Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (523042 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by harkinlaby77(m): 11:07pm On Dec 30, 2019
I have a Toyota Solara 2002 model for sale, call or WhatsApp me 08110797020
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by hooged: 4:12pm On Dec 31, 2019
Please I'm having issue with my 2007 Toyota corolla, the temperature rise a little bit above average, I was told the radiator is single cell, I had to purchase a tokunbo double cell radiator and the temperature still rise above average, pics attach pls what can I do rectify it.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by hooged: 4:13pm On Dec 31, 2019
Before I bought the double cell radiator

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by murphyfada(m): 4:25pm On Dec 31, 2019
[Tell ur mechanic to help me check the carving he dey do slow well and not that he dey accelerate before u raise am. If temperature is high ur u have to make sure ur accelerator meter gauge dey btw 0 and 1 maybe it is above 1.
quote author=hooged post=85382401]Please I'm having issue with my 2007 Toyota corolla, the temperature rise a little bit above average, I was told the radiator is single cell, I had to purchase a tokunbo double cell radiator and the temperature still rise above average, pics attach pls what can I do rectify it. [/quote]
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by hooged: 4:42pm On Dec 31, 2019
OK bro
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 8:53pm On Dec 31, 2019
hooged:
Please I'm having issue with my 2007 Toyota corolla, the temperature rise a little bit above average, I was told the radiator is single cell, I had to purchase a tokunbo double cell radiator and the temperature still rise above average, pics attach pls what can I do rectify it.
By changing ur cell structure i n ur car U just killed ur car,who has the right to double the ammount of fluid in thier car than the original manufactures??

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 8:57pm On Dec 31, 2019
BigSteph:
Hey guys, please my Toyota Camry 2010 is trying everything possible to kill me. I have serviced the injector twice this month alone and it still keeps rough idling. A mechanic told me its a wiring or battery issue while another said its the injector. He's insisted i change it altogether. Please i'm confused. This car runs well when i'm speeding but has a terrible idle in traffic, which is inevitable in Lagos.
A trick i deployed last week is to switch to 'Neutral' when in traffic. it steadies the engine but goes rough again when i switch to 'Drive'.
DID you ever plug ur car into a scanner to see 4 urself?

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by bethrothen(m): 8:39am On Jan 01, 2020
Hello guys, happy New Year. Please anyone used Honda Pilot 03-06 model before? Please share reliability and maintenance needs of the vehicle.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by justinstrumenta: 9:46am On Jan 01, 2020
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Solution1989: 10:53am On Jan 02, 2020
About the temperature gauge if it's occur while on speed then also check the braking system because if it's holding the engine back from it power can also cause high temperature, I. E after considering all relevant parts like the radiator fan or any water leakage
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Musabua: 8:44pm On Jan 02, 2020
[b]hello Gurus in the house. I use a 1999 Peugeot 406 (manual) with an xu7jp lfz engine. Recently, the serpentine belt got cut and interfere with the timing belt through the crankshaft sprocket and this made the timing to jump some teeth but the timing belt didn't cut.
I later changed both the timing belt & serpentine belt and after changing the belts, the engine started fine without any symptoms of poor performance but i noticed immediately the engine bringing out black smoke and the consumption of fuel skyrocketed very high (1ltr = 5km).
Presently, I'm dumbfounded on where/what to start diagnosing for the cause of black smoke and high fuel consumption. Please I need your advice guys on what may be the possible cause. Thanks

Note; Engine didn't have o2 sensor before timing belt incident & runs well without smoking and has good economy of fuel. Engine still runs fine now without misfire. Only high consumption of fuel and black smoke is my problem.

cc. Ikenna351 monk
Gazzuzz (even though i know u dont like peugeot)
Nurey
all other gurus[/b]
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Heykayxx(m): 10:37pm On Jan 02, 2020
Dear Nairalanders,

I have a quick Question: How is demurrage calculated at the Nigerian port? The vehicle in question arrived at the Tin Can port on November 15th. The owner now has the fund to clear it.

Cc: Nurey, Gazzuzz, thebigkendo, dru23, kingreignn, dannybrasky and other gurus in the house.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dannybrasky(m): 10:48pm On Jan 02, 2020
Heykayxx:
Dear Nairalanders,

I have a quick Question: How is demurrage calculated at the Nigerian port? The vehicle in question arrived at the Tin Can port on November 15th. The owner now has the fund to clear it.

Cc: Nurey, Gazzuzz, thebigkendo, dru23, kingreignn, dannybrasky and other gurus in the house.

Little knowledge!!
First 3days after car after has been offloaded from ship is free,after which demurrage starts. The only time my car got into such situation,i didn't understand the calculation because agent told me the price is not fixed,it increases.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:51am On Jan 03, 2020
Musabua:
[b]hello Gurus in the house. I use a 1999 Peugeot 406 (manual) with an xu7jp lfz engine. Recently, the serpentine belt got cut and interfere with the timing belt through the crankshaft sprocket and this made the timing to jump some teeth but the timing belt didn't cut.
I later changed both the timing belt & serpentine belt and after changing the belts, the engine started fine without any symptoms of poor performance but i noticed immediately the engine bringing out black smoke and the consumption of fuel skyrocketed very high (1ltr = 5km).
Presently, I'm dumbfounded on where/what to start diagnosing for the cause of black smoke and high fuel consumption. Please I need your advice guys on what may be the possible cause. Thanks

Note; Engine didn't have o2 sensor before timing belt incident & runs well without smoking and has good economy of fuel. Engine still runs fine now without misfire. Only high consumption of fuel and black smoke is my problem.

cc. Ikenna351 monk
Gazzuzz (even though i know u dont like peugeot)
Nurey
all other gurus[/b]

check timing marks.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Trenthoody(m): 9:42pm On Jan 03, 2020
Hello, everyone and I wish you all a sound and prosperous 2020.

Please I need help with your honest suggestions. I have a 1.2-3m budget to buy a car before February. I don't want a Nigerian used to avoid stories that touch the heart.

I'm thinking of getting a Madza 3, because of its modern nature. Toyota is simply not an option for me. So I need help with alternative suggestions for that budget. Thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Kaybaba5(m): 6:53am On Jan 04, 2020
I want to buy my first car my budget is 1m
But I don't know how to drive
The driving school I visited asked for 60k for a month training.

Pls house I want to know which car to buy
Thanks.

And should I go for training before buying or what should I do
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 7:06am On Jan 04, 2020
Kaybaba5:
I want to buy my first car my budget is 1m
But I don't know how to drive
The driving school I visited asked for 60k for a month training.

Pls house I want to know which car to buy
Thanks.

And should I go for training before buying or what should I do

Raise your budget to 1.3m and get a Toks Honda Civic.

You can buy before your training but don't attempt to drive especially on main roads without training.

Also, paying 60k for training seems excessive. Is that the best offer you got?

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Kaybaba5(m): 8:36am On Jan 04, 2020
rationalmind:

You can buy before your training but don't attempt to drive especially on main roads without training.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 9:22am On Jan 04, 2020
Kaybaba5:

Yes
According to the man he is going to include driving license permit

hmm.

2 Likes

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 9:22am On Jan 04, 2020
rationalmind:

Also, paying 60k for training seems excessive. Is that the best offer you got?

Aswearrigad
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dhejykeane: 9:55am On Jan 04, 2020
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 10:48am On Jan 04, 2020
dhejykeane:
Hello people, is toyota avensis 2003-2007 2.0 easy to maintain in terms of parts compared to the corrolla and camry, considering its mostly from europe. Thanks

Good reliable vehicle but prone to crack dashboard
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Kaybaba5(m): 3:43pm On Jan 04, 2020
May be I should beg him to collect 50k from me
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jan 04, 2020
Please my corolla 2005 A.C is not working I need to know where I can get grade compressor and new condenser here in Abeokuta.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Doktajay5: 10:39am On Jan 06, 2020
Ikenna351:
Hi all,

I realised there is a need for us to have a thread where we can say it very loud. Hence, the creation of this room.

In this room, we can derail as much as we want, discuss off topics, etc.

But please, no derogatory words, sales, adverts, spams or posting. Other than these, fire on!

*Note that this room is not for posting our normal car issues and seeking solutions for them. We have the entire section, outside this room, for that.

Moderator.

Hey guys.. I need last prices, like the last u can offer for these car parts (Toyota avalon 2003):
1. Head lamp drivers side only
2. Side mirror passenger side only
3. Grail (the net like part in front of the bunnet)
4. Mud trappers/fenders for the 4 tires

Please I'll appreciate your response here.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by tayoakay(m): 6:39am On Jan 07, 2020
: ASK GAZZUZZ by tayoakay: 6:33am

Oga Gazuz, please what is your take on buying KIA Sorrento SUV 2005? I am currently using Toyota Camry 1999, but i need an upgrade and this car comes cheap(6/700k).

Please what is your review and advise about it?

Other Nairalanders can also comment and give advis
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:13am On Jan 07, 2020
tayoakay:
: ASK GAZZUZZ by tayoakay: 6:33am

Oga Gazuz, please what is your take on buying KIA Sorrento SUV 2005? I am currently using Toyota Camry 1999, but i need an upgrade and this car comes cheap(6/700k).

Please what is your review and advise about it?

Other Nairalanders can also comment and give advis

For Somone who has used a very reliable brand, I am sure you don't want to dabble into a Nigerian used Sorento. It will not end well.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by tayoakay(m): 8:58am On Jan 07, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

For Somone who has used a very reliable brand, I am sure you don't want to dabble into a Nigerian used Sorento. It will not end well.

Thank you for the prompt response. I know you can never go wrong with your advise. It is well taken.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by tayoakay(m): 9:00am On Jan 07, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Advise well taken.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by marshalcarter: 11:10am On Jan 09, 2020
somebody should please dash me a car please
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ayo2008: 8:57pm On Jan 09, 2020
Hello sir, have issues with my Honda civic automatic 2003 model. I discover that the D light on the dashboard blinks and due to this whenever the car finds it difficult to accelerate on hilly place and taking off when there is need for me to stop seems difficult as u have to accelerate hard.
Wnt to scan the car and the rewire man who is good too said from the readings, the TPS (Throttle position sensor) has gone bad. I just wondered if the reason for the D blinking was due to fault in TPS?
Try reading on TPS online and its faulty symptoms but know saw D blinking as part of the D light blinking as part of the symptoms of faulty TPS . pls need advice
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by radautoworks: 9:31pm On Jan 09, 2020
ayo2008:
Hello sir, have issues with my Honda civic automatic 2003 model. I discover that the D light on the dashboard blinks and due to this whenever the car finds it difficult to accelerate on hilly place and taking off when there is need for me to stop seems difficult as u have to accelerate hard.
Wnt to scan the car and the rewire man who is good too said from the readings, the TPS (Throttle position sensor) has gone bad. I just wondered if the reason for the D blinking was due to fault in TPS?
Try reading on TPS online and its faulty symptoms but know saw D blinking as part of the D light blinking as part of the symptoms of faulty TPS . pls need advice

What are the exact codes the rewire got?

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.