Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,519 members, 7,812,612 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (522532 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by aboyaji(m): 10:03am On Nov 30, 2021
Good morning all.

Please, what's the recommended engine oil for servicing a Honda civic 2008?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dru23(m): 1:25pm On Nov 30, 2021
aboyaji:
Good morning all.

Please, what's the recommended engine oil for servicing a Honda civic 2008?

5w20...... I hope it is tokunbo , and if it is not, use what the previous owners has been using

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by aboyaji(m): 1:53pm On Nov 30, 2021
dru23:

5w20...... I hope it is tokunbo , and if it is not, use what the previous owners has been using

1. You mean ANY 5w20?

2. And what's the price for it?

3. During the servicing, what other things are required to go with the services? Oil filter replacement? Gaskets or what other things?

Note: It's my first car. Nigerian used but tokunbo engine.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dru23(m): 2:23pm On Nov 30, 2021
aboyaji:

1. You mean ANY 5w20?

2. And what's the price for it?

3. During the servicing, what other things are required to go with the services? Oil filter replacement? Gaskets or what other things?

Note: It's my first car. Nigerian used but tokunbo engine.

1. Buy what meets the manufacture specification.. Long story short buy the ones imported from the USA.

2. The ones I posted super Tech Advance is going for 22500k . And u can change it every 10k miles regardless of usage. The engine oil is formulated to do 20k miles , but my advice is 10k miles regardless of ur usage....

3.For servicing ... Basic things....

A. Change oil and oil filter
B. Check transmission fluid.. If it is pinkish in color leave it . it means it is still good , but if it is dark in color plz change am with the recommended transmission fluid...
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by aboyaji(m): 5:17pm On Nov 30, 2021
dru23:

1. Buy what meets the manufacture specification.. Long story short buy the ones imported from the USA.

2. The ones I posted super Tech Advance is going for 22500k . And u can change it every 10k miles regardless of usage. The engine oil is formulated to do 20k miles , but my advice is 10k miles regardless of ur usage....

3.For servicing ... Basic things....

A. Change oil and oil filter
B. Check transmission fluid.. If it is pinkish in color leave it . it means it is still good , but if it is dark in color plz change am with the recommended transmission fluid...

Thanks for your advice.

I recently changed my transmission fluid. It's still very much pinkish.

So, I'm left with the engine oil and filter. Though, I was advised to go for total quartz oil. Don't really know which.

And how do we even calculate 10,000 miles and the likes while driving?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ArticleBeast: 5:40pm On Nov 30, 2021
aboyaji:

Thanks for your advice.

I recently changed my transmission fluid. It's still very much pinkish.

So, I'm left with the engine oil and filter. Though, I was advised to go for total quartz oil. Don't really know which.

And how do we even calculate 10,000 miles and the likes while driving?
Write down the mileage you changed it and do the math
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by aboyaji(m): 5:52pm On Nov 30, 2021
ArticleBeast:

Write down the mileage you changed it and do the math

Thanks Boss. Ihe onye na amaghi, kariri ya.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by CaDhapo(m): 12:38pm On Dec 01, 2021
[Hi,
Please am interested in a CAR HIRE PURCAHSE with initial payment and monthly installment payment plan,
A Honda civic 2006/2008 or Toyota corolla sport 2010
My WhatsApp number is 09034116402
I am based in Gbagada area of Lagos State
I will await a response urgently as soon as possible
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by opomulero(m): 9:37am On Dec 03, 2021
good morning

please at what mileage is good to change mobil super 2000 semi-synthetic 5w-30.?

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by rapheal5(m): 3:24pm On Dec 03, 2021
Pls i need 2005 corolla open roof glass
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by skywalker240(m): 4:50pm On Dec 03, 2021
CaDhapo:
[Hi,
Please am interested in a CAR HIRE PURCAHSE with initial payment and monthly installment payment plan,
A Honda civic 2006/2008 or Toyota corolla sport 2010
My WhatsApp number is 09034116402
I am based in Gbagada area of Lagos State
I will await a response urgently as soon as possible
My brother, hustle for your own money and buy your own ride nothing beats that.

Hire purchase in Nigeria is something else

2 Likes

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Felakezman(m): 6:00pm On Dec 03, 2021
Good evening house.. Pls what unit does the toyota camry 03 odometer reads in??
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by emmy9500: 8:33pm On Dec 04, 2021
Felakezman:
Good evening house.. Pls what unit does the toyota camry 03 odometer reads in??
Depends on the Bolder metrics on your speedometer, if the MPH is bolder than your odometer will read in miles
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Witchersunited: 12:47pm On Dec 05, 2021
Good afternoon all, I am using a 2009 Toyota Corolla, it started showing maintenance required sign a few weeks back along with the indicator in the picture attached, also noticed that the mpg keeps decreasing by single digits whenever I drive it, I can leave the house with 19.8mpg and return with 19.7mpg, i don't know if anybody has experienced something similar, thank you.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nymphomaniac(m): 12:41pm On Dec 06, 2021
opomulero:
good morning

please at what mileage is good to change mobil super 2000 semi-synthetic 5w-30.?
3k miles or 5k km
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Handsome1: 10:39pm On Dec 10, 2021
Good evening house,please I’m thinking of going into car importation but I want to start small and see how it turns out for me…but someone advices I try accidented cars with little damage not damaged to the engine but body or the boot that fixing it won’t cost me a lot I don’t know if that’s true I need assistance on how I can begin but I would like to start with a less expensive car…Thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Miee: 7:05pm On Dec 12, 2021
Is the Mercedes-Benz C400 a worthy drag race competitor to be put against the Mercedes E63 AMG?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HynkGhaRChk
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by mexzychikwe(m): 7:59pm On Dec 12, 2021
Please my people I'm very confused I want to get a Nigerian used car. Is either Toyota camry 2008 thump start v6 or Toyota avalon 2008 thump start. Please which of them will start as a Nigerian used car.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by citywal(m): 11:08pm On Dec 13, 2021
Can it go for hire purchase
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by EgunMogaji2: 3:18am On Dec 15, 2021
Should be for sale on soon. First body, toks

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by DanIduh06: 12:13pm On Dec 15, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
Should be for sale on soon. First body, toks

No details.
How soon is soon?
Greetings Egbon mi

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by EgunMogaji2: 12:33pm On Dec 15, 2021
DanIduh06:

No details.
How soon is soon?
Greetings Egbon mi

Sorry na joke.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by DMechyy: 9:19am On Dec 17, 2021
Handsome1:
Good evening house,please I’m thinking of going into car importation but I want to start small and see how it turns out for me…but someone advices I try accidented cars with little damage not damaged to the engine but body or the boot that fixing it won’t cost me a lot I don’t know if that’s true I need assistance on how I can begin but I would like to start with a less expensive car…Thanks

Car importation is capital intensive. It will tie your money down most of the time.

The best and safer route is if you get people to pay part payment for a vehicle of their choice before importing. Of course, there is a wait period.

If you really want to go into it, start with flipping Nigerian used cars, buy cheap. Some are with bad engines with great body, or people who just want to upgrade their vehicles.

The idea is to buy cheap, fix, and sell at a decent amount, of course you can, coz you bought cheap.

If you don't know anything about car repairs,
You might just be bringing business to your mechanic and making little profit with a lot of headache.

Whatever business you are into now, that has made you enough money to want to venture into car importation, I will rather you do more of that.
Getting in a business you know little about is a recipe for village peoples hands

2 Likes

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by 9icetoo(m): 10:25am On Dec 17, 2021
DMechyy:

Car importation is capital intensive. It will tie your money down most of the time.

The best and safer route is if you get people to pay part payment for a vehicle of their choice before importing. Of course, there is a wait period.

If you really want to go into it, start with flipping Nigerian used cars, buy cheap. Some are with bad engines with great body, or people who just want to upgrade their vehicles.

The idea is to buy cheap, fix, and sell at a decent amount, of course you can, coz you bought cheap.

If you don't know anything about car repairs,
You might just be bringing business to your mechanic and making little profit with a lot of headache.

Whatever business you are into now, that has made you enough money to want to venture into car importation, I will rather you do more of that.
Getting in a business you know little about is a recipe for village peoples hands
Truer words have never been spoken.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Viking007(m): 2:15pm On Dec 18, 2021
opomulero:
good morning

I bought this oil for 14,000 yesterday. I never knew it was so expensive.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nymphomaniac(m): 3:33am On Dec 19, 2021
Viking007:
I bought this oil for 14,000 yesterday. I never knew it was so expensive.
it’s 9200 presently for 4ltrs n about 12k for 5ltrs. Where did you buy yours?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Viking007(m): 5:28am On Dec 19, 2021
nymphomaniac:
it’s 9200 presently for 4ltrs n about 12k for 5ltrs. Where did you buy yours?
Kubwa, Abuja. I even visited 2 places.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Alba3: 11:27pm On Dec 20, 2021
Please, which of these ring size will be good for for 2004 Corolla engine that still drives ok but a little bit of oil shortage and early morning little smoke (sometimes bluish or greyish):

I saw 3types namely:
- Standard
- oversize 0.50mm
- oversize 1.0mm
Can you confirm the one that is needed?

The engine was recently changed. Not encouraged to buy another one. Someone is sending genuine rings from US. Please, which one should I ask him to send among the above?

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Peppermintflav: 7:21am On Dec 21, 2021
Alba3:
Please, which of these ring size will be good for for 2004 Corolla engine that still drives ok but a little bit of oil shortage and early morning little smoke (sometimes bluish or greyish):

I saw 3types namely:
- Standard
- oversize 0.50mm
- oversize 1.0mm

The engine was recently changed. Not encouraged to buy another one. Someone is sending genuine rings from US. Please, which one should I ask him to send among the above?
Gazzuzz over to you
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:26am On Dec 21, 2021
Alba3:

I saw 3types namely:
- Standard
- oversize 0.50mm
- oversize 1.0mm

Measure the bore if you want a response.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Alba3: 8:25am On Dec 21, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Measure the bore if you want a response.
Yes sir, engine cylinder bore must be measured first but I'm still making use of car daily, don't really ready to dismantle engine. Just wanted to use an opportunity of hand delivery of those piston rings this weekend. I should just cancel it then.

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.