Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards (29306 Views)

10 Suspected Robbers Killed In Lagos In 12 Days - Vanguard / 2 Okada Snatchers Nabbed, Beaten To Death And Set Ablaze In Abuja (Graphic Pic) / Robbers Who Stole Huge Sum Of Money Set Ablaze By Mob In Anambra(Graphics Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by olokfor: 7:47am On Jul 12, 2013
An angry mob has set three suspected armed robbers ablaze in Ikotun, Lagos State.

We learnt on Thursday that the robbers were set on fire on Wednesday evening, shortly after robbing a recharge card trader at Second Junction bus stop on Governor’s Road.
Our correspondent, who visited the area, observed burnt tyres, carcass of a burnt motorcycle and some human flesh on the side of the road.

The recharge card trader, Ese Akporhono, who had a bandage on her head, told our correspondent that the robbers came to her shop posing as customers.
She said a few seconds later, the suspects pointed a gun at her and stole recharge cards worth N400,000 before fleeing.
She said, “Around 5pm, I was closing the shop when the men approached me saying they wanted to buy recharge card.

“Before I knew what was happening, the men brought out guns and went into my shop, They stole recharge cards and money. I engaged them in a struggle and attempted to prevent them from fleeing. They overpowered me and used the butts of their guns to hit me in the face and head.”
Our correspondent learnt that the robbers allegedly snatched a motorcycle and shot a man in the area and were fleeing when a motorist knocked them down.

An eyewitness, who requested anonymity, said a bystander prevented them from fleeing as he pelted them with stones while they were attempting to stand up.

Other residents quickly joined the bystander and grabbed the weak robbers, beating them up to a pulp.
He said, “After the vehicle knocked them down while they were attempting to escape, we seized them and beat them to a pulp. The crowd grew larger and this attracted the attention of policemen.”

Our correspondent learnt that a team of policemen from Ikotun Police Station stormedthe scene and attempted to rescue the robbers but were overwhelmed by the mob.
It was learnt that policemen even fired gunshots into the air but the mob remained adamant.
A woman, who runs a bar in the area, said another team of policemen also arrived from Area M, Idimu, but the mob set the robbers ablaze.

She said, “The policemen came in a patrol vehicle and asked the crowd to hand over the robbers but they refused because they did not trust the police.
“Another team of policemen also came but the crowd ignored them. Some of them (crowd) got tyres, placed them round the robbers’ necks and set them ablaze.
“They however handed over their guns to the police.”

When asked why the residents took laws intotheir own hands, the woman said there had been an increase in robbery in the area and the police had failed them.
She said, “It is because armed robbers have been terrorising us that is why we close our shops early. Last year, a pregnant woman was robbed and killed in this area.

“We cannot continue to fold our arms. By this act, robbers will be afraid anytime they think of coming here.”
Akporhono told our correspondent that her recharge cards were still with the police and they had refused to return them to her.

“Police are holding my recharge cards as exhibit, I want them back because I am the victim,” she said.
When contacted on the telephone, the spokesperson for the state police command, Ngozi Braide, said she was aware of the incident and promised to call back.

www.metronaija.com/photo-3-suspected-robbers-set-ablaze-for-stealing-recharge-cards/

3 Likes

Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by Afam4eva(m): 7:50am On Jul 12, 2013
Damn. Not again.
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by Dreal1247: 8:10am On Jul 12, 2013
Na person 9 months end like dis. I pity the mama wey born dem. From burn fire to Hell fire. Sad indeed.

5 Likes

Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by Okijajuju1(m): 8:12am On Jul 12, 2013
O well!

I'm still not a supporter of jungle justice, but I say good riddance to bad rubbish..

Like Jonathan said, Nigerians have lost confidence on the police.. This is the resultant effect of that loss of confidence..

17 Likes

Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by nerodenero: 8:14am On Jul 12, 2013
Everyday is for the thief and one day for the owner.

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by carzola(m): 8:20am On Jul 12, 2013
D most important part of a robery is the get away!.. Nigerian robbers try and plan better get aways or end up roasted meat. Big ups to the guy that use his car to knock them down his thy hero..

6 Likes

Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by overdrive(m): 8:50am On Jul 12, 2013
Hope the withheld evidence will still be complete when d olopas finish their investigation btw d case clearly solved itself wonder what else d men in black want to investigate if not To rip d poor girl off trust Ndi eke grin

3 Likes

Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by Acidosis(m): 9:06am On Jul 12, 2013
When asked why the residents. took laws intotheir own hands, the woman said there had been an increase in robbery in the area and the police had failed them

buahahaahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin

“The policemen came in a patrol vehicle and asked the crowd to hand over the robbers but they refused because they did not trust the police

hhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha n
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by BlackBaron: 9:08am On Jul 12, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by Lilimax(f): 10:17am On Jul 12, 2013
WELL DAYUMM ...in the language of my friend Obadiah77

1 Like

Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by ekwerendi(m): 10:17am On Jul 12, 2013
this is bad
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by tomakint: 10:17am On Jul 12, 2013
Jungle Justice for the Lazy Bastards! I love this, armed robbery no be work oooo!

9 Likes

Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 12, 2013
In as much as what they did wuz wrong. I still don't support this jungle justice. Itz jux ridiculous.

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by speeder(m): 10:19am On Jul 12, 2013
If this peole finish dey burn here come go hell fire, o boy, na die be dat o. Sha, rest in peace.

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by ziccoit: 10:19am On Jul 12, 2013
Thank God the woman is alive to tell the story. Meanwhile this kind of misplaced undeserved jungle justice can only be seen in a jungle like Nigeria.

How many of JEGs, SAMBOs, MINISTERS, GOVERNORS etc, both past and present, who we can argue deserve this kind of jungle justice, are being killed like this everyday? When are Nigerians going to stop being insensible?
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by Temismith(f): 10:21am On Jul 12, 2013
Jungle justice!
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by mysticgal(f): 10:23am On Jul 12, 2013
aww so they no go fit do ghost work again,or incarnation, even sure the devil prepared special hell fire for themundecided
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 12, 2013
God taken d matter into their own hand nawao
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by martin92(m): 10:24am On Jul 12, 2013
I tot it was only Aluu people dat are wicked, the woman even get mind to struggle oh. If nah me, i go protect my life first

3 Likes

Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by AbdulAdam56(m): 10:25am On Jul 12, 2013
Jungle justice. shocked
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 12, 2013
Life is very cheap in this country, almost as cheap as pure water.

6 Likes

Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by size38: 10:27am On Jul 12, 2013
So this one that happened in lagos is proper? The one that happened in Aluu is barbaric. How can people be burnt 4 stealing ordinary recharge cards. Where are d police? Where are the courts?. It happened in Aluu, it happens everywia in nigeria. It will continue to happen in nigeria. We shld all rise up to condemn jungle justice in nigeri

8 Likes

Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by LOUDmedia(m): 10:28am On Jul 12, 2013
Real-time jungle justice
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by Youngtekkey(m): 10:30am On Jul 12, 2013
rubbish why did they take justice in their own hands it's not good for what they have just done they will suffer them for cut their hand or leg not burn them completely or them for pour them acid
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by ichommy(m): 10:30am On Jul 12, 2013
Good for them,

P.S Am not from Aluu

1 Like

Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by LEXYCOM: 10:30am On Jul 12, 2013
People get mind oooooooo...aw u go burn ur fellow begin...
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by ffo(m): 10:30am On Jul 12, 2013
olokfor: An angry mob has set three suspected armed robbers ablaze in Ikotun, Lagos State.

We learnt on Thursday that the robbers were set on fire on Wednesday evening, shortly after robbing a recharge card trader at Second Junction bus stop on Governor’s Road.
Our correspondent, who visited the area, observed burnt tyres, carcass of a burnt motorcycle and some human flesh on the side of the road.

The recharge card trader, Ese Akporhono, who had a bandage on her head, told our correspondent that the robbers came to her shop posing as customers.
She said a few seconds later, the suspects pointed a gun at her and stole recharge cards worth N400,000 before fleeing.
She said, “Around 5pm, I was closing the shop when the men approached me saying they wanted to buy recharge card.

“Before I knew what was happening, the men brought out guns and went into my shop, They stole recharge cards and money. I engaged them in a struggle and attempted to prevent them from fleeing. They overpowered me and used the butts of their guns to hit me in the face and head.”
Our correspondent learnt that the robbers allegedly snatched a motorcycle and shot a man in the area and were fleeing when a motorist knocked them down.

An eyewitness, who requested anonymity, said a bystander prevented them from fleeing as he pelted them with stones while they were attempting to stand up.

Other residents quickly joined the bystander and grabbed the weak robbers, beating them up to a pulp.
He said, “After the vehicle knocked them down while they were attempting to escape, we seized them and beat them to a pulp. The crowd grew larger and this attracted the attention of policemen.”

Our correspondent learnt that a team of policemen from Ikotun Police Station stormedthe scene and attempted to rescue the robbers but were overwhelmed by the mob.
It was learnt that policemen even fired gunshots into the air but the mob remained adamant.
A woman, who runs a bar in the area, said another team of policemen also arrived from Area M, Idimu, but the mob set the robbers ablaze.

She said, “The policemen came in a patrol vehicle and asked the crowd to hand over the robbers but they refused because they did not trust the police.
“Another team of policemen also came but the crowd ignored them. Some of them (crowd) got tyres, placed them round the robbers’ necks and set them ablaze.
“They however handed over their guns to the police.”

When asked why the residents took laws intotheir own hands, the woman said there had been an increase in robbery in the area and the police had failed them.
She said, “It is because armed robbers have been terrorising us that is why we close our shops early. Last year, a pregnant woman was robbed and killed in this area.

“We cannot continue to fold our arms. By this act, robbers will be afraid anytime they think of coming here.”
Akporhono told our correspondent that her recharge cards were still with the police and they had refused to return them to her.

“Police are holding my recharge cards as exhibit, I want them back because I am the victim,” she said.
When contacted on the telephone, the spokesperson for the state police command, Ngozi Braide, said she was aware of the incident and promised to call back.

www.metronaija.com/photo-3-suspected-robbers-set-ablaze-for-stealing-recharge-cards/
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 12, 2013
They even burnt the okada too, wetin make the okada man do now?

This is barbaric undecided
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by AbuMikey(m): 10:31am On Jul 12, 2013
They were ALLUminated from this earth like Goats
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by dplomaticVal: 10:32am On Jul 12, 2013
Bad outing 4 the hoodlums, The police higher thieves shouldn't hesitate to return the victim's cards.

1 Like

Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 12, 2013
Waow just like 2 pac sang, dats just the way it is, some things will never change. Smh. RIP.

1 Like

Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by 3ace(m): 10:34am On Jul 12, 2013
Useless woman. You better go and do thanksgiving in the church. How can you be struggling with armed thieves over N400,000 worth of recharge cards? Moreover, you're a female. Many did not live to tell the story.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mob Attacks 3 Robbery Suspects In Benue (Graphic Photos) / Photo Of 2 Brothers Killed And Dumped In A Car Boot In Anambra / Female Ex-convict Breaks Into Home To Steal Panties And Bras In Ogun. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.