Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,286 members, 7,867,757 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:51 PM

The Lies And Deceit Of Pro-amechi Lawmakers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Lies And Deceit Of Pro-amechi Lawmakers (1105 Views)

Jonathan's Appoinment: Countering The Deceit Of Some Northern Element / Remy Tinubu Snubs Saraki At Swearing-in Of Pro-Lawan Senators - TheCable / Incompetence, Nonchallance And Deceit Of Buhari's Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Lies And Deceit Of Pro-amechi Lawmakers by ezeigbouchecom: 1:27am On Jul 11, 2013
The crisis rocking Rivers state took an ugly dimension yesterday when lawmakers royal to Gov chibuike Amechi clashed with those loyal to minister of state for education Nyesom Wike. It has being accusations and counter accusation since the ugly incident took place, with ordinary people like you and i trying to make sense out of the whole nonsense. But there is something i personally observed in this whole drama; it was alleged that Hon. Chidi Lloyd was attacked, injured and rushed to the hospital but from the pictures bellow, he seems to be the one attacking everybody. Or am i missing something?

Re: The Lies And Deceit Of Pro-amechi Lawmakers by iykofias(m): 7:01am On Jul 11, 2013
Animalitic thread!!!! Jobless youth!
Re: The Lies And Deceit Of Pro-amechi Lawmakers by biafransoul: 8:08am On Jul 11, 2013
LOL..... See that clown being hospitalized for insanity. how come the press has not shown us the video and pics of their darling (Amaechi) in the house of assembly? Have they been compromised as usual? What is the main reason why Amaechi wants Cp Mbu out by all means? At least the world can see his ADC kicking an elected lawmaker.
So many questions unanswered?
Re: The Lies And Deceit Of Pro-amechi Lawmakers by manuch(m): 8:12am On Jul 11, 2013
who told you its his ADC.
Re: The Lies And Deceit Of Pro-amechi Lawmakers by kingblosky: 8:16am On Jul 11, 2013
Have you even seen any Rivers youth protesting for Amaechi ?. He is on his own @ d moment and its very clear Rivers people don't like him. He knows this time around; even if he survives this one; he would come out seriously bruised and bloodied. Forget all the nonsense you read in the papers .. Amaechi has used Rivers money to compromise the press; and the National Assembly. Even Channels TV, I am disappionted . We all saw the stupid videos that were shown; they just had to show something and still there was no way they could lie that Ameachi wasn't present. The Press were given monies to edit the videos and remove Amaechi's visual. We all saw how he over saw the beating of lawmakers who had a right to impeach the speaker. Amaechi knew the speaker was to be impeached on that day not by the five as claimed in the press. There were over 18 Law makers present when the impeachment happened but the press ignored all that because Amaechi gave them money. What was his business there ?. If Jonathan rushes down to the Senate to stop the impeachment of Mark; and his ADC beats up Senator Smart Adeyemi ; I wonder ACN's and CPC's reaction. They broke people's head; and still took this same pressmen to the hospital to video and take pictures of them as victims. These daft pressmen followed like mumu. how can five beat up 27 ?. We saw how his ADC was attempting murder and the ACN is on his side? Just see what he wants to be using the police commissioner for . Amaechi is angry with the commissioner not because he is not working but because Mbu has decided to be neutral and he's not playing along with his dictatorial plans. But this same Amaechi has unconstitutionally suspended elected local government chairmen who were also elected like him. If Jonathan removes Amaechi; would it then be justified ?. What is good for the Jew ; is good for Uganda. All frog eyed Tinubu and Aliyu Babangida wants to know is that he is NGF Chairman ( The enemy of my enemy is my friend ). Rotimi; you now belong to ACN; PDP say they don't want you. How can people in Lagos who know nothing about what is happening on ground be more worried and concerned than Rivers people who are saying it serves him right?. You get your info from newspapers and APC conspiracy theorist ;does that not show you d press have been compromised and Amaechi's money in Lai Mohammed's bank account ?. We are on ground and in the politics of Rivers; Amaechi has no political base because of his arrogance and got to this position with Wike's Political machinery. Rivers people are arrogant and no send am and won't follow him. Wike is the Oga on top at the moment and everybody knows that. Amaechi is UNDEMOCRATIC and should be dealt with UNDEMOCRATICALLY. STOP TAKING PANADOL FOR RIVERS PEOPLES HEADACHE AND STOP FORCING AMAECHI ON US. HE IS OYO ( ON YOUR OWN ).

1 Like

Re: The Lies And Deceit Of Pro-amechi Lawmakers by abagoro(m): 8:21am On Jul 11, 2013
biafran soul: LOL..... See that clown being hospitalized for insanity. how come the press has not shown us the video and pics of their darling (Amaechi) in the house of assembly? Have they been compromised as usual? What is the main reason why Amaechi wants Cp Mbu out by all means? At least the world can see his ADC kicking an elected lawmaker.
So many questions unanswered?

You guys know nothing about what happened and seem too hasty in judgement. Lloyd was on a revenge mission. Chinda first hit him earlier with thugs and Police but when Amaechi arrived with soldiers he took his vengeance. Are you aware that Bipi personally damaged the Governors vehicle and Amaechi told his security not to touch him?
Re: The Lies And Deceit Of Pro-amechi Lawmakers by mgbeketoto: 8:24am On Jul 11, 2013
Animals in human skin 'law-makers'! grin
Re: The Lies And Deceit Of Pro-amechi Lawmakers by abagoro(m): 8:28am On Jul 11, 2013
The Rivers assembly has 32 members and before Monday’s sitting, 27 had declared loyalty for Gov. Chibuike Amaechi, while 5 had been strongly opposed. Today’s sitting was convened to receive presentation by the state governor on amendments to the 2013 budget. The House was also reportedly supposed to pass a vote of no confidence on the state commissioner of police, Mbu Joseph.
Eight members of the House were present earlier in the day, including Otelemaba Amachree, the speaker; and Chidi Lloyd, the House leader. The five lawmakers opposed to the governor were also present.
During the exchange of pleasantries, trouble started when Michael Chinda went close to Chidi Lloyd and the two lawmakers reportedly exchanged words leading to Chinda punching Lloyd. Cameras in the assembly which beamed to the offices showed that Chidi Lloyd was repeatedly punched by Evans and the tripod used to mount a camera was also used freely on him, but he did not retaliate, at least initially.
When the three pro-Amaechi lawmakers, saw that they were overpowered in the House, they fled the premises. Meanwhile some thugs came into the chambers and were reportedly asking, “Where is the speaker? Where is the speaker?” By then the speaker, as well as Lloyd (who sustained some injuries) and the third pro-Amaechi lawmaker Azubuike Njoku, had left the chambers.
Lloyd told journalists reportedly from a sick bed that “Hon Evans Bipi came to me in full glare and rained punches on me. As his leader, I didn’t respond. Then he reached for the tripod and used it freely on me together with Hon. Chinda.”

Shortly afterwards, Kelechi Wogu brought out a mace (not the usual House mace, said an eyewitness) and Evans Bipi was made speaker pro tempore to superintend over the sitting. Immediately the sitting began, Hon. Martins Amaehule moved a motion for the impeachment of the speaker for ineptitude. It was carried by the five members allegedly present.
Shortly afterwards, Hon. Michael Chinda nominated Evans Bipi as speaker. His motion was carried by the five present and they immediately addressed the press, with Bipi thanking Rivers people for their solidarity and assuring them that henceforth there will be robust representation by the assembly.
But that was not the end of the matter.
The three lawmakers had gone to regroup and came back to the assembly together with other members of the assembly loyal to the governor. The governor also came along with them. At this time, the governor had called for protection from soldiers, even though Hon. Chidi Lloyd had written through the clerk of the House to the police commissioner for the intervention of the police. The police headquarters is situated just opposite the state assembly complex in Moscow Road, Port Harcourt.
The commissioner of police, Mbu Joseph, addressed the press this afternoon and confirmed that Hon. Lloyd had indeed requested the intervention of the police, and wondered why people were accusing the police of giving protection to the anti-Amaechi group when it was Lloyd who called for the police.
Mbu however said that when his men arrived, the assembly complex had been cordoned off by soldiers. He said, “Then the governor called me and said he was coming to the assembly and he complained that there was no police cover in the complex. Then I told him ‘but you have filled everywhere with security men from other places.’ Shortly after I heard a convoy approaching and saw the governor entering the complex through my window. Later I was told he was there while serious fighting was going on in the complex, and later he came out.”
The serious fighting which the commissioner spoke about, occurred when the governor arrived and there was a free for all between legislators loyal to both the pro and the anti Amaechi legislators as well as thugs in the complex. Assembly staff were ordered to vacate. One of the workers who spoke with The Scoop said, “We had to run for our lives. Thugs have taken over.”
Inside the complex, there was serious fighting. Chidi Lloyd who was earlier the victim, turned to an aggressor. He was caught on camera hitting Kelechi Wogu with the mace and chasing him through the hallowed chambers. The complex was a mess as computers, microphones and other items were vandalised by the legislators, soldiers and thugs.
After the fight, the 27 lawmakers loyal to the governor sat and the deputy governor, Tele Ikuru, of the state came and presented an amendment to the state’s 2013 budget, after which the House adjourned indefinitely. By this time, the governor had left the assembly. The deputy governor claimed in a statement that as he left the complex, thugs attacked and vandalised vehicles in his convoy. The Scoop cannot verify this.
Meanwhile, Evans Bipi, who was elected as speaker by his faction, has claimed that 15 members of the assembly voted for the impeachment of the speaker. Now, by law, 11 members must be present before a quorum can be formed for a sitting. Some eyewitnesses told The Scoop that only 8 members were present, which decreased to 5 after the first clash. However Bipi claimed that there were 25 members present, out of which 15 voted for the impeachment of the speaker.
Even if the claims of Bipi are accepted, Section 92, subsection 2(c) of the constitution says that, “The speaker or deputy speaker of the House of Assembly shall vacate his office if he is removed from office by a resolution of House of Assembly by votes of not less than two-third majority of members of the House.”
Since the Rivers assembly comprises of 32 members, it means that the impeachment of Otelemaba Dan Amachree as speaker could have only been possible with the support of 22 members, which is two-third. Bipi claimed that he got 15, which falls short of 22 by 7 members.
Meanwhile the Rivers state executive of the PDP led by Obuah has congratulated Evans Bipi over his emergence as speaker; while a faction led by the ousted chairman, G. U Ake has debunked news that Bipi is the new speaker, insisting that Amachree remains speaker.
Editor’s Note: An earlier version of this piece described Evans Bipi as a brother of the first lady. It has now been corrected. Bipi is a townsman but is not related to the first lady.
Re: The Lies And Deceit Of Pro-amechi Lawmakers by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 11, 2013
Let's start from the beginning.

- Any plenary session must be chaired by the speaker or his deputy, is any of the 5 anti-amaechi lawamakers occupying that seat ?

- They came to the house to pursue the 27 pro-amaechi lawmakers with the help of the police,On whose order ?

- They needed 2/3 of 32 to impeach the speaker,Is 5 the two third of 32 ?

- Why did it take so long to take decision of the commissioner of police who was antagonist to Amaechi when they are supposed to have a close working relationship ?

- Why did the commissioner of Police invade the state government premise and start shooting sporadically ?

- isn't that a state coup ?

- Is it constitutional for 5 people to impeach the speaker when they didn't meet the required two third needed ?
Re: The Lies And Deceit Of Pro-amechi Lawmakers by thelastPope(m): 8:34am On Jul 11, 2013
Hmmmm. I said a lot will soon be revealed!
Re: The Lies And Deceit Of Pro-amechi Lawmakers by biafransoul: 8:45am On Jul 11, 2013
abagoro:

You guys know nothing about what happened and seem too hasty in judgement. Lloyd was on a revenge mission. Chinda first hit him earlier with thugs and Police but when Amaechi arrived with soldiers he took his vengeance. Are you aware that Bipi personally damaged the Governors vehicle and Amaechi told his security not to touch him?

What was the mission of Amaechi invading the complex of another arm of govt with police, soldiers and thugs? And if I may ask; Why was the video and pics of Amaechi invading the premises of the state house of assembly edited off by the compromised press? So, without the invasion of the assembly by a supposedly state governor, the mysterious 27 pro-Amaechi legislators couldn't overpower 5 anti-Amaechi lawmakers? how many lawmakers really sat to impeach Amachree?

2 Likes

Re: The Lies And Deceit Of Pro-amechi Lawmakers by kingblosky: 8:48am On Jul 11, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Let's start from the beginning.

- Any plenary session must be chaired by the speaker or his deputy, is any of the 5 anti-amaechi lawamakers occupying that seat ?

- They came to the house to pursue the 27 pro-amaechi lawmakers with the help of the police,On whose order ?

- They needed 2/3 of 32 to impeach the speaker,Is 5 the two third of 32 ?

- Why did it take so long to take decision of the commissioner of police who was antagonist to Amaechi when they are supposed to have a close working relationship ?

- Why did the commissioner of Police invade the state government premise and start shooting sporadically ?

- isn't that a state coup ?

- Is it constitutional for 5 people to impeach the speaker when they didn't meet the required two third needed ?

Oga, the constitution says you need to belong to a political party to be elected to political office . As it stands where do the assembly men belong ?. Is Amaechi an ACN member ?. The PDP say e don do we don't want you. I leave it to the courts to decide but as at today and tomorrow, weda 16/19, 5/27 or 2/3; Evans Bipi is the speaker of the RSHA.
Re: The Lies And Deceit Of Pro-amechi Lawmakers by emekatimsu(m): 8:53am On Jul 11, 2013
abagoro:

Will you repeat all you just vommited put in the court of law? I really hope you were present when he damanged the car?
Re: The Lies And Deceit Of Pro-amechi Lawmakers by abagoro(m): 8:55am On Jul 11, 2013
biafran soul:

What was the mission of Amaechi invading the complex of another arm of govt with police, soldiers and thugs? And if I may ask; Why was the video and pics of Amaechi invading the premises of the state house of assembly edited off by the compromised press? So, without the invasion of the assembly by a supposedly state governor, the mysterious 27 pro-Amaechi legislators couldn't overpower 5 anti-Amaechi lawmakers? how many lawmakers really sat to impeach Amachree?

The Police was in support of anti-Amaechi as well as hired thugs but Amaechi had to use the military. Why do you think the Army has been withdrawn? Any way your moniker already gave you away as a tout.
Re: The Lies And Deceit Of Pro-amechi Lawmakers by Deprofessional(m): 8:59am On Jul 11, 2013
Honestly Governor Amaechi has not been able to handle this whole incidence the way I had wanted him to even after my advice to him.

During my school days I had a problem with one of my lecturers on issues that bordered on principle. I was so sure that my lecturer was wrong. The problem became so open that another lecturer from a different department called me into his office and made one statement. He said, 'a good soldier is a person who fights and lives to fight again'. I left his office, went straight to my room, and pondered on what this lecturer said.

I understood the message and a word, they said is enough for the wise. I soft pedaled, created window for reconciliation and the matter died. I graduated in record time.

Amaechi, no matter how powerful he is can never win a fight against GEJ. Not when he is still the President of this country. Amaechi is dancing 'surugede' without knowing that it is the dance of the spirit.

Amaechi is being deceived by opposition party and the North.

Let see how this ends. But honestly, Amaechi will be at the loosing end. But again their is still time to make amends.

2 Likes

Re: The Lies And Deceit Of Pro-amechi Lawmakers by abagoro(m): 9:08am On Jul 11, 2013
Deprofessional: Honestly Governor Amaechi has not been able to handle this whole incidence the way I had wanted him to even after my advice to him.

During my school days I had a problem with one of my lecturers on issues that bordered on principle. I was so sure that my lecturer was wrong. The problem became so open that another lecturer from a different department called me into his office and made one statement. He said, 'a good soldier is a person who fights and lives to fight again'. I left his office, went straight to my room, and pondered on what this lecturer said.

I understood the message and a word, they said is enough for the wise. I soft pedaled, created window for reconciliation and the matter died. I graduated in record time.

Amaechi, no matter how powerful he is can never win a fight against GEJ. Not when he is still the President of this country. Amaechi is dancing 'surugede' without knowing that it is the dance of the spirit.

Let see how this ends. But honestly, Amaechi will be at the loosing end. But again their is still time to make amends.

Amaechi is not fighting Jonathan. Amaechi is defending himself against Jonathan and his wife.
Re: The Lies And Deceit Of Pro-amechi Lawmakers by captainbraide: 9:24am On Jul 11, 2013
You dont even know what you are saying.Even if Amaechi goes to the law court.He is still fighting to defend himself
abagoro:

Amaechi is not fighting Jonathan. Amaechi is defending himself against Jonathan and his wife.

1 Like

Re: The Lies And Deceit Of Pro-amechi Lawmakers by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 11, 2013
Deprofessional: [s]Honestly Governor Amaechi has not been able to handle this whole incidence the way I had wanted him to even after my advice to him.

Let see how this ends. But honestly, Amaechi will be at the loosing end. But again their is still time to make amends.[/s]

Nonsense

I'm just amazed when mo'r'ons seek for democracy in Nigeria yet posses military mentality when it comes to issues between the federal government and the federating units. There is separation of power between Jonathan's office and Amaechi's office and stop reasoning about personality here.This kind of rubbish talk can only come from a Nigerian who believes that the president will use the instruments of oppression at his disposal to deal with any governor that messes with him and you claim Nigeria is practising democracy ?
Re: The Lies And Deceit Of Pro-amechi Lawmakers by dridowu: 9:47am On Jul 11, 2013
biafran soul:

how do u know d video was edited, have u watched d video dat has amaechi in it, if yes , kindly upload it so dat we all can c d video .
Ome thing is certain, their is presence of thugs , who hired the thugs is the main question ? Our politician are thug themselves, imagine d way d lawmaker in white beat the hell out of d oda guy. I pity my Nigeria, we vote them , we need to them out
let us vote responsible leader, not padipadi leader
Re: The Lies And Deceit Of Pro-amechi Lawmakers by sluvy4tune(m): 9:48am On Jul 11, 2013
kingblosky:

Oga, the constitution says you need to belong to a political party to be elected to political office . As it stands where do the assembly men belong ?. Is Amaechi an ACN member ?. The PDP say e don do we don't want you. I leave it to the courts to decide but as at today and tomorrow, weda 16/19, 5/27 or 2/3; Evans Bipi is the speaker of the RSHA.

When you say things like this i wonder if you ever cross the four wall of a secondary school ? so if the 27 pro amaechi legislator were suspended by pdp does that mean they cease to be an elected officials ? does that mean they cant go about their legislative duties ? Even Amaechi that is suspended by the NWC of pdp does that stop him from been the Governor of Rivers state ? I wonder how most people reason..Stop tarnishing your image on social media cuz of sentiments and personal interest...
Re: The Lies And Deceit Of Pro-amechi Lawmakers by Rhino5dm: 9:59am On Jul 11, 2013
abagoro:

Stop yielding to these internet mongrels. The 5 lawmakers came in with thugs and truck load of police headed by the police commissioner to organize a kangaroo sitting and remove the speaker. Chidi Lloyd interrupted and Chinda attacked him and injured him with the public address system while the police seat back and watched the incident, of course you don't expect them to do anything cos they are also part of the script handed by Patience Jonathan.

During the Chaos, Ameachi learnt about the movie, he quickly mobilized the military guys stationed in front of government house and moved in. On sighting the governor, Chidi Lloyd took advantage of the military guys presence and went in for a revenge mission by cornering Chida with a mace. He actually wanted to kill him(from a close reliable source)

Why do you think the PRESIDENCY ORDERED for the immediate removal of the military guys stationed in front of rivers state government house?

http://mobile.saharareporters.com/news-page/jtf-soldiers-armored-cars-withdrawn-rivers-governors-lodge

The fact is that the military guys were the ones that saved amaechi, cos the plan was for him to be impeached by Bipi(Patience Jonathan's junior brother) i.e. the supposedly new speaker of the house.
Re: The Lies And Deceit Of Pro-amechi Lawmakers by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 11, 2013
I think the foolish soldiers that went with Amaechi to the House will be court-marshalled and dealt with, and the Brigade Commander is definitely in hot soup. Who authorised such nonsense? How dare the bloody rat Amaechi use the military - whose very Commander-in-Chief he is openly engaged in a needless battle against - to advance his own political goals?

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Obi Launches Indigent Adult Welfare Scheme / Youth Corper Dies In Fatal Car Accident On His Way To POP(PHOTO) / My View On Corruption In Nigeria And Reply To OBJ Against GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.