Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,299 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News (27645 Views)

National Assembly Set To Take Over Rivers Assembly / N/assembly Crisis: How Eight APC Governors Tried To Muscle Saraki, Dogara / Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by Gbawe: 7:28pm On Jul 11, 2013
ilugunboy:

Why do you GEJ supporters always insulting other members without provocation? Your preponderance to result to insults and abuses is rather becoming alarming in this community...

Fortunately the Prof and Mr Falana are not saying anything different from what is in the public domain.

We've gone through this before...I can assure you that GEJ has more to lose than Wike and Ameachi in all these lawlessness that he is actively encouraging. You don't go around subverting democracy tenets that you are the single largest beneficiary without getting the heaviest repercussion when the whole system comes crashing.

Indeed. Disgusting !!! This is why I have christened them "ALUU animals". They will enter/start a thread and totally ignore the topic to begin naming and insulting other forumers, unprovoked, who have the right to use the forum without the harassing menace these worthless ALUU lot have constituted themselves into. They are just dumbing down the forum with imbecilic behaviour.
Shameless and pathetic losers.

@Topic. Soyinka and Falana must indeed speak so that posterity judges their input ala "evil thrives when good men do nothing". We will see what actions is seen to deal with culprits because we have been down this road before as Soyinka reminds us and we all still remember "inaction" as the operative word back then.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by Olaolufred(m): 7:37pm On Jul 11, 2013
PointB: Let us clap for Soyinka and Femi Falana. They have spoken plenty grammar, albeit full of contradiction.

In one breath they asked the President to get involved in the situation in Rivers State, in another they asked the President to pay more attention to those murdering our children (in the North.)

Perhaps these men should be clearer - what is more deserving of attention? Boko Haram killing our children (in the North) or River State big men playing hide and seek with a Mace?

I think what they said is too much for your impoverished mind to comprehend. That is why you saw contradition instead of corroboration.

6 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 11, 2013
Gbawe:

Indeed. Disgusting !!! This is why I have christened them "ALUU animals". They will enter/start a thread and totally ignore the topic to begin naming and insulting other forumers, unprovoked, who have the right to use the forum without the harassing menace these worthless ALUU lot have constituted themselves into. They are just dumbing down the forum with imbecilic behaviour.
Shameless and pathetic losers.

If they are in a position to plank our heads like those militants in the hallowed chamber did the other time..they would gladly give some of us the same treatment
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 11, 2013
Olaolufred:

I think what they said is too much for your impoverished mind to comprehend. That is why you saw contradition instead of corroboration.

Dude never understand anything that doesn't show his pay master in positive light..so his position here is never going to surprise anyone that undersatand how he reasons..its all about a day job for him.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 11, 2013
Are there no brave and courageous men in the army any longer? What are they waiting for to rid us of this pestilence called democracy? It's getting too costly n inefficient.
they should just review petroleum price to 50naira n get refineries working including new ones, tackle power problem before handing power back to these ret.arded politicians!

8 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 11, 2013
Gbawe:

He also condemned Jonathan, saying his silence and indifference have created an enabling environment for his followers who are acting in Rivers State with impunity.

Condemned appears to have a new definition.
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by Ezigbo2010: 8:10pm On Jul 11, 2013
smartchoice: Are there no brave and courageous men in the army any longer? What are they waiting for to rid us of this pestilence called democracy? It's getting too costly n inefficient.
they should just review petroleum price to 50naira n get refineries working including new ones, tackle power problem before handing power back to these ret.arded politicians!
Pray not! Nigeria does NOT need another military regime. In the past, even with military regimes Nigeria remained poor and corrupt. Don't you understand that Nigeria will only change when the one thing that has not happened does happen - the people rise up and learn to speak for themselves. The way Nigeria is run now is not real democracy, but a military regime in democratic clothing. In democratic era, most of the presidents have been former military men.
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by Igwe9(m): 8:10pm On Jul 11, 2013
What do they want Mr. President to do? to dabble into the case between Amechi and his people when we all know who Governor Amechi is and how cosy his relationship with the president is.

I can't believe that mr. President would be blamed for the wrong doing of Governor Amechi. How much blame has been apportioned to the Governor that has his house burning and can't take care and also nursing the ambition of being the vice president of this country. In as much we all know that he is not gonna make it but what if he makes it, I pity the person he would work under, the person will surely regret ever picking him as his subordinate.

To me, all blames to Governor Amechi and to him alone.
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by Pdizzle(m): 8:12pm On Jul 11, 2013
i still have a dream
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by PointB: 8:14pm On Jul 11, 2013
Olaolufred:

Kind sir, I truly understand your anger, pain and frustration. A child borne out of anger will always be bitterly frustrated. May I kindly suggest you romance a naked live wire, it's proven a great remedy for those in your painful situation.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by friedrice1: 8:23pm On Jul 11, 2013
“The Presidency has also noted with regret the continuing attempts by some individuals and groups to place responsibility for the unpleasant developments in Rivers State on President Jonathan.

“We are constrained to state once again that there is absolutely no factual basis for suggestions that some of the politicians involved in the current dispute are acting at the behest of the President.”

President Jonathan certainly did not instigate the crisis in the Rivers State House of Assembly and as President of the nation, he will never support any actions that negate his avowed commitment to the rule of law. The President will also never violate his oath of office to always defend the Nigerian Constitution.”
----Reuben Abati.

Was Abati comfortable writing this? could this man ever be remorseful? How could one completely sell his conscience and still feel right?

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by Tolexander: 8:38pm On Jul 11, 2013
“This is the time the president
should be mobilizing the entire
country for positive things. This
is the time the President should
worry about how to protect our
little children being murdered in
their schools.
“Instead, he’s busy reducing the
authority of an elected governor
in Rivers State.”

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by keemness(m): 9:00pm On Jul 11, 2013
[quote author=PointB]

Unlike some of you bigoted folks, I dont worship WS. He is a mere mortal just like you and I. I am very comfortable lauding him when I agree with him, and calling him out when I disagree. WS is not infallible.

Oh....see ur asertion......
Eniway, fly must always support shit....
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by tsalam: 9:11pm On Jul 11, 2013
ShyM-X:

Calling "PointB" intelligent is an insult to billions of intelligent people on this planet. Can't you see the guy labelled himself, Point-B, for a reason? Point-B is where re.tards go - Point-A is for the discerning minds.

When the same Wole Soyinka tore the Buhari man to shreds a few weeks ago, the same airheaded pointB was full of praises for him. However, now that the man is speaking the truth about the fedora hat wearing one, who feeds PointlessB with crumbs, he's back to what he knows how to do best. The guy is a clown! undecided

oh boy you bad ooo. this gat me lol but seriously the pointlessbeast guy is duller than plank.
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by sarutobie(m): 9:14pm On Jul 11, 2013
ilugunboy:

Why do you GEJ supporters always insulting other members without provocation? Your preponderance to result to insults and abuses is rather becoming alarming in this community...

Fortunately the Prof and Mr Falana are not saying anything different from what is in the public domain.

We've gone through this before...I can assure you that GEJ has more to lose than Wike and Ameachi in all these lawlessness that he is actively encouraging. You don't go around subverting democracy tenets that you are the single largest beneficiary without getting the heaviest repercussion when the whole system comes crashing.
I guess you didn't see what that psyco 'garri the 1st' posted before you abi?
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by Mylove55(f): 10:15pm On Jul 11, 2013
egift: Anytime even is happening and the President is silent, He have a hand in it.

Gej is silent because he is involve,how wil a common 5 lawmaker,disrupt a state without d backing of wike Gej,we should not argue blindling
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 11, 2013
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jul 11, 2013
Garri the 1st: President Goodluck Jonathan is a BIG DISGRACE to himself, his family, his village, LGA, State and Nigeria.

GEJ is Satan's gift to Nigeria.

cool cool
bros mek I ask u, how many times have you seen an american say such about Obama. Let me tell you, you are also insulting yourself indirectly undecided
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by hama20: 10:47pm On Jul 11, 2013
omonnakoda: Shut up! Mumu you now want to start feeling like you are more than the dirty brown turd that won't flush?
you mus be d most uncivilized person on nairaland y going for person instead of topic? u r exactly d type of people nigeria need to do away with for progress to come

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 11, 2013
Garri the 1st: President Goodluck Jonathan is a BIG DISGRACE to himself, his family, his village, LGA, State and Nigeria.

GEJ is Satan's gift to Nigeria.

cool cool
If my memory serves right, something worse than this happened during the obasanjo regime, no one called for his head. Please criticise what is wrong but GEJ is not the origin of everything that's wrong with our lawmakers.
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by ajanaku2(m): 10:50pm On Jul 11, 2013
"...I'm calling on the President, now openly, publicly, please curb the excesses of your wife...She's a wife! She's an unconstitutional Being..." - Ojogbon Wole Soyinka

oko oro!

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by KwoiZabo(m): 10:51pm On Jul 11, 2013
Why is it that anywhere Amaechi heads there will be division. NGF divided, Rivers state PDP divided, Now rivers house of assembly divided. It's an indication that people like Amaechi are not meant for leadership. As a good leader your demeanor is important, you should know when to exercise absolute power and when to relinguish some powers. This is what brought egypt to where they are today. The day I knew Amaechi was arrogant was 2yrs back during a during a town hall meeting when he said he as Amaechi is against the Amnesty programme. Even if he differs , he is not suppose to state it openly because that is the party's position also for accusing orubebe and by extension GEJ for neglecting East-west road, he has other fora like the PDP NEC meeting to do that and so on it is Amaechi's arrogance that will destroy him.
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jul 11, 2013
Idi Amin: bros mek I ask u, how many times have you seen an american say such about Obama. Let me tell you, you are also insulting yourself indirectly undecided

He's telling it as it is that GEJ is an irresponsible president.
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by henrysam(m): 10:58pm On Jul 11, 2013
Hmmm very easy to criticise. I think Wole Soyinka happened to be the head of one nija agency before. What did he bring out of it. Uneasy lies the head of who wears the crown. Always easy to criticise but not always good to perform when put in a position.
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by Sheyiluv(m): 10:59pm On Jul 11, 2013
egift: Anytime even is happening and the President is silent, He have a hand in it.

is he baq in Nig. 4rm China
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 11, 2013
sarutobie:
I guess you didn't see what that psyco 'garri the 1st' posted before you abi?

Where did he insult a forum member?
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by nerodenero: 11:02pm On Jul 11, 2013
Funny enough,Dr.Abati will still issue a statement saying and I quote 'the presidency has no hand in the crisis rocking Rivers state and Amaechi is too small a fight for the President'.I just pray this Doctor will be able to return to his village after he is being relieved of his appointment.Shaking my head in dissappointment for our country!
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 11, 2013
henrysam: Hmmm very easy to criticise. I think Wole Soyinka happened to be the head of one nija agency before. What did he bring out of it. Uneasy lies the head of who wears the crown. Always easy to criticise but not always good to perform when put in a position.

Where is the sense in this comment ? Apparently your knowledge is very infinitely small...the truth is you didn't make sense with your comment..
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by Benspoon(m): 11:06pm On Jul 11, 2013
Gej silence n indifference z rilli encouraging impunity in d country n all fingers are pointin back at him coz he sure haz a hand in it..
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by jawjaw1: 11:07pm On Jul 11, 2013
If this woman doesn't destroy GEJ with her unscrupulous antics and excessive show of 'power wey miss road', I wonder what will.

It's most unfortunate.
Re: Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 11, 2013
jaw jaw: If this woman doesn't destroy GEJ with her unscrupulous antics and excessive show of 'power miss road', I wonder what will.

It's most unfortunate.

She has destroyed him already.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Wedding Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (picture) / Buhari Declares Zamfara No Fly-zone, Bans Mining Activities / Flight Lt Elijah Karatu Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Kaduna (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.