Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,716 members, 7,824,027 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" (55112 Views)

Ibrahim Magu Meets Wole Soyinka To Discuss How To Fight Corruption - Photos / Obasanjo Should Let Jonathan Be – Fayose / Probe Jonathan, Be Fair, PDP Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by Afrocatalyst: 6:57am On Jul 13, 2013
A virtuos woman does nt meddle in his huband's affairs. She's just a clintonwannabe.
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by iykmilo: 6:58am On Jul 13, 2013
soyinka statement has no element of profness in it. i read with much zest to see him mention where and how d first lady involved her self ind crisis but saw. It is embarrasing for someone like wil summond d press to make such remark about d fi rst lady. Shame

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by mrakin(m): 6:58am On Jul 13, 2013
Women are vessels of honour and dignity due to their complimentary roles in the family and the duty making sure everything is ok. I respect my mother and wife, they are good examples.
However, politically, nobody voted for any first lady. Even if we now have an unconstitutional office of the first lady, it should be used judiciously for a good course to compliment the office of the president. I commend greatly the ever-humble Mrs Fashola of Lagos state and some other first ladies who never allow their offices to be-cloud their sense of reasoning. Political office holders should remember that they are citizens and that they will come back. Women in power should try to put aside the dominant inherent emotion of pride and the i-am-superior syndrome. I know president Jonathan is humble and he should lecture his wife on leadership 101. The truth is always the truth, Rt hon Amaechi may not be 100% right in his ways, but no one should use unconstitutional means to correct the perceived wrongs. I may not be 100% correct, but that is my opinion.

15 Likes

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by lightheart(m): 7:02am On Jul 13, 2013
"..... that she should be a lady first before being a first lady"

The Prof has spoken!
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by Edmomd(m): 7:02am On Jul 13, 2013
A day is coming in Nigeria when monkey will go market. And he will not come back

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by Nobody: 7:03am On Jul 13, 2013
domcarez: Shut the crap Wole Soyinka, you are just an APC supporter in disguise....how could u take sides in this issue instead of being objective....that means u wole soyinka believes Amaechi is a saint right...mtchewww..jobless noble laureate looking for presidential recognition..
Stop blabbing. Saying WS is looking for Presidential recognition is like saying Obama is looking for chieftancy title. WS has passed that stage a long long time ago, by using his brain. Tommorow, Jonathan and Patience will be out of power and go back to Bayelsa, but WS will still be where he is (rubbing shoulder with the likes of Obama and Mandela.)

22 Likes

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by luvmijeje(f): 7:04am On Jul 13, 2013
What's wrong with that woman? She should just find one place to sit down jejely and let the country hear better things.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by devour129: 7:05am On Jul 13, 2013
eldoradoxx: I would choose to be president for a week than Noble Lauret for a life time !!!
sad

13 Likes

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by henrimoto(m): 7:06am On Jul 13, 2013
kundul: Oya mk 2 of dem engage in public live debate 4 TV mk we c who sabi kill oh sorry speak english
bros, na wa 4 u oooo. why and how u go match dem 2 for live debate? u wan stain d global image and reputation of d proff.. if u see madam goodluck and proff. soyinka dey debate 4 live tv.., abeg, shame no go catch u?

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by jeron1(m): 7:09am On Jul 13, 2013
some one shld tell mrs lazarus that lazarus wasnt heard after his resurrection so make she go reduce her noise o

1 Like

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by redcliff: 7:09am On Jul 13, 2013
Pygru: Wife of the President, Mrs. Patience Jonathan, on Friday took on the Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, for attributing the crisis in the Rivers State House of Assembly to her.
In a statement by her spokesman, Ayo Osinlu, the President’s wife said Soyinka betrayed the moral duty that expected him, as a respected member of the society, to carefully consider all shades of issues that informed his opinions on any matter.
Mrs. Jonathan said Soyinka had become an embarrassment to his admirers with his diatribe against her.
The statement read in part, “Unfortunately, Soyinka betrayed moral duty in his recent diatribe against Mrs. Patience Jonathan.
“Of course, this would not be the first time he would reach out against the First Lady, usually from self-righteously indignant lecterns.
“In this particular instance, his verdict was that Mrs. Jonathan was ‘stoking the crisis currently rocking her home state of Rivers…’, and thereupon asked Mr. President to caution his wife.
“The good, old Prof. reminds one of the truth that indeed, most of the giants on the street are men of like passions like everyone else. Worse still, most of them are actually standing on clay feet and would fail the test of a gentle push.
“Otherwise, who would have believed that the social, civil, constitutional and sundry rights crusader Prof. would maintain a safe distance from the heart ofan activity that is a potential threat to the peace, security and safety of the people ofa state, then collect exaggerated stories and jaundiced perspectives from familiar propagandists and character assassins, and promptly summon the media to a “state of the nation” address.
“It’s an embarrassment to his throng of admirers and followers, that a sage of Prof. Soyinka’s status, who used to be a gauge of public morality in this nation, would lend himself to a propaganda of high drive, to save a governor who elected to launch into a river without applicable survival skills.”
Mrs. Jonathan argued that the calculation was to attack the President and pull to pieces anyone associated with him, as a strategy for attracting public sympathy to the “clear underdog.”
Continue reading at source: http://www.punchng.com/news/soyinka- an-embarrassment-patience-jonathan- %e2%80%a2amaechi-behind-rivers- crisis-fg-%e2%80%a2allegation-baseless- governor/

https://www.nairaland.com/1357171/wole-soyinka-embarrassment-patience-jonathan#16772093

She reply the guy through her English instructor, otherwise Nigerians for don done am with the grammatical errors wey she go blow come.Bros we all know PEJ no fit speak this kine engliSh. Na why she hire person for that purpose. This Ayo guy go dey make fortune from this woman. Choi.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by samilo88(m): 7:09am On Jul 13, 2013
I have long lost my respect for this man Soyinka. He has become too entangled in the Webs of Nig politics..

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by Abdulsquared: 7:10am On Jul 13, 2013
what exactly d wahala of ds so call first lady with gov amaechi?
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by dejgan: 7:10am On Jul 13, 2013
eldoradoxx: I would choose to be president for a week than Noble Lauret for a life time !!!

Just like they filled twitter and fb, they have invaded nairaland. I am afraid for your future. Your skull is too full of rubbish to comprehend what am saying. The same way your grand parents sold your oil and destiny in the creeks.....keep at it...I pity your mother for the waste of nine months and space you took while in her womb.

22 Likes

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by markwil(m): 7:11am On Jul 13, 2013
. I guess u r just a dumbass

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by olaniyanibukun0: 7:11am On Jul 13, 2013
You don't know the definition of Noble Lauret, nor the the difference between being successful and being madly rich

1 Like

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by donigspain(m): 7:13am On Jul 13, 2013
''...a mere domestic appendage''
^^Now that sounds a bit sexist, Prof.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by kiyosaki1(m): 7:16am On Jul 13, 2013
Maxymilliano: I don't see why anyone should blame PEJ for replying Prof in like manner.

WS threw the first stone, PEJ responded ... Fair game!
He also called Patient Jonathan a mere domestic apendage....LWKMD
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by donigspain(m): 7:18am On Jul 13, 2013
Afrocatalyst: A virtuos woman does nt meddle in his huband's affairs. She's just a clintonwannabe.
Says who? Which quote person no go see for Nairaland!

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by fes2ga: 7:20am On Jul 13, 2013
Being a Noble Laurette is better than a Nigerian president.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by ajanaku2(m): 7:21am On Jul 13, 2013

Well, I'm not surprised!

6 Likes

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by Toktee(m): 7:22am On Jul 13, 2013
domcarez: Shut the crap Wole Soyinka, you are just an APC supporter in disguise....how could u take sides in this issue instead of being objective....that means u wole soyinka believes Amaechi is a saint right...mtchewww..jobless noble laureate looking for presidential recognition..
Imbecil.e,how dare you associate the prof with a politcal;so anybdy that oppose to Jonathan and his elephant wife is with Apc..i wonder why you smook weed this morning

5 Likes

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by kiyosaki1(m): 7:23am On Jul 13, 2013
redcliff:

Bros we all know PEJ no fit speak this kine engliSh. Na why she hire person for that purpose. This Ayo guy go dey make fortune from this woman. Choi.
What do you expect from a mere domestic appendage
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by ekolina(m): 7:24am On Jul 13, 2013
cmega123:
Stop blabbing. Saying WS is looking for Presidential recognition is like saying Obama is looking for chieftancy title. WS has passed that stage a long long time ago, by using his brain. Tommorow, Jonathan and Patience will be out of power and go back to Bayelsa, but WS will still be where he is (rubbing shoulder with the likes of Obama and Mandela.)
u fool, is obama n madela literary icon?? Even chiamada adichie has dne far beta dan wole

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by Benspoon(m): 7:25am On Jul 13, 2013
He jst alwayz haz d right words.
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by henrimoto(m): 7:26am On Jul 13, 2013
@democarez. wetin b ur own there? how ur own take b ? u better find ur rythm! look @ u calling a whole nobel laureate a jobless ...? do u ...
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by Phranciz(m): 7:26am On Jul 13, 2013
If only patience can make such constructive sentence, abi she don dey go school.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by bankbened: 7:27am On Jul 13, 2013
First Lady don start to dey cause wahala now ba, she will go back for her treatment now that wil keep her silence again.
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by dougnat: 7:28am On Jul 13, 2013
Wat soyinka said is d truth she is a mere domestic appendage...wat a big grammer on d ist lady...shoutout 2 soyinka d Godfada

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by Nobody: 7:29am On Jul 13, 2013
cry
dejgan:

Just like they filled twitter and fb, they have invaded nairaland. I am afraid for your future. Your skull is too full of rubbish to comprehend what am saying. The same way your grand parents sold your oil and destiny in the creeks.....keep at it...I pity your mother for the waste of nine months and space you took while in her womb.

I laff in shorthand!! lols..i no hear dat blast!
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by ProfessorPeter(m): 7:30am On Jul 13, 2013
Soyinka and Falana, if you have any evidence(s) that PGJ is the brain behind the crisis in River State, pls go court. PGJ does not enjoy immunity. Stop heating the already heating politic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Visits Ekwulobia In Anambra (Photos) / Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti / Nigerian Army Troops Ambush BHT On The High Way Express In The North East(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.