jonathan Masterminded October 1 Bombing - Okah Insists by ugowell: 10:18am On Jul 11, 2013
I just sincerely hope Mr. President is just not guilty of dis allegation!!!
Re: Jonathan Masterminded October 1 Bombing - Okah Insists by abu0710102013: 10:18am On Jul 11, 2013
Alhamdulillah, breeze don blow we don see the anus of the fowl
Re: Jonathan Masterminded October 1 Bombing - Okah Insists by Hamazz1: 10:23am On Jul 11, 2013
For those idle minds that call buhari a terrorist though without any estb link wht then will u call gej whose fellow kin man is estb on facts that he's atleast taking 10 Nigeria lifes his wife master minding d crisis rocking rivers state n so on.wht then is gej.
Re: Jonathan Masterminded October 1 Bombing - Okah Insists by mooregan(m): 10:26am On Jul 11, 2013
That story don pass over 1 year na.
Re: Jonathan Masterminded October 1 Bombing - Okah Insists by trolling(m): 10:27am On Jul 11, 2013
They do it also over here thru false flags operations to propagate their agenda, it's called problem reaction and a desired outcome, thesis antithesis =synthesis... Hegalian Dialectic
Re: Jonathan Masterminded October 1 Bombing - Okah Insists by mekano1980: 10:31am On Jul 11, 2013
Henry Okah is the cheap blackmailler,how can a President sponsor a Bombing,and in his power,he did not defend u,or even hide you,instead they search you with every necessary thing they have to get you,prosecute you and also jailed you.Like during O¿¿¿¿¿¿B. J when we are having plain crash nobody was caught,During IB................................B all the Drug barrons nobody was caght.So i cannot believe this cheap blackmail.Nairalanders shine ur eye don't be deceiveooo.
Re: Jonathan Masterminded October 1 Bombing - Okah Insists by Nasige(m): 10:32am On Jul 11, 2013
iamswizz: so our president is a terrorist?
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha u ar a badt guy.
Re: Jonathan Masterminded October 1 Bombing - Okah Insists by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 11, 2013
iamswizz: so our president is a terrorist?
Do u tink dat if Gej is behind dat bombing dat Henry would hav been a life to give his testimony? Reason b4 saying trash
Re: Jonathan Masterminded October 1 Bombing - Okah Insists by Aksonman: 10:43am On Jul 11, 2013
Na wa ooo...it seems ACN apologists and Nairaland moiderators have indeed run mad. This is a news article is of over a year old, Henry Okah has since been convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment in South Africa.
My God,and some GEJ haters are already having a hard-on and commenting on this thread like it just happened yesterday? Tufia!
Re: Jonathan Masterminded October 1 Bombing - Okah Insists by moscobabs(m): 10:44am On Jul 11, 2013
mr_man:
keep this rubbish on Facebook please. It's very annoying. Click like ko press like ni. angry
i would have press Unlike button if sey Seun introduce unlike button to nairaland
Re: Jonathan Masterminded October 1 Bombing - Okah Insists by OILOFGLADNESS: 10:44am On Jul 11, 2013
Pataki: There is surely no way this foolish man that is the President will avoid spending the remaining part of his years in jail.

Ibori, don't worry. Your brother will soon come and join you.

Jonathan and his hippopotamus wife's hands are heavily soaked in blood! Their end I can predict will be the worst this nation has ever seen or experienced.

my dear dont say what you dont know, how sure are you to the claim. be neutral in any issue you cannot personally provide evidence on. be wise!!!!!!!
Re: Jonathan Masterminded October 1 Bombing - Okah Insists by IYANGBALI: 10:46am On Jul 11, 2013
Afam4eva: Why should Henry Okah be believed? But i wonder why Jonathan was holding brief for Mend when that happened. I had never seen a president defend a terrorist organization until Jonathan became the spokesman for MEND.
why shld he not be beleived?you dey there?
Re: Jonathan Masterminded October 1 Bombing - Okah Insists by omenka(m): 10:47am On Jul 11, 2013
Afam4eva: Why should Henry Okah be believed? But i wonder why Jonathan was holding brief for Mend when that happened. I had never seen a president defend a terrorist organization until Jonathan became the spokesman for MEND.
Tell them my brother. We have a huge problem in this country. I jst imagine what the presidency, along with their hoard of internet specimen headed by insincere amoeba, would say had Buhari made such a statement. This is absolutely unheard of in the anals of governance. No one called him a militant when he made those statemnts yet they are quick to condemn Buhari once he makes any statement that features boko haram be it in their condemnation. And if i may ask, how many times hav the president condemned the activities of mend? Noseating hypocrites.
Okah is going thru what he's goin thru cos he knows to much an has refused to play ball.
Re: Jonathan Masterminded October 1 Bombing - Okah Insists by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 11, 2013
It is only a fool who does nt knw wen a breadfruit firewood is shared. Do u tink dat Henry okah wud hav been a life if Gej is aware of dat bombing? Do u tink dat Henry okah wud hav been alife to give his testimony in the court if Gej masterminded that abuja bombing? We shud tink b4 making useless comments pls. Henry is an illegal gun merchant who is frustrated by his business collapse
Re: Jonathan Masterminded October 1 Bombing - Okah Insists by IYANGBALI: 10:50am On Jul 11, 2013
abu0710102013: Alhamdulillah, breeze don blow we don see the anus of the fowl
he remain make you put your preek inside anus of the fowl
Re: Jonathan Masterminded October 1 Bombing - Okah Insists by thelastPope(m): 10:56am On Jul 11, 2013

You have allowed the ACN press to misguide you there bro. Let me lay it bare for you.

MEND came to an end when the militants received amnesty. Who were the leaders of MEND? That is the question you should ask. MEND really doesnt exist anymore. What you have are persons using the name of MEND to make statements. All the leaders of MEND aprt from Henry Orkah, who was not even really an active leader of MEND but an arms supplier, accepted amnesty. So technically, the President was 100% correct. But the problem is, there are diplomatic ways of passing out information to the public and obviuosly the President wasnt vast in that then. That is one reason why the President, if you notice, stopped making public statement for a while. He probably have given himself some lecture in public communication and I think I saw a bit of that in the meeting with the Borno Elders where he took them on on BH... grin

Technically speaking, there is no MEND, so MEND couldnt have carried out that bombing.

These are the leaders of MEND

Henry Okah
Dokubo-Asari
John Togo †
Ebikabowei Victor-Ben
Godswill Tamuno
Ateke Tom
Government Ekpemupolo
Soboma George †
Brutus Ebipadei
Solomon Ndigbara
Tubotamuno Angolia †

So tell me how MEND still exists and how the President was wrong. But like I said, he should not have made the statement the way he did because most people will not understand what he is saying.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movement_for_the_Emancipation_of_the_Niger_Delta
Re: Jonathan Masterminded October 1 Bombing - Okah Insists by Od31(m): 10:57am On Jul 11, 2013
Elose11:
What is the op and moderator up to? I thought stories on Nl are current issues. Else what is an allegation that was made in May 2012 doing in fp? Henry Okah made these spurous allegation when looking for straws to hold on to as a drowning man at about the close of his defence for the Oct 1 bomboing in south african court. He had since been found guilty and sentenced accordingly. So why bringing these claims here on this forum as if its recent? Pls don't drag us back. If there are no current issues to present, you can at least invent one on Tonto Dike and Nyanya!

You are right! I wonder! This is a very old story, The OP is definitely up so something! People should let the president be! allow to do his work. One day he will be out of there and another person will take over! so let him be. People voted for him, if you are not satisfied with his work, then vote another person next time. All this haters stunts should stop!
Re: Jonathan Masterminded October 1 Bombing - Okah Insists by thelastPope(m): 11:00am On Jul 11, 2013
Od31:

You are right! I wonder! This is a very old story, The OP is definitely up so something! People should let the president be! allow to do his work. One day he will be out of there and another person will take over! so let him be. People voted for him, if you are not satisfied with his work, then vote another person next time. All this haters stunts should stop!

That is what the MODS on NL do. Anytime Tinubu or his followers take a bashing here, they will quickly cook up an anti GEJ thread and rush it to the front page and start to insult GEJ. It smacks of utmost desperation and deception which is the only thing they are good at!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Masterminded October 1 Bombing - Okah Insists by Pataki: 11:04am On Jul 11, 2013
OILOFGLADNESS:

my dear dont say what you dont know, how sure are you to the claim. be neutral in any issue you cannot personally provide evidence on. be wise!!!!!!!

Be neutral in a government sponsored by Retardeen to kill innocent Nigerians? Was it not Jonathan himself who became a spokesperson for MEND following the October 1, 2010 bombing?

Was it not Jonathan who publicly called Boko Haram members his brothers and sisters? Azazi who informed Nigerians that Boko Haram is PDP and PDP is Boko Haram was systematically eliminated (killed) under this same Jonathan government.

Have we so soon forgotten the loss of lives under the dictatorship of Jonathan as regards the fuel subsidy palava? Who has been held accountable for those lives? Who instigated that unnecessary waste of lives due to his ineptitude and clueless leadership?

Who has been held accountable for the destruction of lives and properties in the North? And yet we claim we have a caring president in this country?!

Who has been held accountable for the loss of lives in Rivers when Patience Jonathan was distributing bags of rice and she unleashed her security operatives to be flogging Nigerians like goats which resulted into fatal calamities?

When Henry Okah (a well known arms dealer and militant for MEND) now says Jonathan masterminded October 1 bombing, who do we believe? Jonathan or Henry?

You have a functional brain, please use it.
Re: Jonathan Masterminded October 1 Bombing - Okah Insists by thelastPope(m): 11:07am On Jul 11, 2013
The sole purpose of this thread is to put up a thread to insult GEJ and distract from the mess of APC in the last few days including

The overbearing foolishness of Tinubu

The blunder of the ACN house of reps members

The bashing they took from the failed thread where they tried to ridicule GEJ on his China trip.

They are liars, deceivers and jobless sycophants. Nothing more...and empty vessels to boot!
Re: Jonathan Masterminded October 1 Bombing - Okah Insists by Umaekpe: 11:07am On Jul 11, 2013
lakpa lakpa: The blood of those spilled by GEJ will haunt him and his obese wife and children to their graves..

cool
my dear why do u people always allowed to b brainwashed by d people who dnt wnt Nigeria to stand,dis case has been closed & d offender has also convicted,so why do we always follow false information,my dear u ar matured enough pls dnt allow urself to b used secondly becos d first one might b a mistake,let us value wat we have & also give kudos to whom ever dat is doing well,dis tussilin will not take us any where:buhari & co, unestly don't mean well for dis country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Silverbird Cinemas Opens At Jabi Lake Mall / Ambode Shuns Lagos Assembly Probe Panel / Rochas Okorocha Dances To Celebrate His Daughter's Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.