Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,080 members, 7,811,021 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan - Politics (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan (68204 Views)

Obasanjo Is An Embarrassment To The Military - Nigeria Defence HQ / Wole Soyinka Is Better Off As A 'Guinea Fowl' Hunter - Obasanjo / Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by kaposky(f): 1:47pm On Jul 13, 2013
Leaders should learn how to lead in peace for the sake of their subjects.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by 9jaIhail(m): 1:48pm On Jul 13, 2013
Okukk:
Hey, you are even more "primitive", if I have to borrow your word. Stop insulting people in the public, this is 21st century sir!

You have time for that learner?
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by DerideGull(m): 1:49pm On Jul 13, 2013
ShyM-X:

What do you want him to do? He's an elder statesman and the only person who can/should speak about it. Oh, he was a genius when he critiquing the North, their belief system, and BH(I know I've read more than five articles on Telegraph UK where he said not-too pleasant things about the North). However, now that he's calling a spade a spade and trying to save Nigeria from what happened during the first republic - he's talking too much, no? Yes, he has been in the media too much lately. However, when people keep coming to you to ask for your opinions, or soliciting your voice - as an elderstateman - who do you expect? He won't be here forever and he's getting closer to when he won't be here anymore. So it's only right that he speaks out.

Dede1, you of all people should know what started the truncation of the first republic and, eventually the civil war. Yet you still want to malign the erudite professor for speaking the truth because you can't think beyond your innate tribal logic. The woman is behind everything going on in that state and Prof. Wole Soyinka has every right to call her out. Even if you're oblivious to what transpired in that state in the last few months - the video by the Bipi guy should tell you everything you need to know about who the mastermind of the whole fracas is.

Prof. Wole Soyinka is a Nigerian(a passionate, detribalised and patriotic one) and he has every right in the world to speak out before the fire in Rivers state consumes the whole country. If someone had spoken out during the first republic and called Ahmadu Bello, Zik, and Akintola, to order. Perhaps, the first republic would have survived and the civil war wouldn't have happened.

Anyway, most Nigerians are book readers and not critical thinkers.

Shymaxxx,

My post never remotely sought to impugn the character of Wole Soyinka or contain iota of malignant on the erudition of the professor. Wole Soyinka is a well-informed elderly person and knows well enough that one-sided stack of weights on a boat can easily lead to capsize. What good does it do Nigeria when a caliber of Wole Soyinka woefully failed to convince multitude of ill-informed Nigerians that there are two sides to a coin? It is even worst that a reputable character such as Wole Soyinka has gone public with a political theme based on presumptuous machinations. Wole Soyinka can not attest to the fact he has been in a meeting with Patience Jonathan where she hatched the plan to create political crisis in Rivers State. If Patience Jonathan is hailed from a state other Rivers State, would Wole Soyinka accuse her of the genesis of political chaos in the state?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Kassidy90(m): 1:50pm On Jul 13, 2013
Una sure say na PEJ speak all those grammar abi she hire person speak am?
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by kolado(m): 1:53pm On Jul 13, 2013
X-factoria:

And that makes him infallible?

Wole Soyinka was wrong to have attributed the fracas to Patience! What investigation did he carry out before rushing to conclusions? IS he of the SSS or Police? Does he live in Rivers State? In academics where WS holds so much authority, you cannot make categorical statements like he did in this case without having carried out an experiment to proof his points beyond doubt. WS's disparaging remarks on Patience belittles his status. Its a shame for a man of his status to be making categorical statements based on hearsays and rumor. He's more exposed to know that.
Must he carry out any investigation before he knows?Every right-thinking nigerian knows PEJ was behind the fracas in River state.If you don't have anything to say you had better keep quiet.what a pity!Our youths that ought to be the mouthpiece are the sycophantic nincompoops blabbing trash around.Sense of responsibility is just too shallow.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Myself2(m): 1:54pm On Jul 13, 2013
First of,
@ OP is very dubious with the thread title as no where in the report was Soyinka as a person referred to as an embarrassment, but his one-sided biased assessment of the Saga
Secondly Wole Soyinka over-stepped his bounds by calling PEJ unlady-like over the Rivers assembly brouhaha,when she was neither there on that day nor indeed a member of the house.
IMO the response by PEJ's aide is too subtle,to me,an old man that refuses to behave and talk wisely must be told in stronger terms that he is out of line.
If he thinks he has the right to air his view,let him at least be objective and fair,not abusive,in the same vein PEJ is entitled to defend herself and set the records straight.
Infact I applaud her for issuing a response to Soyinka that is copiously civil.

Soyinka should learn that nobody has the monopoly of a caustic tongue,this was how he tried to mess with that Warri boy Festus Keyamo,true to type,Keyamo would not have any of Soyinka's nonsense and promptly advised him to concentrate on writing twinkle twinkle little star poems rather than dabble into terrains he is ignorant about,I think he has forgotten that advice,someone needs to remind him ASAP

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jul 13, 2013
9ja_I_hail:
How do i define primitive? If truly your stupid1ty aren't above primitive how can you run up and down justifying a supposed wise prof who should know better that it's a dance of shame to fight dirty in public with a married woman? Hello son, learn this today, when you fight in street with a mad person do not expect your white garment to be unstained... I am done with you... Prof himself can pick one or two points from my first post above. Now i am sure you can see how primitive you are by justifying unjustifiable...

You can Continue your argument with PDP fans as i am neither PDP nor APC. Was Just phucked upstairs when read how prof reducing himself day by day

However, did he address her by virtue of her position as being someone's housewife, or because she's the hand behind the crisis in Rivers state? Once she took off the garment of being someone's housewife into a wider role that involves 160 million people - then she opened herself up for attacks from every single one of those 160 million people.

I know you're old enough to remember how the first republic was truncated. And you should know it started with something similar to this in the Western House of Assembly. Awolowo(AG) vs. Akintola + Ahmadu Bello + Zik. We all know how that ended with the civil war and how more than 3 million people died. However, someone is speaking out so as to avoid the same thing, yet you want to critique him? SMFDH.

Anyway, When the shit hits the fan, your region might end up bearing the brunt again. Tribal logic don't pay, be a critical thinker. undecided
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by tomakint: 1:56pm On Jul 13, 2013
Fola Aribilola: Most of those dat comments on d above topic are too small to talk, infact d NL blog is becoming something else. How old are these NLanders talking any how to d Prof. , let me take d NL to memory lane do u know who is Prof. Wole Soyinka was in d '70s even during d military era of Gowon/ Muritala/ Obasanjo, how old was president GEJ n His wife then. For PDJ and her ants called PRO to talk to an elder state man of Prof. Soyinka, one who only talk on national issues in a critical moments. Enough is enough, pride comes before downfall Mr. President shld call his wife to order and all his praise singers otherwise God forbid let what befall Arab world not begin wt our dear country Nigeria between now and 2015. Africans have decorum and whosoever goes against it there is always a punishment for them. Even if elders are wrong its not proper for d younger ones to be abusive, civilisation/education doesn't erode african customs. So pls d Nairalanders shld thread wt caution. Have taking time to check d average age of most NLs they are 26.5yrs and so none in my own opinion av d political knowledge of ds country, hence let's be very careful d manner at which we express our opinions on blogs.
Pocket your advice for yourself! In as much as I don't approve of Patience Jonathan's outburst against the Nobel Laureate, I am of the strong opinion that Prof. Wole Soyinka should have done a thorough investigation before lambasting Patience and by the way, why has he not said anything yet against the politics of bitterness Amaechi is playing in Rivers? While at it, are you aware that Amaechi is already cavorting with APC while still in PDP? I hope you know what that means? Prof Wole Soyinka as much as I still respect him should stay out of this if his comments is going to be one-sided cool
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 13, 2013
Okukk:
Hey, you are even more "primitive", if I have to borrow your word. Stop insulting people in the public, this is 21st century sir!

Scram!!

Primitive people don't understand decency and civility - you've to scream at them. And that's the 21st century way of dealing with them. undecided
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 13, 2013
DerideGull:
Shymaxxx,

My post never remotely sought to impugn the character of Wole Soyinka or contain iota of malignant on the erudition of the professor. Wole Soyinka is a well-informed elderly person and knows well enough that one-sided stack of weights on a boat can easily lead to capsize. What good does it do Nigeria when a caliber of Wole Soyinka woefully failed to convince multitude of ill-informed Nigerians that there are two sides to a coin? It is even worst that such reputable character such as Wole Soyinka has gone public with a political theme based on presumptuous machinations. Wole Soyinka can not attest to the fact he has been in a meeting with Patience Jonathan where she hatched the plan to create political crisis in Rivers State. If Patience Jonathan is hailed from a state other Rivers State, would Wole Soyinka accuse her of the genesis of political chaos in the state?

The crux of the matter is that she's the hand behind everything. And what's shocking is that she wasn't elected by Nigerians, so how come she has that much power?

Also, in this case, there's only one-side to the coin - the other side has been on the defensive throughout. And it's only right to call the offensive side to order before it consumes everyone, especially when the mastermind of the offense arrogated herself more powers than she ought to have.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Myself2(m): 2:06pm On Jul 13, 2013
kolado: Must he carry out any investigation before he knows?Every right-thinking nigerian knows PEJ is behind the fracas in River state.If you don't have anything to say you had better keep quiet.what a pity!Our youths that ought to be the mouthpiece are the sycophantic nincompoops blabbing trash around.Sense of responsibility is just too shallow.

You are the irresponsible sycophant here.So because Wole Soyinka has bushy beards,he is free to pass reckless,biased and irresponsible judgements in matters he knows next to nothing about?
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by sunny63(m): 2:11pm On Jul 13, 2013
tokunboh: I'm shocked at PEJ's audacity to take a swipe at Soyinka!.... This drama is really getting interesting and embarrasing...

Is Wole Soyinka God? He has betrayed the confidence most of us had in him. Sometimes we have to put respected people in their place when they cross the boundary of decorum and respect. Wole Soyinka should zip it! He needs proper dosage of flagil for his running mouth!!
10k u 4 dt statement,may u live long

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by sunny63(m): 2:17pm On Jul 13, 2013
Linoversace: Hippopo dun come again,why is she speaking through her spokesman?
why should she say anything at all?
she should consider herself as the embarrassment to the nation!
u r goat,u r embarrassment 2 ur parents
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by kliq(m): 2:18pm On Jul 13, 2013
ShyM-X:

Why do you always talk out of your ar.se, for phuck sake?

If she wants to be a "wife" - then she needs behave like one and stop letting her husband's position get into her head. She opened herself up for verbal attacks by turning her position as the president's wife into a political position and all the attacks are JUSTIFIED. Nigeria isn't her husband's house - and she needs to learn how to earn the respect.

You honestly need to stop being primitive, it 2013 for crying out loud. undecided
True dat....loyalty n respect is earned n not given....furthermore I wonder hw a man who can't even put his wife on check intend to rule a whole country effectively...it is well
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 13, 2013
Joan's a$$ would be on fire if Nigerians were Egyptians. Even Maryam Abacha did perfectly well as ruthless as the husband was. PEJ needs a chill pill

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by 9jaIhail(m): 2:24pm On Jul 13, 2013
ShyM-X:

However, did he address her by virtue of her position as being someone's housewife, or because she's the hand behind the crisis in Rivers state? Once she took off the garment of being someone's housewife into a wider role that involves 160 million people - then she opened herself up for attacks from every single one of those 160 million people.

I know you're old enough to remember how the first republic was truncated. And you should know it started with something similar to this in the Western House of Assembly. Awolowo(AG) vs. Akintola + Ahmadu Bello + Zik. We all know how that ended with the civil war and how more than 3 million people died. However, someone is speaking out so as to avoid the same thing, yet you want to critique him? SMFDH.

Anyway, When the shit hits the fan, your region might end up bearing the brunt again. Tribal logic don't pay, be a critical thinker. undecided

This kid still not getting it.. I decided not to pay you more attention but you are tempting me with your fabricated junk histories which is NO NO NO NO... Akintola and Awolowo has nothing absolutely nothing to do with this.. The case of those men you mentioned to justify Prof Soyinka reckless public fight of shame with a married woman is a different case and different scenario. Was Patience Jonathan a member of rivers house of assembly, was she present where the said fracas took place?

Listen son, you have lived in UK almost if not all the rest of your life. Can you point out where or when a prominent person in Wole sonyika figure organized a conference just to dis the Prime minister's wife publicly based on hearsay or assumption without facts? One thing is that GEJ is a kind and a man of tolerance if not wole sonyinka would have many cases to answer.Are you truly sure you know what it means to call GEJ family the first family of the nation. I am not saying we should not criticize them but can we learn how to be constructive and not to use every opportunity to speak in a manner to appear saint before the misguided 160million dump Nigerians.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by DerideGull(m): 2:25pm On Jul 13, 2013
ShyM-X:

The crux of the matter is that she's the hand behind everything. And what's shocking is that she wasn't elected by Nigerians, so how come she has that much power?

Also, in this case, there's only one-side to the coin - the other side has been on the defensive throughout. And it's only right to call the offensive side to order before it consumes everyone, especially when the mastermind of the offense arrogated herself more powers than she ought to have.

If you and Wole Soyinka accuse Patience Jonathan of having the ears of her husband, it is socially, politically and intellectually understandable. However, it is plain silly to politically indict Patience Jonathan on wild and winded contravention.

I guess some of her distracters would have been glad if Patience Jonathan is piled up in one corner of Aso Rock and ordered to remain incommunicado. Nigerians elected Patience Jonathan to the position of first lady by the virtue of electing her husband as President.

In certain countries, mere social transgression of certain spouses can cause their partners a political office.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by talk2s(m): 2:30pm On Jul 13, 2013
Mek I hear word!
Most of U on this forum are busy comparing Pat.Jonathan with Wole Soyinka, and passing your biased verdict that one is superior to the other. Who is the inferior human between them? For all of you who are in this category, which human being on earth possesses the monopoly of knowledge and wisdom?
For your information, all forms and levels of knowledge, or its acquisition are relative.
Besides, who told you that educational attainment is the best, or the only yardstick for assessment of homo serpiens in relations to their successes, achievements or well-livings?
If Wole Soyinka was that high and mighty, why did he condescend so low to bandy words with a 'common' First Lady? If he had a thing to opine that could help Pat.Jonathan to adjust in behaviour or political stands, couldn't he have written to the Woman other than do so via a Press Conference?
Many are asking today the offence of Ameachi, as if we've forgotten so soon that this same 'APC-Ameachi' threw caution, regard and respect to the wind and used different public foras to criticise and codemn certain of GEJ's policies, as though he couldn't do that in camera.
When you have a 'perceived' ill feeling over your father's or elder brother's action, don't say so at home, wait untill members of the public are gathered before you confront him. HE WILL QUITE APPLAUDE YOU!
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 13, 2013
9ja_I_hail:
This kid still not getting it.. I decided not to pay you more attention but you are tempting me with your fabricated junk histories which is NO NO NO NO... Akintola and Awolowo has nothing absolutely nothing to do with this.. The case of those men you mentioned to justify Prof Soyinka reckless public fight of shame with a married woman is a different case and different scenario. Was Patience Jonathan a member of rivers house of assembly, was she present where the said fracas took place?

Listen son, you have lived in UK almost if not all the rest of your life. Can you point out where or when a prominent person in Wole sonyika figure organized a conference just to dis the Prime minister's wife publicly based on hearsay or assumption without facts? One thing is that GEJ is a kind and a man of tolerance if not wole sonyinka would have many cases to answer.Are you truly sure you know what it means to call GEJ family the first family of the nation. I am not saying we should not criticize them but can we learn how to be constructive and not to use every opportunity to speak in a manner to appear saint before the misguided 160million dump Nigerians.

Utter tosh!

You have a big brain in your skull but it seems you're allergic to using. I don't know if you're feigning ignorance or you're just too bigoted to use your cognitive reasoning. If you don't know she's responsible for what's happening in River state, even after what the Bipi guy said on tape - then your brain cells should be exterminated for being absolutely useless.

I'm from the UK and I don't even know what David Cameron's wife looks like. And that's because she's a housewife and she knows her role. However, your fat uneducated slob of a first lady's face is oversaturated. She isn't a housewife, she's a pig that needs to be thoroughly washed in public, that's the honest truth.

History and the endgame shall be the judge. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by khaleesi(f): 2:46pm On Jul 13, 2013
Whether we deny it from now till tomorrow, the truth remains GEJ and his wife had a big role to play in the event that unfolded in Rivers State and I don't see were it became a crime for citizens to air their view on national issues like this one. Prof Wole only said what millions of Nigerians want to say bt don't ve the impact he possess. A govt should be ready to handle criticism calmly..not getting personal and lashing back like noone can talk to them..what I ve to say to Patience is this "stop running your mouth without control, we nigerians re nt fool, we know you re involved.. if u can't take the heat then get out of the Kitchen"

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 13, 2013
DerideGull:
If you and Wole Soyinka accuse Patience Jonathan of having the ears of her husband, it is socially, politically and intellectually understandable. However, it is plain silly to politically indict Patience Jonathan on wild and winded contravention.

I guess some of her distracters would have been glad if Patience Jonathan is piled up in one corner of Aso Rock and ordered to remain incommunicado. Nigerians elected Patience Jonathan to the position of first lady by the virtue of electing her husband as President.

In certain countries, mere social transgression of certain spouses can cause their partners a political office.

"Incommunicado" is the role of a first lady and a good housewife when it comes to political matters she wasn't elected to be part of. She isn't Hilary Clinton(she was a senator) and definitely not the Iron Lady, Lady Thatcher(she was elected as PM).

Anyway, no one elected that woman - and she needs to go hide where the sun don't shine!!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by emmydee(m): 2:48pm On Jul 13, 2013
My able people of Nairaland, we have argued on this topic exhaustively. The informants of Mrs. Jonathan should inform her to come on television to defend her actions & allegations that have cropped up especially on Nairaland. Not hiding under a spokesman or P.A.

Trade officially CLOSED!
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Oduduwaboy(m): 2:51pm On Jul 13, 2013
Its clear the critical mass of impunity and lack of respect for common sense in addressing issues will soon be reached in Nigeria; this will be followed by the long awaited IMPLOSION!

What do these upstarts and shameless apologists of GEJ / PEJ mean by saying that WS has no right to talk to Patience the way he talked about her? Remember, we can not all play the Ostrich & not all of us are boot-lickers.
Meanwhile, some of these paid tribal hegemonists need to improve their English writing before they can ever hope to address Wole Soyinka through any medium ; even the faceless internet turf.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by ssiaccenture(m): 2:51pm On Jul 13, 2013
well, a prof. should be be-careful about being a partisan in present government rather he should advice and stand aloof or shun siding.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by ZACHIE: 2:55pm On Jul 13, 2013
ShyM-X:

Utter tosh!

You have a big brain in your skull but it seems you're allergic to using. I don't know if you're feigning ignorance or you're just too bigoted to use your cognitive reasoning. If you don't know she's responsible for what's happening in River state, even after what the Bipi guy said on tape - then your brain cells should be exterminated for being absolutely useless.

I'm from the UK and I don't even know what David Cameron's wife looks like. And that's because she's a housewife and she knows her role. However, your fat uneducated slob of a first lady's face is oversaturated. She isn't a housewife, she's a pig that needs to be thoroughly washed in public, that's the honest truth.

History and the endgame shall be the judge. undecided
but for his acidic tongue Shymex would easily pass for the most intelligent poster on NL.
I agree with him on this all the way.
anyone who thinks Gej and wife are not involved in the goings on in Rivers State may as well believe the earth is flat.
Pati is involved ib this dangerous trend that could easily spiral out of control. easily.
let men of good conscience speak else evil replicate unabated.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 13, 2013
Oduduwaboy: Its clear the critical mass of impunity and lack of respect for common sense in addressing issues will soon be reached in Nigeria; this will be followed by the long awaited IMPLOSION!

What do these upstarts and shameless apologists of GEJ / PEJ mean by saying that WS has no right to talk to Patience the way he talked about her? Remember, we can not all play the Ostrich & not all of us are boot-lickers.
Meanwhile, some of these paid tribal hegemonists need to improve their English writing before they can ever hope to address Wole Soyinka through any medium ; even the faceless internet turf.

I like your handle, bro.

You lot need to get out of that cesspit. Yoruba's shouldn't be in the same country with most of these people. Make it happen - your handle is the future. wink

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by EkoIle1: 2:57pm On Jul 13, 2013
Poor Nigerians, they follishly voted for and elected Jonathan Oponuchukwu Abdul El Retardeen, but they not only got Jonathan Oponuchukwu Abdul El Retardeen, they got him x 2 with his dumb piece of shit Okrika illiterate wife. Talk about double jeopardy...

smh....

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by DerideGull(m): 2:57pm On Jul 13, 2013
ShyM-X:

"Incommunicado" is the role of a first lady and a good housewife when it comes to political matters she wasn't elected to be part of. She isn't Hilary Clinton(she was a senator) and definitely not the Iron Lady, Lady Thatcher(she was elected as PM).

Anyway, no one elected that woman - and she needs to go hide where the sun don't shine!!

It will be nice to remind you that Hilary Clinton was not elected to any stump of a tree when her husband was President. In addition, Mrs. Thatcher’s husband was politically nobody. It is ridiculous to suggest such lame comparisons. Has Patience Jonathan tended any bill for consideration in NASS?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 13, 2013
9ja_I_hail: In as much as i respect Prof. Soyinka, i do not agree with him insulting a married woman in public talk less of a wife of his president... Let me put tribe/ethnicity aside and call a spade a spade. I can assure anyone who cares to listen that, no sane married man on his right senses will support such careless statement credited to Prof.... An educated and activist like Prof whom many Nigerians look up to as their role model should be mindful of what proceed out his mouth.

As for those of you justifying the statement credited to prof...... I have the feeling that 85% of you are opposition followers the remaining 15% are Misguided yorubas who has been blindfolded with tribalism.....My prayer to y'all is, may your fellow men insult your wives all the rest of your lives.

Sometimes when i read Nairaland i asked myself how manage i shared a country with these set of fools... Is this the supposed leaders of tomorrow Nigeria can brag of?

In what way did Wole Soyinka insult the wife of the President?
Sometimes ago the United States' Congress questioned the source of the money the wife of Barrack Obama used in holidaying in Spain. I believe if you were in the Congress you would have called it racism. Put on your thinking cap.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by ravensckar(m): 3:04pm On Jul 13, 2013
X-factoria:

And that makes him infallible?

Wole Soyinka was wrong to have attributed the fracas to Patience! What investigation did he carry out before rushing to conclusions? IS he of the SSS or Police? Does he live in Rivers State? In academics where WS holds so much authority, you cannot make categorical statements like he did in this case without having carried out an experiment to proof his points beyond doubt. WS's disparaging remarks on Patience belittles his status. Its a shame for a man of his status to be making categorical statements based on hearsays and rumor. He's more exposed to know that.
Mr Man,in ur quest to confuse us,u ended up convincing us of ur shallow reasoning n virile argument. 4 God's sake even a village idiot knows GEJ is trying so hard 2 victimize AMAECHI. read Doyin Okupe's vanguard interview n Kip ur stinking mouth shut .....

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by deb(m): 3:10pm On Jul 13, 2013
olayiwola-aims:
With all this response on prof by fellow NL..I just realise that this country has no where to go than to sink.. Whts d different btw u guyz and PEJ?...and who the hell is PEJ to b talking to a whole Nobel laureate...smh ..

I agree with you 100%
Do some of them even know what it means to become a noble laureate?

This is the only nation where mediocres are celebrated above intellectuals. And the same reason the nation may never grow
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by readonenaire(m): 3:18pm On Jul 13, 2013
Danhumprey: See who is talking! It's kinda like a case of pot calling kettle black. I think Wole Soyinka is right to some extent on this issue. He may have been one of those who canvassed for her husband to be President,but that doesn't mean he should overlook Presidential recklessness and arrogance as displayed by Patience Jonathan.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

Photos Of Governor Ambode And Theresa May In Lagos / Senator James Manager Kneeling For Ibori (Picture) / Nnamdi Kanu Shares 50-Year-Old Newspaper About Aburi Agreement (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.