Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,819 members, 7,810,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

Incompetence, Nonchallance And Deceit Of Buhari's Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Incompetence, Nonchallance And Deceit Of Buhari's Presidency (12752 Views)

Fayose: Looters In Buhari's Presidency Burying Their Loot In Aso Villa / Jonathan's Appoinment: Countering The Deceit Of Some Northern Element / People That May Shape Buhari’s Presidency-Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Incompetence, Nonchallance And Deceit Of Buhari's Presidency by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 30, 2015
Let me start by congratulating President Muhammadu Buhari on his historic inauguration. That said, it is patriotic to call the President to order. As the President elect, Muhammadu Buhari shocked the world by insulting the sensibilities of Nigerians with respect to the Chibok girls. Just hours after his inauguration, the President showed in action that he's incompetent in his responsibilities and he again has insulted our collective responsibilities.

1. On May 29, 2015 just hours after his inauguration, there was an incident of Boko Haram attack in Maiduguri, Borno state which killed nine Nigerians. The attack threw a section of the country into grief and mourning, itwas widely reported inn the press. Despite the publicity of the attack, the President refused to issue any statement to condole the bereaved all through May 29. Rather, he was busy eating and drinking in "celebration" of his new position. This is the same man that "pledged" to lead from the front on February 25, 2015
“I pledge, as Commander-in-Chief, to lead from the front and not behind in the comfort and security of Aso Rock, to boost the morale of fighting forces and the generality of all Nigerians,”

Rather than lead from the "front", President Buhari had to wait for another attack in the same Maiduguri on May 30 before releasing statement.

2. Part of the pledge made by President Buhari during the electioneering period was public asset declaration. In the words of Buhari...
“I pledge to publicly declare my assets and liabilities, encourage all my appointees to publicity declare their assets and liabilities as a pre-condition for appointment.

It was surprising however, that rather than public declaration of asset as promised, President Buhari and his vice followed the step of others by doing "secret" declaration with the code of conduct bureau. I find this insulting on the collective intelligence of Nigerians.

For avoidance of doubt, public declaration of asset is when an individual or entity disclose details of all their asset to the public beyond the mandatory CCB provision as was done by late Yaradua.

3. Few days after being declared President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari claimed that he never promised to bringbackchibokgirls. Now that he has been inaugurated, I believe it is patriotic to tell Mr President that not only is it his responsibility to BringTheGirls back, but it was part of his 100 Days pledge...
"I pledge to ensure that under my watch, no force, external or internal, will occupy even an inch of Nigerian soil. I will give all it takes to ensure that our girls that were kidnapped from Chibok are rescued and reunited with their families."

Earlier before the pledge was reported, Buhari was quoted by PUNCH on February 20, 2015 in which he specifically promised to bring back our girls.
“they are widows and orphans of the military, paramilitary, civilians and parents or the Chibok girls.
“My government shall act decisively on any actionable intelligence to #BringBack Our Girls.”

President Buhari should understand that Nigerians are determined to hold his administration accountable. He should understand that we are not as gullible as he's been made to believe.

May God Bless Nigeria

59 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Incompetence, Nonchallance And Deceit Of Buhari's Presidency by Nobody: 10:05pm On May 30, 2015
Resource: news.yahoo.com/boko-haram-attack-nigerias-maiduguri-city-kills-11-142745459.html
www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/184038-boko-haram-militants-fire-grenades-into-maiduguri-kill-7.html
www.politicong.com/2015/03/16/buhari-declares-contract-with-nigeria-vows-public-declaration-of-assets-says-he-wont-award-contracts/2015

Cc: Ecoterrors, Truckpusher, Dearpreye, Whynotthetruth, Anonomi, Mogidi, Firefire, Severussnape, Altwireless, Mzmycoli

5 Likes

Re: Incompetence, Nonchallance And Deceit Of Buhari's Presidency by chiefinalowo: 10:05pm On May 30, 2015
Whoever wants Buhari/Yemi to fail will not be remembered for good things throughout the first four years of this administration
Whoever says Buhari/Yemi fail, failure will follow that person for the next four years.
An ethnic group that wants Buhari/Yemi to fail just because they are Hausa/Yoruba will never experience peace throughout the first four years in Jesus name.

The Christian Holy book says; I will curse whoever curse you. That means curse will follow anyone from any ethnic group that wants Buhari/Yemi to fail.whileall other ethnic groups are saying lifting up, they will be singing casting down.
Any ethnic group that wants Buahri/Yemi to fail will have all her children scattered all over the world in Jesus name.

Enough is enough, Nigerians have suffered enough.
We all need to support them and be optimistic that things will be better.

Emi ari temi se ninu Ijoba Buhari/Yemi yii.

88 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Incompetence, Nonchallance And Deceit Of Buhari's Presidency by HungerBAD: 10:06pm On May 30, 2015
Barcanista.

If you and your cohorts say buhari's pot of water will not boil to make Eba, you and your fellow travelers will not even see water to fetch.

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Incompetence, Nonchallance And Deceit Of Buhari's Presidency by Samchelsea(m): 10:07pm On May 30, 2015
Let the scrutiny start....
Message to buhari: perform or be BOOTED OUT!!!

20 Likes

Re: Incompetence, Nonchallance And Deceit Of Buhari's Presidency by Firefire(m): 10:08pm On May 30, 2015
I hope this secret declaration would not be taken as "PUBLIC DECLARATION"

We are waiting for a rejoinder from APC or the Presidency.

President Buhari is not the first to make public his entire asset.
[size=18pt]

Late Yar Adua makes public his assets declaration
[/size]

June 29, 2007/ Guardian:

Late Umaru Musa Yar\'Adua made public \"photocopies of his duly and honestly completed assets declaration form.\" The gesture was the first by any of Nigeria\'s helmsmen since independence in 1960. According to the details released to journalists by the Special Adviser to the President (Communications), Mr. Segun Adeniyi, Yar\'Adua has a total assets value of N856, 452,892.

- These include a total of N19 million owned by the First Lady, Turai.

- His total liabilities being outstanding loans secured with the Unity Bank Plc, Imani Estate branch, Maitama,Abuja, is put at N88,793,269.77

- The President\'s assets include remunerations, savings, campaigns, post-campaign contributions, buildings and vacant plots of land, farms and orchard, cash at hand and vehicles. The President disclosed that he has no foreign account or assets.

- The bulk of his assets were listed under the remunerations, savings, campaigns, post campaign contributions and 29 campaign vehicles located in Katsina, his home state andAbuja .

- All the assets are as they stood as at yesterday, 28 June 2007.

- The total yearly income is put at N18.7 million, while his wife has a total yearly income of N132,000.

The release of the documents, Adeniyi said, is consistent with the President\'s campaign pledge. Yar\'Adua gave assurance that he would work with the leadership of the National Assembly \"to see what can be done to make assets declaration an effective weapon in the fight against corruption and abuse of office.\

" Adeniyi said that the President released the documents in spite of the contrary advice of the Code of Conduct Bureau. \"The President notified the Bureau of his intention to make the form available to the public in fulfilment of his campaign pledge, which was borne out of his conviction that the war against corruption cannot have meaning until those at the helms of affairs begin to live by example.

The Bureau, while appreciating the noble intention of the President, counselled against the move on the grounds that such an action from the number one citizen would put pressure on other categories of public officers to do same, even when the constitution makes the exercise a confidential matter.

- A breakdown of the assets declaration shows that Yar\'Adua has a total of[b] N43,702,892.43 [/b] as cash at bank, being remuneration, savings, campaign and post-campaign contributions lodged with the Bank PHB.

Details show that while a total of N26,602,681.00 stands as credit at the Bank PHB, Nagogo Road , KatsinaState branch; N12,000,264.21 is in the Apapa, LagosState branch of the same bank.

- Also, a total of N4,999,947.22 is at the head office of the bank in Kaduna.

- The President declared N7.5 million as cash in hand. This was derived from savings, campaign and post-campaign contributions. The President declared a total of N88,793,269.77 as his liabilities, being cash in Nigerian banks as loans and debit at the Imani Estate, Maitama, Abuja branch of Unity Bank Plc (formerly Intercity Bank).

http://www.proshareng.com/news/2554/Yar-Adua-makes-public-his-assets-declaration
Cc: jorlons

14 Likes

Re: Incompetence, Nonchallance And Deceit Of Buhari's Presidency by YoruBanger: 10:09pm On May 30, 2015

11 Likes

Re: Incompetence, Nonchallance And Deceit Of Buhari's Presidency by Firefire(m): 10:09pm On May 30, 2015
HungerBAD:
Barcanista.

If you and your cohorts say buhari's pot of water will not boil to make Eba, you and your fellow travelers will not even see water to fetch.

PUBLIC ASSET DECLARATION is the topic sir!

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Incompetence, Nonchallance And Deceit Of Buhari's Presidency by AhmedMustapha(m): 10:10pm On May 30, 2015
This opposition is looking good but can never be too good to oppose PMB

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Incompetence, Nonchallance And Deceit Of Buhari's Presidency by remsonik(f): 10:10pm On May 30, 2015
You have no right to call buhari's government incompetent, nonchalant, deceitful. Buhari has taken a decision you GEJ couldn't think of in 4 years.

Did you listen to his inaugural speech yesterday? Of course he acknowledged the chibok girls and showed commitment to bringing them back and others BH has abducted.
When the news of chibok girls kidnap broke your GEJ went to dance in Kaduna and it took him 3 weeks to acknowledge that the girls were truly kidnapped.
Has GEJ not confessed that he's not cut out for politics.
As to buhari's asset he hasn't addressed the nation yet. This man has only been president for less than 48 hours. I believe he will tell Nigerians that. All we have now are mere speculations.
Then we all now the kind of humble and modest lifestyle buhari lives........

Barcanista I thought you said you have nothing against buhari,so why attacking his person now?
Stop wishing buhari to fail. You guys are desperately wanting to see buhari fail. No he won't fail.

Be sincere to your conscience, you decided to join the opposition to be acceptable to your kinsmen as its a taboo in your place to support development.
That said we appreciate your times with us as you were one of those who really paved the ground for buhari on social media.

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Incompetence, Nonchallance And Deceit Of Buhari's Presidency by socialmediaman: 10:10pm On May 30, 2015
@Barcanista spend your time on more useful research, people like you are into energy, health, technology research etc, and you spend time making mischief. Your Fire is burning out fast man, just know that the game hasn't even started yet.

30 Likes

Re: Incompetence, Nonchallance And Deceit Of Buhari's Presidency by Diffdeef(m): 10:11pm On May 30, 2015
These guys playing the opposition part need to get serious,because all I've been seeing are jokes.

Jokes like "buhari it has been 24hrs you assumed power yet no light etc. Lol.

I'm just glad all this rubbish ends here on nairaland.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Incompetence, Nonchallance And Deceit Of Buhari's Presidency by Nobody: 10:11pm On May 30, 2015
take a chill pill man. at this rate, you would soon burn out before the main party even begins.

26 Likes

Re: Incompetence, Nonchallance And Deceit Of Buhari's Presidency by temitemi1(m): 10:11pm On May 30, 2015
Buhari is a scam! GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Incompetence, Nonchallance And Deceit Of Buhari's Presidency by dunkem21(m): 10:12pm On May 30, 2015
The truth is bitter ..I wonder what Lai Mohammed would have penned down if GEJ lied publicly.

Buhari lied to Nigerians about his mode of asset declarations and we see some people provide spins and cover the president.

My problem with the APC is the manner they treated the ex-president and family with all sorts of unprintable names ..clueless, retardeen, drunkard ..name them .. ..shepopo ..even when they did nothing.

It's pathetic that the APC in their quest to wrestle power, denigrated the office of the president by attacking violently any decision emanating from his office ..of course, public declaration of assets is one of them.

Our upbringing won't allow us to insult our seniors let alone a whole president but the king must be told the truth even if we put a basket on our face ..its for our good.

Though you lied, PMB, you have my best wishes.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Incompetence, Nonchallance And Deceit Of Buhari's Presidency by Nobody: 10:12pm On May 30, 2015
chiefinalowo:
Whoever wants Buhari/Yemi to fail will not be remembered for good things throughout the first four years of this administration
Whoever says Buhari/Yemi fail, failure will follow that person for the next four years.
An ethnic group that wants Buhari/Yemi to fail just because they are Hausa/Yoruba will never experience peace throughout the first four years in Jesus name.

The Christian Holy book says; I will curse whoever curse you. That means curse will follow anyone from any ethnic group that wants Buhari/Yemi to fail.whileall other ethnic groups are saying lifting up, they will be singing casting down.
Any ethnic group that wants Buahri/Yemi to fail will have all her children scattered all over the world in Jesus name.

Enough is enough, Nigerians have suffered enough.
We all need to support them and be optimistic that things will be better.

Emi ari temi se ninu Ijoba Buhari/Yemi yii.
Very unnecessary epistle. Where in the original write-up did you see failure wish? Should we all keep quiet?

30 Likes

Re: Incompetence, Nonchallance And Deceit Of Buhari's Presidency by Dannyset(m): 10:12pm On May 30, 2015
Whoever want Buhari The President of Nigeria to fail will fail in his stead. Amen!
Whoever is pained should go check the statistics of those that has died from High BP.

22 Likes

Re: Incompetence, Nonchallance And Deceit Of Buhari's Presidency by donphilopus: 10:14pm On May 30, 2015
The OP of a guy would never stop being a hypocrite. You're talking about assets declaration being made public when it's barely 24hrs that he was sworn-in. If you don't know, it took the late President Yar'adua over a month before he made his assets declaration Public. If I'm not mistaken, he declared his assets 'publicly' around 29th of June 2007 (that was a month after he was inaugurated). Link>>>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6252442.stm Just a day after Buhari was inaugurated, you're expecting him to have made his assets declaration 'public'. Is that not hypocrisy?!

Secondly, for you to tell us that it's Buhari's responsibility to bring the Chibok Girls before his 1st 100days in Office, then I would say you're hallucinating. If Jonathan could spend 14months as C-I-C without any rescue, then if Buhari's Government should rescue them before the end of this 2015, he must be commended. I would like you to also provide a youtube link to where he said he would bring back the girls. Note and know this, Buhari 'must' not bring back the girls before his 1st 100days.

Thirdly, can you pls let us know the exact time the bomb blast occurred in Maiduguri yesterday?! When Buhari left his guests to attend jumaat Prayers, what did TANoids like you say? Didn't most of you say he shouldn't have left his guests?! If he had issued a statement from there on the Maiduguri attack, wouldn't y'all have said it was wrong for him to issue that statement from there?

Lastly, you guys have problem. If this' how PDP-opposition would look like, then President Buhari has nothing to fear because he would 'smoothly' govern us till 2023. Una no just know how to criticise!!!

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Incompetence, Nonchallance And Deceit Of Buhari's Presidency by Nobody: 10:15pm On May 30, 2015
donphilopus:
The OP of a guy would never stop being a hypocrite. You're talking about assets declaration being made public when it's barely 24hrs that he was sworn-in. If you don't know, it took the late President Yar'adua over a month before he made his assets declaration Public. If I'm not mistaken, he declared his assets 'publicly' around 29th of June 2007 (that was a month after he was inaugurated). Link>>>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6252442.stm Just a day after Buhari was inaugurated, you're expecting him to have made his assets declaration 'public'. Is that not hypocrisy?!

Secondly, for you to tell us that it's Buhari's responsibility to bring the Chibok Girls before his 1st 100days in Office, then I would say you're hallucinating. If Jonathan could spend 14months as C-I-C without any rescue, then if Buhari's Government should rescue them before the end of this 2015, he must be commended. I would like you to also provide a youtube link to where he said he would bring back the girls. Note and know this, Buhari 'must' not bring back the girls before his 1st 100days.

Thirdly, can you pls let us know the exact time the bomb blast occurred in Maiduguri yesterday?! When Buhari left his guests to attend jumaat Prayers, what did TANoids like you say? Didn't most of you say he shouldn't have left his guests?! If he had issued a statement from there on the Maiduguri attack, wouldn't y'all have said it was wrong for him to issue that statement from there?

Lastly, you guys have problem. If this' how PDP-opposition would look like, then President Buhari has nothing to fear because he would 'smoothly' govern us till 2023. Una no just know how to criticise!!!
Firstly, Yaradua did not even promised public asset declaration. He did it after he was elected and sworn in. Nobody even thought that he would do it. Buhari made a vow and said "He will declare his asset publicly". People were so expectant of him, but he had other plans and yes, he did it in secret. Stop comparing him with Musa

2. You were in limbo when Buhari LIED that he never made any statement to bring back chibok girls? Read that part again....
Do you need his quote?

3. It is irrespnsible to party when a misfortune befalls your country. What is my business with Buhari going to mosque? That is his personal affair. He can even go to shrine if he likes. What is more important than sympathising with your citizens? 24 hours passed the President said nothing but he had time for post-inauguration party and gala night in Asorock. You seem not to understand the business of governance.

Pls don't quote me on this issue again because I'm not ready for a back and forth with you

17 Likes

Re: Incompetence, Nonchallance And Deceit Of Buhari's Presidency by acenazt: 10:16pm On May 30, 2015
Tanoids ranting after just 24 hours I piety una. Sha incase una catch Hypertension my chemist dey sell Moduretic, Nephedipine aldometh.

13 Likes

Re: Incompetence, Nonchallance And Deceit Of Buhari's Presidency by Truckpusher(m): 10:17pm On May 30, 2015
The APC mantra of change has been nothing but another dummy sold to the helpless Nigerian populace who have always been bamboozled, divided and polarized along ethnicity,region and religion.Mark my words today ,even if Buhari doesn't add any single change to the already existing transformation agenda that Dr Goodluck Ebelemi Jonathan had started, don't expect these same Nigerians to cry foul especially with the internet awash with his too many change chanting zombies that are ready to call black white for peanuts.Though I'm sure that with the level of awareness in place he would be booted out by other regions only to be replaced by another criminal elites and the cycle continues.

Once again Nigerians have been deceived by the very criminal elites that has kept them down for far too long.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Incompetence, Nonchallance And Deceit Of Buhari's Presidency by Idrismusty97(m): 10:17pm On May 30, 2015
There is no need reading the horse shîts once you see the moniker in question.

19 Likes

Re: Incompetence, Nonchallance And Deceit Of Buhari's Presidency by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 30, 2015
Buhari is a Brainless illiterate Daura President!!!

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Incompetence, Nonchallance And Deceit Of Buhari's Presidency by SeverusSnape(m): 10:17pm On May 30, 2015
Children of anger won't like this.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Incompetence, Nonchallance And Deceit Of Buhari's Presidency by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 30, 2015
Dannyset:
Whoever want Buhari The President of Nigeria to fail will fail in his stead. Amen!
Whoever is pained should go check the statistics of those that has died from High BP.
What do you mean wanting Buhari to fail? Where in the original write up did you see "Failure wish"?

11 Likes

Re: Incompetence, Nonchallance And Deceit Of Buhari's Presidency by IfyAwazie(f): 10:17pm On May 30, 2015
cheesy
Re: Incompetence, Nonchallance And Deceit Of Buhari's Presidency by Firefire(m): 10:17pm On May 30, 2015
Some comments here are really myopic.

We need our brand new President and Vice-President to publicly declare their assets as promised and some are yarning and abusing.

E yi pa daaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

CHANGE!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Incompetence, Nonchallance And Deceit Of Buhari's Presidency by SeverusSnape(m): 10:17pm On May 30, 2015
Henry120:
Buhari is a Brainless illiterate Daura President!!!
Apparently... grin

11 Likes

Re: Incompetence, Nonchallance And Deceit Of Buhari's Presidency by Genius100: 10:20pm On May 30, 2015
Buhari supporters.. the best response to the OP clown is either to laugh at him or ignore him. Please do not engage the slowpoke..

24 Likes

Re: Incompetence, Nonchallance And Deceit Of Buhari's Presidency by Dannyset(m): 10:20pm On May 30, 2015
barcanista:
What do you mean wanting Buhari to fail? Where in the original write up did you see "Failure wish"?
Then I don't think u should hav problem with my comment. Except u want to say am derailing the thread.

6 Likes

Re: Incompetence, Nonchallance And Deceit Of Buhari's Presidency by YoruBanger: 10:20pm On May 30, 2015
Truckpusher:
The APC mantra of change has been nothing but another dummy sold to the helpless Nigerian populace who are have always been bamboozled, divided and polarized along ethnicity,region and religion.Mark my words today ,even if Buhari doesn't add any single change to the already existing transformation agenda that Dr Goodluck Ebelemi Jonathan had started, don't expect these same Nigerians to cry foul especially with the internet awash with his too many change chanting zombies that are ready to call black white for peanuts.Though I'm sure that with the level of awareness in place he would be booted out by other regions only to be replaced by another criminal elites and the cycle continues.

Once again Nigerians have been deceived by the very criminal elites that has kept them down for far too long.

10 Likes

Re: Incompetence, Nonchallance And Deceit Of Buhari's Presidency by SHARIAREPORTERS: 10:20pm On May 30, 2015
I will I will I will I will Buh today, he's saying somtin else I said it before and still saying it, Buhari is a fraud

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

‘Thank You For Your Prayers’ – President Buhari / Lagos Releases Judicial Panel Of Enquiry Reports Online / Nigerian Soldiers Fathered 250,000 Kids In Liberia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.