Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,402 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (523017 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by radautoworks: 7:39pm On Dec 12, 2019
ksmart027:
Good evening house, i saw these 2008 honda civic i want to buy on jiji, manual transmission for 650k. The problem is i dont know if i am getting a lemon for that amount. What are the things to look out for when inspecting the car. @nurey, gazzuz and other gurus in the house.

A good mechanic to inspect it for you
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ksmart027(m): 7:43pm On Dec 12, 2019
radautoworks:

A good mechanic to inspect it for you
Thanks aunty radautowork. The problem is getting a competent mechanic, i am base in ph.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by seanfer(m): 8:47pm On Dec 12, 2019
ksmart027:

Thanks aunty radautowork. The problem is getting a competent mechanic, i am base in ph.
Be careful with PH car sellers on JIJI. I called one yesterday to book appointment to inspect a Corolla. The moment I told him I am coming with a Mechanic that will check everything and scan the car his story changed. Be careful.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ksmart027(m): 9:17pm On Dec 12, 2019
seanfer:

Be careful with PH car sellers on JIJI. I called one yesterday to book appointment to inspect a Corolla. The moment I told him I am coming with a Mechanic that will check everything and scan the car his story changed. Be careful.
Thank you bro, i saw the car today and i told the guy i will come with mechanic tomorrow. Please can you recommend a good mecho for me.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Kaybaba5(m): 10:26pm On Dec 12, 2019
I need 2002 drop light Toyota.....
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 13, 2019
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 13, 2019
ksmart027:

Thank you bro, i saw the car today and i told the guy i will come with mechanic tomorrow. Please can you recommend a good mecho for me.

Contact Inception. I have used him before and the service was good. Fee is also fair.

https://www.nairaland.com/inception

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ksmart027(m): 9:31am On Dec 13, 2019
rationalmind:

Contact Inception. I have used him before and the service was good. Fee is also fair.

https://www.nairaland.com/inception
Thank you sir, i will give him a call.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by pufframmy: 12:06pm On Dec 14, 2019
This car is very ok ,just buy and drive. It has factory fitted ac and is functioning very well. with Extra trye and the engine has not been touched before. Injector, Automatic gear working perfect , everything is tact. 470k, 07035215084

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by mhychophelha1(m): 4:39pm On Dec 14, 2019
My engine is shorting oil, pls what can I do about it. it 6plug engine....... help out
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ksmart027(m): 4:51pm On Dec 14, 2019
mhychophelha1:
My engine is shorting oil, pls what can I do about it. it 6plug engine....... help out
What kind of oil do you use
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by BrightMechanic: 9:28pm On Dec 14, 2019
If you are in lekki and need a mechanic, here my WhatsApp links. https:///2349091202420
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by radautoworks: 2:59am On Dec 15, 2019
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by sheunsheun(m): 6:57am On Dec 15, 2019
Please help me, how to i get the recommended catalyst converter for my 2012 camry. I have changed its twice but the check engine light is still with the usual pot 1 error. Location is Abuja
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Olayiwola4sure: 9:08am On Dec 15, 2019
good morning house, i wish to buy toyota corolla verso 2006 up ward, please help me with necessary information about the car.
pls i need your experience on this car. parts, maintenance and durability. thanks.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by radautoworks: 9:37am On Dec 15, 2019
sheunsheun:
Please help me, how to i get the recommended catalyst converter for my 2012 camry. I have changed its twice but the check engine light is still with the usual pot 1 error. Location is Abuja

http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=DOR&partNumber=674-846 N281,679 delivered 3 year warranty
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by radautoworks: 10:16am On Dec 15, 2019
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:55am On Dec 15, 2019
ksmart027:
Good evening house, i saw these 2008 honda civic i want to buy on jiji, manual transmission for 650k. The problem is i dont know if i am getting a lemon for that amount. What are the things to look out for when inspecting the car. @nurey, gazzuz and other gurus in the house.

https://www.nairaland.com/4143465/guide-buying-nigerian-used-car/1

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Tebilly: 11:17pm On Dec 16, 2019
Good evening house. Pls, I need help from the gurus in the house on my rx 300 (2000 model). Whenever I start the engine and put it in drive D, it works well, but as soon as I change into reverse, R, the engine shuts off and I would need to restart the engine. However, once the engine warms very well, the reverse gear works well without shutting down the engine. Whenever I want to use the motor, I would start it and allow it to warm very well. Pls, what could be responsible for this problem. This is frustrating because the motor can not be used in case of emergency.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by crexyoung(m): 10:54am On Dec 17, 2019
Hello,

Please i need direction on how to clear error message indicators on my 2007 toyota camry dashboard. The error messages that pop up are as follows:

1. Tire pressure warning light (Whereas all the tires are well guage)
2. System failure warning
3. Traction control system

Secondly, the bluetooth botton which enable hands free call is not working.

Thanks in advance
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by PhantomProbe(m): 4:56pm On Dec 17, 2019
Help... 2004 Nissan pathfinder. Cranks slowly, but doesn't start. No spark too. Has about 119k miles.
My dad got car Nigerian-used. Initially, car jerks when accelerating. Also, won't rev past 2500 rpms. Had mechanic change the oil and air filter prior to embarking on trip from Lagos to Warri with the car.
Car suffered overheating along the way, to the point of stalling. Driver said his footwell was abnormally warm while coming with the vehicle, but he did not pay much attention to it. Car cranks, but refused to start again. Even when it managed to start next day, it'll die again. Scanned for codes, and got P0102, P1131 & P0113. Eventually, changed head gasket. And some hard stuffs like coal were also found blocking the exhaust system, and were removed too. Finally, he started the journey again after some days. But noticed that the car still overheats, so he stops at intervals to let her cool off. Now, he didn't have much time to charge battery and all, so he had to embark on this second lap trip with a low battery. Such that whenever he had to stop the vehicle, he would require to get another battery just to be able to start the car. Even heard at one stop, there was no battery available, so he had to start vehicle using a trailer (heavy duty) battery. Along the way, he decided to change and permanent the radiator fan. After which, according to him, overheating stopped Around Benin, he kinda fell violently into a pothole, and the car went off. And since then, it has refused to start again with whatever battery. Had to be towed from Benin to Warri.
Present state is, it cranks slowly but won't start. First of all, mech dat came to check her suggested the timing chain must have skipped. And then later, he found out that the spark plugs aren't getting voltage when he checked. So he advised we get anoda flywheel sensor. Brought like two, (although he wasn't sure if the ones he brought were still functional) but no positive result. Still slow cranks, and no start. Had it scanned for codes yesterday and it showed these: P1131 current SWIRL CONT SOL/V and P0335 1ST TRIP CKP SEN/CIRCUIT.
Please, take am easy with us, we have obviously abused this car. I fearWe need advice, what can we do to get this car running again?
Costee
Chukel
Nissparts
Nurey
Heavenlybang
KA24DETT
ikenna351
radautoworks
philadelphia
And all the Nissan/Infiniti geeks here.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by joshyo1(m): 7:09pm On Dec 17, 2019
I scanned my Camry 99, and the following codes popped up

P0105 manifold absolute pressure/Barometric pressure suit

P0120 throttle/ pedal positioning sensor switch A circuit

P0446 Evaporative emission system vent circuit

P0446 Evaporative emission system vent control circuit*

Please I need help what do these mean and how do I proceed?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 7:59pm On Dec 17, 2019
PhantomProbe:
Help... 2004 Nissan pathfinder. Cranks slowly, but doesn't start. No spark too. Has about 119k miles.
My dad got car Nigerian-used. Initially, car jerks when accelerating. Also, won't rev past 2500 rpms. Had mechanic change the oil and air filter prior to embarking on trip from Lagos to Warri with the car.
Car suffered overheating along the way, to the point of stalling. Driver said his footwell was abnormally warm while coming with the vehicle, but he did not pay much attention to it. Car cranks, but refused to start again. Even when it managed to start next day, it'll die again. Scanned for codes, and got P0102, P1131 & P0113. Eventually, changed head gasket. And some hard stuffs like coal were also found blocking the exhaust system, and were removed too. Finally, he started the journey again after some days. But noticed that the car still overheats, so he stops at intervals to let her cool off. Now, he didn't have much time to charge battery and all, so he had to embark on this second lap trip with a low battery. Such that whenever he had to stop the vehicle, he would require to get another battery just to be able to start the car. Even heard at one stop, there was no battery available, so he had to start vehicle using a trailer (heavy duty) battery. Along the way, he decided to change and permanent the radiator fan. After which, according to him, overheating stopped Around Benin, he kinda fell violently into a pothole, and the car went off. And since then, it has refused to start again with whatever battery. Had to be towed from Benin to Warri.
Present state is, it cranks slowly but won't start. First of all, mech dat came to check her suggested the timing chain must have skipped. And then later, he found out that the spark plugs aren't getting voltage when he checked. So he advised we get anoda flywheel sensor. Brought like two, (although he wasn't sure if the ones he brought were still functional) but no positive result. Still slow cranks, and no start. Had it scanned for codes yesterday and it showed these: P1131 current SWIRL CONT SOL/V and P0335 1ST TRIP CKP SEN/CIRCUIT.
Please, take am easy with us, we have obviously abused this car. I fearWe need advice, what can we do to get this car running again?
And all the Nissan/Infiniti geeks here.

Swirl error is the reason why the vehicle won't rev pass 2500rpm

The CKP error is the reason why the car won't crank, that's a crankshaft position sensor.

The Engine itself has gone through alot of hullabaloo, it's time to give a qualified technician to check if he can rebuild because even after the errors have been fixed, I foresee an issue of loss or no compression.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by micos: 7:59pm On Dec 17, 2019
Please ,I need help my SRS air bag light remains on permanent when I am driving please what do I do sir.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 8:42pm On Dec 17, 2019
micos:
Please ,I need help my SRS air bag light remains on permanent when I am driving please what do I do sir.

what vehicle make and year

has it always been like that since you bought it, if no what event or recent repairs led to it displaying permanently

scan the airbag module, post codes for easy diagnosis
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by micos: 10:09pm On Dec 17, 2019
Please ,I need help my SRS air bag light remains on permanent when I am driving please what do I do sir. Toyota corolla 2003 le just bought it on October tokunbo
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by PhantomProbe(m): 10:11pm On Dec 17, 2019
nurey:

Swirl error is the reason why the vehicle won't rev pass 2500rpm

The CKP error is the reason why the car won't crank, that's a crankshaft position sensor.

The Engine itself has gone through alot of hullabaloo, it's time to give a qualified technician to check if he can rebuild because even after the errors have been fixed, I foresee an issue of loss or no compression.
The problem na is how to get a qualified technician in Warri. Plus, I hear Nissan has a lot of rules. Pls I need education on these. And again, pls what are the specifications of fluids (engine oil, coolant, transmission fluid, etc) to be used for the car? Sorry to bother you.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 5:27am On Dec 18, 2019
PhantomProbe:

The problem na is how to get a qualified technician in Warri. Plus, I hear Nissan has a lot of rules. Pls I need education on these. And again, pls what are the specifications of fluids (engine oil, coolant, transmission fluid, etc) to be used for the car? Sorry to bother you.

Every car has alot of rules

Engine oil is 5w30 recommended but you may not be able to revert to synthetic depending on maintenance of the former owner and if sludge is present in engine.

Your vehicle is 4speed auto so ATF is Nissan matic D, for the radiator any quality coolant would do.

As for the errors, a qualified technician knows what to do
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by PhantomProbe(m): 6:52am On Dec 18, 2019
nurey:

Every car has alot of rules

Engine oil is 5w30 recommended but you may not be able to revert to synthetic depending on maintenance of the former owner and if sludge is present in engine.

Your vehicle is 4speed auto so ATF is Nissan matic D, for the radiator any quality coolant would do.

As for the errors, a qualified technician knows what to do
Thanks a lot, nurey. I guess you use a Nissan too.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by radautoworks: 8:12am On Dec 18, 2019
PhantomProbe:

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:41am On Dec 18, 2019
Tebilly:
Good evening house. Pls, I need help from the gurus in the house on my rx 300 (2000 model). Whenever I start the engine and put it in drive D, it works well, but as soon as I change into reverse, R, the engine shuts off and I would need to restart the engine. However, once the engine warms very well, the reverse gear works well without shutting down the engine. Whenever I want to use the motor, I would start it and allow it to warm very well. Pls, what could be responsible for this problem. This is frustrating because the motor can not be used in case of emergency.

Are you in Lagos? If yes come for free fix, will take 15mins

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by WasiuAdisa(m): 11:58am On Dec 18, 2019
I assume my post falls within the terms set for joining this thread. If not do let me know so i can remove my post.

Hello. My name is Wasiu Adisa. I'm a freelance web developer. I can build you a website to display your cars and have a permanent online presence for your car sale business.

You can reach me by phone:
+234-8184-3366-63

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.