Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan - Politics (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan (68254 Views)

Obasanjo Is An Embarrassment To The Military - Nigeria Defence HQ / Wole Soyinka Is Better Off As A 'Guinea Fowl' Hunter - Obasanjo / Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 13, 2013
josite: as bad as she is patience Jonathan is,she is a billion times better than Soyinka.u guys should ask Soyinka whether a single primary school pupil is benefitting from him in isara remo where he comes from and where his parents are buried till today.as he said he is indeed a leading member of a wasted generation. How much I detest this man Soyinka. Very much.

Stop talking thrash....you are a disgrace to whoever sired you.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 13, 2013
Garri the 1st:

The bolded actually gives me the justification to call you a stvpid simpleton. Where you in Coma when Prof, Falana, Bakare and others fought to free the Retardeen from Turai's slavery??

Fixed!!

Those words should have been directed to the Ugly and obese illiterate you're defending.

Beautiful Nonsense at best.

Dude your head is full of mud. Even a cow will do better than this..

Should have known you're a "flat-head"..... cheesy cheesy

My brother you dull sha. You shouldn't have dropped out in JSS 2..

grin cheesy grin

Thank God you got the bolded right. Perfect description for the fool.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Am practically rolling on the floor ...Omo you are badt!!!

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by LBT: 6:26pm On Jul 13, 2013
Pygru:
pity yourself undecided
I pity u 2.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by SalC: 6:29pm On Jul 13, 2013
olayiwola-aims:
With all this response on prof by fellow NL..I just realise that this country has no where to go than to sink.. Whts d different btw u guyz and PEJ?...and who the hell is PEJ to b talking to a whole Nobel laureate...smh ..
So him being a nobel laureate should do away with freedom of speech right? Or is PEJ no longer a bonafide citizen of this country?.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Pataki: 6:33pm On Jul 13, 2013
Ishilove:
I am apalled by what I have been reading here. It seems most of them have forgotten that they have mothers.
If that hippopo is your mother, goodluck to you. If the rambuctious behavior of Patience is what you deem as a motherly role, you need help asap.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by userlist(f): 6:36pm On Jul 13, 2013
When this woman and president Jonathan were caged
by a mere former first lady and Yara'dua's ADC, it was this same Soyinka
and like minds that contributed immensely to set these clowns free.
Now they are now biting the finger that fed them.

7 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by funnyx(m): 6:39pm On Jul 13, 2013
userlist: When this woman and president Jonathan were caged
by the mere former first lady and Yara'dua's ADC, it was this same Soyinka

Just like a Yoruba adage which says: oore pe asiwere gbagbe

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by OBAGADAFFI: 6:42pm On Jul 13, 2013
userlist: When this woman and president Jonathan were caged
by the mere former first lady and Yara'dua's ADC, it was this same Soyinka

Nigerians reasons selectively.
Most of the people insulting WS are kids who are influenced by sentiments.

Didn't Fani Kayode attack WS during OBJ tenure.
Were is Fani Kayode today?

6 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by beto2gbaski: 6:43pm On Jul 13, 2013
Come to think of it guys. Do u rily think dat reply could come from our own Patience's lips? Is she capable of such lexical sophistication? Me thinks someone wrote dat down for her.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by userlist(f): 6:43pm On Jul 13, 2013
This is what you get when you vote on sentiment instead of policies
and accomplishments.
Please God, help Nigerians never to vote an illiterates to
run the affairs of our dear country

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 13, 2013
I honestly think this is the reason why those who can help Nigeria don't care about the country. Nigeria is a country where those who deserve respect don't get it, only non-deserving people who stole from them and put them in permanent servitude are respected in that part of the world.

When you live in a place where honourable/upstanding men of great virtue are extinct. A place where criminals run amok. A place where decent people are like a dying breed - then you need to cherish your biggest hero. This is a country that has never produced any outstanding hero of note. Yet it has a massive population. When Wole Soyinka speaks, you lot need to listen. Especially when he's saying the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but truth - without tribal/ethnic bias like his contemporaries.

The fedora hat wearing one needs to rein his illiterate obese pig of a wife in. She's too simplistic and unsophisticated to be a public figure.

7 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by olaheavy1: 6:56pm On Jul 13, 2013
martinbillings: Bad belle de worry all of una. Where was WS when Turai held us hostage, even the then V.president didn't know the whereabout of his boss. WS never made any comment. No matter who you are, professor is only regarded on earth and before God we are all equal. Does he have any right to accuse somebody's wife like he did. What if her children start insulting him for accusing their mom wrongly cos i didn't see any tangible reason he gave that shows PEJ is part of rivers crisis. Doesn't she have any right to visit her state? Well Yorubas must always be yorubas, supporting their own, ROTIMI. SW should atleast accord PEJ some respect as the first lady. She has an office, but Laurent is an award. See how Obama took his wife, and daughters to Africa in airforce one, if it is jonathan, hell will let loose. Ordinary first lady, why should she enter airforce one, why should she go on official tour with the president, retardeen, why should he go with his fat pig wife and useless daughters? Please ndi ofe mmanu, make una let this man be. Amaechi is simply having internal crisis with his party. Even if she is an illitrate, fat, whatever, her husband and children gbadu her like that.

SEUN, I just had to answer these fools here. Please, don't hide this rebuttal.
***************************************************************************************************************************
What I don't understand is how unreasonable these Easterners can be. All of you cretins here should go home and ask your elders how unbiased and highly pragmatic Wole Soyinka is. The same man you're insulting today took the bullets for your useless Biafran cause, and singlehandedly attracted the international awareness to your ignoble secession bid. For those acts of his, Wole Soyinka was jailed for life on treasonable felony offences. He even attended your hated Ojukwu's burial in your landlocked Biafra. Why he cares to honor and respect you Easterners, honestly, I don't know - because, to start with, you buffoons are not worthy of his attention. You animals ought to know that Wole Soyinka is never an ambiguous individual; in the past, when he formed a pressure group and became an albatross on the neck of Abacha to the extent that he was forced to go on exile, you people didn't insult him then. During Obasanjo's regime The Professor did not give him a breathing space, at all. Remember when that illegitimate governor of Osun state, Oyinlola, dedicated a library or some historical books or something to Obasanjo it was the erudite professor who took it upon himself to write a letter to the UNESCO blocking Obasanjo's and Olagunsoye's antics. I remember then how Oyinlola vituperatively descended on Soyinka passing scathing invectives on him. Recently, you all were happy when the professor wrote a stinker against Buhari for his draconian laws/decrees during his reign as military head of state. Wole Soyinka is a social critic of the highest order. Go figure.

7 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by sultanemerald(m): 7:08pm On Jul 13, 2013
olaheavy1: SEUN, I just had to answer these fools here. Please, don't hide this rebuttal. *************************************************************************************************************************** What I don't understand is how unreasonable these Easterners can be. All of you cretins here should go home and ask your elders how unbiased and highly pragmatic Wole Soyinka is. The same man you're insulting today took the bullets for your useless Biafran cause, and singlehandedly attracted the international awareness to your ignoble secession bid. For those acts of his, Wole Soyinka was jailed for life on treasonable felony offences. He even attended your hated Ojukwu's burial in your landlocked Biafra. Why he cares to honor and respect you Easterners, honestly, I don't know - because, to start with, you buffoons are not worthy of his attention. You animals ought to know that Wole Soyinka is never an ambiguous individual; in the past, when he formed a pressure group and became an albatross on the neck of Abacha to the extent that he was forced to go on exile, you people didn't insult him then. During Obasanjo's regime The Professor did not give him a breathing space, at all. Remember when that illegitimate governor of Osun state, Oyinlola, dedicated a library or some historical books or something to Obasanjo it was the erudite professor who took it upon himself to write a letter to the UNESCO blocking Obasanjo's and Olagunsoye's antics. I remember then how Oyinlola vituperatively descended on Soyinka passing scathing invectives on him. Recently, you all were happy when the professor wrote a stinker against Buhari for his draconian laws/decrees during his reign as military head of state. Wole Soyinka is a social critic of the highest order. Go figure.

tribal bants. we are tired of people like you. i thought you were going to remove tribalistic remarks but no. you failed.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by camcor(m): 7:17pm On Jul 13, 2013
funnyx:

Just like a Yoruba adage which says: oore pe asiwere gbagbe

Your proverb say it all.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by eleojoemm(m): 7:34pm On Jul 13, 2013
"Wole Soyinka is the only living civilian to have attempted mutiny in Nigeria against the military. And done at a very young age, in his thirties. Now some jobless dumbos still living with their parents are writing bullshit. A generation of cowards; a wasted generation. With these lot Nigeria has no hope. We should just start grooming those who are less than 2 years."

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by VoodooDoll(m): 7:36pm On Jul 13, 2013
PEJ is a mere domestic appendage to a wasted presidency.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by 1forall: 7:38pm On Jul 13, 2013
eleojoemm: "Wole Soyinka is the only living civilian to have attempted mutiny in Nigeria against the military. And done at a very young age, in his thirties. Now some jobless dumbos still living with their parents are writing bullshit. A generation of cowards; a wasted generation. With these lot Nigeria has no hope. We should just start grooming those who are less than 2 years."

Who said/wrote that please?
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by DerideGull(m): 7:40pm On Jul 13, 2013
olaheavy1:

SEUN, I just had to answer these fools here. Please, don't hide this rebuttal.
***************************************************************************************************************************
What I don't understand is how unreasonable these Easterners can be. All of you cretins here should go home and ask your elders how unbiased and highly pragmatic Wole Soyinka is. The same man you're insulting today took the bullets for your useless Biafran cause, and singlehandedly attracted the international awareness to your ignoble secession bid. For those acts of his, Wole Soyinka was jailed for life on treasonable felony offences. He even attended your hated Ojukwu's burial in your landlocked Biafra. Why he cares to honor and respect you Easterners, honestly, I don't know - because, to start with, you buffoons are not worthy of his attention. You animals ought to know that Wole Soyinka is never an ambiguous individual; in the past, when he formed a pressure group and became an albatross on the neck of Abacha to the extent that he was forced to go on exile, you people didn't insult him then. During Obasanjo's regime The Professor did not give him a breathing space, at all. Remember when that illegitimate governor of Osun state, Oyinlola, dedicated a library or some historical books or something to Obasanjo it was the erudite professor who took it upon himself to write a letter to the UNESCO blocking Obasanjo's and Olagunsoye's antics. I remember then how Oyinlola vituperatively descended on Soyinka passing scathing invectives on him. Recently, you all were happy when the professor wrote a stinker against Buhari for his draconian laws/decrees during his reign as military head of state. Wole Soyinka is a social critic of the highest order.

Go figure.

When you get one aspect of your views moronically wrong, you are marked as a loser. Only an irredeemable fool will have arduous pedigree to describe Biafra or the defunct eastern region of Nigeria as being landlocked. By the way, what is freaking wrong being a landlocked country? If esteemed Wole Soyinka did not see the Biafran issue as useless, submitted himself to years of imprisonment because of Biafra yet you spewed the above crap, it shows you are a bigoted nutcase.
Some of us who knew the characteristics that made Wole Soyinka an exemplary being wish to inform him to desist from woman’s business. It is very uncomfortable for us to watch Wole Soyinka in a news media war with a first lady.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by wealth123: 7:46pm On Jul 13, 2013
All those that are supporting PEJ here should bury their heads in shame. Did you watch the video where that HONOURABLE THUG called 'BIPI' referred to PEJ as 'her JESUS ON EARTH'. She is behind all the crisis in River State. Let all her sycophants here on Nairaland repent and deliver themselves from HELL FIRE.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 13, 2013
Attacking the Prof has definitely cost GEJ some votes in the next election. Soyinka has a lot of folks and admirers who would not take this insult to their role model lightly especially on his birthday. GEJ really needs to urgently check his wife's excesses before she causes further dent to his latent 2015 ambitions. She even called Amaechi a "clear underdog" in her reply. Imagine the public show of power... very immature.. IMO

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by davidjudex: 7:52pm On Jul 13, 2013
This must be a nice drama. Allow them to continue, they don bellefull.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Aarenaija: 7:56pm On Jul 13, 2013
I am just sorry for this woman. Must she fight everyone because she is the wife of the president? For only four years? After what next. I just hope she is thinking right.

Make she no use her mouth spoil her husband career, that is if
she never spoil am self.

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by lipstick1(f): 7:57pm On Jul 13, 2013
Abeg,na who una say help PEJ write this reply,d person try o.Hmmmmmmm,if to say she sabi talk she for come write am herself,una for hear grammar tire.This woman is disgusting,on dis matter,my friend in the ofc,will always exclaim " Na wa o,see pple wey tell us say dem no get shoe,we manage give them shoe,now we no see shoe wear again cos dem don take all the shoes".Abeg GEJ warn ur wife o.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Ishilove: 8:17pm On Jul 13, 2013
Pataki:
If that hippopo is your mother, goodluck to you. If the rambuctious behavior of Patience is what you deem as a motherly role, you need help asap.
A lot of uncouth fellows on NL. Sdmh
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by CHYMAJA(f): 8:19pm On Jul 13, 2013
PEJ is rascal by mere looking. She is a foolish talkertive. A disgrace to the entire womanhood.MUMU!!!!!!!!!
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by pukena(m): 8:21pm On Jul 13, 2013
Hmm...see sweet grammar by PEJ...hahahaha...I no sure say na she talk am joor...
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Jongrac: 8:24pm On Jul 13, 2013
If this is true of PEJ, then Nigeria is in deep trouble than I thought.
No wonder President Obama avoided OUR own first family by not visiting Nigeria in his recent African tour cos no sane person would want his Wife to interact with a woman who has no respect for Men talk least of a Global Figure like Prof. Soyinka. It's possible that PEJ talks back at her husband in the same rude and disrespectful manner.
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by BabaOlowo: 8:26pm On Jul 13, 2013
This is so unfortunate but WS should have seen this coming. We warned him against campaigning for Jonathan when Y'adua was sick, he did not listen, we warned him when PEJ was made a Perm Sec, that she did not deserve it, he said we were wrong, so why is he disappointed now that PEJ has now turned against him?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 13, 2013
eldoradoxx: If dem say make I choose oooh, I go choose make dem make me President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria even if na only for one week than to make me a Wole Soyinka (Noble Lauret) for life. Power sweet shaa oooh.

I can c how short-sighted u are! Being a nobel laureate for life is a more worthy achievement than being an insensitive president for one week! Tell me, how many people remember IBB, Abacha, Idi Amin,Fidel castro, or even George Bush for good?

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by bunmit(m): 8:38pm On Jul 13, 2013
This is just the beginning, watch out for season 2
Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by oyesmiling: 9:01pm On Jul 13, 2013
I presume this thread has justifiably delivered to the paymasters(presidency). With some 'repugnant' comments, devoid of true NLander's critical reasoning, I chose to commend the agents for the job welldone.
But, even a dullard knows Evans Bipi's Jesus!
All hail our national icons, Prof Soyinka.
He spoke what Late Prof Chinualumogu Achebe would have equally said.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Is An Embarrassment To His Admirers – Patience Jonathan by waledud(m): 9:02pm On Jul 13, 2013
PEJ has hitherto effortlessly proven that she is a perfect exemplar of why it is very dangerous to place absolute powers in the rein of a Nigerian woman. What with all this arrogant missteps and thuggish misdemeanour all over the place. While her husband is doing a good job in fast becoming a civilian despot, she is doing her best to rival him as a tactless bully. The way she throws her weight all about dis days makes mince meat of the regrettable misadventure of Turai during the sit-tight era of the ailing Yar'Adua. Regrettably, it was the likes of the renown Prof, whom she now sees as a gum to chew in her unwashed mouth, that spoke out against the order of those days, ironically in favour of her husband who soon became the acting president. Now that she's in that same position, she's doing her best to outdo Turai in that mission of misuse of their seemingly unconstitutional powers.
My advice for her as regards this specific battle of pen that she wants to engage in with the master of pen himself is a simple extract from a work of another master himself, William Shakespeare when he penned this words in his book 'King Leah': "As flies are to wanton boys are we to the gods; they kill us for their sports". But then the chances that those words would be discernible to her are somewhere very near to ZERO.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

36 State Governors Drag Buhari To Supreme Court / Emir Sanusi's Reaction On Meeting Ganduje At Eid Prayer Ground / Nnamdi Kanu Shares 50-Year-Old Newspaper About Aburi Agreement (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.