Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

CNPP Cautions Jonathan On Chinese Neo-colonialism - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNPP Cautions Jonathan On Chinese Neo-colonialism (8935 Views)

Photo Of Goodluck Jonathan On A Refuse Dump! / Goodluck Jonathan On A Shopping Spree Abroad...photo / Was Colonialism Good For Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CNPP Cautions Jonathan On Chinese Neo-colonialism by ewet: 8:25am On Jul 15, 2013
“For the avoidance of doubt, some are celebrating the tremendous rise of China-Nigeria bilateral trade relations from $2 billion in 2002 to $13 billion in 2012; forgetting that Chinese cheap and fake products not only dominate the trade but stifle our local industries,” the statement said.

This is the part tht i like.How are our industries going to develop when we are allowing cheap chinese goods to stifle their growth.

Is this the transformation tht GEJ promised.Tht we shuld be totally dependent on importation, aah! wht a pity.GEJ keeps failing me.

1 Like

Re: CNPP Cautions Jonathan On Chinese Neo-colonialism by AjanleKoko: 8:37am On Jul 15, 2013
Too late.
Country has already been sold. embarassed

1 Like

Re: CNPP Cautions Jonathan On Chinese Neo-colonialism by arimahoseloka(m): 8:42am On Jul 15, 2013
People talk nonsense about fake chinese products, forgetting that it is the chinese that have made a lot of products affordable for u and i. china is the fastest growing ecomomy in the world not because their citizens sat down and consume everything in sight, importing everything the country needs but because young people like u and i turned to enterpreneuship and international trade and today look at how much and fast their economy is growing. lt is good Gej is doing business with them. let us learn from them and realise crude oil is diminishing and look to more sustainable ways of managing the Nigerian economy. also the fake products we talk about are so cheap and affordable and chinese products have improved tremendously, while still maintaining the cheap price. i love them
Re: CNPP Cautions Jonathan On Chinese Neo-colonialism by Akanbiedu(m): 8:47am On Jul 15, 2013
AjanleKoko: Too late.
Country has already been sold. embarassed

Word. I hope we get our country back.
Re: CNPP Cautions Jonathan On Chinese Neo-colonialism by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 15, 2013
Bilateral trade with the chinese is not a bad idea.

ITS BETTER THAN JUST DOING NOTHING.

IF OUR INDUSTRY WOULDNT GROW, MAYBE ITS TIME FOR THE CHINESE TO COME GROW AND RUN IT FOR US.
Re: CNPP Cautions Jonathan On Chinese Neo-colonialism by gerald09(m): 8:47am On Jul 15, 2013
Finally some1 else sees what I have bin sayin, tot I was going paranoid. I don't trust all dis deals being giving to d chinese, everything dey produce for urs is fake n neva last long, these dere generosity with $3billion was just to tricky, Ѿε claim Ѿε smart when it come to business dealing but I fink Ѿε only fink we smart to ourselves, dis business deal with china really don't sound right in d long run. They need to be checked. NOW!!

1 Like

Re: CNPP Cautions Jonathan On Chinese Neo-colonialism by gerald09(m): 9:01am On Jul 15, 2013
fat stan: I think saying obama has extended an olive leave to JEG is slight to our president. Twice obama has visited africa not once did he so much as fly through our air space. He can shove his olive branch up his black ass for all i care. If china will do business with our country and not run us through the mud everytime an idiot Nigerian is caught for a crime or the other over there then i say carry on Mr President.
Dude I am also for the f*uck obama/the US team, but I don't trust that the chinese are just trying to improve our economy, cos when u dealing with men with very low IQ in reasoning like most of our govt officials then its ryt that we trend with care. US and UK has used us like a cheap sl*ut n dumped us like rag n now it maybe d chinese turn let's not let it ezy for dem

1 Like

Re: CNPP Cautions Jonathan On Chinese Neo-colonialism by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 15, 2013
我現在是一
個中國人。我的國
家已經把
我賣給
中國的黃金和白銀
我現在是一個中
國人國的黃金和白。
我的
國家已經把我賣給
我的國家已經把
我賣給中已
經把我賣給
中國的黃金和白銀
我現在是一個中
國人國的黃金和白
已經把我賣給
中國的黃金和白銀
我現在是一個中
國人國的黃金和白。
我的
國家已經把我賣給
我的國家已經把
我賣給中
已經把我賣給
中國的黃金和白銀
我現在是
一個中已經把我賣

中國的黃金和白銀
我現在是一個中
國人國的黃金和白。
我的
國家已經把我賣給
我的國家已經把
我賣給中已經把我賣給
中國的黃金和白銀
我現在是一個中已經
把我賣給
中國的黃金和白銀
我現在是一個中
國人國的黃金和白。
我的
國家已經把我賣給
我的國家已經把
我賣給中已經把我賣給
中國的黃金和白銀
我現在是一個中
已經把
我賣給
中國的黃金和白銀
我現在是一個中
國人國的黃金和白。
我的
國家已經把我賣給
我的國家已經把
我賣給中已經
把我賣給
中國的黃金和白銀
我現在是一個中已
經把我賣給
中國的黃金和白銀
我現在是一個中
國人國的黃金和白。
我的
國家已經把我賣給
我的國家已經把
我賣給中已經把
我賣給
中國的黃金和白銀
我現在是一個中已經
我的國家已經把
我賣給中已經把我賣給
中國的黃金和白銀
我現在是一個
中把我賣給
中國的黃金和白銀
我現在是一個中
國人國的黃金和白。
我的
國家已經把我賣給
我的國家已經把
我賣給中已經把
我賣給
中國的黃金和白銀
我現在是一個中 !!!!!!!!!
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: CNPP Cautions Jonathan On Chinese Neo-colonialism by Agimor(m): 9:17am On Jul 15, 2013
GEJ Okay we hear, however we are on top of the situation..
Re: CNPP Cautions Jonathan On Chinese Neo-colonialism by dnawah(m): 9:21am On Jul 15, 2013
grandstar: The chinese are not the mean european types. they are actually quite generous. they are an economic power. anyway they still need to be monitored.
there is an adage in china that says that"cheat a stranger but don't kill him"

1 Like

Re: CNPP Cautions Jonathan On Chinese Neo-colonialism by dnawah(m): 9:25am On Jul 15, 2013
ngozievergreen:

leele.. Lekwa ha.....Ha choo iri gi. Hmm......Dey no go see u
oyn aran
Re: CNPP Cautions Jonathan On Chinese Neo-colonialism by hafsatbaby: 9:25am On Jul 15, 2013
In the land of insecurity and the times of boko haram the destiny of a great nation lays on the shoulders of a great fool, His name jonafool.

1 Like

Re: CNPP Cautions Jonathan On Chinese Neo-colonialism by PStacks(m): 9:25am On Jul 15, 2013
I have not seen or read this thread B4 but all along I have been weary of this chinese Romance especially when Obama refused GEJ his hand of fellowship bothering on the fact that we lacked democratic institutions, just exactly what Obama said is playing out in the country today..

"Made in China" I laff..
What happens to "Made in Aba"?

How is "Made in Aba" different from "made in China"

Nao to my main concern..

We all know we live in the ICT Era..
We live in the Edward Snowden Era.
An Era where Edward snowden has come out to say Government tracks Peoples fone calls and internet data..

We need to be sure this platform is a clean platform and a clean slate where people can vent their anger and genuine concern for our beloved country Nigeria..
Nobody enjoys criticising Govt, but we all want the collect good of our land and that's y I don't only come to criticize but also render solutions in my own little wisdom..

It would be wrong should the govt get to the Administrators of this site and ask for people's data and track people..

I say this because av been getting a lot of "Private number calls" and my friends say I should stop saying my mind on nairaland.. If we don't say our minds, how do we progress?

On the other hand, we have a very corrupt govt and a corrupt society, your data could be tracked and u are history and nairaland goes on.. This is a very valid advice given to me by loved one's.. In as much as I cherish this advice, I also hope to see nigeria bcome a better place..

I would on this note categorically demand to know from the Administrators of this site if Safety is guaranteed and no one is gon compromise because we live in really dangerous times..

Facebook has admitted to it that Govt Comes asking for data, Microsoft and google and Apple has also admitted.. We need our own local facebook to confirm or debunk if govt has come sniffing here. We need to ask this honorable platform if we can speak our minds freely or do the normal nigerian cosmetic approach of decieving ourselves.. We need to ask if the govt has been approaching for people's details to track them..
Tracking is simple, just get the mobile number and take it to the mobile telcome operator with a presidential permit and the telcom company tracks u in no time..

I will never ferain from speaking my mind. I will criticise where need be and Applaude where need be.. But we know nigeria for what it is.. Life has no duplicate.. Oju ni alakan fi'n shor ori..

Pls let us know if at anytime, anybody's record has been requested.. Cos Nigeria is indeed very corrupt society.

Haven said that, I would advice people refrain from using over ambiguous statements and unfounded allegations.. Let's stand only for what we believe is true..

I don't suppourt the China romance..
2 days ago.. China went to sign a bilateral trade agreement with the US and we are going to china, what says we shouldn't go to china ourselves.. Like the argument yesterday on nairaland.. Pls I didn't contribute ooo. But I was reading and people were like, why go thru Mary to Jesus, when u can Go to Jesus direct and I tot it made sense to me.. Why go thru China to America when we can go to America directly ourselves only if we change our ways?

I don't condem any religion.. I condem all Religion..
People commit crime in the name of religion.
People kill in the name of religion..
Just this morning on nairaland, GEJ was said to be picking Yerima on Religious grounds and not on the grounds of what is good for the country..

As for Amechi's case.. Amechi must survive.. Amechi should be celebrated. Amechi is a National Hero.. Amechi was generous enough to donate to OJB.. Pls let's not give room to sentiments, let's talk on facts and figure..
Yes Amechi might be a devil too, but he seems to me a lesser devil..

I think so far, these are my only stands on Nairaland..

I'm for Abolish Religion.
I'm for Amechi.
I'm against Romance with China..
I'm am for true and sincere Transformation agenda.

Nigeria must be great..
Good morning all.. As I expect response to the very crucial question thrown on the floor of the Forum..

I'm not scared but I need to be prepared.. We live in a country where people use power anyhow..

2 Likes

Re: CNPP Cautions Jonathan On Chinese Neo-colonialism by Itoroetti(m): 9:29am On Jul 15, 2013
Infact this is de best advice and criticism I've heard in some yrs now.
Not all this apc/cpc or is it cpu and can blapping about nothing yet failed to address issues pertaining to governance.
Thanks,cnpp.
Our beloved president,hope ur economic team have taken all this into consideration as the point raised ar valid points.

1 Like

Re: CNPP Cautions Jonathan On Chinese Neo-colonialism by kaze4blues(m): 9:29am On Jul 15, 2013
sobaemma: Cnpp??na party be dat?nawa ride on at least they want to publish the name of their party and this is the best way,ride on o,no disrespect i see una o

CNPP is the umbrella body for all political parties in Nigeria.
So it is not a political pary per say.

Candid and sincere advise to GEJ....if only he listens
Re: CNPP Cautions Jonathan On Chinese Neo-colonialism by kaze4blues(m): 9:33am On Jul 15, 2013
sobaemma: Cnpp??na party be dat?nawa ride on at least they want to publish the name of their party and this is the best way,ride on o,no disrespect i see una o

CNPP is the umbrella body for all political parties in Nigeria.
So it is not a political party per say.

Candid and sincere advise to GEJ....if only he listens
Re: CNPP Cautions Jonathan On Chinese Neo-colonialism by Nobody: 9:46am On Jul 15, 2013
read again and c wat CNPP is... It z not a party @thread.. Let GEJ tread with caution
Re: CNPP Cautions Jonathan On Chinese Neo-colonialism by Aliki(m): 9:46am On Jul 15, 2013
dcal001:
don't be myopic, the prosperity of Nigeria is ur prosperity

In Economics it's supposed to be so, but not always the case in African countries...especially in Nigeria. We've always been a prosperous country, but unfortunately we don't even know...the crude oil we sell and at the same time spill away daily, did we put it there? Price of kerosine has risen by 200% now a lot of folks who coulndt afford that would have to start using firewood...yet we flare gas away day and night. Nigeria has been selling crude oil for over 30 years now...what do we have to show for it? Same story naa ni..no electricity, no good roads, no security. Yet we think that one day we'll be prosperous and all we be well. White folks look at us and laugh, knowing that we don't really need those loans from China!

1 Like

Re: CNPP Cautions Jonathan On Chinese Neo-colonialism by PStacks(m): 9:57am On Jul 15, 2013
LOUDmedia: Posterity won't forgive us if we sell off our country at this critical times for another colonial rule - whether directly or otherwise. A word is indeed enough for the wise.

You can say that one more time...
You are truly an insightful and progressive minded person..

GEJ has signed a pact of slavery yet again..
People that can't manage their wealth squander it and only look for more to squander.. We have countries that don't have crude.. Greece doesn't have crude.. Crude survives on Tourism..
We have tourist destinations in Nigeria that could be major source of foreign exchange.. Calabar, tinapa, rivers, osun, olumo rock in ogun, ogudu cattle ranch, bauchi yankari games reserves, jos waterfalls, name them.. We have tourist destinations,
We have crude, we have agriculture potentials to feed d whole world (exergeratted), we have just everything, solid minerals and we have Mis-managment and corruption..

When u sign us into slavery u are only pouring salt on injury.. We must come home harness our resources and manage ourselves well enof, so we can be a Creditor Nation rathet than be a Debtor..
I fear debts. Owe no man...
I hate debts..
Collecting debt is easy, paying back is where the problem is.. Uncolatarissed and interest free. Is our crude not enof colateral? OMG..

This is what Abraham lincoln said about America..

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.”
― Abraham Lincoln

I make bold to say thesame about my dear country.. Oh Nigeria my dear country..
I weep for Nigeria.. My heart bleeds for Nigeria.. Nigeria is dear to my heart.. Nigeria can work...

Even at that.. Going to china.. Do you know what laws china use in dealing with corruption.. As GEJ is coming back, he shouldn't come back with debts alone, he should come with china's laws.. I heard in China, if your father is caught for corruption, the whole generation would be banned from public office.. If we borrow money from china, let's borrow some of these laws also..

How is corruption taken in china? How is corruption taken in Nigeria?

Money, money, money and more money only..

Indeed, money is truly the root of all Evils..

1 Like

Re: CNPP Cautions Jonathan On Chinese Neo-colonialism by PStacks(m): 9:57am On Jul 15, 2013
LOUDmedia: Posterity won't forgive us if we sell off our country at this critical times for another colonial rule - whether directly or otherwise. A word is indeed enough for the wise.

People that can't manage their wealth squander it and only look for more to squander.. We have countries that don't have crude.. Greece doesn't have crude.. Crude survives on Tourism..
We have tourist destinations in Nigeria that could be major source of foreign exchange.. Calabar, tinapa, rivers, osun, olumo rock in ogun, ogudu cattle ranch, bauchi yankari games reserves, jos waterfalls, name them.. We have tourist destinations,
We have crude, we have agriculture potentials to feed d whole world (exergeratted), we have just everything, solid minerals and we have Mis-managment and corruption..

When u sign us into slavery u are only pouring salt on injury.. We must come home harness our resources and manage ourselves well enof, so we can be a Creditor Nation rathet than be a Debtor..
I hate debts..
Collecting debt is easy, paying back is where the problem is.. Uncolatarissed and interest free. Is our crude not enof colateral? OMG..

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.”
― Abraham Lincoln

I weep for Nigeria.. My heart bleeds for Nigeria.. Nigeria is dear to my heart.. Nigeria can work...

Even at that.. Going to china.. Do you know what laws china use in dealing with corruption.. As GEJ is coming back, he shouldn't come back with debts alone, he should come with china's laws.. I heard in China, if your father is caught for corruption, the whole generation would be banned from public office.. If we borrow money from china, let's borrow some of these laws also..

Re: CNPP Cautions Jonathan On Chinese Neo-colonialism by PStacks(m): 10:11am On Jul 15, 2013
icebeatz: Bilateral trade with the chinese is not a bad idea.

ITS BETTER THAN JUST DOING NOTHING.

IF OUR INDUSTRY WOULDNT GROW, MAYBE ITS TIME FOR THE CHINESE TO COME GROW AND RUN IT FOR US.

Are we handicapped? Are the Chinese smarter than us? Why should china get employment in nigeria and nigerians remain unemployed.. I take resentment to it that a chinese is better than me, very soon, a lebanese and indian would be better than me, very soon, a turk would be better than me. Very soon, a greek would be better than me.. Is something wrong with me? If something is wrong with me, why don't they correct it rather than have a chinese come do my work in my father land.. Youths are unemployed and here u are creating jobs for chinese.. Promoting "Made in China" why can't we encourage "Made in Aba" and hav those boys step up their game to international standards.. We are a joke in this country.. China would milk us dry.. There is no such thing as a free lunch anywhere.. China has to protect her own interest..

Nobody would look after Nigeria, no country is here to babysit a spoilt Nigeria,
Nobody ever gives u a chance, u must learn to take chances..

Are u saying China has more of the interest of the nigerian people at heart? Are u saying china doesn't have her own interest to protect? Come on mehn!

Even if the debt is not a bad thing, with our culture in nigeria, it's bad..

1 Like

Re: CNPP Cautions Jonathan On Chinese Neo-colonialism by Donfamous(m): 10:21am On Jul 15, 2013
. No its not
Re: CNPP Cautions Jonathan On Chinese Neo-colonialism by phemi01(m): 12:42pm On Jul 15, 2013
Nigerians have been sLaves for a Long time. Slaves even in their own country. Na now CNPP dey wake up? Its never too late though.

Nigerians are slaves to the Chinese, Indians, Lebanese, Germans, British, Americans.

1 Like

Re: CNPP Cautions Jonathan On Chinese Neo-colonialism by millhouse: 2:20pm On Jul 15, 2013
CNPP should keep quiet jare ! Where ya'adua was fratenizing with the middle east , we didn't hear their voices . We weep so much sentiments I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ this country
Re: CNPP Cautions Jonathan On Chinese Neo-colonialism by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 15, 2013
hah,u r a bastard 4 dz comment of urs...i can see dt many nigerians dnt lyk dz country,the party didnt critisize wat he does buh warn him,u bastard hear started sayin rubbish...i WEEP 4 u n ur comin generation
Re: CNPP Cautions Jonathan On Chinese Neo-colonialism by abdulbabao: 2:53pm On Jul 15, 2013
Lets Put hands Together and Remove GEJ before him go sell Our country o.. angry
Re: CNPP Cautions Jonathan On Chinese Neo-colonialism by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 15, 2013
P.Stacks:

I hate debts..

― Abraham Lincoln

wow...dz comment makes me weep,i can see sm1 dt loves his father land dearly...one of d best comment ve seen on nairaland,i thnk we(youth) ve d solution 2 our problem,letz adopt anoda country's policy dtz goin 2 help dz country.lyk example stated above if we can find a way in manipulating dt in2 law,it ll go a long way in helpn nigeria...dnt let us talk alone,we need action.I PLEDGE TO NIGERIA MY COUNTRY
Re: CNPP Cautions Jonathan On Chinese Neo-colonialism by AjanleKoko: 4:13pm On Jul 15, 2013
I don't know about neo-colonialism sha.
But as someone who has worked extensively with Chinese, I can only see one thing: Nigerian government is looking for Oshofree, that's the real problem.
Everybody is using the Chinese for one thing or the other, not only Nigeria. The only thing I see from lazy African governments is that they are all looking for perceived oshofree, and Chinese are milking that big time.

The problem is, the Imperialist West has done all of that in the past also, but with a superior attitude, and a sense of God-ism. As in, you dumb Africans, I need to civilize you at my own pace, and to my own benefit. I don't really give a shyt about how you see things.

Chinese have come with a different message: we have come to help you, we are like you too, vulnerable, because of that we can empathize with your greed and foolishness, and we can accomodate every poo you bring to us grin. Whatever you want, nigguz, we go do am for you tongue

Bottom line: How long will African mumu-rity and belle-motivation last?
There is one obvious truth that is continually ignored by the elites among us. The rest of the world can actually conspire to exterminate us from the face of the earth in a 100-year timeline, without bothering to fire a single shot or commission a single soldier. Who da hell knows, maybe it's on already. After all the best of us are all being carried away voluntarily to serve them (visa lottery, UK Tier 1, Canadian Immigration, etc.), and the rest are busy murdering and starving each other to death, aided by Western guns, and Western banks. Once we're gone, Africa can be remade into a paradise, and they can be free to exploit its resources like they used to in the past. Screw the age of emancipation angry

That truth is the singular source of my sadness as an African. Time will tell sha embarassed

2 Likes

Re: CNPP Cautions Jonathan On Chinese Neo-colonialism by Akanbiedu(m): 4:26pm On Jul 15, 2013
^^^^^^^

I think there is no need to kill a mumu, especially when he can be used. Every civilization needs a lower class. Without a sink, the source is useless.
Re: CNPP Cautions Jonathan On Chinese Neo-colonialism by AjanleKoko: 4:28pm On Jul 15, 2013
Akanbi_edu: ^^^^^^^

I think there is no need to kill a mumu, especially when he can be used. Every civilization needs a lower class. Without a sink, the source is useless.

They don't need all of us. This is the Robotic age. Coupled with the fact that Asians are more in number, better skilled, work faster/smarter/harder, adapt better, and are far more resilient. They only need our hardest and smartest workers, and they have that in place already. All the best and brightest Africans are either already migrated, or in the process of migration, or at the very least having their babies abroad, and guaranteeing them citizenship of those countries.

Which calls to question the real worth of a foreign passport beyond giving you unrestricted access to those countries, or the right to live in those countries.

Most of us are happy to get the hell outta Africa anyways, so who gives a fck embarassed

The rest can be killed off by disease, hunger, or aided civil wars embarassed
Re: CNPP Cautions Jonathan On Chinese Neo-colonialism by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 15, 2013
They CNPP are saying this because they are unaware and blind to the evil the west had done to Africa. Every step a president takes is guided by advice. Though I suspect 2015 as a major factor 4 this move, I am of no doubt that the chinese are better off.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu: We Will Build A Stronger, More Prosperous Nigeria / Three Groups Fight For APC Identity / Origin Of A White Man By Hon. Minister Louis Farrakhan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.