Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,721 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan - Politics (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan (68275 Views)

Obasanjo Is An Embarrassment To The Military - Nigeria Defence HQ / Wole Soyinka Is Better Off As A 'Guinea Fowl' Hunter - Obasanjo / Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Sloan: 12:43pm On Jul 13, 2013
hugafella: Wole Soyinka f**Ked up in this one. He has recently been talking too much. Let's be honest about it.

Making such open comments cannot make him look respectable. He needs to talk less and be more diplomatic in finding solutions.

He is a prof of Letters and not words.

You must be a little baby, or less for even babies have more functional sense than you displayed in your post. What is talking too much? When illegalities are being encouraged by your retarde.d president and his fat, hippo wife, losers like you would rather keep quiet. This is why your fathers and grandfathers were a generation of slaves and you are in prime position to be considered a slave in an era of freedom. To me and sensible Nigerians home and abroad, Professor Soyinka continues to garner respect like he has ever done since his sojourn on this planet. To you losers, "being diplomatic" is all about telling lies to yourself but no one including the Professor is buying your horse-shaite! You are a despicable cretin, your ilk pollute that space called Nigeria and when shaite goes down in that country, may you and all supporters of evil be not only in comma but completely deleted to ease the pollution of this planet!

7 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by kbdrim(m): 12:43pm On Jul 13, 2013
My question is does Madam PEJ even understand what has been written on her behalf..end of discussion grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by hardeyincah(m): 12:44pm On Jul 13, 2013
Pygru:
100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 [size=38pt]likes[/size]

100 likes?
everyone just want a share of the National Cake....
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Kachi188(m): 12:49pm On Jul 13, 2013
I dnt undastand some of dis comments, r u guys saying dat PEJ doesn't hv a right to reply a direct attack on her person by Prof W.S, jst because he is a prof, and nobel laurette? What ws he trying to achieve by calling women 'mere domestic appendages'?
Respect is two sided. No matter hw much respect u hv 4 a person, there comes a time when u must draw a line. I think Prof shud hv bin a little more diplomatic, acts like this make him lose the respect he has built up ova d years.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by DIVINE78: 12:51pm On Jul 13, 2013
kbdrim: My question is does Madam PEJ even understand what has been written on her behalf..end of discussion grin grin grin
The short answer is NO.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Pvin: 12:56pm On Jul 13, 2013
Mehn, am seriously thinking of what to comment on this issue to get the most like.
Well let d argument continue cos am a kind of enjoin it

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by maasoap(m): 1:00pm On Jul 13, 2013
People in ASO rock are losing it and I'm loving it. I just want them to go ahead and declare Jona as the PDP presidential candidate for 2015 election.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by KDULAR: 1:00pm On Jul 13, 2013
Nigerians just try to endure this allergen for the next 6 years,so many things will have gone from bad to worse if not to the worst. I however know us all as long as we can still perceive the possibility to steal some money, cheat the system or get cheap favors/patronage from the temporal ruling high and mighty then no need to complain; in fact PEJ and the office is just the best thing we need in this country even more than the office of the president. Like I said after six years, the Excellencies will cease to be excellent and those who achieved by their real sweat will endure. To the cronies (horses that does not know how to refuse being ridden to the war front) after six years or there about, we'll all be together. Patience as in the word and not the name is indeed a virtue.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 13, 2013
DerideGull: I am deeply disappointed that Wole Soyinka has turned himself into a political pestilence by making political pronouncements without weighing them on the political balance of maturity. Where was Wole Soyinka when most of the goofy governors such as Rotimi Amaechi were busy suspending and destroying the bedrock of democracy-Local Government Council?

What the hell were Amaechi and his entourage of thugs doing in the chamber of Rivers State House of Assembly? Has Amaechi assumed the functions of CP in Rivers State? It is very unbecoming Wole Soyinka to have allowed himself to be drawn into Nigerian messy politics by publicly attributing the political crisis in Rivers State to Mrs. Patience Jonathan.

Since a person of humanly repute such as Wole Soyinka has come out publicly to accuse Patience Jonathan as the genesis of the political mess in Rivers State, it is safe to conclude that Patience Jonathan instructed Rotimi Amaechi to disrupt the plenary session in the Rivers State House of Assembly, suspend the elected officials of Obio/Akpo LGA and singlehandedly changed the process of succession in NGF.

Again, Nigeria’s problem lies deeply in tribal bias, insincerity and praise singing.

What do you want him to do? He's an elder statesman and the only person who can/should speak about it. Oh, he was a genius when he critiquing the North, their belief system, and BH(I know I've read more than five articles on Telegraph UK where he said not-too pleasant things about the North). However, now that he's calling a spade a spade and trying to save Nigeria from what happened during the first republic - he's talking too much, no? Yes, he has been in the media too much lately. However, when people keep coming to you to ask for your opinions, or soliciting your voice - as an elderstateman - who do you expect? He won't be here forever and he's getting closer to when he won't be here anymore. So it's only right that he speaks out.

Dede1, you of all people should know what started the truncation of the first republic and, eventually the civil war. Yet you still want to malign the erudite professor for speaking the truth because you can't think beyond your innate tribal logic. The woman is behind everything going on in that state and Prof. Wole Soyinka has every right to call her out. Even if you're oblivious to what transpired in that state in the last few months - the video by the Bipi guy should tell you everything you need to know about who the mastermind of the whole fracas is.

Prof. Wole Soyinka is a Nigerian(a passionate, detribalised and patriotic one) and he has every right in the world to speak out before the fire in Rivers state consumes the whole country. If someone had spoken out during the first republic and called Ahmadu Bello, Zik, and Akintola, to order. Perhaps, the first republic would have survived and the civil war wouldn't have happened.

Anyway, most Nigerians are book readers and not critical thinkers.

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by FolaAribilola: 1:05pm On Jul 13, 2013
Most of those dat comments on d above topic are too small to talk, infact d NL blog is becoming something else. How old are these NLanders talking any how to d Prof. , let me take d NL to memory lane do u know who is Prof. Wole Soyinka was in d '70s even during d military era of Gowon/ Muritala/ Obasanjo, how old was president GEJ n His wife then. For PDJ and her ants called PRO to talk to an elder state man of Prof. Soyinka, one who only talk on national issues in a critical moments. Enough is enough, pride comes before downfall Mr. President shld call his wife to order and all his praise singers otherwise God forbid let what befall Arab world not begin wt our dear country Nigeria between now and 2015. Africans have decorum and whosoever goes against it there is always a punishment for them. Even if elders are wrong its not proper for d younger ones to be abusive, civilisation/education doesn't erode african customs. So pls d Nairalanders shld thread wt caution. Have taking time to check d average age of most NLs they are 26.5yrs and so none in my own opinion av d political knowledge of ds country, hence let's be very careful d manner at which we express our opinions on blogs.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Sweetlemon(f): 1:06pm On Jul 13, 2013
Shakslayer:
Haven listened to arguments and counter arguments from counsel and representatives from both parties to the case on ground, I hereby give my verdict.

That #teamPEJ has not been able to convince Nigerians, both at home and in diaspora on the validity of their case.

That #teamPEJ has failed woefully in its obvious attempt to malign the person of Prof Wole Soyinka.

That the paid 40 laptops from Abuja have only succeeded in portraying the present generation of Nigerian youths as a morally pervert people whose reawakening bogus puritanism is as grotesque and as absurd as its pretentious eremitic insensitivity.

That #teamWoleSoyinka, haven exposed the greed and ignorance that is characteristic of #teamPEJ, has not only succeeded in opening our collective eyes to the truth, but also, pointed a way out of this shambles.

I have therefore come to this conclusion. That PEJ is guilty of gross misconduct in her verbal attack on the person of Prof WS. And therefore sentenced to a 25 year intensive English language course at a reputable university abroad.

The 40 paid laptops are to have their laptops seized and Internet disconnected for 5 years, as well as tender an unreserved apology to WS on his 79th birthday.
The court shall rise!
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 13, 2013
collynzo2: Answer my question you pillock! Stop dribbling around.

You can't use my vocabs against me and expect me to take you seriously. undecided

I reiterate: only discerning and higher minds can discern the post that you quoted - hiiipower!! undecided

Shouting: I am a sinner who's probably gonna sin again/ Lord forgive me, Lord forgive me for things I they don't understand/ Sometimes I need to be alone/ bi.tch don't kill my vibe, bi.tch don't kill my vibe.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by ideylaff: 1:11pm On Jul 13, 2013
President is different form President oooo see ur short sightedness bn exposed by your post....

What does Soyinka need from GEJ.... nothing... na una wey dey chase Oil well get problem

Soyinka is not backing Amaechi directly in anyway.... he just told it how it is....

How can a Governor bn barred from moving in his own state. simple....

Hes not taking sides... just a matter of basic rules need to be followed.

The Office of the 1st lady is an aberation of the highest order.... no place for it in the crooked constitution we run....if u ask me.... but people are so blind, myopic and hungry for the crumbs Patience Jonathan feed them to say the real truth

Now is there time... we agreee but remember Jonathan was just an ordinary local goverment chairman a few years ago and Soyinka was one of the people that had balls 2 confront Yar Aduas crronies when there were about to stop Jonathan form taking over as President.

Did Soyinka ask him for anything then. NO.....

Lest think deep b4 we speak......please

Whatever fire thay are putting us as Nigerians thru right now, will be asked over ther kids later in life, if not now, later GOD never sleeps....

The sins of thy fathers could be asked over the kids....

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Sweetlemon(f): 1:13pm On Jul 13, 2013
Honestly, I have not always agreed with Wole Soyinka, but in this case, I am in full support.
PEJ knows too much about Rivers politics. She says more than she should say on issues as a first lady and my dears, if you know people that knows what happens in Abuja, you will so hate that woman ehn!
I have never seen a more greedy woman in my life! In fact, she's actually the corrupt one among the Jonathans.
May God help us!

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by ThankGodEdeh(m): 1:15pm On Jul 13, 2013
i pity this woman and her husband.
Mtchdw...... Na u me pity....
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by 9jaIhail(m): 1:21pm On Jul 13, 2013
In as much as i respect Prof. Soyinka, i do not agree with him insulting a married woman in public talk less of a wife of his president... Let me put tribe/ethnicity aside and call a spade a spade. I can assure anyone who cares to listen that, no sane married man on his right senses will support such careless statement credited to Prof.... An educated and activist like Prof whom many Nigerians look up to as their role model should be mindful of what proceed out his mouth.

As for those of you justifying the statement credited to prof...... I have the feeling that 85% of you are opposition followers the remaining 15% are Misguided yorubas who has been blindfolded with tribalism.....My prayer to y'all is, may your fellow men insult your wives all the rest of your lives.

Sometimes when i read Nairaland i asked myself how manage i shared a country with these set of fools... Is this the supposed leaders of tomorrow Nigeria can brag of?

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Forwetinnah: 1:22pm On Jul 13, 2013
Some people here have their ideas all mixed up....
Some have said if Soyinka stages a protest it can topple GEJs government..in their dreams maybe or in APC states because its very obvious he's their indirect spokesman.....even his bloody seadogs will be dis united, some will support GEJ
Some have said Soyinka introduced Road Safety? Like seriously....is that even a joke? He was choosen to head the corperation by the Govt in power then so he would keep his white bearded face shut!
Some say GEJ is as irresponsible as Soyinka with 3wives for having the mother of his kids by the side, well we all know why GEJ has the mother of his kids..madam Patie couldn't give him None, what's Soyinkas excuse for having 3wives? And he's suppposed to be the highly intelligent and exposed 1 here?
Some have also said madam umblerra had no right to retort to Soyinkas accusation....Yes! When people accuse you falsely, you just sit back and let them rant! Isn't that why most people take their cases to court? Una see Assembly men wey dey fight for their unpaid salaries, una say na Patience cuz she attend one of them wedding! If you and your bros visit your uncle,2mao your bros go break your uncle Head..na you send am? Wouldn't you want people to ask questions as to what happened from the time of your last visit to the time your uncles head got broken?
This is just the same reason why we have a lot of Innocent people in our Prison system..false accusation without proper investigation!!
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by ibrash600: 1:26pm On Jul 13, 2013
kbdrim: My question is does Madam PEJ even understand what has been written on her behalf..end of discussion grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin

Ujchief: Like I said earlier; we were much more at peace when this woman was in a coma; until someone pulled a Lazarus on us and unleashed the dragon.

^^^ bros u wicked oooo grin grin grin
U guys wan kill mama PEJ
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by akpomeme(m): 1:27pm On Jul 13, 2013
PEJ has a right to defend herself. Our people says that if you must eat the food out of the plate of a child, you must behave like one. Soyinka ijaw demonstrated that he is no better than PEJ no matter what our opinion is. Elder statement should learn to make statements befitting of old age otherwise the society will tag you senile and senseless.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 13, 2013
9ja_I_hail: In as much as i respect Prof. Soyinka, i do not agree with him insulting a married woman in public talk less of a wife of his president... Let me put tribe/ethnicity aside and call a spade a spade. I can assure anyone who cares to listen that, no sane married man on his right sense will support such careless statement credited to Prof.... An educated and activist like Pro whom many Nigerians look up to as their role model should be mindful of what proceed out his mouth.

As for those of you justifying the statement credited to prof...... I have the feeling that 85% of you are opposition followers the remaining 15% are Misguided yorubas who has been blindfolded with tribalism.....My prayer to y'all is, may your fellow men insult your wives all the rest of your lives.

Sometimes when i read Nairaland i asked myself how manage i shared a country with these set of fools... Is this the supposed leaders of tomorrow Nigeria can brag of?

Why do you always talk out of your ar.se, for phuck sake?

If she wants to be a "wife" - then she needs behave like one and stop letting her husband's position get into her head. She opened herself up for verbal attacks by turning her position as the president's wife into a political position and all the attacks are JUSTIFIED. Nigeria isn't her husband's house - and she needs to learn how to earn the respect.

You honestly need to stop being primitive, it 2013 for crying out loud. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by mafiffle: 1:28pm On Jul 13, 2013
size38: Are we sure its GEJ's wife that spoke all those grammar? I seriously doubt. I know she hardly make any correct sentence. But that aside, I expect GEJ and his wife to listen to the words of this distinguished prof. Instead of Abusing him. I totally agree that d wife of d president matches exactly what our respected prof described her "As a mere Domestic Appendage". Pro. Soyinka is well lettered and educated more than GEJ and his wife put together no doubt.

If you loved WS, will you advice him to get into a fight with a woman! He should have directed his angst to GEJ. They even showed respect to him by referring to his past achievement, ordinarily she would have responded with more insults on him. So that next time he will learn his lessons.

I am beginning to wander how WS will relate with his wives. How he will react if someone says this about his wife.
" When You Marry An Illiterate Woman as a Wife, You Make silly Decisions Like Jonathan – Wole Soyinka ". I guess he might be suffering from PDS (post divorcee syndrome) been a double divorcee himself.

NB: Soyinka has been married thrice, and divorced twice.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by sunkoye: 1:29pm On Jul 13, 2013
God help these pple That they did shuld nt win next election. They will regret the day they come to spotlight!
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Okukk(m): 1:35pm On Jul 13, 2013
X-factoria:

And that makes him infallible?

Wole Soyinka was wrong to have attributed the fracas to Patience! What investigation did he carry out before rushing to conclusions? IS he of the SSS or Police? Does he live in Rivers State? In academics where WS holds so much authority, you cannot make categorical statements like he did in this case without having carried out an experiment to proof his points beyond doubt. WS's disparaging remarks on Patience belittles his status. Its a shame for a man of his status to be making categorical statements based on hearsays and rumor. He's more exposed to know that.

I refuse to take side with evil and none of us is paid to speak for the other. Rather than come to the open to do this fight a better option should have been adopted. Now, who of this two are saying the truth?
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Godson201333(m): 1:35pm On Jul 13, 2013
Well Wole Soyinka could be right,same thing happened when she visited Lagos,Everywhere has to be blocked just because she wanted to attend a meeting at Ozumba Mbadiwe..

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Akbee(m): 1:35pm On Jul 13, 2013
N the beef goes on..mrs johna isnt a lady yet n mr soyinka a source of reproach n embarrasement to humanity.the two accusers have sum questions to answer with regards to the state of the nation.
Mr soyinka....abeg i no wan land myself for bakyard ohhh...i luv my live
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by badassnigga(m): 1:36pm On Jul 13, 2013
a mere domestic appendage gringringrin

hw I wish she spoke by herself. I av missed her blunders
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Eminentsam(m): 1:37pm On Jul 13, 2013
Martin Elechi jazz on Amaechi is working powerfuly ooh..!
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by glathis(f): 1:40pm On Jul 13, 2013
My_Time:

http://www.punchng.com/news/soyinka-an-embarrassment-patience-jonathan-%e2%80%a2amaechi-behind-rivers-crisis-fg-%e2%80%a2allegation-baseless-governor/

I'm shocked at PEJ's audacity to take a swipe at Soyinka!.... This drama is really getting interesting and embarrasing...

my problem with Nigerians,are whenever they want an accolades of praise they pretends to be the friends of the masses, what is his point and how has it solve the problem now. All he has achieved has always been for his own selfish interest,things that had never brought food on the table of poor men, I can remember baba Awolowo, Abiola,and even Chinua Achebe, this are great men who really deserve their respect. Mr. Wole Soyinka please we need u to start fighting for things that will bring quality education and not political buhahas like this one.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by 9jaIhail(m): 1:40pm On Jul 13, 2013
ShyM-X:

If she wants to be a "wife" - then she needs behave like one and stop letting her husband's position get into her head. She opened herself up for verbal attacks by turning her position as the president's wife into a political position and all the attacks are JUSTIFIED. Nigeria isn't her husband's house - and she needs to learn how to earn the respect.

You honestly need to stop being primitive, it 2013 for crying out loud. undecided

How do i define primitive? If truly your stupid1ty aren't above primitive how can you run up and down justifying a supposed wise prof who should know better that it's a dance of shame to fight dirty in public with a married woman? Hello son, learn this today, when you fight in street with a mad person do not expect your white garment to be unstained... I am done with you... Prof himself can pick one or two points from my first post above. Now i am sure you can see how primitive you are by justifying unjustifiable...

You can Continue your argument with PDP fans as i am neither PDP nor APC. Was Just phucked upstairs when read how prof reducing himself day by day
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by jmaine: 1:41pm On Jul 13, 2013
maasoap: People in ASO rock are losing it and I'm loving it. I just want them to go ahead and declare Jona as the PDP presidential candidate for 2015 election.

That will be your greatest nightmare with Buhari flying the APC flag.

Can't just wait for the one sided rematch . . .
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Okukk(m): 1:44pm On Jul 13, 2013
ShyM-X:

Hey, you are even more "primitive", if I have to borrow your word. Stop insulting people in the public, this is 21st century sir!
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Ovaiegbe(m): 1:46pm On Jul 13, 2013
"A mere domestic appendage". Is this how our Nobel laureate sees married women or women in general?
It appears to me his much learning has made him mad or the man is terribly biased against the first family. But why?

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (25) (Reply)

Ademola Adeleke 'Exam Malpractice' - Police Release 'Evidence' Against Senator / Nnamdi Kanu Shares 50-Year-Old Newspaper About Aburi Agreement (Photo) / Beloved Anieze: Lady Draws Atiku 2019, Atiku Reacts (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.