Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,243 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

Buhari’s Appointments To Be Balanced In The Long Run–femi Adesina Replies Critic - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Appointments To Be Balanced In The Long Run–femi Adesina Replies Critic (30393 Views)

Buhari: Femi Adesina Talks About What Will Happen When Buhari Finally Returns / 3 Appointments To Hausa-fulanis In One Day, FFK Blasts Buhari. / Table Showing Buhari’s Appointments By Geopolitical Zones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari’s Appointments To Be Balanced In The Long Run–femi Adesina Replies Critic by oluwaSmith1(f): 1:55pm On Aug 28, 2015
Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina has called on those criticizing his principal for appointing mostly northerners into his government to first look at how qualified those appointed are for such positions, adding that it is the President’s prerogative to appoint whoever he pleases into his government.

While enjoining those already crying wolf over Buhari’s early appointments to first take cognizance of “the personal merit of each person that has been appointed,” he stressed that: “You cannot run away from the fact that each person appointed merits the position. They are qualified!”

Adesina, who made this known Friday while speaking on RayPower’s flagship programme monitored by DAILY POST in Abuja, said: “But then in terms of the spread, the thing I will also like to say is that the President has the prerogative to make appointments and he knows that there is federal character in our constitution. I’m sure he bears that in mind as he makes the appointments that will come in the future.

“I believe that at the end of it all, there is going to be a balance.

“These are still early days in the appointments he is going to make. At the end of it all, I believe we are going to have a balance,” he stated.

Responding to the need for Buhari to make appointments bearing in mind that Nigerians of northern extraction are already leading the legislature and the judiciary, Adesina said: “Let’s not forget that some of those were by elections, some were statutorily the next person in rank. There is nothing the president can do about that. If it’s by election, what will he do about it? Because he doesn’t control the election; the National Assembly came by election.”

“For the ones he can control, there are still so many ahead,” he said stressing that any position can be key depending on the way the person appointed into the position “applies himself to that position.”

On whether Nigerians can begin to expect ministerial list, the Presidential spokesman assured that Buhari will keep to the September dateline given by him. He added that, “September is just next month and it has 30 days. I believe that within those thirty days, the job will be done.”

http://dailypost.ng/2015/08/28/buharis-appointments-to-be-balanced-in-the-long-run-femi-adesina-replies-critics/

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Appointments To Be Balanced In The Long Run–femi Adesina Replies Critic by DONSMITH123(m): 1:56pm On Aug 28, 2015
I love this Femi Adesina, he will always come out to defend his boss.

In other news, is there any hope for Ameachi and Fashola in this govt?.

Just asking o. lol

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Appointments To Be Balanced In The Long Run–femi Adesina Replies Critic by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 28, 2015
Sure of course, we the Change agents do know that everything will balance up at the right time... But most importantly, we need people that will make Nigeria great again and goodbye to ethic, tribal and religious politics that never did any good for this nation for the past years, but only encourage rogues in power...... God bless PMB. God bless Nigeria.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Appointments To Be Balanced In The Long Run–femi Adesina Replies Critic by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 28, 2015
Balance or no balance, he should appoint the right people.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Appointments To Be Balanced In The Long Run–femi Adesina Replies Critic by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 28, 2015
DONSMITH123:
...... Defend his boss or doing his work?!

5 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Appointments To Be Balanced In The Long Run–femi Adesina Replies Critic by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 28, 2015
Midehi:
...... That is what really matters sis.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Appointments To Be Balanced In The Long Run–femi Adesina Replies Critic by olafum1(m): 2:00pm On Aug 28, 2015
long run ko, longest runs ni cool, abi na fullness of runs this time? cool cool

7 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Appointments To Be Balanced In The Long Run–femi Adesina Replies Critic by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 28, 2015
undecided

18 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Appointments To Be Balanced In The Long Run–femi Adesina Replies Critic by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 28, 2015
Ok we all hope so...

GOD bless PMB

GOD bless Nigeria
#as for wailers, I feel una pain# grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Appointments To Be Balanced In The Long Run–femi Adesina Replies Critic by BraniacX(m): 2:01pm On Aug 28, 2015
#fullnessoftime mtcheeeeew!! angry

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Appointments To Be Balanced In The Long Run–femi Adesina Replies Critic by oshyno(m): 2:02pm On Aug 28, 2015
Are u saying he is going to sack them and replace them with guyz from south. This Buhari guy is dummer than hw I placed him. What then is all the wait for if they are on temporary base.

Meeeeeeehnn this administration is soo fvcking confused. I just hope they won't shout federal character when it comes to admission into schools cuz am awaere we have different cut of marks for different states.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Appointments To Be Balanced In The Long Run–femi Adesina Replies Critic by hinwazaka: 2:03pm On Aug 28, 2015
DONSMITH123:

Just asking o. lol
Point of Correction: His lord and master. Adesina and Garba are just like Beavis and Butthead. One is expediently dumb and the other is overtly dumber.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Appointments To Be Balanced In The Long Run–femi Adesina Replies Critic by oshyno(m): 2:03pm On Aug 28, 2015
Are u saying he is going to sack them and replace them with guyz from south. This Buhari guy is dummer than hw I placed him. What then is all the wait for if they are on temporary base.

Meeeeeeehnn this administration is soo fvcking confused. I just hope they won't shout federal character when it comes to admission into schools cuz I am aware we have different cut off marks for different states.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Appointments To Be Balanced In The Long Run–femi Adesina Replies Critic by DONSMITH123(m): 2:04pm On Aug 28, 2015
hinwazaka:

Point of Correction: His lord and master. Adesina and Garba are just like Beavis and Butthead. One is expediently dumb and the other is overtly dumber.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Appointments To Be Balanced In The Long Run–femi Adesina Replies Critic by DONSMITH123(m): 2:04pm On Aug 28, 2015
Lalasticlala
Re: Buhari’s Appointments To Be Balanced In The Long Run–femi Adesina Replies Critic by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 28, 2015
Midehi:
my Love has spoken and so shall it be. grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Appointments To Be Balanced In The Long Run–femi Adesina Replies Critic by IAMTHEHERO: 2:06pm On Aug 28, 2015
I thank God that Femi Knows that the appointments are not balanced.

20 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Appointments To Be Balanced In The Long Run–femi Adesina Replies Critic by hinwazaka: 2:07pm On Aug 28, 2015
modelmike7:
...... Defend his boss or doing his work?!
Which work. Misinformation, libel and Propaganda. If so, he should resign and find something more honorable. If not, PMB will mess him up so much so, that Bleach and Ariel will be a hopeless remedy

4 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Appointments To Be Balanced In The Long Run–femi Adesina Replies Critic by ifelovemi: 2:07pm On Aug 28, 2015
DONSMITH123:

Just asking o. lol

I think we the southerner are getting what we deserve, why do we always pull down our own , take the case of Fashola, Amechi, Fayemi, Onu etc, this guys are close to buhari and they have a good chance of making its kitchen cabinet, but what did we do, we pull them down because of internal politics, take a look at the north , when it comes to appointments they don't not care about PDP or APC , they support themselves and they don't expose there negative sides, even when we know that they are also very corrupt.

So In summary I think the north are more Politically sensible than the south so lets leave baba alone to chose who he want to work with, once they perform, me am fine, after all we've been hearing about Fashola and Co, it will be difficult for baba to choose any of them if he does, it will be difficult for him to fight corruption and Nigeria we suffer for it.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Appointments To Be Balanced In The Long Run–femi Adesina Replies Critic by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 28, 2015
sameer1212:
my Love has spoken and so shall it be. grin
thank you my sweetheart cheesy

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Appointments To Be Balanced In The Long Run–femi Adesina Replies Critic by oghenetega100(f): 2:08pm On Aug 28, 2015
I support PMB 100%, but what's wrong is wrong, there are competent people from all over this wonderful country, not just in the north. On the other hand, the average northerner is very loyal to his own (fact), when "our brother " was there he did nothing for his people.

12 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Appointments To Be Balanced In The Long Run–femi Adesina Replies Critic by myqel(m): 2:09pm On Aug 28, 2015
Ok...we are waiting

Nigeria needs balanced diet to live a healthy life wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Appointments To Be Balanced In The Long Run–femi Adesina Replies Critic by Demdem(m): 2:09pm On Aug 28, 2015
Of cos we know this will happen. Fools are just shouting shamelessly.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Appointments To Be Balanced In The Long Run–femi Adesina Replies Critic by Agwoden(m): 2:09pm On Aug 28, 2015
Representative of the slave waste region fighting hard to defend their master.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Appointments To Be Balanced In The Long Run–femi Adesina Replies Critic by Demdem(m): 2:11pm On Aug 28, 2015
oluwaSmith1:

“I believe that at the end of it all, there is going to be a balance.

“These are still early days in the appointments he is going to make. At the end of it all, I believe we are going to have a balance,” he stated.

“For the ones he can control, there are still so many ahead,” he said stressing that any position can be key depending on the way the person appointed into the position “applies himself to that position.”

Case closed. Fools can continue to wail as they deemed fit.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Appointments To Be Balanced In The Long Run–femi Adesina Replies Critic by omenka(m): 2:15pm On Aug 28, 2015
That is that, period! Anyone not comfortable with this position can go hug a cactus tree in Sahara desert.

People keep saying the appointments are lopsided and compare them to what obtained under Obj and GEJ, without recourse to the time frame under which the previous appointments were made (four years) and the number of appointments that can be made.

They can continue to wail for all we care.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Appointments To Be Balanced In The Long Run–femi Adesina Replies Critic by Demdem(m): 2:15pm On Aug 28, 2015
oshyno:

Meeeeeeehnn this administration is soo fvcking confused. I just hope they won't shout federal character when it comes to admission into schools cuz am awaere we have different cut of marks for different states.

u are the one confused. he is saying that far more positions have still not yet been filled up so no need for anyones sack yet.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Appointments To Be Balanced In The Long Run–femi Adesina Replies Critic by BMedia: 2:20pm On Aug 28, 2015
All we are concerned with is PERFORMANCE.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Appointments To Be Balanced In The Long Run–femi Adesina Replies Critic by Sweetcollins: 2:20pm On Aug 28, 2015
Hope so...cos Mehn they boil here o
Re: Buhari’s Appointments To Be Balanced In The Long Run–femi Adesina Replies Critic by omenka(m): 2:21pm On Aug 28, 2015
Free these guys to keep spitting trash. One thing I love about this amiable General- he is a stoic valiant whose refused to be distracted by all these needless wailings.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sallah: Fayose Distributes Rams To Muslims, Urges Them To Pray For Nigeria / Aham Okorocha Pictured With Olusegun Obasanjo / Ojema Ojetu Sponsors Bill Seeking To Stop NW, SS, SW From Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.