Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,705 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards (29313 Views)

10 Suspected Robbers Killed In Lagos In 12 Days - Vanguard / 2 Okada Snatchers Nabbed, Beaten To Death And Set Ablaze In Abuja (Graphic Pic) / Robbers Who Stole Huge Sum Of Money Set Ablaze By Mob In Anambra(Graphics Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by McCEAZA(f): 3:04pm On Jul 12, 2013
Nyc hook!
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by princeonx: 3:05pm On Jul 12, 2013
redsun:

I am saying that even chimps in the wild settle scores among themselves without resulting to that kind of brutality. Don't tell me chimps are more rational than nigerians that can do such thing,like you,maybe.
You were singing my song until that word "maybe" came in. There's no maybe in it! I will burn you and even blend your remain if any if you rob me. There is no single reason for armed robbery take it or leave!
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by princeonx: 3:07pm On Jul 12, 2013
adelaja70:
You are very correct...my office is close to where the robbery took place. They terrorised us almost everyday,they even [b]killed a man [/b]early this year when they were trying to rob a lady of her car. I support jungle justice abeg.....
@redsun: I guess you missed the quoted post.
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by demefa(m): 3:09pm On Jul 12, 2013
redsun: Nigerians develops backward,mentally and otherwise. How could their fellow citizens have just been roasted alive for just mere phone? Mind you,they had the chance to kill the woman when she tried to stop them,but didn't because they ain't exactly killers. Just fundamental deprived as a result of evil leadership that has plagued Nigeria since it emergence as a nation.
ur stupid mayb ur papa b tyf or u b tyf
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by Rhea(f): 3:09pm On Jul 12, 2013
[size=18pt]3 less thieves to worry about. Next...[/size]
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by demefa(m): 3:14pm On Jul 12, 2013
redsun:

I am saying that even chimps in the wild settle scores among themselves without resulting to that kind of brutality. Don't tell me chimps are more rational than nigerians that can do such thing,like you,maybe.
ur a tyf
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by vitality22(m): 3:16pm On Jul 12, 2013
hotwax:

I guess you have not been robbed before. I pray you fall victim of gun possessed armed robbers, your story will change.

Based on my experience with robbers, anytime I see people burning them, I will join and pour petrol. Jungle justice my a...s.

And police free them in the following week. And they continue to rob innocent people. They are cancers and they need to be removed anyhow.

I know of a guy in Agege (Lagos), he robs people with gun on daily basis. NPF arrest him everyday, the next day you see him again. Somebody who should be dead.

Honestly, you took the words outta ma mouth. Anybody that shouts jungle justice when a confirmed armed robber caught in the act is burnt to death, may ARMED ROBBERS VISIT SUCH PERSON in JESUS NAME.
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by Rhea(f): 3:20pm On Jul 12, 2013
[size=14pt]What is wrong with jungle justice when we live in a jungle?
What do you want to happen? Hand them over to the police and by next month they will be bailed and then come back and kill the recharge card seller and all those that exposed them?
A thief is a thief. He can repent when he is dead, not before[/size]

1 Like

Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by pss: 3:46pm On Jul 12, 2013
Let think outside the box. Do you think a government official thief i.e. Governors, ministers and etc will be killed in this manner?

Why can we give the same treatment to senator farouk lawan?
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by Kog45(m): 3:50pm On Jul 12, 2013
what a world
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by Afolabs101: 3:54pm On Jul 12, 2013
Rhea: [size=14pt]What is wrong with jungle justice when we live in a jungle?
What do you want to happen? Hand them over to the police and by next month they will be bailed and then come back and kill the recharge card seller and all those that exposed them?

What's wrong with jungle justice? How do you know the person being beaten and burnt is guilty? The word of a couple of random people is enough for you to join in the brutal killing of someone?? See below:

1- ALUU 4, we all know about that one
2- Samuel of Surulere, a 12 year old boy was accused of attempting to kidnap a younger child. A mob grabbed him, took the N50 note from his pocket and said he was using it to lure the child into kidnapping. No single witness to the supposed crime or the child who Samuel was accused of kidnapping were present.
3- Two destitutes in Lagos were eating raw meat that some people claimed was human meat, they were stripped beaten and almost killed but for police intervention. In the end it was confirmed that it was beef they were eating.
4- A woman again in Lagos was walking with her children and their cousins. A mob said she was a child kidnapper as it is not logically possible to have that number of children with her. She was stripped and beaten before police intervention.
5- The many cases where someone has accused an innocent person of stealing his Joystick and the next thing is the mob starts the beating.

There are many more examples of innocent people accused of theft, kidnapping, hit and run accidents etc who are killed in the name of jungle justice.

I am not against the death penalty for armed robbers and kidnappers, but let us be sure that the suspect is actually guilty before we kill them. There were lots of comments of people saying "good riddance" and "they deserve it", people were basically rejoicing the killing of the ALUU 4.

Next thing we hear they were not robbers and were innocent, now the tributes start flowing in and those that rejoiced earlier ate their words.

Remember that God is watching, so as you leave comments saying how good it is that those people died, remind yourselves that you do not actually know whether the people who were killed were armed robbers or innocent. If the police are willing to kill innocent people and label them armed robbers, it stands to reason that other unscrupulous members of society may do the same.

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by indianin9ja(m): 3:56pm On Jul 12, 2013
If you steal from people, you're taking away their livelihood, and it's as if you're killing them. So these criminals got what they deserved.
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by collynzo2(m): 4:02pm On Jul 12, 2013
Rhea: [size=14pt]What is wrong with jungle justice when we live in a jungle?
The bolded is so true and that's why jungle justice exists. Those against it should provide alternative options with the bolded point above in mind.
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by DeGenius3(m): 4:04pm On Jul 12, 2013
3ace: Useless woman. You better go and do thanksgiving in the church. How can you be struggling with armed thieves over N400,000 worth of recharge cards? Moreover, you're a female. Many did not live to tell the story.

why will you call her a "useless woman"...

what's your problem?

this is a woman that's being robbed of her
recharge cards worth N400, 000.

and that amount of money is no small
money for an average Nigerian.

don't you know that it's her business?
her means of survival?

so please... don't say she is useless.

thank you
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by femliany(m): 4:08pm On Jul 12, 2013
about 200m from the spot where these guyz were burntm,early hours of this morning thieves still broke into a wine shop @ this same gov.rd.
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by Zither(m): 4:28pm On Jul 12, 2013
3ace: Useless woman. You better go and do thanksgiving in the church. How can you be struggling with armed thieves over N400,000 worth of recharge cards? Moreover, you're a female. Many did not live to tell the story.
Guy enh..I tire 4 dis woman o. Why did her senses abandon her when she needed it most.. Anyway, I detest jungle justice to the marrow.. My blood, bones, spirit and spit all detest the brutal and merciless act of jungle death sentence..however, in light of the testimony given by witnesses and the fact that armed robbery which leaves corpses behind has increased exponentially, I dnt wanna come as heartless but they deserved this shameful end.. Recently, my once peaceful area at Ikeja has turned into a den of nightmare owing to the series of raids by armed robbers who visit the area at will...shoot guns, strip people or occupants of residential or commercial buildings of their property....and leave without any effort by anyone to apprehend them.

This is the society we live in where desperados see armed robbery as a lucrative profession. They refuse to work for a living like the majority...rather they would waste money on drinks, party, womanising... and then beat up or kill innocent people when depriving them of their hard earned money and property in order to replenish the ones recklessly wasted because they don't know the meaning of hard work.

TO those robbers burnt like a disgusting heap of waste...that's what you are and may you continue to burn in the next world for choosing to terrorise peace loving and hard working people who earn their bread and butter with diligent hands....not by forcefully depriving others of their goods at gun point....

BTW, did I hear some people say RIP? mtchewww
angry

1 Like

Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by mazis: 4:43pm On Jul 12, 2013
eiyaa 2moro dey no go cross dat area because dey no go dey alive
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by bantonservices(m): 5:12pm On Jul 12, 2013
I don't pity them. They deserve it. They would have escaped if the vehicle didn't knock them down. It's obvious God wanted them to be punished this time around.
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by cycline404(m): 5:20pm On Jul 12, 2013
Call CArd... That is ridiculous...
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 12, 2013
God forgive me but I think it serves them right. I witness something similar 2years back somewhere around Agege. The bike was next to me and I where it was going. Unknown to me,the bike man and the passenger were thieves carefully waiting for one woman across to snatch her necklace. Omo,the scene weak me,e be like say I dey watch Naija film.. Thankfully,my own gold chain was tucked in my shirt. That might be the reason I wasn't robbed sef.. They deserve what they got
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by princeonx: 5:31pm On Jul 12, 2013
cycline404: Call CArd... That is ridiculous...
Don't just call it a call card! It's about 400,000 naira worth of calling card. Abi that amount no plenty for your eyes?
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by tunexad(m): 5:49pm On Jul 12, 2013
Na wa ooo, it once happened in Rivers, now its in Lagos, hope it wnt spread truout d 36states, even dough Rapture is going 2 b by burning, we sudnt start it ourselves, we sud just wait 4 God.
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by timilehing(m): 6:05pm On Jul 12, 2013
Na wa o. person dey burn, ppl dey take pictures
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by Korad26: 6:15pm On Jul 12, 2013
Jungle justice
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by obiseq: 6:16pm On Jul 12, 2013
size38: So this one that happened in lagos is proper? The one that happened in Aluu is barbaric. How can people be burnt 4 stealing ordinary recharge cards. Where are d police? Where are the courts?. It happened in Aluu, it happens everywia in nigeria. It will continue to happen in nigeria. We shld all rise up to condemn jungle justice in nigeri
in as much i dont support dis J.J. Why did u say ordinary rechaqge card so 400k worth of r/card is wat u caled odinary r/cad. SMH
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by ceejayluv(m): 6:24pm On Jul 12, 2013
tunexad: Na wa ooo, it once happened in Rivers, now its in Lagos, hope it wnt spread truout d 36states, even dough Rapture is going 2 b by burning, we sudnt start it ourselves, we sud just wait 4 God.
Is there any state that lynching of suspects has never occurred?
are you this ignorant or just pretending?

1 Like

Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by obuji: 6:28pm On Jul 12, 2013
size38: So this one that happened in lagos is proper? The one that happened in Aluu is barbaric. How can people be burnt 4 stealing ordinary recharge cards. Where are d police? Where are the courts?. It happened in Aluu, it happens everywia in nigeria. It will continue to happen in nigeria. We shld all rise up to condemn jungle justice in nigeri
You called 400k worth of recharg card ordinary?
Did you not read the line that said they( thieves ) shot someone and collected his bike?
And a pregnant woman was once killed by armed robbers.
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by Igbanibo: 6:29pm On Jul 12, 2013
I am not a fan of burning armed robbers, but when are we going to start burning the corrupt politicians!!!
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by Rhea(f): 6:33pm On Jul 12, 2013
Afolabs101:

What's wrong with jungle justice? How do you know the person being beaten and burnt is guilty? The word of a couple of random people is enough for you to join in the brutal killing of someone?? See below:

1- ALUU 4, we all know about that one
2- Samuel of Surulere, a 12 year old boy was accused of attempting to kidnap a younger child. A mob grabbed him, took the N50 note from his pocket and said he was using it to lure the child into kidnapping. No single witness to the supposed crime or the child who Samuel was accused of kidnapping were present.
3- Two destitutes in Lagos were eating raw meat that some people claimed was human meat, they were stripped beaten and almost killed but for police intervention. In the end it was confirmed that it was beef they were eating.
4- A woman again in Lagos was walking with her children and their cousins. A mob said she was a child kidnapper as it is not logically possible to have that number of children with her. She was stripped and beaten before police intervention.
5- The many cases where someone has accused an innocent person of stealing his Joystick and the next thing is the mob starts the beating.

There are many more examples of innocent people accused of theft, kidnapping, hit and run accidents etc who are killed in the name of jungle justice.

I am not against the death penalty for armed robbers and kidnappers, but let us be sure that the suspect is actually guilty before we kill them. There were lots of comments of people saying "good riddance" and "they deserve it", people were basically rejoicing the killing of the ALUU 4.

Next thing we hear they were not robbers and were innocent, now the tributes start flowing in and those that rejoiced earlier ate their words.

Remember that God is watching, so as you leave comments saying how good it is that those people died, remind yourselves that you do not actually know whether the people who were killed were armed robbers or innocent. If the police are willing to kill innocent people and label them armed robbers, it stands to reason that other unscrupulous members of society may do the same.

And what alternative do you offer besides your astute observations? Have you ever had a loaded gun pointed in your face by an armed robber? Have you ever had the privilege of being robbed at gun point by the police? Have you ever slept in a kidnapper's den before? Will you willingly offer yourself as a witness to the police when such "innocent criminals" are handed over tot he police for prosecution?
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 12, 2013
If anoda man dead body is carried it will like a fire wood in ur eyes. If na ur sister they rob and also shot ur broda and snatch ur inlaw okada u will knw dat they deserve wat they got.
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 12, 2013
Excellent, hopefully this is the same crew that robbed my Wife in Ibadan.
Re: Suspected Robbers Set-Ablaze In Lagos For Stealing Recharge Cards by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 12, 2013
Somorin#1:
Excellent, hopefully this is the same crew that robbed my Wife in Ibadan.
harsh!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'My Life Is In Danger' - Kidnap Victim That Escaped From Evans' Den / Mob Attacks 3 Robbery Suspects In Benue (Graphic Photos) / RRS Officer Arrests Car-snatching Syndicate Member, Cheats Death (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.