Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,015 members, 7,810,809 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" (55081 Views)

Ibrahim Magu Meets Wole Soyinka To Discuss How To Fight Corruption - Photos / Obasanjo Should Let Jonathan Be – Fayose / Probe Jonathan, Be Fair, PDP Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by lincolnj88: 1:35pm On Jul 13, 2013
swezenberg:

You are such a nitwit. What solutiion is your mother PEJ and father GEJ to this nation. Their ascent to power has brought us the highest mortality rate ever witnessed under any civilian rule with their dull decisions. Can u in your highest reasoning reason like the great grandson of the Nobel Laureatte. When people with intelligent accumen are talking just pick a paper and jot down their points
u knw u are fool, d killing of civilians foundation was laid by d yoruba obj led foundation put dat in ur dull head, and uptill now u dont have dat in ur jotter idoit like u......if u are nothing compare to d grandson of wole soyinka pls dont think everybody are....
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by Nichobabe(m): 1:35pm On Jul 13, 2013
juman: Both the husband and wife are illiterate.

The prayer na make you no marry the woman wen pass you.
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by akereconfi: 1:35pm On Jul 13, 2013
fes2ga: Being a Noble Laurette is better than a Nigerian president.

fooooooooooool nai u B. Stupendous Ignoramus
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by akereconfi: 1:44pm On Jul 13, 2013
juman: Both the husband and wife are illiterate.

Please learn how to construct your Sentence well before you call Some one Illiterate.
You just displayed show of shame publicly.
What happened to the "S" @ the end of Illiterate..? Or you forgot you were addressing two persons. Common singular and plural..... You are a product of a failed education system. Am scared you ate your fees, that's only if ou attended one. Ignoramus

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by juman(m): 1:46pm On Jul 13, 2013
Nichobabe:

The prayer na make you no marry the woman wen pass you.

We call that kind of woman in my area in nigeria "mrs ESOBE". grin

Life is vanity.
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by kaposky(f): 1:49pm On Jul 13, 2013
Leaders, lead us well and show one love

1 Like

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by JOYCEOUS(f): 1:49pm On Jul 13, 2013
Blessmira: If baba Soyinka doen't kno wat 2
do, let him dress his bed n sleep. Wetin concern Agbero 4 overload?
Wats his biz wt dt? Amechi na him broda? GEJ n his brother ar RUNNIN TINZ n he is there insultin himself.
Mcheeeew!

Dress his bed n sleep.
Hehehe!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by Okukk(m): 1:52pm On Jul 13, 2013
[quot :-Xe author=My_Time]The Prof is fearless and self principled. He says it the way it comes to his mind unbiased. He just wants PEJ's excesses checked thats all.[/quote]

And the best way to do that was to call an international press briefing?
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by Okukk(m): 1:57pm On Jul 13, 2013
akereconfi:

Please learn how to construct your Sentence well before you call Some one Illiterate.
You just displayed show of shame publicly.
What happened to the "S" @ the end of Illiterate..? Or you forgot you were addressing two persons. Common singular and plural..... You are a product of a failed education system. Am scared you ate your fees, that's only if ou attended one. Ignoramus

And you the "english prof" how come you "s" in "sentence" is in cap? I too know dey worry you....
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by PStacks(m): 1:57pm On Jul 13, 2013
God pless Fropessor. Allaha Seriki Fropessor..

Just an Hausa man's way of saying.

God Bless Professor! Allaha Serikin Professor.

You must be a Lady First before you be the First Lady.. (Whaoooo, Awesome)
Applaud Him...

Not Even Lil'wayne and Drizzy and Jay-z and Rick-ross can ever come up with such crucial Rhymes...

A Well deserved and Merited Professor..

Not the PDP people that get their own certificate from Toronto..

1 Like

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by walley112: 2:02pm On Jul 13, 2013
Youngzedd: Space reserved.
me too
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by BCJAY(f): 2:02pm On Jul 13, 2013
May God help us. If Patience is impatient the professor should at least behave as a learned elder and keep watching. When a child is cutting a tree its the elders that knows where it will fall, lets keep our fingers crossed and watch the "SHOW OF SHAME OF PEG WHILE IT LASTED"
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by walley112: 2:09pm On Jul 13, 2013
Okukk:

And you the "english prof" how come you "s" in "sentence" is in cap? I too know dey worry you....
both of u make me laugh, bad english, reminds me of my youth corp days in lokoja

1 Like

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by lincolnj88: 2:20pm On Jul 13, 2013
Let me summarize plz...1. Before u talk about ones wife, u ask urself where is mine? 2. Gej is d president and he has his pej beside him and both are fully established and well recognised. 3. Dis country situation cant be commented on by 3 times divorcee 4. Founder of cultism correcting d first lady, y didnt he corrected d erroneous practices of d cult he formed 5. By insulting d first lady, is he respecting d president. 6. Pls tell him ASUU are on strike he should profer solution with his vast knowledge. 5. Where was he wen a gov rotimi was pouring direct insult on d presidency 6. Is he telling us pej took d whole mobile police as her guards in river state 7.assessing d performance of odili and rotimi was d crime dat pej commited 8. Anichebe is far beta dan him...THINGS FALL APART

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by walley112: 2:21pm On Jul 13, 2013
BCJAY: May God help us. If Patience is impatient the professor should at least behave as a learned elder and keep watching. When a child is cutting a tree its the elders that knows where it will fall, lets keep our fingers crossed and watch the "SHOW OF SHAME OF PEG WHILE IT LASTED"
sorry i dnt get u, if an elder like WS keep quiet to what is happening in the country, that is when its shameful,,,it is very sad that we always politizise every comment or opinion of someone concerning the state of the nation,,,hmnn, if its not APC it has to be PDP, still waiting for that day we will be objective, maybe when the coming generation realized these old folks are just playing with our future, i wont be surprise to see GEJ and his wife with amaechi wining and dining future after wasting people's lives, God help the coming generation

1 Like

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by talk2s(m): 2:23pm On Jul 13, 2013
Mek I hear word!
Most of U on this forum are busy comparing Pat.Jonathan with Wole Soyinka, and passing your biased verdict that one is superior to the other. Who is the inferior human between them? For all of you who are in this category, which human being on earth possesses the monopoly of knowledge and wisdom?
For your information, all forms and levels of knowledge, or its acquisition are relative.
Besides, who told you that educational attainment is the best, or the only yardstick for assessment of homo serpiens in relations to their successes, achievements or well-livings?
If Wole Soyinka was that high and mighty, why did he condescend so low to bandy words with a 'common' First Lady? If he had a thing so opine that could help Pat.Jonathan to adjust in behaviour or political stands, couldn't he have written to the Woman other than do so via a Press Conference?
Many are asking today the offence of Ameachi, as if we've forgotten so soon that this same 'APC-Ameachi' threw caution, regard and respect to the wind and used different public foras to criticise and codemn certain of GEJ's policies, as though he couldn't do that in camera.
When you have a 'perceived' ill feeling over your father's or elder brother's action, don't say so at home, wait untill members of the public are gathered before you confront him. HE WILL QUITE APPLAUDE YOU!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by walley112: 2:34pm On Jul 13, 2013
lincolnj88: Let me summarize plz...1. Before u talk about ones wife, u ask urself where is mine? 2. Gej is d president and he has his pej beside him and both are fully established and well recognised. 3. Dis country situation cant be commented on by 3 times divorcee 4. Founder of cultism correcting d first lady, y didnt he corrected d erroneous practices of d cult he formed 5. By insulting d first lady, is he respecting d president. 6. Pls tell him ASUU are on strike he should profer solution with his vast knowledge. 5. Where was he wen a gov rotimi was pouring direct insult on d presidency 6. Is he telling us pej took d whole mobile police as her guards in river state 7.assessing d performance of odili and rotimi was d crime dat pej commited 8. Anichebe is far beta dan him...THINGS FALL APART
prophet of baal in action, how objective do you want WS to be?, u guys like to derail from the topic to defend GEJ and that Pig, atleast in your heart try to speak the truth. let me tell u, i was once offered money like you by some agents to pick on any topic that is against this administration, i rejected it because its all about conscience. i knw u have one , pls search it. may God help the coming generation.
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by readonenaire(m): 2:44pm On Jul 13, 2013
ekolina: u fool, is obama n madela literary icon?? Even chiamada adichie has dne far beta dan wole
okay... You are just a baboon for saying this.... Nairalanders this ape needs a brain surgery, transplant or anything; help please! Moronic, wayward degenerated dreg ,acute slowpoke... Hahan... Ngozi & soyinka??!!!!! Haaaa!

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by DerideGull(m): 2:46pm On Jul 13, 2013
It will be an unimaginable shame on Wole Soyinka if had remotely insinuate the crap of “be a lady before being a first lady” as accredited to him. I do not know if Wole Soyinka is an expert on lady talk less the arbiter on who qualifies as a lady. Besides, I am sure the esteemed professor knows the damnable consequences of talking about someone’s wife in a social stratum of lady-like when such castigator does or may not have a wife.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by dasparrow: 2:50pm On Jul 13, 2013
Gabbysky: I don't get this, why are the people from a certain tribe/region always against the Jonathans?
What has this family done wrong to you guys? Even a whole Professor in the person of Soyinka!
The longer you stay in this politics Sir, the faster you lose your respect. Or, if you are interested in any position then come out and contest like every other able man in politics.
Where are you proof that the Jonathans are responsible for the crisis in Rivers state (I asked for a proof not sentiments please)
Where was Soyinka when Lagos state was shut down because someone's mother died? Oh! maybe I do not have the knowledge that she was once a 'First Lady', of which Nation please?
If these guys can't be objective with their reason ability in criticisms, then they should just keep their cool abeg!
Well, why am I even wasting my time here when I know he wont see this note, but if it pains anyone that PEJ is Nigeria's current First Lady, then go to Abuja and de-throne her husband rather than all this character slander. How I wish someone could just sue these guys for libel, first it was Lai, then Bakare, to Falana and now Soyinka.

Kill yourselves all you want, GEJ remains on the throne till 2019.

God Bless Nigeria!

@Bolded

That is not for you to say. It all boils down to whom Nigerians vote for.
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by texaco1: 2:50pm On Jul 13, 2013
ba7man: I refuse to give you examples b'cos I'm baffled by your inability to admit what you already know.
What I know is that there have been cooked up stories by all sorts of people to discredit mr president and the first lady,if u have no concrete proof then all the insults on the first lady is absolutely uncalled for.
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by SELFWORTH: 2:54pm On Jul 13, 2013
texaco1:
What I know is that there have been cooked up stories by all sorts of people to discredit mr president and the first lady,if u have no concrete proof then all the insults on the first lady is absolutely uncalled for.

Don't mind them.

Some people are even reigning curses on her. How can you curse those that God has blessed? God put them in that position so everyone against them is against God.

None of the people on here have seen concrete evidence yet they have already passed judgement. It's not a wonder then why Nigeria remains in ruins. These are the so called 'leaders' of tomorrow. It's frightening to read some of these comments. There is no hope for Nigeria judging from the ignorance demonstrated on this thread.
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by dasparrow: 2:55pm On Jul 13, 2013
sarutobie:
Not talking about WS in particular but lemme ask you this,will you heed an advice on how to deal with your wife from a person who has had 3 divorces? Be honest.

Frankly speaking, I will not heed an advice on how to deal with my wife from any Nigerian-bred man. Period. Even those of you who are not divorced treat your wives like crap and cheat on them with reckless abandonment. Besides, the average Nigerian-bred male is a born chauvinist and most of you ought to remain single.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by obinoral(m): 3:03pm On Jul 13, 2013
eldoradoxx: I would choose to be president for a week than Noble Lauret for a life time !!!
after that what next?
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by SELFWORTH: 3:03pm On Jul 13, 2013
dasparrow:

Frankly speaking, I will not heed an advice on how to deal with my wife from any Nigerian-bred man. Period. Even those of you who are not divorced treat your wives like crap and cheat on them with reckless abandonment. Besides, the average Nigerian-bred male is a born chauvinist and most of you ought to remain single.

Simple wisdom.
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by readonenaire(m): 3:03pm On Jul 13, 2013
Ozedy: is english her mother tongue, a language borrowed from England is what u are bostful of. my God slavery mentality.
funny! So this is a justification, okay I go with you "slavery" regardless that its yur mendula that is enslaved ... Why couldn't she just speak ikwerre or whatever her dialect is, then someone should translate, so we would have known that she can't, instead of embarrassing her family

1 Like

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by kushe: 3:13pm On Jul 13, 2013
@akereconfi

U harsh ooo,but I seriously query your mastery of the English language. U dey try but inno reashh.there is absolutely nothing wrong with that statement,go back to school before u judge.
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by sylve11: 3:15pm On Jul 13, 2013
ujchief: Like I said earlier; we were much more at peace when this woman was in a coma; until someone pulled a Lazarus on us and unleashed the dragon.

Oh God! shocked cheesy cool
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by ravensckar(m): 3:31pm On Jul 13, 2013
eldoradoxx: I would choose to be president for a week than Noble Lauret for a life time !!!
Hope u stil rembr in ur 'myopic' tinkin dt Ernest Shonekan can also be regarded as a president. maybe dts ur aspiration in lyf sha.... slowpoke!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by timjones1(m): 3:36pm On Jul 13, 2013
HHHHHMMMMMMMMM... PROF. WOLE SAID ......BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.................. BE A LADY BEFORE BEING A FIRST LADY. THEN I WAS HOPING FOR MRS PATIENCE SAID .......BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.................... EMBARRASSMENT HAS BECOME SOYINKA WALE PROF. WITH HIS DIET AGAINST US cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy BUT INSTEAD I SAW ...Wife of the President, MRS PATIENCE, ON FRIDAY TOOK ON the Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, for attributing the crisis in the Rivers State House of Assembly to her.

In a statement by her spokesman, Ayo Osinlu, the President’s wife said Soyinka betrayed the moral duty that expected him.. Abi She no want give Us another of Her JUICE? Or She cant express herself anymore?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by whitecat007: 3:38pm On Jul 13, 2013
This is what the very tribe you are insinuating is known for and will continue to do, just as they did when Jonathan you are celebrating today was stuck in Turai'kitchen. These "players" are known for keeping politicians honest and on their toes from military regime to "democracy". If you have problem with it, I suggest you go back to your mother's womb for a new birth cos your brain is expired.

Nigeria! What should be on the table now is regional autonomy, so these vagabonds can govern themselves back to stone age where there won't be any criticism of their leaders.

Gabbysky:
My apology if I sounded a bit tribal, but honestly, this getting too much. It has gotten to that point where if I witness or read of a criticism to whatever the Jonathans do, I first look at the names of the players, and I've not been disappointed.
Even in public discourses.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by ba7man(m): 3:40pm On Jul 13, 2013
texaco1:
We all know the truth in this country but we choose to be blind to it due to sentiment, tribal attachments, political party afilliation etc. The truth will always out-live lies, no matter how it's denied. I stand with Prof Soyinka on this one.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Peter Obi Eating In Bigard Memorial Seminary’s Refectory In 2015. / Police Panel Recommends Demotion For Abba Kyari To Prevent Extradition / Boko Haram Releases Pics Of Abuja Suicide Bombers;takes Responsibility Of Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.