Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (524125 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Finest4luv1(m): 6:23pm On Aug 24, 2022
Hi guys,
I need lexus Es 350 full option (panoramic roof, android screen etc)

Location- Ago palace way Lagos
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by michaelpenz(m): 8:13pm On Aug 24, 2022
How to get your car out of a stucked area

https://youtube.com/shorts/F62zf625sA4?feature=share
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by MedicH: 4:32pm On Aug 26, 2022
richforever123:
Good morning,

I parked my car for like a month due to the heavy rains and my area gets flooded

When I try to use the car it has a hard start, if it starts, when I push my leg against the acceleration pedal nothing happens, I also notice the dashboard the pointers do not move at all i.e RPM stays at Zero

These are what I have done

Changed Spark Plug
Change Engine Valve
Cleaned Throttle Body

My Research online points to Changing the Crankshaft Position Sensor

Attached is a picture of the Dashboard when the engine is running and I am trying to accelerate

Change the engine.

Since you're a fan of throwing parts around instead of a simple obd scan.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Gluck4cars: 7:01pm On Aug 26, 2022
dbshaywhy:
Good professionals... Please... I just got a Toyota rav4 2002 model manual transmission, but the fuel gauge indicator on the dashboard isn't working, technicians have checked for me and said its from the dashboard that am going to change it.... So I try checking it online but I needed someone into parts to know its price or probably other possible solutions.

The fuel guage in the instrument cluster doesn't go bad easily, compared to the Sending unit, fuse, or broken wire. Has your auto-electrician tested these possibilities before concluding on replacing instrument cluster?
If you still need price for the cluster, remind me on Sunday and I will ask an importer at Ladipo on Monday.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Gluck4cars: 7:53pm On Aug 26, 2022
richforever123:
Good morning,

1) When I try to use the car it has a hard start,

2) if it starts, when I push my leg against the acceleration pedal nothing happens, I also notice the dashboard the pointers do not move at all i.e RPM stays at Zero

These are what I have done

Changed Spark Plug
Change Engine Valve
Cleaned Throttle Body

You need to supply Car model and DTCs from a scanner to get any reasonable response.

The repairs (spark plug and others) you did, I guess was to address the hard starting. What's the status now, is it only the Dashboard issue you have left?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dbshaywhy(m): 10:50am On Aug 27, 2022
Gluck4cars:

The fuel guage in the instrument cluster doesn't go bad easily, compared to the Sending unit, fuse, or broken wire. Has your auto-electrician tested these possibilities before concluding on replacing instrument cluster?
If you still need price for the cluster, remind me on Sunday and I will ask an importer at Ladipo on Monday.
Yes he has checked it all
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by richforever123: 3:46pm On Aug 27, 2022
Gluck4cars:

You need to supply Car model and DTCs from a scanner to get any reasonable response.

The repairs (spark plug and others) you did, I guess was to address the hard starting. What's the status now, is it only the Dashboard issue you have left?

Thank you all for the messages

The problem was the wiring in the Throttle Body, it was disconnected and my mechanic fixed it, Scanning did not produce any tangible result

Thanks all
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Gluck4cars: 8:54pm On Aug 27, 2022
richforever123:

The problem was the wiring in the Throttle Body, it was disconnected and my mechanic fixed it

Thank God for happy closure.
Shalom !!
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Miee: 6:28pm On Aug 28, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtgY8vfptMo

This Half-British brand, MG, used to build supercars back in the days and they returned with daily drivers and the price of their flagship is shocking! Imagine owning a car easy-peasy in this Buhari economy and with features you’d find in a Porsche!
No need for long talk. Please just click on the link above. I have all the gist there. Please subscribe, like and share
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Jimraz4: 4:28am On Aug 29, 2022
Good morning Oga Ikenna and other car Gurus in the house. I use Nissan Almera 2000. My problem started when the car started shorting engine oil. My mechanic recommended that I should ring the engine.
I told him am skeptical about the idea, but when I ask for the price of new engine it's on a high side so I opted for the ringing which cost me 50k. After the ringing I discovered the car temperature is rising even on short distances. Have not travelled far with the car after the ringing.

Pls I need advice on what could be the issue and solution, plus the engine makes more noise unlike before. Like when i reach my destination and put the gear on park. The engine makes noise like am reving it but am not.

Pls I need your advice. Thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Kusimohabeeb(m): 7:56am On Aug 29, 2022
Car Registration And Renewal Services:

Welcome to Car Registration and Renewal.
Remember to check your vehicle documents today.
Drop your message we will get back to you as soon as possible. Call&WhatsApp
Website
https://car-registration-and-renewal.business.site/

Onitiri Kusimo Habeeb
God bless you

Verify the status of your number plate to confirm if it is gueniue
http://verify.autoreg.ng/

Verify if you are not owing
https://payvis.ng/

Verify the status of your insurance
https://www.askniid.org/VerifyPolicy.aspx

Car Registration And Renewal Services:
Good day, You can renew your car documents and drivers license one month before it expires
Remember to check your documents today.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Kristolite: 10:18am On Aug 30, 2022
Good day. i drive a Toyota Camry 03. Some months ago I noticed it goes into 4th gear but with a high rev at 60 to 70 km/h and jerks to get into 4th gear. Currently, it hardly gets into 4th. Hope it's a minor issue that won't require me replacing the whole transmission. What should I do? Help...thanks
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by babapressy(m): 8:30am On Sep 01, 2022
Urgent sale
Baby boy 4plug....WhatsApp....08135881159

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Gluck4cars: 10:45pm On Sep 02, 2022
Kristolite:
Good day. i drive a Toyota Camry 03. Some months ago I noticed it goes into 4th gear but with a high rev at 60 to 70 km/h and jerks to get into 4th gear. Currently, it hardly gets into 4th. Hope it's a minor issue that won't require me replacing the whole transmission. What should I do? Help...thanks
Get a competent mechanic to repair based on scan report immediately. You are on the verge of swapping gear box at N80-120k
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 03, 2022
Happy weekend your excellencies.

For the processing of your doctor's report on tinted permit, I'm your sure plug.

>>> CLICK HERE TO CHAT ON WHATSAPP <<<

or call. . . . 0 8 1 3 4 8 0 3 4 4 9

Processed swiftly without delay

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jamesfadil: 11:04pm On Sep 06, 2022
This is the best car in the world

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by joungblood(m): 7:31am On Sep 08, 2022
This is a sweet ride, neat, no fault
Lexus RX350 2010 full option
Mouse, reverse cam, chilling ac, nothing to fix
Owner is relocating, car needs to go this week
So make me your over and the higest bider takes it, milage 80k, 1year + used.

Call or whatsapp me on 07065318954
Location is sango ota, ogun state

Cryptocurrency payment accepted too

Make your offer if it's good enough you get yourself the latest most reliable ride in town.
Please do not comment here if you're not serious.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by MedicH: 8:53pm On Sep 08, 2022
Jimraz4:
Good morning Oga Ikenna and other car Gurus in the house. I use Nissan Almera 2000. My problem started when the car started shorting engine oil. My mechanic recommended that I should ring the engine.
I told him am skeptical about the idea, but when I ask for the price of new engine it's on a high side so I opted for the ringing which cost me 50k. After the ringing I discovered the car temperature is rising even on short distances. Have not travelled far with the car after the ringing.

Pls I need advice on what could be the issue and solution, plus the engine makes more noise unlike before. Like when i reach my destination and put the gear on park. The engine makes noise like am reving it but am not.

Pls I need your advice. Thanks

The engine is ruined. These are a plethora of issues that will be almost impossible to fix. The person that ringed the engine should know what he is missing and correct accordingly.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Estimable(m): 2:42pm On Sep 10, 2022
Who knows what that orange indicator means?

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Peppermintflav: 3:07pm On Sep 10, 2022
Estimable:
Who knows what that orange indicator means?
Check your tail lights, one or more bulbs is faulty.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Procarpenter: 2:25pm On Sep 11, 2022
Call or WhatsApp me for your roofing carpenter work my price is affordable wood roofing and I install all kinds of roofing sheet installation with 100% warranty with 20% discount on all my work contact me through my signature below and I work worldwide

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Maxijoe(m): 8:44pm On Sep 11, 2022
Good evening everyone, the wire on the negative terminal on my battery got disconected and I drove straight back home for over 15km without connecting it back. which means I drove back home batteryless. Did I have anything to worry about. saying this because the battery has finally ran down. I fixed the wire as soon as I got home, run it for some time, locked the car and went to rest only for me to come back to pick sometging from the car
and discovered the battery has completely run down. Pls, anything to worry about?
Thanks.
@GAZZUZ, LUVINGHUBBY,KINGREIGN
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by forahanj: 5:30pm On Sep 15, 2022
Hey guys, what are your opinions on Volvo V70 D3 Summum Diesel?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by joungblood(m): 6:00pm On Sep 15, 2022
Hello between lexus RX350 2010-12
And Benz ML 350 2012 which one is more better.

In terms of reliability
Value
Bad road
And general.
Beauty and fanciness no follow as both ar good in that aspect
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ManAdii: 10:05pm On Sep 15, 2022
Please which car scanner do you guys use?
I want to get one. I'm a first time car owner abeg make una no vex.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by joungblood(m): 1:57pm On Sep 16, 2022
Neat sweet ride
Black lexus rx350 2010
*Registered
*allow rims
*full option
*Bluetooth
*sound system blasting
*engine and gear in perfect condition
*shocks, suspension all �
*upgraded to 2015
*reverse camera
*panoramic roof
*ac chilling like Canada
*DVD TV for back seaters
*first body *custom papers intact, tincan cleared, buy this ride and travel lagos to London.
*accident free
*comes with top notch security and free tracker
*nobody can start the car unless the owner
*this car wasn't driven much as the owner have fleet of cars (house of rep member)
Buying this car will give you lots of social benefits and security.

This is what we call value for money �

6month guarantee if purchased

Asking price 8 million naira only
Bitcoin payment accepted too
Call or whatsapp me on

if interested, location sango ota. Please do not bother to dm if you are not serious or low baller

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ManAdii: 2:54pm On Sep 16, 2022
Them say person wey dy ask questions no dy miss road. Abeg sorry to disturb you guys again. I'm a first timer.
Below is the vehicle I intend buying I need honest reviews. It's mazda 6 1.8L 2007 comfort.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dbshaywhy(m): 10:11pm On Sep 16, 2022
dbshaywhy:
Good professionals... Please... I just got a Toyota rav4 2002 model manual transmission, but the fuel gauge indicator on the dashboard isn't working, technicians have checked for me and said its from the dashboard that am going to change it.... So I try checking it online but I needed someone into parts to know its price or probably other possible solutions.
Unfortunately after getting another cluster, it was fixed, the fuel guage still not work... We later discovered it was wire problem and even the former was working perfectly...
I would love to put the new one for sale... Any part sellers or end user interested should contact me...
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by jamesfadil: 9:49pm On Sep 17, 2022
I want this hummer truck

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Miee: 7:03pm On Sep 18, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQbgoSWjv5U

This 12 years old S65 AMG has so many standard features that are optional extras is most new cars but the maintenance cost is crazy!!!
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nwajesus12(m): 8:29pm On Sep 22, 2022
babapressy:
Urgent sale
Baby boy 4plug....WhatsApp....08135881159
20k?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nwajesus12(m): 8:30pm On Sep 22, 2022
joungblood:
This is a sweet ride, neat, no fault
Lexus RX350 2010 full option
Mouse, reverse cam, chilling ac, nothing to fix
Owner is relocating, car needs to go this week
So make me your over and the higest bider takes it, milage 80k, 1year + used.

Call or whatsapp me on 07065318954
Location is sango ota, ogun state

Cryptocurrency payment accepted too

Make your offer if it's good enough you get yourself the latest most reliable ride in town.
Please do not comment here if you're not serious.
owner is relocating angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.