Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,693 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards (29319 Views)

10 Suspected Robbers Killed In Lagos In 12 Days - Vanguard / 2 Okada Snatchers Nabbed, Beaten To Death And Set Ablaze In Abuja (Graphic Pic) / Robbers Who Stole Huge Sum Of Money Set Ablaze By Mob In Anambra(Graphics Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by PeeDaVinci: 10:35am On Jul 12, 2013
this is totally totally wrong.
but unfortunately, this is the sort of shit that happens when the pple do not trust the police in arresting suspected criminals, nor trust the justice system in convicting criminals.
the report even states police were there when these suspects are being burnt, yet they took no effort in identifying and/or arressting pple who were involved in this barbaric act.

why should i expect more from the police, they were there in rivers when the lawmakers were fighting one another, and they didnt make any arrest for assault.

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by sheisfine(f): 10:36am On Jul 12, 2013
For what? They did not do wellOooo! Somebodys nine months of suffering.
Hmmm!
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by cnwamo(m): 10:40am On Jul 12, 2013
You just echoed my thoughts, Never struggle with a thief especially one that's wielding a weapon.
3ace: Useless woman. You better go and do thanksgiving in the church. How can you be struggling with an armed thief over N400,000 worth of recharge cards? Many did not live to tell the story.
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by dplomaticVal: 10:42am On Jul 12, 2013
size38: So this one that happened in lagos is proper? The one that happened in Aluu is barbaric. How can people be burnt 4 stealing ordinary recharge cards. Where are d police? Where are the courts?. It happened in Aluu, it happens everywia in nigeria. It will continue to happen in nigeria. We shld all rise up to condemn jungle justice in nigeri

Theirs is blitheringly different From wht happened in Aluu. These guys stole goods worth 400k so dnt even try to justify their action.

1 Like

Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by picaro(f): 10:42am On Jul 12, 2013
*In Ushers voice* Let them Burn, let them Burn, Let them Buuurrrnnn!

1 Like

Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by collins123(m): 10:45am On Jul 12, 2013
[size=13pt]De Don Kno![/size]
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by cnwamo(m): 10:46am On Jul 12, 2013
In as much as they did wrong burning aint the best, can you bear the sight of watching your fellow human burn to death?
picaro: *In Ushers voice* Let them Burn, let them Burn, Let them Buuurrrnnn!

1 Like

Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by born2boink(m): 10:46am On Jul 12, 2013
3ace: Useless woman. You better go and do thanksgiving in the church. How can you be struggling with armed thieves over N400,000 worth of recharge cards? Moreover, you're a female. Many did not live to tell the story.
maybe she was employ and if she did not struggle,her boss may said she team up with robber. Abi u know whether na debt she take buy the card make she no end up commiting like that man we his shares liquidate on top of death
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by picaro(f): 10:46am On Jul 12, 2013
*In Ushers voice* Let them Burn, let them Burn, Let them Buuurrrnnn!

But wait o, why arrest the woman's Recharge Cards na? Police! Police!! Una join thief the woman too. Y'all should also be, 'Burrrnt, let them burrrrn, let them burrrn'
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by Hugo7(m): 10:47am On Jul 12, 2013
Its only in 9ja policemen who are armed are over powered by armless civilians, abeg make them scrap this police jaww lets the vigilante guys come in.....NO TO JUNGLE JUSTICE(NO MATTER WHAT)Remember na God be the final judge

1 Like

Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by DANILSA(m): 10:49am On Jul 12, 2013
Agwo abå nakrika
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by picaro(f): 10:49am On Jul 12, 2013
cnwamo: In as much as they did wrong burning aint the best, can you bear the sight of watching your fellow human burn to death?

This is not Jungle justice, it is JUSTICE. did you not hear, the police had failed them. Handing them over to the police, three weeks later, these guys will have bribed their way out and would be on a revenge mission. With no hope for these innocent law abiding citizens, the last hope was to 'let them buurrrnn, let them buurrrn, let them burrrrn'

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by Aringarosa(m): 10:51am On Jul 12, 2013
dplomaticVal:

Their's is blitheringly different From wht happened in Aluu. These guys stole goods worth 400k so dnt even try to justify their action.

What blithering difference are you talking about?
Jungle justice is unacceptable in this age and time, we are civilize humans and we should act as such.

No one is trying to justify their actions, what they did is bad, but they should be punished in the court of law, and not my burning them alive, it is inhuman.

Wether they steal pin, recharge card or whatever, it is totally unacceptable to take one's life in such a crude and barbaric way. We are not savages for Christ sake!

1 Like

Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by mrofficial(m): 10:52am On Jul 12, 2013
Okija_juju: O well!

I'm still not a supporter of jungle justice, but I say good riddance to bad rubbish..

Like Jonathan said, Nigerians have lost confidence on the police.. This is the resultant effect of that loss of confidence..

Let us not live like animals. You said good riddance to bad rubbish and still claim not to support jungle justice. Oh well, you're just advocating.
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by NewJ: 10:53am On Jul 12, 2013
D police is to blame.
To think dat 2 teams of police could allow themselvs to be overpowered by armless bystanders and set d suspects ablaze speaks volume of how weak d police are in enforcing law and order.

1 Like

Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by AyBelly: 10:55am On Jul 12, 2013
This is the fault of both the government and the people. In a land where justice is reserved for the highest bidder, it's not surprising that the people choose to take matters into their own hands. Policemen can't even handle a mob, what happens when we have riots? sporadic shooting? It's at moments like this my FAITH in GOD is stronger.

1 Like

Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by devour129: 10:56am On Jul 12, 2013
I don't know if I should applaud or be appalled .if you or a loved one has been robbed or killed in a situation like this then you will understand why these people did what they did.ka Chineke Mezie Okwu
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by cnwamo(m): 10:56am On Jul 12, 2013
and i ask again. would you be able to bear the sight of watching your fellow human burn to death?
picaro:

This is not Jungle justice, it is JUSTICE. did you not hear, the police had failed them. Handing them over to the police, three weeks later, these guys will have bribed their way out and would be on a revenge mission. With no hope for these innocent law abiding citizens, the last hope was to 'let them buurrrnn, let them buurrrn, let them burrrrn'
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by picaro(f): 10:56am On Jul 12, 2013
Aringarosa:

What blithering difference are you talking about?
Jungle justice is unacceptable in this age and time, we are civilize humans and we should act as such.

No one is trying to justify their actions, what they did is bad, but they should be punished in the court of law, and not my burning them alive, it is inhuman.

Wether they steal pin, recharge card or whatever, it is totally unacceptable to take one's life in such a crude and barbaric way. We are not savages for Christ sake!

Oh no, you got it wrong. we're civilized humans in an uncivilized environment. In a civilized world, the police would be trusted, and those thieves would be cooling off in jail cells, in a civilized world, the woman's recharge cards wouldn't be seized by the police also, the people will have faith that their case is safe with the police. but nay, everyman protects himself, even from the police. the people cant trust the police and courts, they have to protect themselves and prevent a recurrence of these robberies, and send a message of deterrence to the would-be robbers. THAT, my man is justice. You call it barbaric, i say it is what the society calls for.
What makes their actions inhuman, yet makes a Supreme Courts decision to hang a man human?

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by scholes23(m): 10:58am On Jul 12, 2013
Shouldn't there be a punishment for those involved in jungle justice? No offenses pls, I'm just asking.

I hope the girl has into account the amount of recharge cards in their possession cos I don't trust d police @ all. They should release those recharge cards b4 another story will come up

1 Like

Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by Nobody: 10:59am On Jul 12, 2013
My corrupt, lazy, life savers called Nigeria Policemen. You have failed to restore peace and order in an area badly affected by chaos. Now I hope you arrested at least one of those jungle judges. So they can be judged by 21st century modern judges.
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by picaro(f): 10:59am On Jul 12, 2013
cnwamo: and i ask again. would you be able to bear the sight of watching your fellow human burn to death?
When a man is condemned to death by the Supreme Court and he is so hanged, why not call that barbarism? the difference is that Seven judges condemn a man, and in this case, the victim and witnesses condemn the man. So why not ask the Supreme court judge is he can bear the sight of a man being hanged or shot?
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 12, 2013
So lagos people are barbaric? I thought it's only aluu community folks? Any other state that's willing to show-case their barbaric life style?
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by devour129: 11:01am On Jul 12, 2013
born2fuck: maybe she was employ and if she did not struggle,her boss may said she team up with robber. Abi u know whether na debt she take buy the card make she no end up commiting like that man we his shares liquidate on top of death
am telling you! People that fight with arm robbers have a reason.at that point they are hopeless,it's like they don't care if they live or die cause there's no respite anyways. Sometimes it's there last kobo,or its borrowed or belongs to a boss who will never believe he or she doesn't have a hand in the robbery.its so sad
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by wildchild1: 11:02am On Jul 12, 2013
this just reminded me of the woolwich killing/terror attack...those two niccaz shlda been lynched by the people
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by drnoel: 11:04am On Jul 12, 2013
olokfor:

Our correspondent learnt that the robbers allegedly snatched a motorcycle and shot a man in the area and were fleeing when a motorist knocked them down.

An eyewitness, who requested anonymity, said a bystander prevented them from fleeing as he pelted them with stones while they were attempting to stand up

Other residents quickly joined the bystander and grabbed the weak robbers, beating them up to a pulp.
He said, “After the vehicle knocked them down while they were attempting to escape, we seized them and beat them to a pulp. The crowd grew larger and this attracted the attention of policemen.”

Our correspondent learnt that a team of policemen from Ikotun Police Station stormedthe scene and attempted to rescue the robbers but were overwhelmed by the mob.
It was learnt that policemen even fired gunshots into the air but the mob remained adamant.
A woman, who runs a bar in the area, said another team of policemen also arrived from Area M, Idimu, but the mob set the robbers ablaze.

The bolded text is so typical of this country. Ignorance is one of the problems Nigeria has and not just poverty and corruption. A country were human live means nothing.
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 12, 2013
picaro:

Oh no, you got it wrong. we're civilized humans in an uncivilized environment. In a civilized world, the police would be trusted, and those thieves would be cooling off in jail cells, in a civilized world, the woman's recharge cards wouldn't be seized by the police also, the people will have faith that their case is safe with the police. but nay, everyman protects himself, even from the police. the people cant trust the police and courts, they have to protect themselves and prevent a recurrence of these robberies, and send a message of deterrence to the would-be robbers. THAT, my man is justice. You call it barbaric, i say it is what the society calls for. what is required.

Bro, you have very good points. Hand these guys to the police and they would be out before two weeks is over.

Just too many cases of such have happened, it will take less than 50k bribe to get these guys back on the street, unless they killed a police officer or the daughter of a rich man along the way, they are almost safer with the police than the victim they're robbing.

1 Like

Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by Tonyfrancis(m): 11:04am On Jul 12, 2013
Am not in support of jungle justice but this violator really called for it*** Rip to the dead
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by idsamoo(m): 11:10am On Jul 12, 2013
Watt a world! Dese are frustrated victims of corrupt leaders ! Hw i wish this same spirit that made ppl burnt dem can make the whole Nigerians rise to say NO to our Looters leading us in dis same country!hw i wish all can ignore n say NO to the peanuts deyy giv for all the social nd public campaigns for their looting acts...jst wishing n praying!!!
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by BCJAY(f): 11:10am On Jul 12, 2013
May God save this country, robbery incidence on the rise. Innocent lives lost in the process, millions of unprepared lives sent to hell and heaven suddenly. May God save us from this trash and may we not die before our time of glory.
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by 3kay945(m): 11:14am On Jul 12, 2013
Immediately YOU decides to rob, YOU signed your death warrant through any hideous means known to man undecided
Am not in support, but i cant speak for my neighbor. grin

3 Likes

Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by jhydebaba(m): 11:14am On Jul 12, 2013
maxwello.yg:
So lagos people are barbaric? I thought it's only aluu community folks? Any other state that's willing to show-case their barbaric life style?
Real Lagosians are not barbaric, it is ur folks from ALUU who migrated to Lagos that are making you believe Lagosians are barbaric cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Toyota Corolla Stolen In Awka, Anambra (Photo) / RRS Officer Arrests Car-snatching Syndicate Member, Cheats Death (photos) / Killer, Gracious David-West To Be Arraigned In Court (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.