Stats: 3,155,014 members, 7,825,186 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (524805 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by amaham(m): 8:19pm On Sep 06, 2018
amaham:
Thanks, i will do that right away
Thanks gazzuzz, the mechanic realigned the gear cable as you said and the gear selects well now. Thank you. Pls gazzuzz should set up an outfit here in south-south nigeria

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by timifakay(m): 9:05pm On Sep 06, 2018
iyatrustee:
Good day!

My 2012 Honda accord overheats but only when it is raining. I had to change my radiator cos I thought it was leaking yet the problem persist. I can drive all day without issue but within 5mins of rain, the temp begins to rise.

Anyone experienced this? what can I do pls? The mech said I need to replace my fan but the same fan works when it is not raining.

Gazzuzz
autojoshNG

Is the check engine light on?
If yes, scan vehicle and post codes.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by iyatrustee(f): 9:08pm On Sep 06, 2018
timifakay:

Is the check engine light on?
If yes, scan vehicle and post codes.

Not at all. I can drive around 4 long all day. Once it is raining, the temp begins to rise
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by timifakay(m): 9:10pm On Sep 06, 2018
iyatrustee:

Not at all. I can drive around 4 long all day. Once it is raining, the temp begins to rise

I might have to consult higher powers on this issue oh...
Sounds so absurd, any chance of leakage into the fuse box or dashboard?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by iyatrustee(f): 9:18pm On Sep 06, 2018
timifakay:

I might have to consult higher powers on this issue oh...
Sounds so absurd, any chance of leakage into the fuse box or dashboard?

Mech said my fan isnt working well. But i am curious as to why it will now manifest when d weather is cold and not in d hot sun

His explanation is that there isnt much breeze to complement d fan when it is raining hence it overheats
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:20pm On Sep 06, 2018
iyatrustee:
Good day!

My 2012 Honda accord overheats but only when it is raining. I had to change my radiator cos I thought it was leaking yet the problem persist. I can drive all day without issue but within 5mins of rain, the temp begins to rise.

Anyone experienced this? what can I do pls? The mech said I need to replace my fan but the same fan works when it is not raining.

Gazzuzz
autojoshNG

Interesting.

now let briefly understand how a cooling system works.

Coolant is cycled from the engine to the radiator, where the heat is dissipated.

What conditions are constant under all temp?

thermostat will open and close once temp of 90-96deg celcius is reached.

Cooling fans will blow in the direction of the engine to cool the coolant in radiator.

Pressure in the engine cooling system should vary according to temp values, hotter higher pressures, cooler, lower pressure.

Water pump will continue to transfer fluid through out the cooling system.

but in the rain, the temp of radiator will be much cooler than expected.

in that particular model there are 2 temp sensors, the CTS1 and CTS2 they provide real time info for engine computer and computer controls the operation of the fans.

what you have here is Fan failure caused by wrong information from CTS.

scan car to be sure, it should throw some CTS codes. it is an easy fix.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by iyatrustee(f): 9:22pm On Sep 06, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Interesting.

now let briefly understand how a cooling system works.

Coolant is cycled from the engine to the radiator, where the heat is dissipated.

What conditions are constant under all temp?

thermostat will open and close once temp of 90-96deg celcius is reached.

Cooling fans will blow in the direction of the engine to cool the coolant in radiator.

Pressure in the engine cooling system should vary according to temp values, hotter higher pressures, cooler, lower pressure.

Water pump will continue to transfer fluid through out the cooling system.

but in the rain, the temp of radiator will be much cooler than expected.

in that particular model there are 2 temp sensors, the CTS1 and CTS2 they provide real time info for engine computer and computer controls the operation of the fans.

what you have here is Fan failure caused by wrong information from CTS.

scan car to be sure, it should throw some CTS codes. it is an easy fix.

Thanks! Will do tommorow and revert
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kajo: 10:40pm On Sep 06, 2018
Hello amazing people,

I am considering selling off my 07 Camry to get 07 Mdx Acura.

Any advice on 07 Acura MDX?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by thebigkendo(m): 11:17pm On Sep 06, 2018
iyatrustee:
Good day!

Gazzuzz
autojoshNG

Interesting case here
Working with the assumption you don't have any check engine light on

My guess...
-Water is going somewhere it shouldn't.. Check your relay/fuse box, cable Harness, fan motor 2p connector.

-Partial contact somewhere.

-[s]A cable has a wound, hence grounding sometimes.. Coincidentally its happens during the rain[/s](this should blow a fuse)

-Village people grin grin

If I were in your shoes, what I will do the eliminate what part(load or control) of the circuit has the problem

I will connect the fan directly & drive around for some days.. If the problem persist with the fan connected directly, I will concentrate my troubleshooting from engine relay/fuse box to fan motor and also coolant thermostat ...

If the problem does not happen when fan is connected directly, I will troubleshoot engine relay/fuse box to brainbox

Am curious, please answer this
-Does your coolant level drop?
-What symptoms do you experience during the overheating?
-During the overheating, does the temperature guage go above the middle mark?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by thebigkendo(m): 11:39pm On Sep 06, 2018
kajo:
Hello amazing people,

Major upgraded

Toks or naija used?
If you get a good 07 Acura MDX, if you take care of it, it will take care of you too... Beautify car, Dashboard is like pilot's cockpit.. So many buttons to fiddle with grin grin

As with most HondaAcura, use the correct fluids and you will be fine.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by iyatrustee(f): 5:14am On Sep 07, 2018
@thebigkendo

-Does your coolant level drop?
-What symptoms do you experience during the overheating?
-During the overheating, does the temperature guage go above the middle mark? [/quote]

1. Aside the first time it droped cos i didnt not notice until it had hit the red mark, subsequent times, before it gets to the red, i park the car.

2. The temperature guage goes very low first, then begin to rise within a short period.
3. Yes it does.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by erico2k2(m): 6:26pm On Sep 07, 2018
iyatrustee:

Mech said my fan isnt working well. But i am curious as to why it will now manifest when d weather is cold and not in d hot sun

His explanation is that there isnt much breeze to complement d fan when it is raining hence it overheats

haha these mechanics will not kill person, this was how someone manage to fit the tyre to my Mrs car in the wrong direction of motion,
Now your question has been answered by GAZZUZZ,
Never try to connect your fan direct un any instance to drive,Never.
Your problem is simple, one of your sensor is telling the ECU that your Engine is cold enoug to shot down the fan.
possible physical check,you migh have water getting there, so have a look oga GAZZUZZ might have diagrams of location.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by tugrow(m): 10:16pm On Sep 07, 2018
Please my car got hit by a damfo driver this night, pleaee who can recommend a good panel and spraying technician workshop for the repairs

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kajo: 11:09pm On Sep 07, 2018
Hehehe @ fiddle

Yes, it is Toks.

I am kind of careful with my cars

thebigkendo:

Major upgraded

Toks or naija used?
If you get a good 07 Acura MDX, if you take care of it, it will take care of you too... Beautify car, Dashboard is like pilot's cockpit.. So many buttons to fiddle with grin grin

As with most HondaAcura, use the correct fluids and you will be fine.

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by tugrow(m): 11:52pm On Sep 07, 2018
My car just got scratch by a danfo driver, please can anyone recommend a good body panel and and spraying technician for me in Lagos
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by atelysir(m): 12:05pm On Sep 08, 2018
kajo:
Hello amazing people,

when you've decided Sir
I Am A Clearing And forwarding Agent At Tin Can Port Island Apapa And A Car Dealer Apapa Berger Sir
Contact me for Purchase

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by HenryWilliams(m): 3:25pm On Sep 08, 2018
empron:
Toyota camry hybrid car is one of the easiest car to maintain and is durable,Although the battery is a bit expensive but not necessary to change all when it break down,major causes of the battery breaking is due to heat or poor ventilation. All you need is to get someone who have experience in it with good diagnostic scanner.

You didn't answer his question. Would the car start and work without the hybrid battery?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kajo: 3:29pm On Sep 08, 2018
Okay. How much is this one going for?

atelysir:
when you've decided Sir
I Am A Clearing And forwarding Agent At Tin Can Port Island Apapa And A Car Dealer Apapa Berger Sir
Contact me for Purchase
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by atelysir(m): 7:31pm On Sep 08, 2018
kajo:

Sir can you please contact me on WhatsApp so we can discuss further Sir
Thank you
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by atelysir(m): 7:57am On Sep 09, 2018
kajo:

You'll get it here in the Market #4.5m downwards. it actually depends on your pick Sir.
If you're ready to come Sir budget that so you go with the best Sir
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by chucksbadt(m): 7:59am On Sep 09, 2018
Hi guys

i bought a volkswagen golf 4 yesterday.

Went all the way from Port harcourt to Delta state to pick it up, drove it back to Port Harcourt myself. I must say, the car is amazing, love the balance on the ground, love the control, very low fuel consumption. Its a 1.6 Engine (Manual transmission)

Now here's the problem
I used only 4 gears all through the 7 hour journey, hereby limiting my speed. Gear 5 refused to work all through, don't know why

I'm hoping it's a minor issue, what could be the cause?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 8:31am On Sep 09, 2018
chucksbadt:
Hi guys

i bought a volkswagen golf 4 yesterday.

Went all the way from Port harcourt to Delta state to pick it up, drove it back to Port Harcourt myself. I must say, the car is amazing, love the balance on the ground, love the control, very low fuel consumption. Its a 1.6 Engine (Manual transmission)

Now here's the problem
I used only 4 gears all through the 7 hour journey, hereby limiting my speed. Gear 5 refused to work all through, don't know why

I'm hoping it's a minor issue, what could be the cause?

what happens when you put in gear 5
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by chucksbadt(m): 9:19am On Sep 09, 2018
nurey:

what happens when you put in gear 5

Car will just be Revving
Won't accelerate
More like what happens when you put it on neutral
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 11:00am On Sep 09, 2018
chucksbadt:

Car will just be Revving Won't accelerate More like what happens when you put it on neutral
out of my league
probably an internal pin issue. let a technician view it for you
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by TireExpertNG: 6:22pm On Sep 09, 2018
Wheel Balancing & Alignment Technician at Weststar Vehicle Care Limited
Posted on: 27 July, 2018 Deadline: 31 August, 2018
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical View All Jobs at Weststar Vehicle Care Limited
Subscribe to free job alerts
Type Your Email...

If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Weststar Vehicle Care Limited - We are a registered Nigeria Auto Service Company that provides all your auto repair needs.

Wheel Balancing & Alignment Technician

Job TypeFull Time
Qualification
Experience 5 years
LocationLagos
Job FieldEngineering / Technical

Requirements

Candidates must be certified with at least five years experience in the tyre services business.
Must Have a Valid Driver's License.
Must be using an up to date computerised Alignment Machine.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Applications and Curriculum Vitae to: info@weststarvehiclecare.com

YOU CAN STILL APPLY
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by tugrow(m): 6:34pm On Sep 09, 2018
Hello room, please I drove my hyundai sonata 06 while rain was failing, I experienced this after I enter some a road that was filled with water, the car was not moving smoothly anymore rather it moved slowly but was firing high, it later stop but continue I observe again today... Please what could be the cause?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kajo: 3:51pm On Sep 10, 2018
Hello Amazing people, I need expert opinion.

I have two cars to pick one: 2007 Lexus ES 350 and Ford Explorer 2013 both 9ja used but clean.

I've not used Ford before and need some quick review so I can make a buying decision.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by opomulero(m): 6:30am On Sep 11, 2018
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by dipcyn(m): 9:32am On Sep 12, 2018
Hello everyone, I am in need of a clean and we'll maintained Nigerian used or tokunbo 2008-2010 Toyota Corolla or Honda Civic to use for Uber and Taxify services. I am looking for a pay to own arrangement (Hire purchase), where I can pay N30, 000 weekly instalments for 3 years. I live in a gated house with paid security guard in a gated estate also with uniformed security guards located in a very secure community. The car will be driven by me and am willing to provide all documentation including but not limited to:
* A valid driver's license
* A credible guarantor
* Bank account details (personal or corporate)
* Posted dated cheques or bank standing order
* Physical personal residence confirmation
* Police check (including records check, details verification and transaction undertaking)
* Comprehensive insurance of vehicle provided

You can reach me on 07061286241 (call, text and WhatsApp).
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Boxzyy24: 10:07am On Sep 12, 2018
Serious driver needed for Taxify!!! Clean Hyundai Elantra 2007 at 35,000 weekly
2 capable guarantors
Photocopy of valid drivers license
Contact on 08084423214

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by akinjis(m): 5:29pm On Sep 12, 2018
Truck Available for urgent sales was used too convey goods from holland...perfect condition contact/watsap me for details 08034539801

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Thegamingorca(m): 8:11pm On Sep 12, 2018
Abeg where can I buy fog lights to fix for my Toyota corolla

Something like that below the headlight

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52