Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,533 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene (23165 Views)

Economic Crisis A Blessing – Buhari / Buhari’s Appointments To Be Balanced In The Long Run–femi Adesina Replies Critic / Again, El-rufai Appoints Non-indigene As Head Of Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by otokx(m): 7:25am On Jul 15, 2013
Nice write up which can constitute a background to the story. Amaechi should be careful though as defeat is not unfathomable. A reinstatement of all the suspended local government chairmen may be a deft political move.
Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by salt1: 7:26am On Jul 15, 2013
Mathew joseph: Amaechi will come out victorious,4get all the antics against him,when ojb jeezreel needed funds 4 his operation (kidney transplant)nobody came 2 his recue untill gov amaechi doled out $100thousand to pay 4 d operation,abeg make dem allow amaechi drink water drop cup jare!
How does donating funds (state funds not his personal money, or is it?)Ensure his political victory?
Amaechi needs tact, diplomacy. Qualities which he doesn't seem to have much!

3 Likes

Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by donMecuzy: 7:26am On Jul 15, 2013
AMAECHI all d. Way
Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by Nobody: 7:28am On Jul 15, 2013
[i][/i]very impressed with this piece..you just described ameachi like you re his p.a.. thumbs up@op smiley
Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 15, 2013
Mathew joseph: Amaechi will come out victorious,4get all the antics against him,when ojb jeezreel needed funds 4 his operation (kidney transplant)nobody came 2 his recue untill gov amaechi doled out $100thousand to pay 4 d operation,abeg make dem allow amaechi drink water drop cup jare!

drink water drop cup? so who go come help am wash the cup? pls after drinking, he should wash the cup before dropping it...... mtcheeeew!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 15, 2013
salt 1:
How does donating funds (state funds not his personal money, or is it?)Ensure his political victory?
Amaechi needs tact, diplomacy. Qualities which he doesn't seem to have much!
you mean Mr Ameachi doesnt ve $100,000 ?
Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by jahlove4jah: 7:40am On Jul 15, 2013
Chitexs250:

This is too long for my liking
Can anybody summarize it
cool cool cool cool. cool cool cool cool
Don't tell me you are sick
Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by Lordave: 7:49am On Jul 15, 2013
just because he donated $100k? What about the abandoned projects? It's obvious you didn't even bother reading the article.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 15, 2013
So where does PEJ stands here?
Very interesting tho
Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by Lordave: 7:53am On Jul 15, 2013
mikelreal: you mean Mr Ameachi doesnt ve $100,000 ?
do you expect him to use his own while the tax payer's is there staring at him?

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by yemmight(m): 7:56am On Jul 15, 2013
Chitexs250:

Can anybody summarize it

Must you copy this. Lazy thing. That's why WAEC is difficult to pass by some of you.
Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by Lordave: 7:56am On Jul 15, 2013
sanniemoe: So where does PEJ stands here?
Very interesting tho
nice observation! Some folks have already jumped into conclusion that Soyinka is afterall right, perhaps he's right for criticizing a woman who has done nothing to the detriment of the people of Rivers state.

5 Likes

Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by tawa89(f): 8:02am On Jul 15, 2013
ShyM-X:
Interesting piece! Thanks for that, nku5.

^^^^Hmmmmmmmmmm

So Wole Soyinka was right after all...

“That's the trouble with you young people. You think because you ain't been here long, you know everything. In my life I already forgot more than you ever know.” - Neil Gaiman
Naaah. Patience Jonathan wasn't mentioned in this report. There was nothing connecting her to this crisis according to this report. So if we all are to believe this report, then it means Wole Soyinka goofed by lampooning her nd calling her a mere 'domestic appendage' which in my own opinion is too harsh nd condescending. I don't see how this guy's opinion proves Wole right bruv, please kindly point out for me.

5 Likes

Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by ijawkid(m): 8:05am On Jul 15, 2013
nku5:
I am sure Governor Amaechi is ready for truce now, but those who understand his psychology tell privately that he hates defeat (just like the president). The governor is apprehensive of the president's history with his old adversaries, like Chief. Timipre Sylva, who after a truce with the president still got axed. For Mr. President's surrogates, they really do not see any political consequence in the state, they calculate that with or without the governor the President will win the state if he decides to run in 2015. They are very correct, but there are wider implications unforeseen.

Ameachi is really really in trouble because the bolded is so correct about Mr president.....

Either way ameachi would have to regret his insubordination to Mr president...

He unrelentlessly keeps fighting the oga at the top he gets grounded,he concedes to Oga he still gets axed....

Wahala all over the guy......

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by phantom(m): 8:08am On Jul 15, 2013
Beautiful unbiased piece...
Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by slimdiggi: 8:09am On Jul 15, 2013
Really nice! But just becos PEJ wasn't mentioned dosent mean she Ȋ̝̊̅§ not DOING something!

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by ritux: 8:11am On Jul 15, 2013
OP you are so on point.

I hope the resolve this amicably.
Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by frankyychiji(f): 8:13am On Jul 15, 2013
Before amaechi decides to die fighting than listen to d voice of reasoning, if he dies for dis course, I swear it will only b a matter of his weeks b4 he will be forgotten. He won't be missed by rivers people at all. If I were him, I wl choose to stay alive to tell d story.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by PStacks(m): 8:14am On Jul 15, 2013
The office of the 1st Lady should be scrapped.
The cost of running Democracy is too expensive and insulting to Nigerians.. What does the 1st lady has to interfere with the running of this country..

So if women are empowered, this is the bullshit we'l face from madam umbella, my fellow widow..

Democracy is just too expensive in Nigeria..
Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by ritux: 8:17am On Jul 15, 2013

Mr Mathew, please what is the correlation between what the op said and OJB? SMH

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 15, 2013
Very balanced article

Good inside info.Good read
Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by Maxymilliano(m): 8:23am On Jul 15, 2013
I hope the warring factions sheath their swords and issues resolved amicably ...

This distraction is not what the country need at the moment.

A nicely penned and balanced article tho.
Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by thriz: 8:23am On Jul 15, 2013
spongeback: Very nice article
I didn't bother reading it wink
THAT MAKES YOU A SLOWPOKE
Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by U235weapongrade: 8:24am On Jul 15, 2013
fiscalcliff:
A man who DOES NOT read has no advantange over a man who CANNOT read.
@fiscalcliff Are you a Thermacian from the agbebi school of Engineering..

@OP Nice Article about RT.Hon Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi..His 1st Tenure was full of many positives which included suspending the State of emergency and the restoring of peace and security back to Rivers State,Infrastructural Development etc..

I Think were he got it all wrong was taking Nyesom Wike(former chief of staff RIVERS STATE GH) and Magnus Abe(secretary to the state GOVT) to Abuja as a Minister and Senator respectively.

Concerning his riding of power bike,was it really true ?

BTW,heard he's a member of the Viking confraternity....

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
GOD BLESS RIVERS STATE
Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by tomakint: 8:25am On Jul 15, 2013
Chitexs250:

Can anybody summarize it
Very Simple another piece of HOGWASH!
Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by try69: 8:26am On Jul 15, 2013
lorretta u: Any body who goes ahead to make permanent enemies on behalf of politicians,does so at their own peril.
Come next year your enemy will be dining with your god-father.what will you do?
Eat your words?all these people taking sides should know that politics is just a game to these people.there's no real and true desire within their hearts to lead Nigeria to higher grounds.it's just like football.players keep getting bought-over.from Man-U to Chelsea etc.what are you gonna do? Keep changing teams because your favorite player keeps getting bought-over?

Very Wise of you
Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by Fiawest(m): 8:27am On Jul 15, 2013
Nice unbiased write up,I felt like reading on and on until I saw the final proverbial Moses thing,while some Secondary School drop-out on NL are 'talking' sh**t partly cos of comprehension or lack of reading prowess,its an axiom that if you want to hide things from a blackman,put it in writing, I understand now "whatta gwan" in Rivers State.Pray God will heal Rivers people.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by ritux: 8:30am On Jul 15, 2013
U235weapongrade:
@fiscalcliff Are you a Thermacian from the agbebi school of Engineering..

@OP Nice Article about RT.Hon Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi..His 1st Tenure was full of many positives which included suspending the State of emergency and the restoring of peace and security back to Rivers State,Infrastructural Development etc..

I Think were he got it all wrong was taking Nyesom Wike(former chief of staff RIVERS STATE GH) and Magnus Abe(secretary to the state GOVT) to Abuja as a Minister and Senator respectively..What happened to Azubike Nmerukini? - former member RVHA and was also former LG Chairman(port-harcourt city)

Concerning his riding of power bike,was it really true ?

BTW,heard he's a member of the Viking confraternity....

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
GOD BLESS RIVERS STATE

Very very true. 110% true. I witnessed it on one occasion. Not dem say dem say.
Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by ecnuel: 8:35am On Jul 15, 2013
Chitexs250:

Can anybody summarize it

Guy, please, define laziness for me.
Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by monsterg(m): 8:36am On Jul 15, 2013
lyfe:

No, Dangote was first to cement.
grin grin grin
Re: Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene by karpentar: 8:38am On Jul 15, 2013
Chitexs250:

Can anybody summarize it

To hide anything from a balck man, hide it in a book. I don't know why blacks can't read?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chevening Scholarship Removes Diezani From Honours List / Osinbajo Off To Italy For G7 Meeting / Saraki knows he must step down as Senate President – Omo-Agege

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.