Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,557 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards (29312 Views)

10 Suspected Robbers Killed In Lagos In 12 Days - Vanguard / 2 Okada Snatchers Nabbed, Beaten To Death And Set Ablaze In Abuja (Graphic Pic) / Robbers Who Stole Huge Sum Of Money Set Ablaze By Mob In Anambra(Graphics Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by cnwamo(m): 11:45am On Jul 12, 2013
Yeah true talk but we can become better adopt better ways of dealing with such than burning them alive to me its too Sadistic but thats just my own perspective.
You sure know how to hit your points.
picaro:

You are absolutely right! In DEVELOPED countries. Sadly Nigeria is not such, so we adopt tools that suit out environment. What in developed countries they call Police, we cant call them so in Nigeria. What developed nations consider of their law courts, we cant in Nigeria. And what they call Jungle Justice, well, we may call it Justice here
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by premlove(m): 11:49am On Jul 12, 2013
ziccoit: Thank God the woman is alive to tell the story. Meanwhile this kind of misplaced undeserved jungle justice can only be seen in a jungle like Nigeria.

How many of JEGs, SAMBOs, MINISTERS, GOVERNORS etc, both past and present, who we can argue deserve this kind of jungle justice, are being killed like this everyday? When are Nigerians going to stop being insensible?
u are ranting nonsense: put ur self in the position of the gal and tel me how it feels like to lose ur capital in business

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by cecegorz(m): 11:58am On Jul 12, 2013
picaro:

Oh no, you got it wrong. we're civilized humans in an uncivilized environment. In a civilized world, the police would be trusted, and those thieves would be cooling off in jail cells, in a civilized world, the woman's recharge cards wouldn't be seized by the police also, the people will have faith that their case is safe with the police. but nay, everyman protects himself, even from the police. the people cant trust the police and courts, they have to protect themselves and prevent a recurrence of these robberies, and send a message of deterrence to the would-be robbers. THAT, my man is justice. You call it barbaric, i say it is what the society calls for.
What makes their actions inhuman, yet makes a Supreme Courts decision to hang a man human?
This your response, my dear lady, takes the cake.
I couldn't have put it any better.
The job of the police is to help the society deal with criminals, if the police abdicates the duty, the society has the right to mete out the justice on demand.

1 Like

Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by Masterace(m): 12:01pm On Jul 12, 2013
What is really wrong in this nation, I don't really support jungle justice, but in this case where the police can't be trusted so what option do they have? And FYI http://www.e-tradebybarter.com/index.php?ref=1718571
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by Truckpusher(m): 12:07pm On Jul 12, 2013
Desperate times requires desperate measures ....what more can i say..smh

1 Like

Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by extraflyfineboy(m): 12:08pm On Jul 12, 2013
dvdon: Waow just like 2 pac sang, dats just the way it is, some things will never change. Smh. RIP.

the theives will never learn...the angry mob will never learn tsw

Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by 4Play(m): 12:16pm On Jul 12, 2013
So where are the guns the suspects were alleged to have used?
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by COOLDUN: 12:19pm On Jul 12, 2013
ziccoit: Thank God the woman is alive to tell the story. Meanwhile this kind of misplaced undeserved jungle justice can only be seen in a jungle like Nigeria.

How many of JEGs, SAMBOs, MINISTERS, GOVERNORS etc, both past and present, who we can argue deserve this kind of jungle justice, are being killed like this everyday? When are Nigerians going to stop being insensible?

We have heard this your called names and tired of it too, the best way to avoid jungle justice is to stay clear from crimes mostly armed robbery. Everyone is mentioning names of the politicians but no one has summoned courage to catch any of them.

You should catch one , bring him/her to public and watch what would happen to him/her. You are the same people that are voting them into power because of Religion, Party, and Tribe, while you are here making noise.

Until we catch the bigger thieves , we should get rid of the little ones who would still graduate to the bigger thieves tomorrow. Remember that every big thief , was once a small thief. Jungle justices to the stubborn jungle thieves.
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by princeonx: 12:20pm On Jul 12, 2013
When robbers are killed, punished, or people take laws into their hands:
This is sad! This is bad! This is barberic! this is barber! Jungle justic! Not again! Nigeria this! Nigeria that! Oh my God! Oh your God!

When armed robbers attack, rape, and kill people:
Where is God! Where is police! GEJ this and that! Nigeria bad! Nigeria this! If its the western countries! If its the southern countries!

Why do most of we Nigerian, African, and black folks like to eat our cake and still have it?
I hope and pray none of you or your family fall victim to armed robbers then you will realize its more than just being behind a computer monitor and type what comes to mind.
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by hotwax: 12:27pm On Jul 12, 2013
Let us not live like animals. You said good riddance to bad rubbish and still claim not to support jungle justice. Oh well, you're just advocating.

I guess you have not been robbed before. I pray you fall victim of gun possessed armed robbers, your story will change.

Based on my experience with robbers, anytime I see people burning them, I will join and pour petrol. Jungle justice my a...s.

And police free them in the following week. And they continue to rob innocent people. They are cancers and they need to be removed anyhow.

I know of a guy in Agege (Lagos), he robs people with gun on daily basis. NPF arrest him everyday, the next day you see him again. Somebody who should be dead.
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by redsun(m): 12:33pm On Jul 12, 2013
Nigerians develops backward,mentally and otherwise. How could their fellow citizens have just been roasted alive for just mere phone? Mind you,they had the chance to kill the woman when she tried to stop them,but didn't because they ain't exactly killers. Just fundamental deprived as a result of evil leadership that has plagued Nigeria since it emergence as a nation.
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by princeonx: 12:33pm On Jul 12, 2013
And what a blank is molestation doing in my statement?
@mod: Rap e is an English word and its allowed to speak or use even in public! Ok?
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by IseOluwa777(m): 12:36pm On Jul 12, 2013
Somebody had to do the job of betraying the Lord Jesus Christ, however woe to the man that did it says the bible.

Though the cup of those robbers was full (thats why they died), whoever partook in killing them (even one blow) is guilty of murder and in time, their cup will be full too.
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by redsun(m): 12:38pm On Jul 12, 2013
prince_onx: And what a blank is molestation doing in my statement?
@mod: Rap e is an English word and its allowed to speak or use even in public! Ok?

I am sure the Moslem brotherhood has compelled seun let an iman oversee the moderation on this forum. A condition that will stop them from terrorizing him.
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by princeonx: 12:39pm On Jul 12, 2013
redsun: Nigerians develops backward,mentally and otherwise. How could their fellow citizens have just been roasted alive for just mere phone? Mind you,they had the chance to kill the woman when she tried to stop them,but didn't because they ain't exactly killers. Just fundamental deprived as a result of evil leadership that has plagued Nigeria since it emergence as a nation.
Can you please summarize this BS in one line? Are you saying stealing or robbing people is Ok as long as they're not killed? Or robbery is allowed if its a small item like phone or recharge card? What do you do for living by the way? Should I guess? Cux you seem to know what they should have or could have done!
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by Rooneyboy(m): 12:43pm On Jul 12, 2013
Okija_juju: O well!

I'm still not a supporter of jungle justice, but I say good riddance to bad rubbish..

Like Jonathan said, Nigerians have lost confidence on the police.. This is the resultant effect of that loss of confidence..

Young man, are u a lawyer
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by princeonx: 12:45pm On Jul 12, 2013
IseOluwa777: Somebody had to do the job of betraying the Lord Jesus Christ, however woe to the man that did it says the bible.

Though the cup of those robbers was full (thats why they died), whoever partook in killing them (even one blow) is guilty of murder and in time, their cup will be full too.

Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by raymondinc(m): 12:49pm On Jul 12, 2013
As for those who talked abo't not being in supportive of jungle justice, ''have you been robbed by arm robbers before? If you have had this cruel and havocal experience you wudn't be wishing any hoodlums seeing a minute of the next day. As for me, that was a supurb cooporation. Bravo!
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by Austeenxx: 12:52pm On Jul 12, 2013
Holy mojo! lipsrsealed
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by redsun(m): 12:53pm On Jul 12, 2013
prince_onx:
Can you please summarize this BS in one line? Are you saying stealing or robbing people is Ok as long as they're not killed? Or robbery is allowed if its a small item like phone or recharge card? What do you do for living by the way? Should I guess? Cux you seem to know what they should have or could have done!

I am saying that even chimps in the wild settle scores among themselves without resulting to that kind of brutality. Don't tell me chimps are more rational than nigerians that can do such thing,like you,maybe.
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by 3kay945(m): 1:20pm On Jul 12, 2013
redsun: Nigerians develops backward,mentally and otherwise. How could their fellow citizens have just been roasted alive for just mere phone? Mind you, they had the chance to kill the woman when she tried to stop them,but didn't because they ain't exactly killers. Just fundamental deprived as a result of evil leadership that has plagued Nigeria since it emergence as a nation.

bros, you cant be so sure about that, it may due to many reasons like, lack of enough bullets, they wanted to make it smart and silent since they came during the day. One bullet may kill the woman, but what about the get-a-way bullet? grin
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by adelaja70(m): 1:20pm On Jul 12, 2013
picaro:

This is not Jungle justice, it is JUSTICE. did you not hear, the police had failed them. Handing them over to the police, three weeks later, these guys will have bribed their way out and would be on a revenge mission. With no hope for these innocent law abiding citizens, the last hope was to 'let them buurrrnn, let them buurrrn, let them burrrrn'
You are very correct...my office is close to where the robbery took place. They terrorised us almost everyday,they even killed a man early this year when they were trying to rob a lady of her car. I support jungle justice abeg.....
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by redsun(m): 1:26pm On Jul 12, 2013
Nigerians are truly evil and that is what perpetually hunts them and keep them backward as a people. These guys they wasted could have been on the street all their miserable lives,with no chance at all to succed in life.
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by danthamccoy(m): 1:27pm On Jul 12, 2013
You know what's worse? There are actually many 'educated' people, even on here who advocate lynching and burning human beings alive. In 2013. And they are angry Nigeria isn't more developed.
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by timowale: 1:32pm On Jul 12, 2013
face and head.”
Our correspondent learnt that the robbers allegedly snatched a motorcycle and shot a man in the area and were fleeing when a motorist knocked them down."

Wht the fate of dt one shot by those robbers.only God knws!
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by Afolabs101: 1:43pm On Jul 12, 2013
[b]Jungle Justice is dangerous and must be stopped, however if it is what the people want, it should be regularised somehow.

The reason I say this is too many innocent people are killed in the name of jungle justice. Once two or three people start shouting "ole ole", that's it for you. You may be an innocent bystander and suddenly a few area boys start calling you thief, the next thing you know, you're beaten to a pulp and then set on fire. Even if you claim your innocence, they will say you are lying. They can even take the money from your pockets or any of your belongings and say it is "evidence" of your theft.

This can happen to anybody, here are just 5 examples:

1- ALUU 4, we all know about that one
2- Samuel of Surulere, a 12 year old boy was accused of attempting to kidnap a younger child. A mob grabbed him, took the N50 note from his pocket and said he was using it to lure the child into kidnapping. No single witness to the supposed crime or the child who Samuel was accused of kidnapping were present.
3- Two destitutes in Lagos were eating raw meat that some people claimed was human meat, they were stripped beaten and almost killed but for police intervention. In the end it was confirmed that it was beef they were eating.
4- A woman again in Lagos was walking with her children and their cousins. A mob said she was a child kidnapper as it is not logically possible to have that number of children with her. She was stripped and beaten before police intervention.
5- The many cases where someone has accused an innocent person of stealing his dick and the next thing is the mob starts the beating.

There are many more examples of innocent people accused of theft, kidnapping, hit and run accidents etc who are killed in the name of jungle justice.

I recently saw the video of the Uniben student who was shot for no reason by a drunk DPO, as he was lying on the floor bleeding to death, the crowd that had gathered were there singing and shouting. Aside the fact that he was an innocent student, should we really be dancing, singing and rejoicing as a human being is being roasted alive, or in this case bleeding to death??

YES, a lot of times, the only way to stop a criminal is to kill him, so that he will not continue with his/her reign of terror, but we must be sure that the person being killed is guilty otherwise it is a clear case of MURDER[/b]

The solution: take photo's of the armed robber, deliver him to the DPO and tell him that if that man is released the community will raise hell for them. If the mob can repel two teams of policemen, they can force the DPO's hand.

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by Thosen(m): 1:43pm On Jul 12, 2013
The "REAL THIEVES" are those pot-bellied, arrogant and increasingly clueless bunch in Abuja, Lagos, Rivers, Bayelsa and every other "lucrative" state in Nigeria who have stolen the basic social benefits of the present day from this generation and are determined to steal the future of this generation and of those unborn. Until we are bold enough to bring them to JUSTICE in every definitive sense of the word, then this shameful, babaric and hypocritical act will continue.

olokfor: An angry mob has set three suspected armed robbers ablaze in Ikotun, Lagos State.

We learnt on Thursday that the robbers were set on fire on Wednesday evening, shortly after robbing a recharge card trader at Second Junction bus stop on Governor’s Road.
Our correspondent, who visited the area, observed burnt tyres, carcass of a burnt motorcycle and some human flesh on the side of the road.

The recharge card trader, Ese Akporhono, who had a bandage on her head, told our correspondent that the robbers came to her shop posing as customers.
She said a few seconds later, the suspects pointed a gun at her and stole recharge cards worth N400,000 before fleeing.
She said, “Around 5pm, I was closing the shop when the men approached me saying they wanted to buy recharge card.

“Before I knew what was happening, the men brought out guns and went into my shop, They stole recharge cards and money. I engaged them in a struggle and attempted to prevent them from fleeing. They overpowered me and used the butts of their guns to hit me in the face and head.”
Our correspondent learnt that the robbers allegedly snatched a motorcycle and shot a man in the area and were fleeing when a motorist knocked them down.

An eyewitness, who requested anonymity, said a bystander prevented them from fleeing as he pelted them with stones while they were attempting to stand up.

Other residents quickly joined the bystander and grabbed the weak robbers, beating them up to a pulp.
He said, “After the vehicle knocked them down while they were attempting to escape, we seized them and beat them to a pulp. The crowd grew larger and this attracted the attention of policemen.”

Our correspondent learnt that a team of policemen from Ikotun Police Station stormedthe scene and attempted to rescue the robbers but were overwhelmed by the mob.
It was learnt that policemen even fired gunshots into the air but the mob remained adamant.
A woman, who runs a bar in the area, said another team of policemen also arrived from Area M, Idimu, but the mob set the robbers ablaze.

She said, “The policemen came in a patrol vehicle and asked the crowd to hand over the robbers but they refused because they did not trust the police.
“Another team of policemen also came but the crowd ignored them. Some of them (crowd) got tyres, placed them round the robbers’ necks and set them ablaze.
“They however handed over their guns to the police.”

When asked why the residents took laws intotheir own hands, the woman said there had been an increase in robbery in the area and the police had failed them.
She said, “It is because armed robbers have been terrorising us that is why we close our shops early. Last year, a pregnant woman was robbed and killed in this area.

“We cannot continue to fold our arms. By this act, robbers will be afraid anytime they think of coming here.”
Akporhono told our correspondent that her recharge cards were still with the police and they had refused to return them to her.

“Police are holding my recharge cards as exhibit, I want them back because I am the victim,” she said.
When contacted on the telephone, the spokesperson for the state police command, Ngozi Braide, said she was aware of the incident and promised to call back.

www.metronaija.com/photo-3-suspected-robbers-set-ablaze-for-stealing-recharge-cards/
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by tontons: 2:11pm On Jul 12, 2013
size38: So this one that happened in lagos is proper? The one that happened in Aluu is barbaric. How can people be burnt 4 stealing ordinary recharge cards. Where are d police? Where are the courts?. It happened in Aluu, it happens everywia in nigeria. It will continue to happen in nigeria. We shld all rise up to condemn jungle justice in nigeri
beta say we shud all rise up n shun crime instead.
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by Chartey(m): 2:11pm On Jul 12, 2013
Jungle justice is all sorts of wrong.
See this scenario o: Alhaji A lent money to Mr B who owned the recharge card shop. Mr B has refused to pay for so long. So due to this same "lack of belief in the police" people are saying, Alhaji A(also a businessman) decides to employ touts to retrieve his money for him. The touts get to Mr B's shop and he is not there but his sales girl is. They are rude to her and seize her recharge cards. Then she shouts "egba mi o, awon ole ti de o". The area boys who themselves are no better than the touts Alhaji A sent then arrive. They chase the touts and catch and overpower them. They then lynch them. A stomach journalist posts the story here. Then as usual, undiscerning NLanders come and glorify jungle justice just because the victims were called "armed-robbers".
So if the ALUU4 were called armed-robbers(yes, they were armed and they seized someone's items at midnight), would their deaths have been justified?
Now, why do all these things happen in the south? I thought southerners were more civilized and valued life more than their northern brothers?
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by vivaciousvivi(f): 2:17pm On Jul 12, 2013
Lord have mercy! shocked How can people just "suya" others like this Granted they are robbers but wth now?! lipsrsealed
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by demsid(m): 2:38pm On Jul 12, 2013
LEXYCOM: People get mind oooooooo...aw u go burn ur fellow begin...
MinD u,na people make pple get mind. D robbers no get mind?
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by Doluseun(m): 2:48pm On Jul 12, 2013
How i wish our politicians can recieve this kind of treatment...coz they are the greatest thieves

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Female Ex-convict Breaks Into Home To Steal Panties And Bras In Ogun. Photos / 'My Life Is In Danger' - Kidnap Victim That Escaped From Evans' Den / Mob Attacks 3 Robbery Suspects In Benue (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.