Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,481 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (522002 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 10:28pm On Jul 06, 2021
obidevine:
Who can advice on the best brake fluid to use for a toyota camry LE V4 2012 ?
google
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by oyepaulkay(m): 10:38pm On Jul 07, 2021
santakris:

Buy and travel to anywhere. Nothing to fix. Ready to travel

And AC very okay too?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Odion2016(m): 12:15am On Jul 08, 2021
Please house,,anyone has idea of how much a tokunbo steering rack for camry 05 costs?

And also how much tie rods costs for a camry 05 also..

Thanks..
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by santakris(m): 7:46am On Jul 08, 2021
oyepaulkay:

And AC very okay too?

Yes. AC working good
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Androidking: 8:31pm On Jul 08, 2021
Good Evening All. Please I have question.

U know that situation when u want to quickly over take a car ,, within a short period of time and in a tight place or when u want to overtake a trailer. Then u press your throttle with force and to the end , the can will behave like it's over charged and speed up so quick to give u turbor like speed, I think it is called TurborCharged.

My car can not do it again.

I removed it from Over drive still the same thing what could be the problem thanks .

I really miss that now I can hardly overtake kekebus ,

Toyota Matrix 2004
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by EgunMogaji2: 2:40pm On Jul 10, 2021
I’ll just leave this here

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Raphael007(m): 3:34pm On Jul 10, 2021
Please gurus I am in serious shit with my Lexus, it’s my first car and I am serious learning forgive me if you are seeing my ish every time here am sorry please help a brother out again. I serviced my car Around April 2 and I used the very first oil I used when I first serviced it w5-30 castrol oil mangnetic but yesterday I got this check so I went back to my mechanic and I did another round of oil service with the air filter but after the service I still got this check so I am confused.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 9:11pm On Jul 10, 2021
Raphael007:
Please gurus I am in serious shit with my Lexus, it’s my first car and I am serious learning forgive me if you are seeing my ish every time here am sorry please help a brother out again. I serviced my car Around April 2 and I used the very first oil I used when I first serviced it w5-30 castrol oil magnetic but yesterday I got this check so I went back to my mechanic and I did another round of oil service with the air filter but after the service, I still got this check so I am confused.
can I ask why you are using the Magnetic version of your oil/? have you googled the right Oil weight? and as for the Oil service sign, you mechanic is not equipped to do your Oil change cos he does not have the scan tool to reset it.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 8:43am On Jul 11, 2021
Lexus Rx 330
I am yet to fix my car issue.
1. Door indicator not showing when door is opened and shows sometimes that door is opened when it’s actually closed.
2. Gear indicator not showing on tachometer.
* Tire pressure light always on.
3. Trunk not opening.
4. Ac controls not working. Replaced control no results. Replaced ac module. No results.
Scanned car and got B1626

Other than these faults. Car drives well.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by amstamon: 10:36am On Jul 11, 2021
Raphael007:
Please gurus I am in serious shit with my Lexus, it’s my first car and I am serious learning forgive me if you are seeing my ish every time here am sorry please help a brother out again. I serviced my car Around April 2 and I used the very first oil I used when I first serviced it w5-30 castrol oil mangnetic but yesterday I got this check so I went back to my mechanic and I did another round of oil service with the air filter but after the service I still got this check so I am confused.
That " maintenance required light need to be reset after service. Google it and watch the video on YouTube how to.

2 Likes

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Kingdemu: 1:11pm On Jul 11, 2021
TheNewAgeFarmer:
Lexus Rx 330
I am yet to fix my car issue.
1. Door indicator not showing when door is opened and shows sometimes that door is opened when it’s actually closed.
2. Gear indicator not showing on tachometer.
* Tire pressure light always on.
3. Trunk not opening.
4. Ac controls not working. Replaced control no results. Replaced ac module. No results.
Scanned car and got B1626

Other than these faults. Car drives well.
Body Control Module (BCM) checked?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by abootoyyib(m): 4:32pm On Jul 11, 2021
Good afternoon.

Please I am having problem getting a good tyre for my car.

Is Tokunbo or new one recommended ?

If new, which brand can you recommend sir ?

Thank you very much
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 4:55pm On Jul 11, 2021
No will be checked tomorrow!.
Kingdemu:
Body Control Module (BCM) checked?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erekere(m): 4:55pm On Jul 11, 2021
Pls house, is Mercedes benz E240 2004 a good car to buy? Pls
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by mayowa94: 2:30am On Jul 12, 2021
Good morning, please after buying a tokunbo car what are the things I should do and buy ? Also which oil is best and affordable for Corolla 2010

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ajetunmobiakeem: 4:11pm On Jul 12, 2021
Am into vehicle tracking and installation of cctv cameras installation of speedlimiter etc.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ajetunmobiakeem: 4:15pm On Jul 12, 2021
Car tracker is available
We sell we fix

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by fizcoo20(m): 8:53pm On Jul 14, 2021
Plz how much are they are selling Mazda 626 transmission.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kolagbemi(m): 4:16am On Jul 15, 2021
Guru in the house.
Please i need your advice.

I have just 800k and I need a car for Uber, please can you suggest a car for me.

I have seen EOD and 307.... but i was advised against both. I was told 307 auto has electrical problem.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Peppermintflav: 10:48am On Jul 15, 2021
kolagbemi:
Guru in the house.
Please i need your advice.

I have just 800k and I need a car for Uber, please can you suggest a car for me.

I have seen EOD and 307.... but i was advised against both. I was told 307 auto has electrical problem.
Why not try Honda Civic
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Zeksod: 10:33am On Jul 16, 2021
Peppermintflav:

Why not try Honda Civic
Good morning gurus,I just purchased a 2008 Honda crv and it has this noisy sound that comes from the front suspension when I drive on a rough road and I have replaced virtually every part there and the popping sound is still there.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by PrinceDave001(m): 11:01am On Jul 16, 2021
dru23:

At the time I had them it was a bit more expensive but nothing crazy at all. Not that huge compare to Toyota parts......you be able to afford it .....

I miss the car so much.... If you can get it for 1.9m that is a steal . hopefully it is low miles and also the transmission is very ok very strong... You should be fine
Kindly refer a good Hyundai mechanic on the mainland
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dru23(m): 11:21am On Jul 16, 2021
PrinceDave001:

Kindly refer a good Hyundai mechanic on the mainland

I try to avoid recommending people or mechanics....consistency is a big problem for most and lack of quality parts plays a role too......

2 Likes

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Dahreformer2666: 11:57pm On Jul 16, 2021
Hello Gazuzz and the rest of my ogas in the house
I recently noticed issues with my car speaker kia optima infinity speaker , and when I took the car to the Rewire shop, I was told the speaker is spoil needs to be replaced, the problem is , I can't find the same speaker here in ilorin, and he ( the Rewire said maybe we should tried other speaker that can work with

Here is my question sir , please is it possible to get a token tokunbo or China kia infinity speaker for the ( the two driver side speaker or can I used any other speaker that can work with it ?

And please did you have an ideal of where I can get it , have tried Jiji , can't seems to find it ?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Kingdemu: 7:11am On Jul 17, 2021
Dahreformer2666:
Hello Gazuzz and the rest of my ogas in the house
I recently noticed issues with my car speaker kia optima infinity speaker , and when I took the car to the Rewire shop, I was told the speaker is spoil needs to be replaced, the problem is , I can't find the same speaker here in ilorin, and he ( the Rewire said maybe we should tried other speaker that can work with

Here is my question sir , please is it possible to get a token tokunbo or China kia infinity speaker for the ( the two driver side speaker or can I used any other speaker that can work with it ?

And please did you have an ideal of where I can get it , have tried Jiji , can't seems to find it ?
Why not juat get a correct aftermarket speaker and just install?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by emma1st(m): 9:43am On Jul 17, 2021
Please house, I have Toyota Hiace Hummer 1. I'm thinking of selling it or give it out as hire purchase since I have another one that I'm currently using.
Kindly advise.
Thanks all
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Balistic4: 9:18pm On Jul 17, 2021
good day guys, my 2005 Corolla recently showed check engine light, after scanning it, the result showed that it is o2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1. I spoke to my mechanic about changing it, he said he can service the one I'm currently using. it's been 24hrs after servicing it and the check engine light is back. I want to buy another one but when I asked one dealer like that he said new one will cost me 15k and tokunbo will cost me 8k. he however advised me to go for the tokunbo. what do you advise?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Tobichuks08: 7:42am On Jul 18, 2021
Please is  Toyota Camry 2012 Model LE s good car?
Why isn't it as popular as most cars i see being sold here.
Is it good for ubber?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by miracle1997: 7:52am On Jul 18, 2021
Raphael007:

Clear it...use youtube
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by obidevine(m): 8:02am On Jul 18, 2021
miracle1997:

Clear it...use youtube

Clearing the code doesn't mean the issue has been resolved. Even if you clear it, the check engine light will come back on after a while meaning that there is a stored code that's needs resolution.

Ask Gazzuzz

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.