Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Car Talk Chat Room - Car Talk (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Talk Chat Room (522894 Views)

Car Talk Chat Room / Car Talk Library / Do Not Post Sales Or Adverts In Car Talk Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by uchman(m): 7:06pm On Sep 28, 2018
nurey:

like I said gasket job wasn't done well. you already stated 2 symptoms
1. milky watery engine oil
2. water escaping in exhaust.

why you don't have a hard start I don't know. Oya let him redo the gasket this time following the recommended procedure and utilising OEM gasket

Sorry Nurey,
If I may ask you,
Are you an Automobile Engineer?
Because that's my field but I know almost nothing compare to you...
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by henrygale(m): 7:13pm On Sep 28, 2018
nurey:

like I said gasket job wasn't done well. you already stated 2 symptoms
1. milky watery engine oil
2. water escaping in exhaust.

why you don't have a hard start I don't know. Oya let him redo the gasket this time following the recommended procedure and utilising OEM gasket
Okay.
Will do that.
Thank you
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 8:53pm On Sep 28, 2018
uchman:

Sorry Nurey,
If I may ask you,
Are you an Automobile Engineer?
Because that's my field but I know almost nothing compare to you...

I didn't study anything related to automobile in school or even engineering.

I love cars and the love drove me to know more about them. If you put more effort you will even be better than me cause you know the basics and I don't.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by kaz4sure2015: 10:03pm On Sep 28, 2018
Good evening house

I need your help please

I had a lexus es350 , the dashboard was displaying oil maintenance error and low washer fluid error, after changing the oil with the recommended oil and filling the washer fluid, the error message is still displaying and wont go.

I recently change all my tires and did wheal balancing and alignment, after all this, the car is still displaying low tire pressure error and alignment error 

Can you advise on the possible way of clearing all this error message please.

You can reach me on 08062144529 if require
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Youngkingz(m): 12:57pm On Sep 29, 2018
For your installation of car tracker discussed with me today +2348103717718 your security is sure or u can whatsapp me for more details how the device work.
This device u can use your phone to control it
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by bestcartobuy: 9:55am On Oct 01, 2018
Ikenna351:
Hi all,

I realised there is a need for us to have a thread where we can say it very loud. Hence, the creation of this room.

In this room, we can derail as much as we want, discuss off topics, etc.

But please, no derogatory words, sales, adverts, spams or posting. Other than these, fire on!

*Note that this room is not for posting our normal car issues and seeking solutions for them. We have the entire section, outside this room, for that.

Moderator.

Thanks Ikenna for this thread. So much info to lay hands on.

I also found this article very helpful Best Car To Buy As A First CAR – As Your First Car: Car Buying Tips For First Time Buyers (Advice On First Car)

Here is the link:
https://dailysteer.com/best-car-to-buy-as-a-first-car-car-buying-tips-for-first-time-buyers-advice-on-first-car/
https://abetterwaytobuyacar.dailysteer.com/

You can also do well to check out this nairaland thread: https://www.nairaland.com/4769366/best-car-buy-first-car

God bless.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by generationz(f): 8:14pm On Oct 02, 2018
why are Nigerian used Nissan cars so cheap?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 8:51pm On Oct 02, 2018
generationz:
why are Nigerian used Nissan cars so cheap?

because Nigerians don't buy nissan vehicles except their compact sedan used for transportation on some parts of the country. When demand is low prices will be low. one of the laws of diminishing returns grin
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Wilfredpat22(f): 5:02am On Oct 03, 2018
Toyota Camry 2001 for sale.

*with Complete papers expiring August 2019
*Ac working with Gas
*Securities on the car include- Steering Lock and Door automatic lock
*Black Alloy Rims
*Extra Tire

Going for 630k last slightly negotiable
Location -Ibadan

Call /WhatsApp Zero Eight One Five One Three eight nine nine one five
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by generationz(f): 7:52pm On Oct 03, 2018
nurey:

because Nigerians don't buy nissan vehicles except their compact sedan used for transportation on some parts of the country. When demand is low prices will be low. one of the laws of diminishing returns grin

what about parts availability?

is buying a murano advisable for a first time buyer
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 8:04pm On Oct 03, 2018
generationz:

what about parts availability?

is buying a murano advisable for a first time buyer

The 2002-2007 had gear issues in some specimens so gear failure was common also it came only with a CVT transmission which is very sensitive to fluid wrong or fake fluid usage means replacement.

Then the 4wd had issues too with transfer case or so. Its a luxurious vehicle on its own but doesn't like an iota of abuse or manage manage repair

follow that thread to learn something

https://www.nairaland.com/509862/murano-transmission-problem
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by bukkylove2k22(m): 12:29am On Oct 04, 2018
2014 ml350 4matic clean no accident for sale direct from USA 40K USD

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by bukkylove2k22(m): 12:31am On Oct 04, 2018
2014 ml350 4matic clean no accident for sale 40k USD contact 07035204246

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Franknerd(m): 9:28pm On Oct 04, 2018
Hello house! Please is there any good mechanic for Nissan in Enugu who can also scan and interpret scan codes. Recommendations needed urgently!
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by mrbigseun(m): 10:51pm On Oct 04, 2018
Hello sir I have a camry 03 that just started giving me the check engine sign today plz what could be the reason the car is barely 2months
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Oyindidi(f): 6:40am On Oct 05, 2018
nurey:

My Mazda is giving me headache. I want to ask you few questions
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 7:56am On Oct 05, 2018
mrbigseun:
Hello sir I have a camry 03 that just started giving me the check engine sign today plz what could be the reason the car is barely 2months

Tokunbo is expected to have little fixes here and there, used is not new. Scan the car first and with code gotten you will fix the issue. Ensure you collect codes from the scan technician not a bill of fix.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 7:58am On Oct 05, 2018
Oyindidi:
My Mazda is giving me headache. I want to ask you few questions

yes you can ask please also let me have your car model and possibly engine type. e.g mazda xedos 2002model with 2.5L V6.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Oyindidi(f): 9:03am On Oct 05, 2018
nurey:

yes you can ask please also let me have your car model and possibly engine type. e.g mazda xedos 2002model with 2.5L V6.
Mazda 602 or so. I use it for transport. I don't have any idea of the other informations, I will check the papers latergrin. There's this noise the the is making and the mech said its the bolt joint or so. I want to ask if its the bolt joint.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 9:14am On Oct 05, 2018
Oyindidi:
Mazda 602 or so. I use it for transport. I don't have any idea of the other informations, I will check the papers latergrin. There's this noise the the is making and the mech said its the bolt joint or so. I want to ask if its the bolt joint.

if the sound isn't coming from the engine no need for engine type. I think what you mean is mazda 626 let's know the year then you talk about joint probably ball joint cause I have never heard of bolt joint.

Also sound cannot be diagnosed easily unless a physical inspection is done.

but you can narrow it down by telling us when the sound is pronounced eg making a bend turn, passing uneven road, at a certain speed of xkm/h etc.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Oyindidi(f): 9:17am On Oct 05, 2018
nurey:

if the sound isn't coming from the engine no need for engine type. I think what you mean is mazda 626 let's know the year then you talk about joint probably ball joint cause I have never heard of bolt joint.

Also sound cannot be diagnosed easily unless a physical inspection is done.

but you can narrow it down by telling us when the sound is pronounced eg making bend turn, passing uneven road, at a certain speed of xkm/h etc.
thanks dear Mazda 626. Yes at the bolded
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 9:28am On Oct 05, 2018
Oyindidi:
thanks dear Mazda 626. Yes at the bolded
The bolded you showed making bend turn usually more pronounced in U-turn the sound of kah kah kah grin is caused by worn out shaft water and sand must have entered and the Boris are now spoilt. You will change the shaft and grease the replacement.

The sound you hear on uneven roads depends it could be bushings (rubber paddings) depending on car type they are sometimes many, could be bad vehicle linkage, could be absorbers, it can also be exhaust hitting under carriage. Only physical inspection can pinpoint.

if you don't trust your mechanic seek opinion of 2 other mechanics also if you have a man at home (am guessing you are really a female) let him help you confirm what it is if he knows about cars. could be your neighbour or fellow transporters.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Oyindidi(f): 9:34am On Oct 05, 2018
nurey:

The bolded you showed making bend turn usually more pronounced in U-turn the sound of kah kah kah grin is caused by worn out shaft water and sand must have entered and the Boris are now spoilt. You will change the shaft and grease the replacement.

The sound you hear on uneven roads depends it could be bushings (rubber paddings) depending on car type they are sometimes many, could be bad vehicle linkage, could be absorbers, it can also be exhaust hitting under carriage. Only physical inspection can pinpoint.

if you don't trust your mechanic seek opinion of 2 other mechanics also if you have a man at home (am guessing you are really a female) let him help you confirm what it is if he knows about cars. could be your neighbour or fellow transporters.
This particular car is giving me headache after the last driver. I will change the absorbers. The driver takes the car to other states without my notice. I am using a new Mech, I no trust the other ones. grin oga is not always on ground but I have a neighbor that supervised the work. I'm not always on ground too
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Wilfredpat22(f): 9:40am On Oct 05, 2018
Toyota Camry 2000 for sale.
*with Complete papers expiring August 2019 *Ac working with Gas *Securities on the car include- Steering Lock and Door automatic lock *Black Alloy Rims *Extra Tire *4 plugs

Going for 620k last slightly negotiable Location -Ibadan
Call/WhatsApp zero Eight One Five One Three eight nine nine one five
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by ablesolomo: 11:49am On Oct 05, 2018
nurey:

I need Your recommendations on Almera Tino for a first timer, which year is best, i preferred manual transmission. What are the Cons and Pros? . Like how much can it cost?
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 12:01pm On Oct 05, 2018
ablesolomo:

I need Your recommendations on Almera Tino for a first timer, which year is best, i preferred manual transmission. What are the Cons and Pros? . Like how much can it cost?

The only known complaint is its sluggish acceleration, it is same drive train as the N16 nissan almera I used before. the 1.8L engine is very common among nissan compact sedans. Just ensure to have cam and crank shaft sensor extra when travelling long distance cause this two can fail at anytime and you get furcked in the ass big time grin

parts cheap, body doesn't tolerate hits. It is prone to deshaping. Please no electrical abuse. As for cost I don't know try olx to get a price range.

1 Like

Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Oyindidi(f): 3:42pm On Oct 05, 2018
Mr nurey, please what could cause gear oil leakage? The mech changed the seal yet its leaking. Help a sister biko
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 3:49pm On Oct 05, 2018
Oyindidi:
Mr nurey, please what could cause gear oil leakage? The mech changed the seal yet its leaking. Help a sister biko

Every gear has a pan for holding oil either the bottom plate (pan) has reached its service life or he didn't use the right seal for the job.
Also you have to know where the oil is leaking from, it may not be the bottom plate could be leaking from the connection of the gear to the engine. Or the gear unit itself. Your case is still physical inspection try to check it out yourself
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Oyindidi(f): 3:53pm On Oct 05, 2018
nurey:

Every gear has a pan for holding oil either the bottom plate (pan) has reached its service life or he didn't use the right seal for the job.
Also you have to know where the oil is leaking from, it may not be the bottom plate could be leaking from the connection of the gear to the engine. Or the gear unit itself. Your case is still physical inspection try to check it out yourself
watin I sabi, he just called to inform me that it's inner seal or so.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 4:16pm On Oct 05, 2018
Oyindidi:
watin I sabi, he just called to inform me that it's inner seal or so.

so give him inner money so your job can go as planned grin

look if mechanic wan fleece you, let there be 10,000 of you monitoring him he will fleece over and over again. Just tell him you don't mind him adding 1k or 2k extra to the real amount let him just do a very clean job for you that's all you care about, the guy may back off a little.

You sef dey do remote offline repairs you are not on ground to access things yourself, just dance to the mechanics tune but when the beat is getting too much, abeg hold off till you are able to show face.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by Oyindidi(f): 4:44pm On Oct 05, 2018
nurey:

so give him inner money so your job can go as planned grin

look if mechanic wan fleece you, let there be 10,000 of you monitoring him he will fleece over and over again. Just tell him you don't mind him adding 1k or 2k extra to the real amount let him just do a very clean job for you that's all you care about, the guy may back off a little.

You sef dey do remote offline repairs you are not on ground to access things yourself, just dance to the mechanics tune but when the beat is getting too much, abeg hold off till you are able to show face.
I don give am the money. I want that car to start work soon. I even dey give am feeding money sef, na my Church guy. grin chai! Mech wahala no be here. I travel out of state, the guy no do the work. I dey for him neck now and I no gree release him workmanship.
Re: Car Talk Chat Room by nurey(m): 4:55pm On Oct 05, 2018
Oyindidi:
I don give am the money. I want that car to start work soon. I even dey give am feeding money sef, na my Church guy. grin chai! Mech wahala no be here. I travel out of state, the guy no do the work. I dey for him neck now and I no gree release him workmanship.

we men like to cheat women after all they don't know much about how things work grin

take heart

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (222) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.