Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,554 members, 7,812,776 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (522570 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by codeKart(m): 9:21am On Dec 21, 2021
Does anybody stock Toyota parts here? Can you let me know the price for the following (03/04 Corolla):

Front bumper
Bonnet
Left full light
Left fender
Front grill
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by rennylaw(m): 12:20am On Dec 23, 2021
Good morning house.

I use a Honda accord 2005 EOD. Ever since I bought a new compressor for the AC, the car's engine trembles seriously once I turn on the Ac and the engine is idle. But it runs perfectly if the car is in motion.

I have checked the engine mounts, and they are still okay. Can you please provide a hint on what the issue is and how to fix it.

Thank you
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by greatstephenho(m): 8:32am On Dec 23, 2021
Are you traveling this festive holiday?

Make sure you get your car fixed.
All kinds of Volkswagen cars from 2005 till date

We are here for you. 08034783992
Just a DM
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by melviniyke2002(m): 10:39am On Dec 23, 2021
rennylaw:
Good morning house.

I use a Honda accord 2005 EOD. Ever since I bought a new compressor for the AC, the car's engine trembles seriously once I turn on the Ac and the engine is idle. But it runs perfectly if the car is in motion.

I have checked the engine mounts, and they are still okay. Can you please provide a hint on what the issue is and how to fix it.

Thank you
maybe u brgt a manual compressor

2 Likes

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by rennylaw(m): 2:50pm On Dec 23, 2021
melviniyke2002:

Wow manual compressor? What is the difference between a manual compressor and a non manual compressor?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by autologic: 6:30am On Dec 24, 2021
melviniyke2002:
Not a possibility cos for the vehicle type the compressor design is already the manual type .
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by autologic: 9:25am On Dec 24, 2021
rennylaw:
Good morning house.

Thank you
What u need to confirm is if the ac system has not been installed outside the controlled loop of the ecu.
The way u know is if you have a "third part mechanical thermostat" introduced for triggering the ac system off ( local rewires and ladipo boys crude way of installing ac systems grin )

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ayo84(m): 9:11am On Dec 25, 2021
Hello everyone I have a Peugeot 206 which has gone through 4 different mechanics and it all ended up being manipulated, from one mechanic to another, it all ended up in chaos in the car having problems. Is there a reliable mechanic I can find here to work on it and also repaint it
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by FordARS679: 12:01pm On Dec 26, 2021
Morning people, does anyone have an idea of how much a wheel screen for BMW 328i cost
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 12:04pm On Dec 26, 2021
FordARS679:
Morning people, does anyone have an idea of how much a wheel screen for BMW 328i cost

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by 606thearena: 4:06pm On Dec 26, 2021
Good afternoon Nairalanders
Please I need your advise my car sun roof is not working . It will look like something that wants to open but will not open . Since the car was bought it has never opened. Car brand Toyota Camry 010
Please how can I fix it who do I take it to location Benin city . Please I need your input and advise.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Mat0023: 12:56pm On Dec 29, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Hallenjay: 8:03pm On Dec 29, 2021
Good day men and gazzuzu

Pls how else do one diagnose LOW OIL PRESSURE ON 2010 CORROLA.

Immediately you drive to some certain hours ,the low oil pressure will come on with a warning sound "pon pon".

It will be coming at intervals until you shutdown, den it won't come up until engine is on for some hours again.

NB : All the oil are new with filter and still very gaged. My kazeem said it's oil pump dat I will need to change and instead of doing that I should forego the engine and replace with a new one. I.e sell the engine at this stage and have it replaced.

His reason is that the pump changing is actually difficult and we may not found a compatible oil pump like, out of 10, it may be two that will work and this will only be confirmed after some hours drive again and the indications refuse to pop which means if we r doing so, we could b opening the engine everyday for 10 days just to get the compatible one. .
This is the dilemma I found my self and have tot to seek better solution from professionals here.

CC: Gazzuzu promax and everyone here.

My location is Riverstate for who can be of help physically.
Pls don mind my grammar.I just drop it d way e de pain me.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by easyflow: 10:08pm On Dec 29, 2021
My Camry don't accelerate more than 60km/hr unless I remove my leg from the accelerator and press after few seconds.. also the check engine starts blinking when ever I try to move more than 60km/hr.. please gurus in the house I need help.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by melviniyke2002(m): 10:40am On Jan 01, 2022
easyflow:
My Camry don't accelerate more than 60km/hr unless I remove my leg from the accelerator and press after few seconds.. also the check engine starts blinking when ever I try to move more than 60km/hr.. please gurus in the house I need help.
cc Gazzuzz
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:48am On Jan 01, 2022
easyflow:

Have it scanned.

You can own a portable scanner, visit this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/6885954/xtool-advance-ad10-auto-car
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by easyflow: 9:14pm On Jan 01, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Have it scanned.

Thanks boss
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by easyflow: 9:19pm On Jan 01, 2022
GAZZUZZ:

Have it scanned.

How can I get this? I am in Lokoja
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:23am On Jan 02, 2022
easyflow:

How can I get this? I am in Lokoja

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by smestudio: 8:30am On Jan 02, 2022
Hello, good morning. Please is there anyone who can recommend a very reliable auto shop where I can have my car repainted. Its an Honda Accord (2009 Model).

Preferably somewhere on the Lagos Island/Victoria Island/Lekki axis with very affordable pricing and professional services
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 2:11am On Jan 03, 2022
Happy weekend year.

For the processing of your vehicle tinted permit and doctor's report,

WHATSAPP HERE

or call 0 8 1 3 4 8 0 3 4 4 9

Processed swiftly without delay
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by lekan0741(m): 7:54am On Jan 04, 2022
NairaLanders, I need your input. I am interested in Toyota Corolla hatchback ranging from 2000-2007, it seems to be scarce here in Nigeria especially Tokunbo. Can you help me in the following; 1. What should I budget for this car 2. Is it advisable to source in neighbouring countries like Togo? 3. Any other options for a hatchback car. Thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Androidking: 5:47pm On Jan 04, 2022
I want to top up gear fluid oil automatic transmission, must I use the previous product , like I used oando product befor ,can I use another product gear if I want to top up . Thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by LOUISXIV: 6:58pm On Jan 07, 2022
Please my Lexus RX300 check engine light is always on despite several attempts to get this cleared. Kazeems have been doing lots of trial and error and I’m tired. Also when I drive with the AC on, the check engine light starts to blink and the car starts to misfire and when I brake in traffic, it quenches. But when I drive without AC, all is good, no issues apart from the check engine light that is always on. Pleas what can be the cause of this?
Also, please can anyone recommend a good Lexus RX300 mechanic around Ketu/Mile12 axis. A good mechanic that scans a car before attempting to fix.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 8:23pm On Jan 07, 2022
LOUISXIV:
Please my Lexus RX300 check engine light is always on despite several attempts to get this cleared. Kazeems have been doing lots of trial and error and I’m tired. Also when I drive with the AC on, the check engine light starts to blink and the car starts to misfire and when I brake in traffic, it quenches. But when I drive without AC, all is good, no issues apart from the check engine light that is always on. Pleas what can be the cause of this?
Also, please can anyone recommend a good Lexus RX300 mechanic around Ketu/Mile12 axis. A good mechanic that scans a car before attempting to fix.
Starting point, go and Scan your car and come back here with the codes.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by gnhpowerhouse: 12:33am On Jan 11, 2022
erico2k2:

Starting point, go and Scan your car and come back here with the codes.
. Good advise..Follow it Pls.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by charleymahn: 2:11pm On Jan 11, 2022
good day please i would like to ask i have an option of buying an hyundai accent 2013 or honda city 2009, and would like to use it for car hire services (bolt). ols which will you recommend and why.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ReformerD: 11:20pm On Jan 11, 2022
Please, car guru in the house, please what does this sign me in a car and what can I do to completely fix it

Okay.. I started noticing the light after the mechanic work on the shock absorbers and the steering rack

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kingreign(m): 11:26pm On Jan 11, 2022
ReformerD:
Please, car guru in the house, please what does this sign me in a car and what can I do to completely fix it

Okay.. I started noticing the light after the mechanic work on the shock absorbers and the steering rack
That's your skid control or traction control system deactivated. If you're in Abuja, contact me to fix it.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ReformerD: 12:11am On Jan 12, 2022
kingreign:

That's your skid control or traction control system deactivated. If you're in Abuja, contact me to fix it.
I’m in Ilorin which is really far from your location. Please what does it mine for the light to stay on for awhile and go off after driving with it for awhile

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.