Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,786 members, 7,831,544 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

... - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ... (42107 Views)

Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. / Razor Tongue: A Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ... by yemi2plus(m): 11:29pm On Jul 20, 2013
Dygeasy: Now We Can Begin The Rotation. Who's With Me?

-Chapter 9: HumbledByGrace 21/07/2013

-Chapter 10: Dygeasy 22/07/2013

-Chapter 11: Ishilove 23/07/2013

-Chapter 12: Xynerise 24/07/2013

-Chapter 13: Mazi Omenuko 25/07/2013 *yet to be confirmed but will be before that date*

-Chapter 14: MrBrownJay 26/07/2013

-Chapter 15: EzePromoe 27/07/2013

-Chapter 16: Flow1759 28/07/2013.

Whadya'll Say About This^^^? We Good To Flow?
but flow never complete e part na
Re: ... by EzePromoe: 11:32pm On Jul 20, 2013
Caracta:

Wharrizzzdis? Arrrrrrghhh! Thank your stars say i no dey participate, na you i for use do chapter 1-150. Mine is to write. Yours is to ignore if you don't like it. Simple!
But we still have to respect that!
Re: ... by Dygeasy(m): 11:43pm On Jul 20, 2013
Eze Promoe:
The day you fixed me falls on a Saturday when I'll be in a convention.
I beg for a readjournment in my slot to either 29th or 25th. THANKS!
Granted!
Re: ... by EzePromoe: 11:45pm On Jul 20, 2013
Dygeasy: Granted!
That's i'll take 29th na, right?
Re: ... by Dygeasy(m): 11:59pm On Jul 20, 2013
Dygeasy:
Now We Can Begin The Rotation. Who's With Me?

-Chapter 9: HumbledByGrace 21/07/2013

-Chapter 10: Dygeasy 22/07/2013

-Chapter 11: Ishilove 23/07/2013

-Chapter 12: Xynerise 24/07/2013

-Chapter 13: Mazi Omenuko 25/07/2013 *yet to be confirmed but will be before that date*

-Chapter 14: MrBrownJay 26/07/2013

-Chapter 15: Flow1759 27/07/2013

-Chapter 16: Eze Promoe 29/07/2013.

Whadya'll Say About This^^^? We Good To Flow?
Re: ... by nuwell(m): 12:12am On Jul 21, 2013
Guys, great work so far. I'm however concerned that we're not making use of the discussion thread for all these extra-story gists. We'll only end up deforming this thread at this rate and there's still so much to be written. Just thought I'd say. Apparently I've just committed the Same crime. Lol
Re: ... by EzePromoe: 12:30am On Jul 21, 2013
nu-well:
Guys, great work so far. I'm however concerned that we're not making use of the discussion thread for all these extra-story gists. We'll only end up deforming this thread at this rate and there's still so much to be written. Just thought I'd say. Apparently I've just committed the Same crime. Lol
True talk.
Re: ... by flow1759: 12:41am On Jul 21, 2013
I and Flow wrote the test, or rather i wrote the test, Flow's paper was torn by the Lecture Ishilove.

He was caught with "mgbo" reminder. The test did'nt start by 8am as slated, it started at about 8:30am. Before the test started, i saw Flow, Rap maestro and Emperort writing mgbo reminder at the back of the class. I warned them severally against "mgboing" they never listened.

Emperort and Rap maestro was a bad influence to Flow my friend. While Emperort was Minister of Mgbo, Rap maestro was Special advicer to the Government on mgbo affairs; sometimes i wondered why he wasn't named Mgbo maestro instead of Rap maestro, he was really the Maestro when it came to malpractise. I hated malpractise so much.

My roommate Flow started mingling with the likes of; 4kizo the Chiefo of Kegite in NU, Skolopy the fellow that the drink Alomo ran in his veins, Madawaki who smoked more than Chimney, and Rap maestro and Emperort the award winning Mgbo Lords.

I had no choice but to join the clique since i couldn't beat them, and soon i started smoking weed.

I will never forget the day Madawaki adviced we got high on Fuel since weed wasn't available. We soaked our handkerchiefs on Fuel and place it on our Nose, and then inhaled deeply. PLS DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME.

That day i saw eclipse of the Sun right above my head, the stars were so close that i jumped to catch one.

Also, I will never forget the day we went to drink in a bar, Skolopy drank one big bottle of his brand Alomo. As we staggered home that night, Skolopy said he loved babies so much. So he started crawling like a baby. It wasn't funny at all, some students of NU that saw him laughed so hard and asked us what happened to him, i just simply told them he lost his wheelchair.

What about 4kizo? 4kizo so much loved palmwine that one day he complained that he was Urinating palmwine. Inasmuch as we laughed at him, i saw that as a business idea. We could put the Palmwine in Bottles and Cans and name it "4kizo palmwine".

My friends were still my friends no matter what. Come sunshine, Come rainfall.

"Make we go drink Alomo na" Skolopy suggested as we walked home after school hours.

"i dey talk say Ishilove tear my paper for test, una dey say make we go drink" said Flow.

"that one no be the end of the world oh jare" Madawaki spoke in a Yoruba tone.

"abeg make we go drink make you forget your sorrows" Emperort adviced tapping Flow.

I loved the Idea, since it was a while i drank Udeme last.

"make we go jor" I agreed.

Soon we were at madam texanomaly's bar to meet FK0 and Damex.

"how far Damex?" I greeted.

"we say make we take one-one bottle na" Damex said as we took our seats. I wasn't surprised at all, Damex was a one-bottle man. He never took more than one bottle of his brand Gulder.

"una know why i say make we come drink?" Skolopy began. "why?" FK0 asked.

"na because today na my birthday" he announced.

"and since today na my birthday, today na Alomo bithday sef" He added.

One would think Alomo was the name of his girlfriend. Skolopy!! He celebrated birthdays for bottles of Alomo. I remember the day he told us his role model was Alomo. You can imagine that!

"and since today na my birthday and Alomo birthday, na only Alomo we go drink" Skolopy declared.

"but i no like Alomo na" I cried.

"everybody for this world like Alomo only you" Emperort said.

Drinks were served by the ever elegant Madam texanomaly herself. Madam texanomaly was a lady of average hieght that had an Indian look. Yet she insisted she was from Ekiti, made me wondered if Ekiti was the Capital of India.

Small bottles of Alomo was served.

"madam tex why you no give us the big Alomo na?" Rap maestro said.

"na only the small one remaineth" Madam tex answered.

"remaineth"!! Most words madam tex spoke, she always added the annoying "eth" at the end. Made me wondered whether she was a bible scholar. Well, like she said, she spent most of her childhood years in Niger Republic, maybe that was where she got that accent, or maybe not.

Soon we were on our third bottle each, even Damex the One bottle man was on his third bottle also.

Nobody crawled home that evening, just that some persons became Political Pundits all thanks to Alomo.

"so wetin you go do for your test paper wey Ishilove tear na" Rap maestro asked what i wanted asking.

"I go sort the course with 5k na" Flow answered.

Even though nobody could penetrate Ishilove directly, one could easily sort her courses through her money thirsty secretary macjive. The price was 5k per course.

It took us ages to get home, but we still got home to meet our pot of Egusi soup poured on the floor close to where it was in the unclosed cupboard.

Who did it?

Rat Flow and Rat Foxy.

They were the two rats that gave us real trouble. We nicknamed them after our names because they looked like us.

END OF CHAPTER

STILL I FLOW.

4 Likes

Re: ... by UjSizzle(f): 12:48am On Jul 21, 2013
Caracta:

Wharrizzzdis? Arrrrrrghhh! Thank your stars say i no dey participate, na you i for use do chapter 1-150. Mine is to write. Yours is to ignore if you don't like it. Simple!
sharrap woman!!! grin
Re: ... by UjSizzle(f): 12:53am On Jul 21, 2013
lol neat one Flow cheesy
Re: ... by BarryX(m): 2:34am On Jul 21, 2013
Flow so sick it makes one stick
Even the ones with over-massaged mind
Can't help but stay on Nairaland Story grind!
Good Job Mr Flow on RatRace !
Re: ... by EzePromoe: 4:02am On Jul 21, 2013
Flow, please in your next update try to be unnarrative, so that it will be in line with others.
E.g use "he went there" or "Flow went there" instead of "I went there."
YOUR STORY IS GOOD!
Re: ... by flow1759: 6:09am On Jul 21, 2013
Eze Promoe: Flow, please in your next update try to be unnarrative, so that it will be in line with others.
E.g use "he went there" or "Flow went there" instead of "I went there."
YOUR STORY IS GOOD!

okay.

But remember at the beginning i said; MY NAME IS FOXY. So i defined the "I"
Re: ... by Ishilove: 7:26am On Jul 21, 2013
Flow, when writing in English language, try to explain vernacular terms or informal slangs for the benefit of those who don't understand them. People like HBG will not understand what 'mgbo' is, and even I, a Nigerian, had to struggle to understand what it meant.
Re: ... by EzePromoe: 9:08am On Jul 21, 2013
FLOW na village brought up like me. grin

The word MGBO literary means BULLET. But its used as a slang for EXPO i.e an exam malpractice solution grin
I hope i used the right term grin
Re: ... by gunners160(m): 9:36am On Jul 21, 2013
Nyce 1 flw i enjoy ur pidgin write up but y u no talk abt mm na because i thought d main character in dis story is abt mm or d guy don join nl cult group aka d bucanners
Re: ... by Emperortj93(m): 10:47am On Jul 21, 2013
#laufin in esan#Chebuabuabuabuabua oseinobua.... Kai, only me minister of mgbo, alomo addict, bad/good frnd, and .........., walai oga flow u 2 much jor
STILL I F(OL)LOW
Re: ... by EzePromoe: 10:51am On Jul 21, 2013
gunners160: Nyce 1 flw i enjoy ur pidgin write up but y u no talk abt mm na because i thought d main character in dis story is abt mm or d guy don join nl cult group aka d bucanners
The chief/lead character (protagonist) of this story by the law of literature is Seun, and maybe supporting is Mukina.
NL is too vast to centre the spotlight on one character.
LET THE FUN CONTINUE! cheesy
Re: ... by Rapmaestro(m): 11:34am On Jul 21, 2013
Flowey, Na only you I give authority to call my name jawe and some other people... Nice piece jawe
Re: ... by BukkyDan(f): 12:32pm On Jul 21, 2013
Ehen! So Damex drinks too? Na wa o
Nice one FLOW...still I follow.

Errm...what's this talks about some writters "pulling out"? Puuleeease, nobody should leave o. This is sure fun, please o
Re: ... by EzePromoe: 1:14pm On Jul 21, 2013
Ehen, HumbledbyGRACE, its your turn to update!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (23) (Reply)

[story] The Perfect Couple (adults Only)…part 1 / Olaokun Soyinka Writes Tonye Cole Over Airplane Seat Saga Of Wole Soyinka / All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.