Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,038 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene (23163 Views)

Economic Crisis A Blessing – Buhari / Buhari’s Appointments To Be Balanced In The Long Run–femi Adesina Replies Critic / Again, El-rufai Appoints Non-indigene As Head Of Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by PStacks(m): 8:39am On Jul 15, 2013
Yes! Amechi must fight to finish..

Nelson Mandela fought so hard he was incarcerated..

The truth is in-convertible
Malice attack truth!
Ignorance deride it
In the end, there it ls. #Stolen tho..

(I might not have gotten the quote correctly pardon my imperfection, I'm just being human, but I think its Winston Churchill's quote.)

Amechi fight on.. D devil and d deep blue sea.. We choose the lesser devil.. Amechi is a lesser and more healthy devil, since all our leaders are devils. I choose the Amechi's devil..

Amechi has been likened to Moses, Jesus the christ and Nelson Mandela, Bill Clinton.

Amechi ride on.. U shall over come, and if it consumes u, u got consumed for a good course.. Either way, you are a winner..

We know the Powers that be is bigger than you, if u win, good! If you lose good.. Atleast you stood,

3 Likes

Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by Longeria(m): 8:41am On Jul 15, 2013
Onwe101: summary pls.....
It's unfortunate that Amaechi "smartly" dive into big sea without any survival skill. Dancing azonto on top of floater on middle of ocean, being cheered by the Northern and Acn cheer Leaders and followers. In this matter, there is two major causes, opposition's over rating of Amaechi and under rating of Jonathan, forgetting that empty can make the most noise while PYTHON flourish through quietness. AMAECHI, don't be the stubborn fly that get buried with the dead. Who remembers Ibori and Sylva again. AMAECHI, think again.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 15, 2013
Well thought out.
Frankly it is deeply worrying how they have removed our attention from their performance as Politicians to the comical intrigues of their brazen rascality.

I have always personally thought that Amaechi needs a tactician. Someone who knows the principles behind subtlety in power play. Frankly he doesn't seem to have anyone. Or if he does he doesn't take their advice.

I like his brazeness but modesty is a virtue in everything we do. In power play coming out at full charge is only necessary when it will favour you. And that is mostly when your opponent is weakened. You strike with a final decisive blow.

His direct confrontation has not handled the issue well at all. Hence his battle with every arm of government. Even the Aviation Authority is used to frustrate him. I can bet when it is time for appropriation, Rivers State's funds won't be released. More trouble for the masses.

I do hope all those who took part in that brawl, involving the use of the Mace as a weapon, are all charged with treasonable felony,disturbing the peace, attempted murder, contempt of the house (if such exists),etc. They were all caught on tape.

People must be made to understand that there are consequences for their actions.And that is the problem of Nigeria. NO CONSEQUENCES.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by Longeria(m): 8:46am On Jul 15, 2013
Onwe101: summary pls.....
If you can't read then get out.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by toprealman: 8:48am On Jul 15, 2013
Chitexs250:

This is too long for my liking
Can anybody summarize it
cool cool cool cool. cool cool cool cool
The meaning will be lost....trust me pal.
Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by Nobody: 8:56am On Jul 15, 2013
P.Stacks:
Yes! Amechi must fight to finish..

Nelson Mandela fought so hard he was incarcerated..

The truth is in-convertible
Malice attack truth!
Ignorance deride it
In the end, there it ls. #Stolen tho..

(I might not have gotten the quote correctly pardon my imperfection, I'm just being human, but I think its Winston Churchill's quote.)

Amechi fight on.. D devil and d deep blue sea.. We choose the lesser devil.. Amechi is a lesser and more healthy devil, since all our leaders are devils. I choose the Amechi's devil..

Amechi has been likened to Moses, Jesus the christ and Nelson Mandela, Bill Clinton.

Amechi ride on.. U shall over come, and if it consumes u, u got consumed for a good course.. Either way, you are a winner..

We know the Powers that be is bigger than you, if u win, good! If you lose good.. Atleast you stood,

Rubbish!

A thug can never be our Moses or Mandela!

Amechi is a certified thug!

Coming from someone that knows him well....

So also, his chairmen and speakers.

Glorified illiterate .

Mtschew.....

He got what he deserves

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by ldpele(m): 8:57am On Jul 15, 2013
@OP nice article,very uncomprised one for that matter,but i wished the OP had proved some sort of solution with his knwoledge of xperienc. rili appreciate it all the same
Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by Emelcee: 8:58am On Jul 15, 2013
VACANCY! VACANCY!! VACANCY!!!
RIVERS STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY is recruiting for the positions of her IMPEACHED SPEAKER and the other SUSPENDED MEMBERS.
Interested candidates should submit their applications as quickly as possible.
REQUIREMENTS:
• Applicants must be able to communicate in PIDGIN ENGLISH andbe fluent in his LOCAL LANGUAGE.
• Must be an expert with an International Certificate (Chinese preferably) in TAEKWANDO/KARATE,BOXING & SPITTING.
• Must have five years’ experience in WEAPONS HANDLING with the skill of converting a MACE TO SWORD.
• Applicants must have full blood exams so as to confirm they have enough and ideal blood to shed for the Governor, President,President's Wife or any Minister when the need arises.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Swift lying.
• Fighting for justice/injustice
• Representing themselves, the Governor, the President, President's Wife, & their pockets all in the State House of Assembly.
• Multi-tasking and flexibility with the readiness to oppose and support, to install and impeach the speaker. Making and alterations of laws and outsmarting the law enforcementagency to get a police officer to help you kick the ass of your opponent when the need arises.
• Must be ready to enjoy a nap and a quickie in a nearby hospitalafter every meeting of the house.
All applications should be sent to recruitment@rsh oa.org or you visit their website for more information.
NOTE:
•LONG TERM MOTOR PARK(AGBERO) EXPERIENCE IS ALSO AN ADDED ADVANTAGE.
•ALSO, MEMBERSHIP OF A CULT GROUP WILL BE A VALUABLE ASSET.
Please, SHARE - don't be selfish with this, you might be helping a brother or a friend to get a VERY LUCRATIVE JOB!! **

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by Fadelex(m): 9:02am On Jul 15, 2013
as I com dey read d story, sleeping mode activated itself automatically....
Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 15, 2013
Fadelex: as I com dey read d story, sleeping mode activated itself automatically....

Olodo like you! grin
Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by bornosheikh: 9:04am On Jul 15, 2013
sleeping mode activated itself automatically....

Was that your brain or your PC?
Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by Fadelex(m): 9:08am On Jul 15, 2013
Chillisauce:

Olodo like you! grin
no be my fault now..
d story too long...but I will find time and read it later...gat some work to do now
Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by lordimpaq(m): 9:12am On Jul 15, 2013
Lovely piece....very unbiased in my opinion.

It pains that many people do not have the time to read and digest information..

not just this write up but so many other write ups, it only shows how impatient we all are, we are always looking for things the easy way and thus we require someone to "summarize" for us because we are too lazy to read.

Moreover, this laziness is also the reason our Country is like this, we are always looking for get-rich-quick schemes and the lot..

apologies for the digression, but we need a lot of patience (not PEJ o!) in this country,
Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by Jonwesley(m): 9:16am On Jul 15, 2013
A good and remarkable piece of writing, well said.
Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by Mospring(m): 9:17am On Jul 15, 2013
confirm!!...
Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by theozobby(m): 9:18am On Jul 15, 2013
This is beautiful.

Pej wasn't mentioned or is she one of the apparatus the govt is using? Or is her hands clean I need to know

God bless we country
Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 15, 2013
Nice view tho... Bt in politics it is said "majority wins the votes". I'v always been a fan of Mr Amechi....bt in dis case i rili do doubt his victory cos a tree cant make a forest..all d same..i wish him well

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by gemini35(m): 9:19am On Jul 15, 2013
KwoiZabo: Amaechi doesn't have fear in his DNA but he rushed to the house on hearing the news of the crisis. when will he settle the crisis at home and then come to Abuja to call for his Gov forum meeting when the video of his aid beating up a lawmaker has gone viral? Amaechi will keep dancing at the market square until it is dark and he will not be able to find his way home.
amaechi is so arrogant odili picked this guy from his pamo hospital were he is serving him,and brougth him to gvt house he served for 8 yr,yet odili his master calld him to come let them settle this bruhaha and he refused,
bro dancing at the market square is an understatement,his political career wl be worst than silva of bayelsa
Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by Kenny4lyfe(m): 9:19am On Jul 15, 2013
Quite insightive piece of write-up I must say!
grin grin This one has got my ribs cracking grin grin

"The governor is apprehensive of the
president's history with his old adversaries, like
Chief. Timipre Sylva, who after a truce with the
president still got axed."
Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 15, 2013
thriz:
THAT MAKES YOU A SLOWPOKE
cheesy people!!! Thanks jare.
Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 15, 2013
fiscalcliff:
A man who DOES NOT read has no advantange over a man who CANNOT read.
A man who can read but doesn't feel like reading this article is better than a man who can't read at all.
Spongeback nairaland 2013
Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by adanny01(m): 9:39am On Jul 15, 2013
This is by far the longest write up i have successfully read to finish in Nairaland, appreciating every word used in the process.

I like also, the excellent conclusion.

I have the understanding that people like Wike whom Amaechi promoted 'went to the city and came back only to disappoint his village girlfriend who funded his trip to the city'.

At the end, there is no gain for the state, only losses.

All Ameachi has to do is to ride the tide to 2015.
Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 15, 2013
Fantastic Writeup
Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by stantob(m): 9:53am On Jul 15, 2013
G.E.J will do absolutely nothing to Amaechi.Ask O.B.J about his fight with Orji Kalu.P.D.P is about to loose one state and that is Rivers state.Amaechi has nothing to loose.His tenure ends by 2015 and it will be a very serious presidential fight in 2015.Amaechi will end up delivering P.D.P to another party and some other states will follow suit.Amaechi has their secrets in his fingers nails,what will G.E.J do?Let him just cough openly and you see what next.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 15, 2013
tawa89: Naaah. Patience Jonathan wasn't mentioned in this report. There was nothing connecting her to this crisis according to this report. So if we all are to believe this report, then it means Wole Soyinka goofed by lampooning her nd calling her a mere 'domestic appendage' which in my own opinion is too harsh nd condescending. I don't see how this guy's opinion proves Wole right bruv, please kindly point out for me.

I can't really say much right now. But the obvious hand behind the "surrogates" that the author of the article alluded to, is his wife. She's like the muscle behind the president and you should know that by now due to her excesses and the inability of the president to rein her in.
Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by NEROSKY(m): 10:04am On Jul 15, 2013
lorretta u: Any body who goes ahead to make permanent enemies on behalf of politicians,does so at their own peril.
Come next year your enemy will be dining with your god-father.what will you do?
Eat your words?all these people taking sides should know that politics is just a game to these people.there's no real and true desire within their hearts to lead Nigeria to higher grounds.it's just like football.players keep getting bought-over.from Man-U to Chelsea etc.what are you gonna do? Keep changing teams because your favorite player keeps getting bought-over?

So concise, well done
Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by nku5: 10:10am On Jul 15, 2013
ShyM-X:
Interesting piece! Thanks for that, nku5.

^^^^Hmmmmmmmmmm

So Wole Soyinka was right after all...

“That's the trouble with you young people. You think because you ain't been here long, you know everything. In my life I already forgot more than you ever know.” - Neil Gaiman

You're welcome buddy. Shy-MX is ma nigga. I never could stand shymmex
Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by nku5: 10:20am On Jul 15, 2013
ijawkid:

Ameachi is really really in trouble because the bolded is so correct about Mr president.....

Either way ameachi would have to regret his insubordination to Mr president...

He unrelentlessly keeps fighting the oga at the top he gets grounded,he concedes to Oga he still gets axed....

Wahala all over the guy......

Goodluck is the direct political son of OBJ and the adopted political son of Edwin Clark. Those two grandpas are known for NOT forgiving people

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by 1bunne4lif(m): 10:24am On Jul 15, 2013
Kudos! Good writeup
Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by okoneymailco: 10:38am On Jul 15, 2013
Edison Blackson

Balanced as your presentation is, you haven't touched the angle of urgently arresting the already escalated show. Pseudo-emergency to degenerate into Active emergency rule? I think peace must rain and that could only be possible when the major actor is ready to jettison the acclaimed fight-to-finish or die trying syndrome. Again 2015 is farther than two years of democratic reign of the 2011 - 2015 tenure. Nigeria is for over 160 million people, Rivers State is for over 2 million people +plus over 158 million fellow Nigerians, and of course, over 10 million close knits and kins courtesy of the defunct CALABAR-OGOJA-RIVERS accord.

I foresee doom if this this fracas persists for the next 14 days. The solution is in the hands of the major actor, after all concern citizens had earlier mediated but the actor retains his decision.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Orders Verification Of Workers’ Certificates / Deji Adeyanju Agrees With Elrufai On Calling PDP Supporters "Empty Heads" / S/East APC Presents Member Elect Of Accord Party To Oshiomhole As Speaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.