Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,682 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (523002 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kunley4real: 10:16am On Jan 11, 2020
Get 10% on all insurances done with me ( Car,fire & burglary, Credit life, Keyman etc). Commission would be paid directly to your bank Account. And guess what?! If there is a claim, you would be settled within 48 hrs. Call or Whatsapp 0708 494 3809.

Let us discuss more
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by chrisja(m): 4:12pm On Jan 14, 2020
Hello People, my 1st time here, there is a Nigeria used Toyota Camry 2007 up for sale @1.4m that I am interested in. It would be my 1st car.
1: While talking. With a friend someone chipped in that that particular year of camry has a popular factory issue, so that got me worried.
2: I am a civil servant, is the maintenance cost a cause to worry?
3: Is it the recommend car for a 1st time user? Does it have good resell value?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by seanfer(m): 4:17pm On Jan 14, 2020
chrisja:
Hello People, my 1st time her, there is a Nigeria Toyota Camry 2007 up for sale @1.4 that I am interested in. It would be my 1st.
1: While talking. With a friend someone chipped in that that particular year of camry has a popular factory issue, so that got me worried.
2: I am a civil servant, is the maintenance cost a cause to worry?
3: Is it the recommend car for a 1st time user? Does it have good resell value?

Look for a well Maintained Nigerian Used 06 Camry....
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Festraphael: 4:28pm On Jan 14, 2020
I want an affordable, nice looking and fuel economic car but very hesitant about making a choice.
With a budget of between #300,000 and #600,000, is it possible to get a good car of my choice?
What should I look out for when making a choice of a car apart from the ones mentioned earlier. Please guide me.
Thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by davidpeace99: 10:22pm On Jan 14, 2020
Toyota Camry 07 4 plugs is available for sale. Call or text 07017043398. Pictures attached

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by stcollins01(m): 3:18am On Jan 15, 2020
I purchase a Honda civic 2006 hybrid few months ago, which was the mistake of the mechanic who approved the car for me. the problems begins from the very day sometimes when driving the steering will hook down or the brake wont even answer and the car can suddenly go off even on the high way not to talk of the charging issue and with a lot of deceit from Engineers that it was a minor issue, at the end i brought an engineer and he diagnosed that the hybrid battery is faulty. where can i get the hybrid battery? will the problem be solved if i replace the battery or i should convert the engine am so confused. Even thinking of scrabbling it. please help me here.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by radautoworks: 12:12am On Jan 16, 2020
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 6:39am On Jan 16, 2020
stcollins01:
I purchase a Honda civic 2006 hybrid few months ago, which was the mistake of the mechanic who approved the car for me. the problems begins from the very day sometimes when driving the steering will hook down or the brake wont even answer and the car can suddenly go off even on the high way not to talk of the charging issue and with a lot of deceit from Engineers that it was a minor issue, at the end i brought an engineer and he diagnosed that the hybrid battery is faulty. where can i get the hybrid battery? will the problem be solved if i replace the battery or i should convert the engine am so confused. Even thinking of scrabbling it. please help me here.

You bought an hybrid vehicle without a thorough check of the hybrid system, you bleeped up big time.

You have 2 options and both are very expensive and would cost you between 300k to 500k depending on what needs to be done.

You can either convert to normal Otto engine or

You can buy new hybrid battery pack

Talk to Gazzuzz to make appointment for better diagnosis.

3 Likes

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by joey150(m): 8:22am On Jan 16, 2020
Guys please I need help with this issue.

I have a Lexus RX 300 but I've noticed that the oil level seems to drop pretty fast, even a few weeks after servicing.

I use Mobil Oil by the way.

I recently drove down (serviced it a week before) from Lagos to the village (approximately 6 hours drive) no issues, got home safe.

Before heading back to Lagos (3 weeks later), I noticed that the oil level was low and I had it serviced again with 5 liters of Mobil oil. Changed the oil filters too.

But on getting to Lagos(another 6 hour drive) the same thing happened. Oil level had considerably dropped.

- There is no physical oil leakage where it's parked.
- The engine does not smoke

The oil just seems to vanish into thin air.

I'll appreciate if anybody has had similar experiences or can offer any tips to prevent this.

P.S car is in excellent working condition, only the oil issues.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dicksonadams(m): 9:08am On Jan 16, 2020
joey150:

I have a Lexus RX 300 but I've noticed that the oil level seems to drop pretty fast, even a few weeks after servicing.

I recently drove down (serviced it a week before) from Lagos to the village (approximately 6 hours drive) no issues, got home safe.

Before heading back to Lagos (3 weeks later), I noticed that the oil level was low and I had it serviced again with 5 liters of Mobil oil. Changed the oil filters too.

But on getting to Lagos(another 6 hour drive) the same thing happened. Oil level had considerably dropped.

I'll appreciate if anybody has had similar experiences or can offer any tips to prevent this.

Your oil is getting into the combustion chamber and burning off, do you notice any smoke from the tail pipe of the exhaust?

Anyways contact radautoworks, she is very good
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by joey150(m): 9:17am On Jan 16, 2020
dicksonadams:

Your oil is getting into the combustion chamber and burning off, do you notice any smoke from the tail pipe of the exhaust?

Anyways contact radautoworks, she is very good

No. There's no dark smoke. Exhaust smoke is clear.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dicksonadams(m): 9:26am On Jan 16, 2020
joey150:

No. There's no dark smoke. Exhaust smoke is clear.

It likely the pcv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z4yek9oTfE&t=43s

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by radautoworks: 1:57pm On Jan 16, 2020
joey150:

It's your valve seals. Common problem here. Take plugs out and you'll see burn residue.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by joey150(m): 2:03pm On Jan 16, 2020
radautoworks:

It's your valve seals. Common problem here. Take plugs out and you'll see burn residue.

Alright thank you.

I'll have it checked out.

Any idea how much it'll cost me?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by radautoworks: 4:12pm On Jan 16, 2020
joey150:

Alright thank you.

I'll have it checked out.

Any idea how much it'll cost me?

What year is your car? It's pretty much What dicksonadams described. Maybe I should hire him LMAO! It's just that the leak isn't large enough for you to see smoke when it burns off.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by joey150(m): 4:41pm On Jan 16, 2020
radautoworks:

What year is your car? It's pretty much What dicksonadams described. Maybe I should hire him LMAO! It's just that the leak isn't large enough for you to see smoke when it burns off.

'The model is 02 Lexus RX 300.

Well I'm not sure about hiring him, but you can definitely call him in for an interview. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Sandypearl: 8:17pm On Jan 18, 2020
Hello nairalanders, please those who haven't insured their car/s and you are planning to please contact me for more details and if you are also interested with other policies..... Call 0.8.0.6.0.8.9.0.4.0.9. Thank you
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Crookesmore: 7:55am On Jan 19, 2020
With a budget of 1.8m - 2m

What is the best car to buy?

I am thinking of toyota corolla 2007 or 2008

Or a used 2009 corolla

Any advice pls?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by IghKes: 3:51pm On Jan 21, 2020
[quote author=radautoworks post=85845852]

Anybody here? Please I need advice.my Infiniti g35x 2008 is having steering rack leak.its severe I have to top up fluid any time am driving.
Can it be fixed.or it can only be replaced?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Chigozie105(m): 4:35pm On Jan 21, 2020
Crookesmore:

Or a used 2009 corolla

Any advice pls?

I suggest u buy USA used corolla 2008 than 2009 nigeria used
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Prince3(m): 6:36pm On Jan 21, 2020
Crookesmore:

Or a used 2009 corolla

Any advice pls?
Toks is better than naija used. Go for 07/08 toks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dmarientes(m): 7:33am On Jan 22, 2020
#carport #carcover #danpalon #tapoline

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by usedcartips(m): 7:39am On Jan 22, 2020
Ikenna351:
Hi all,

I realised there is a need for us to have a thread where we can say it very loud. Hence, the creation of this room.

In this room, we can derail as much as we want, discuss off topics, etc.

But please, no derogatory words, sales, adverts, spams or posting. Other than these, fire on!

*Note that this room is not for posting our normal car issues and seeking solutions for them. We have the entire section, outside this room, for that.

Moderator.

Can we discuss Used Car tips here and/or our experience shopping for used cars for sale online? Pls advise as I wouldn't want to be the bad guy here .....:-)

I read somewhere on this platform that somebody bought a used car and when he brought the car home, he found huge wrap of Cannabis under the driver search. Have you read it? What if he was stopped at Police Check point on his way home? If you are the person, would you return the Cannabis to the car dealer? Click here to read the benefits of buying Used Cars in Nigeria
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by radautoworks: 6:22pm On Jan 22, 2020
Congratulations Nigerians. America finally got tired of us! Wait till you see why we are being added to the list undecided

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-administration-plans-to-add-seven-countries-to-travel-ban-list-11579638341
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by theoilguy: 7:21pm On Jan 22, 2020
Get the right motor oils for your car today.. Mobil and Castrol extended performance motor oils in stock at rock bottom prices
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Johnsonkeyz2019: 12:59pm On Jan 23, 2020
Good day House

I'll like to ask in Isuzu Rodeo and Nissan Pathfinder which sud come first in terms of reliability and NiGERIA Roads plus let's say cost of maintenance
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Ohizone1(m): 6:08pm On Jan 23, 2020
Please house how much is d tokunbo engine of Hyundai ix35 2012
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by IMOHS(m): 6:41pm On Jan 24, 2020
Car will be shipped from usa. Seller says repairs will be done in Nigeria within 48hrs. Please house, what do you think about the repairs. Should I go ahead

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by codeKart(m): 8:08pm On Jan 24, 2020
I gave my Corolla to a painter sometime in September/October.

While the car was with him, it apparently got flooded and water entered the gear. After picking it up, less than 5 minutes later, the car stopped entering gear and I had to tow it back to the painter. He brought a mechanic who 'serviced' the gear. And then they drained the oil and replaced it a couple of times.

Since then sha, I've had to drain and replace gear oil about 3/4 times. The car will be fine and then after awhile, it will just stop entering gear. I had to push it back home on Sunday.

It wouldn't enter drive but it enters reverse.

Does anybody know what could be wrong with it? Also, can you recommend a good gear mechanic on the island? The car isn't even moving at the moment
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by seanfer(m): 10:30pm On Jan 24, 2020
IMOHS:
Car will be shipped from usa. Seller says repairs will be done in Nigeria within 48hrs. Please house, what do you think about the repairs. Should I go ahead

Run. Or you tell the seller to use his money to fix it and you pay in full when the car is repaired and tested.

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.