Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,727 members, 7,816,988 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Orji Kalu Writes To Amaechi Over President Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Kalu Writes To Amaechi Over President Jonathan (2186 Views)

Nigerians React To Amaechi's Appointment As Transport Minister (Pix) / Nigerians React To Amaechi's Confirmation As Minister Online / African Countries Happy Over President Jonathan’s Defeat – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orji Kalu Writes To Amaechi Over President Jonathan by jeron1(m): 7:32am On Jul 12, 2013
Well, well, well! We are still on the matter
o! Amaechi VS GEJ! And all kinds of
messages are being passed around, the
latest of which is an article written by the
former Governor of Abia State, Orji Uzor
Kalu. Read below:
To Governor Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi,
this is the time to wear your thinking cap
and beat a retreat fast. There is no need
squabbling with the President, because it
is a battle you cannot win. The office of
the President of Nigeria carries
enormous powers, and when these
powers are evoked it crushes anybody in
its trail. You should not look at the
President as a former deputy governor
and vice president. Level has changed.
He is now the President and
Commander-In-Chief of the Armed
Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
He has an unfathomable capacity to
make life miserable for you. Forget all the
noise your supporters are making: they
will desert you the moment you cease to
be governor. From the support you have
received from the state legislature,
members of the National Assembly from
your state and other groups, it is certain
you are liked and very popular. But that
is so long you remain the governor and
control tangible financial resources. Bear
in mind that the forces massed against
you are formidable..
Your priority should be to leave lasting
legacies for which generations unborn
will remember you. That being the case,
you should choose between your
personal interest and that of the Rivers
State people. They accuse you of
harbouring a vice-presidential ambition.
Though there is nothing wrong in that.
Nonetheless, you should dump that if it
makes some people uncomfortable.
Think about your future, safety of your
family and the welfare of the people of
Rivers State who would be collaterally
affected should anything untoward
happen to you. God forbid! God has
been gracious to you – raising you from
grass to grace. You had been a councillor
in Port Harcourt[correction, mine],
Speaker of Rivers State House of
Assembly during the tenure of Peter Odili
as governor, and now a two-term
governor. What else do you want? If it is
the will of God you would be vice
president or president, nobody can stop
you. They said you contested for a
second term as chairman of NGF against
your party’s directive. If that is true,
then, it was wrong. So long you remain a
PDP governor you must subject yourself
to your party’s directive. If you want to
do things your own way the proper thing
to do is to found your own party or
resign from PDP. Your suspension is a
prelude to a stiffer action against you,
which you may find unpalatable. As your
name ‘Chibuike’ (God is my strength)
goes, all will be well with you if you
hearken to the voice of reason. God will
desert you the moment you fail to listen
to the small still voice..
Now to those that fuel the crisis in Rivers
State: You should search your
conscience and desist from fomenting
trouble. If you love President Jonathan
as you openly profess then you have a
responsibility to make him succeed. And
one of the ways to attain this objective is
to make peace between him and his
perceived adversaries. You should, for
once, bury your selfishness and work for
peace in Rivers State..
Let me make it very clear: the crisis in
Rivers State will not lead to the victory
for either President Jonathan or
Governor Amaechi or their teeming
supporters; rather it will end up tearing
the entire nation apart, because those
involved in the fight are too powerful
and connected to be ignored, and their
tentacles stretch to as far as Damataru
and Jigawa in the north, Lagos and
Ogbomosho in the west, Abakaliki and
Awka in the east, and Calabar and
Yenagoa in the in the south. I rest my
case and pray God to intervene in his
own way.
But coming from a man who himself was
disobedient and was always at
loggerheads with former President
Obasanjo, what do you make of this?
And the drama continues…mobile..com/#2722
Re: Orji Kalu Writes To Amaechi Over President Jonathan by damoskiy(m): 7:41am On Jul 12, 2013
He has totally said the truth.amaechi take note and act.
Re: Orji Kalu Writes To Amaechi Over President Jonathan by oshyno(m): 7:48am On Jul 12, 2013
This is from experience, Gov Amaechi. Plz for Goodness sake, beat a retreat. Swallow ur pride and make things right. Orji has had personal experience with Obj, Sylver and Alamiesiya have told you their personal experiences too. Beat it plz. The people fueling this is not GEJ but those that want to be in good books of the president for their personal gain. You are the messiah as far as you control the rivers fund.How many of those shouting and castigating GEJ when Timiprey Sylver was governor trying to get second term are still with him now that he lost in the game.Be wise plz.
Re: Orji Kalu Writes To Amaechi Over President Jonathan by tomakint: 7:49am On Jul 12, 2013
What else can Amaechi wished for, if not this CANDID ADVICE from a VOICE OF REASON! I hope he listens before it will be too late for him undecided
Re: Orji Kalu Writes To Amaechi Over President Jonathan by KwoiZabo(m): 7:55am On Jul 12, 2013
A word is enough for the sagacious. Well just to add for those of you that beating the drums for Amaechi even Soyinka (with all due respect) i want you people to answer these questions
1. Why should the Governor of the most populated and resourceful state in the south-south openly state during a town hall meeting that he as Amaechi is not in support of the Amnesty programme for militants he wasn't even diplomatic with his statement. that is a slap on the president (then yar'adua) and his party.
2. Why should Amaechi oppenly accuse Orubebe and by extension GEJ of neglecting the east-west road, does he want to score cheap political points or what? why should he work against the party he is in and expect the party leadership to swallow such.
People like Amaechi should not be in leadership because everywhere he is in there is division. NGF division, Rivers PDP division, Rivers state House of Assembly Division. every leader must have opposition but the way you handle it is what counts. Amaechi's demeanor his arrogance, the way he talks e.t.c makes him unfit for leadership. As kalu rightly said what is carrying him is the resource he controls because his arrogance has sank him already

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Writes To Amaechi Over President Jonathan by Dreal1247: 8:00am On Jul 12, 2013
U cannot gain anything by winning a battle over your father. The truth is that Amaechi is being used to discredit Jonathan. If there is a state that should be close to Jonathan after Bayelsa, i think it should be Rivers, the sister state to Bayelsa. This is how the northerners pushed Ibori into prison, they have all forgotten him now. When they are through with Amaechi, they will still dump him to his own detriment. Who knows Amaechi's wife should tell her to think twice and give the husband the right counsel at this crucial time. Kalu has said it all out of experience. He fought the former president, now his successor who he helped to become the state governor is fighting him. A word they say is enough for the wise.
Re: Orji Kalu Writes To Amaechi Over President Jonathan by jeron1(m): 8:08am On Jul 12, 2013
Dreal1247: U cannot gain anything by winning a battle over your father. The truth is that Amaechi is being used to discredit Jonathan. If there is a state that should be close to Jonathan after Bayelsa, i think it should be Rivers, the sister state to Bayelsa. This is how the northerners pushed Ibori into prison, they have all forgotten him now. When they are through with Amaechi, they will still dump him to his own detriment. Who knows Amaechi's wife should tell her to think twice and give the husband the right counsel at this crucial time. Kalu has said it all out of experience. He fought the former president, now his successor who he helped to become the state governor is fighting him. A word they say is enough for the wise.

but in this case. amaechi's fathers wife is the person instigating his father against him
Re: Orji Kalu Writes To Amaechi Over President Jonathan by Afam4eva(m): 8:09am On Jul 12, 2013
I don't understand Nigerians oo. While i agree with Orji Uzor Kalu that fighting the president is tantamount to a suicide mission but why must Amaechi retreat. Is it that he has committed a crime or that he is at fault? Isn't he supposed to be fighting for what he believes in? If he is, then why should he backtrack. We keep saying there are no men of high integrity and when we see actions that are the preservative of such men, we start cautioning them to backtrack because? Because their political career will be ruined? Is Amaechi's political career more important than standing for the truth(assuming it's the truth).

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Writes To Amaechi Over President Jonathan by Nobody: 8:21am On Jul 12, 2013
Absolute trash!!!!

The President is not a God!

Amaechi has nothing to loose, even if he licks the President's backside everyday it will not guarantee him anything either!

2 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu Writes To Amaechi Over President Jonathan by fkaz(m): 8:23am On Jul 12, 2013
Is orji Uzor kalu talking from experience? Obasanjo most be a guy to have dealt with him that way.

BTW orji uzor kalu is different from amaechi, obasanjo is different jonathan, amaechi pride/problem and what amaechi is fighting for might be different from that of orji uzor also.
This one is ITK, OUK should keep is wannabe to Abia.
Re: Orji Kalu Writes To Amaechi Over President Jonathan by overdrive(m): 8:30am On Jul 12, 2013
@afam we are in Nigeria,we all know d truth but in this case knowing d truth can never set Amechi free that is Nigeria for u where who pays d piper dictates d tune in this case GEJ pays d piper (oil money at his disposal/federal might). to be candid Amechi is fighting a lost battle d earlier he beats a hasty retreat d better for him.The igbos have a saying that if one man cooks for d public,d public will consume and ask for more but when d public cooks for an individual, Wahala go burst.I rest my case.
Re: Orji Kalu Writes To Amaechi Over President Jonathan by Billionaires: 8:36am On Jul 12, 2013
WHY ADVISE A DROWNING MAN ? PRIDE GOES BEFORE A FALL.
Re: Orji Kalu Writes To Amaechi Over President Jonathan by Afam4eva(m): 8:37am On Jul 12, 2013
overdrive: @afam we are in Nigeria,we all know d truth but in this case knowing d truth can never set Amechi free that is Nigeria for u where who pays d piper dictates d tune in this case GEJ pays d piper (oil money at his disposal/federal might). to be candid Amechi is fighting a lost battle d earlier he beats a hasty retreat d better for him.The igbos have a saying that if one man cooks for d public,d public will consume and ask for more but when d public cooks for an individual, Wahala go burst.I rest my case.
Whether the truth sets one free or now shouldn't be the issue. The issue should be about making a statement and be heard.
Re: Orji Kalu Writes To Amaechi Over President Jonathan by Abagworo(m): 8:41am On Jul 12, 2013
Billionaires: WHY ADVISE A DROWNING MAN ? PRIDE GOES BEFORE A FALL.

1st of all I've not read where Amaechi disrespected or challenged Jonathan. That is the main issue here. When Sylva disrespected Jonathan and threatened him, all Nigerians were against Sylva but the truth is that nothing has been proven as the guilt of Amaechi.
Re: Orji Kalu Writes To Amaechi Over President Jonathan by kokoA(m): 8:48am On Jul 12, 2013
Afam4eva: I don't understand Nigerians oo. While i agree with Orji Uzor Kalu that fighting the president is tantamount to a suicide mission but why must Amaechi retreat. Is it that he has committed a crime or that he is at fault? Isn't he supposed to be fighting for what he believes in? If he is, then why should he backtrack. We keep saying there are no men of high integrity and when we see actions that are the preservative of such men, we start cautioning them to backtrack because? Because their political career will be ruined? Is Amaechi's political career more important than standing for the truth(assuming it's the truth).
God bless you. Please if I may ask, what are his offences? Till this momen, I still don't know what wrong Ameachi has done to GEJ apart from wining NGF election. The presidency have said several times that oga GEJ is not interested in what happens in the NGF. Okay, we heard Ameachi is planning to contest in 2015, but just as GEJ has denied having any plan for 2015, he also denied. If we believe the president, why shouldn't we believe Ameachi? Maybe GEJ should come out openly and announce his intentions, probably Ameachi will also backdown on his plans to give way for "his south-south brother". Apart from these I humbly ask OUK and nairalanders reasoning with him to tell us Ameachi's wrong doings. Until a man knows what his crimes are, you don't expect him to start pleading guilty.
Re: Orji Kalu Writes To Amaechi Over President Jonathan by plainmirror(m): 9:12am On Jul 12, 2013
Did orji Uzor Kalu ( former executive governor of 'Gods own state' write this grammar full article?

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Writes To Amaechi Over President Jonathan by Abagworo(m): 9:18am On Jul 12, 2013
My take is that Jonathan should tell Nigerians, Amaechi's offense. I'm beginning to see a possible "tribalistic" angle to this going by Asari Dokubo's press release. But should Amaechi apologize for being an Ikwerre man? What do we expect him to apologize for?
Re: Orji Kalu Writes To Amaechi Over President Jonathan by Bensonite: 9:40am On Jul 12, 2013
Abagworo: My take is that Jonathan should tell Nigerians, Amaechi's offense. I'm beginning to see a possible "tribalistic" angle to this going by Asari Dokubo's press release. But should Amaechi apologize for being an Ikwerre man? What do we expect him to apologize for?
You are used to bringing in tribe. It is either you dragging Patience tribe Okrika in or something else. You will soon claim that his fellow kins men fighting him presently like Wike, Autin Opara, Emma Okah, Sergeant Awuse, Azubuike, etc are Ijaws. You are not even rivers in the first place but spewing rubbish all the time.

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Writes To Amaechi Over President Jonathan by Lordave: 9:44am On Jul 12, 2013
plainmirror: Did orji Uzor Kalu ( former executive governor of 'Gods own state' write this grammar full article?
you think he's an illiterate?
Re: Orji Kalu Writes To Amaechi Over President Jonathan by queenpin: 9:44am On Jul 12, 2013
One thing we must realise is that Ameachi has a brighter future than Goodluck.Even if Goodluck wins his second term that is the end of politics for him.He can't even be anybody's Godfather.
Meanwhile even if Ameachi gets dragged thru EFCC he will still come out stronger
Re: Orji Kalu Writes To Amaechi Over President Jonathan by enigmang: 10:34am On Jul 12, 2013
This is the best advice so far.. There are other ways to fight.... Going head-on against the presidency is suicidal!!!
Re: Orji Kalu Writes To Amaechi Over President Jonathan by enigmang: 10:37am On Jul 12, 2013
queenpin: One thing we must realise is that Ameachi has a brighter future than Goodluck.Even if Goodluck wins his second term that is the end of politics for him.He can't even be anybody's Godfather.
Meanwhile even if Ameachi gets dragged thru EFCC he will still come out stronger

What do you call brighter future?? GEJ Has attained the highest position in Nigerian politics... Amaechi still has to climb many many ladders to get to that point ..
If Amaechi goes through EFCC ?? Did I hear come out stronger??
Re: Orji Kalu Writes To Amaechi Over President Jonathan by Desric(m): 10:50am On Jul 12, 2013
The article is both fake, false and thrash at the same time, this is not the voice or the language of the OUK that I know, meaning OUK can never sound this cowardly.

Maybe President Jona and his Puppets are at it again trying to use whatever medium to demoralise and discourage the people, garner sympathy and support as they have always done. This is not the first, they started with october 1st bombing, to "I had no shoes" to killing of Corp's members, to Boko haram and still counting. Their strategy and support has always being drawn along sentimental sympathy line, from he is from a poor background, to he is a Christian, he is Educated, a Phd holder, he is from the minority South south, to the breath of fresh air etc etc, so its no surprise.

Amaechi is not fighting anybody to the best of my knowledge rather, if insinuations are true to go by, then he is simply nursing a harmless ambition as a Politician and I don't see how that becomes a threat in any way to anybody, election is there to decide who the people want not through fighting, intimidation, blackmails, oppression, instigating violence, promoting illegalities and irregularities just to cause confusion, to mention a few.

Governor Rotimi Amaechi is constitutionally empowered to aspire or contest for any office in the land without fear or favour or taking permission from anybody other than himself as long as he is eligible to run for such posts, and forcing him to do otherwise is a very big slap on both Democracy and his fundamental human rights and is contrary to the laws of the land. Nevertheless, such things does or can only happen or aided and abated in an unjust society like ours. If anyone sees the young man as a threat to his ambition, let the person call him peacefully for dialogue, beg him, appeal to him, pamper him, pet him, plead with him to consider the person's plea not to intimidate or muscle him out because you believe you have the whole powers in the world. For Amaechi to drop his ambition for anybody or group of persons, should be out of favour to the person/persons which is at his own peril and discretion and not otherwise.

If Nigeria must grow and move forward, we must all learn to play by the rules and acknowledge the importance of EQUITY before the law as no man is supposed to above the law, but if we refuse and continue to play our usual sentimental game, that means we are not prepared for development yet as they say," doing same thing and expecting different result is another definition of madness" and the lives of you and I will never be protected because whence one is above or bigger than you, then you the minority or smaller one will have no right or say of your own at all.- "if Amaechi should shut up now, then don't complain when your uncle tries to take over your fathers house just because your father is his elder brother and you are still a toddler". if Nigeria must know peace, there must be Equal Rights and Justice.

May God save us.
Re: Orji Kalu Writes To Amaechi Over President Jonathan by ujchief(m): 11:05am On Jul 12, 2013
OUK has been trying hard to get recognition in this present clime to no avail. Having lost to senator chukwumerije in the last election, he was so desperate to reckon with the powers that be that he once offered to go and negotiate with boko haram on behalf of the president.

Isn't this the same OUK that had problems with OBJ and he formed his own party, PPA; selected the dwarfish thief TA Orji as its flag bearer and rigged the thief into winning the election even when the thief was still under arrest by the EFCC.

He really wants to be heard as he is becoming politically irrelevant.
Re: Orji Kalu Writes To Amaechi Over President Jonathan by Nobody: 11:43am On Jul 12, 2013
Why does everybody south of Niger have to support Jonathan Goodluck?

This is just enthronement of FASCISM

Amaechi has every right to be the politician he so please be it in PDP or in the opposition so long as he is not breaking the law as set out in the constitution and the last time I checked Amaechi has not broken any law.

we seen this drama before and this new twist will leave Jonathan Goodluck even weaker!
Re: Orji Kalu Writes To Amaechi Over President Jonathan by gedtalks(m): 12:15pm On Jul 12, 2013
mikeansy: Absolute trash!!!!

The President is not a God!

Amaechi has nothing to loose, even if he licks the President's backside everyday it will not guarantee him anything either!

@mikeansy... What tribe do you belong to And what religion U're name is mike, yet you sound like Abokin the shoe repairer. Have a drop of COMMON SENSE !!! My foolish brother.. Just a drop. 2015 is likely gonna be a fierce one. because the ''those people'' have vowed to Tear Nigeria Apart if their person does not become president. Yet your big/empty head cannot reason well as to ''hold unto the GEJ you have'' lest we loose out completely. The likes of you will NEVER speak good of any leader in Nigeria: Past, the present and the future, so don't even bother to talk again. U make more sense when you are not speaking.
Re: Orji Kalu Writes To Amaechi Over President Jonathan by baby124: 12:20pm On Jul 12, 2013
What I find amusing is that Orji Kalu knows that there is a God and he has a conscience ("small still voice"wink. Where was this small still voice when he was in government? He is obviously chopping. They cannot beat Amaechi, now they are forcing him to beg. Beg who? A president whose minions ordered a governors shooting? Jonathan was elected like Amaechi. So no one is God.
Re: Orji Kalu Writes To Amaechi Over President Jonathan by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 12, 2013
gedtalks:

@mikeansy... What tribe do you belong to And what religion U're name is mike, yet you sound like Abokin the shoe repairer. Have a drop of COMMON SENSE !!! My foolish brother.. Just a drop. 2015 is likely gonna be a fierce one. because the ''those people'' have vowed to Tear Nigeria Apart if their person does not become president. Yet your big/empty head cannot reason well as to ''hold unto the GEJ you have'' lest we loose out completely. The likes of you will NEVER speak good of any leader in Nigeria: Past, the present and the future, so don't even bother to talk again. U make more sense when you are not speaking.

I think you need to get some education. Jonathan Goodluck has not been a good President and there is no hope he will be better because he has no vission and agenda and there is no pathway to success.

I am Igbo and I am Catholic but I also believe Jonathan is not qualified to run LGA let alone the Presidency. Leadership is not about PhD. He is an accidental leader and it is about time we demand for the best and stop having a President who is in office for the sake of being in office.

He will fail in 2015 anyway. The only way Jonathan remains President is if Buhari or that sort of character is his opposition.
Re: Orji Kalu Writes To Amaechi Over President Jonathan by seunfly: 12:31pm On Jul 12, 2013
What is wrong with we Nigerians? it beat my imagination that we cellebrate abuse of power and justify inpuinity just because he is our man. We know fully well that this same thing has happened to d so called our man b4 in d past.
Re: Orji Kalu Writes To Amaechi Over President Jonathan by gedtalks(m): 12:33pm On Jul 12, 2013
baby_123: What I find amusing is that Orji Kalu knows that there is a God and he has a conscience ("small still voice"wink. Where was this small still voice when he was in government? He is obviously chopping. They cannot beat Amaechi, now they are forcing him to beg. Beg who? A president whose minions ordered a governors shooting? Jonathan was elected like Amaechi. So no one is God.

@baby 123.....why must you tell lies And if you do not know the Fact,,, just shut up your mouth.. By the way GO AND READ MY REPLY to mikeansys post. It also applies to you...or just shut up and keep on being a baby.
Re: Orji Kalu Writes To Amaechi Over President Jonathan by BekeeBuAgbara: 12:39pm On Jul 12, 2013
queenpin: One thing we must realise is that Ameachi has a brighter future than Goodluck Even if Goodluck wins his second term that is the end of politics for him.He can't even be anybody's Godfather.
You mean Amaechi has brighter future than GEJ who occupies the highest office in the land? Anyway this is nairaland
Re: Orji Kalu Writes To Amaechi Over President Jonathan by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 12, 2013
Orji Kalu just yearn Rubbish !!!

SomeBody must Bell the Cat,so be it if it is Amaechi !!!

Coward and chop chop of anything goes !!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fashola Borrows 87 Billion To Buy Lekki Toll Road Plus / Will Igbos Discard Jonathan Should APC Field An Igbo Presidential Candidate? / Oba Of Benin's Son Quits Oshiomhole's Cabinet, Joins PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.