Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,759 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 (32173 Views)

Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree / For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! / 3rd Class Degree, Or No Degree At All: Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 15, 2013
olaheavy1:
Walahi, I blame Wole Soyinka for all this. Had it been that he never bothered to take the bullet for these ungrateful Easterners we would not be witnessing this charade. Wole Soyinka was jailed for life because he sided with the Biafran cannibals at the expense of his own Yoruba people. He solicited and advocated for this dunce of a president (the gorilla-looking, fedora-wearing retardeen) when the Northerners shut him out during and after Yaradua's saga). He even attended the burial of the hellish and satanic Ojukwu. Also, he sided with the smelly Patience Jonathan when she was appointed perm. Sec in Bayelsa, and the same fecal-filled, piggish and foul smelling hippopotamus is now disrespecting him. I even heard from the grapevine that his current wife is from the East (Niger Deltan or some sh!!t like that). Argh! I really blame you, Wole Soyinka. As you can see, the majority of the unfortunate morons cursing, ridiculing, and maligning you are the Easterners. You're just like the foolish Michael Jackson who struggled for so long to be loved by the whiteys of this world, but his love for them eventually became his undoing. Maybe this time around you will have learned your lesson - stop shielding the Easterners, they're not worthy of your time. The fact that you were the one that got the Nobel Prize instead of their over-hyped Achebe (who wrote solely for little children) turned them against you. It will remain that way till eternity- there's nothing you or anyone can do about it - those Eastern folks are unrepentant kafirs, so leave them alone.
stop playing d victim card,my friend.

If he were content with d politically driven nobel, y was he crying when Achebe was pronounced d father of modern African literature?
Re: I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 by matrixme(m): 10:41pm On Jul 15, 2013
If Soyinka truly graduated with a Second class upper certificate, then it shows that many of the popular notions we've had concerning issues in this country is quite a misconception. I am quite shocked to learn about this, henceforth, I would never believe any popular opinion spreading around this country again till there is a concrete proof for such. It is dangerous to do so!

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 by afinic001(m): 12:03am On Jul 16, 2013
sholay2011:
Bro, your post reeks of low IQ. No insult intended but ur 'intelligence' needs questioning.

Seconded!
Re: I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 by dam4sam: 12:14am On Jul 16, 2013
la_unique: And so what? Prof let me bring primary school algebra for you and see how well you will do with it. Intelligence is not all about speaking big grammar, it's an all-round thing

So you actually believe that someone who graduated from University of those days (not the cheat, cash-and-carry degrees of today's youths), with a 2^1 Degree ..... cannot solve a Pry 3 algebra, right?

Is that a reflection of the paucity of your own personality?
Look in the mirror, you might just see yourself.

Mtcheew
Re: I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 by rafcrown(m): 3:28am On Jul 16, 2013
WHAT OF MADAM?
Re: I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 by mufex(m): 8:10am On Jul 16, 2013
It doesnt matter what he graduated with..the man is a great man. Africa is the only part of world they place a lot of emphasis to degree..abstract knowledge...and little emphasis on the real knowledge.the greatest writer ever, shakespeare never went to a university...greatest musician john lennon was a dropout. Abraham lincoln, thomas edison, disney...wright brothers, king sunny ade, edward albee. None of these people went to university. University is just a place they teach you a lot of things you dont need... Lot of crap. They don't teach you how to be rich, how to be happy. We need creative minds and not stupid degrees. We have a lot of graduates and Nigeria is still in a mess.
Re: I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 by IYANGBALI: 1:09pm On Jul 16, 2013
la_unique: And so what? Prof let me bring primary school algebra for you and see how well you will do with it. Intelligence is not all about speaking big grammar, it's an all-round thing
shut up fooooool
Re: I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 by SterlingTowers(m): 4:31pm On Jul 16, 2013
rozayx5: Soyinka is dragging his name in the mud, he should just stick to what he knows best (being a pirate) undecided undecided

Soyinka has said it over and over that Fraternity is a collegiate culture that Nigeria Universities must have and being a pioneer of a registered fraternity that spoilt brats made crooked and criminalised does not diminish the egg head so lets stop peddling ignorance and shut up already. Another analogy God created Lucifer not Satan!
Re: I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 16, 2013
@Usminous, o boy, if i had said how does soyinka being graduated with 2:1 or 3:0 change the price of garri or kerosine in the mrkt, it was for the good of riff-raffs like u and never for make sake. I was just being a philantropist there. Thank me next time and not insulting cos i can cater for ur entire local govt.
Re: I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 by MercyLady(f): 5:08am On Jun 04, 2015
Hi, i would like to know. Why do people look down or hate on first class graduates?
Sometimes, it is almost incomprehensible that the next person beside you or a neighbor is rating you down because you are a first class.
Even worse if you are a private university graduate.
Most people quickly point out practical skills as if it can't be acquired by any first class student.
We all know the good guys acquire special stills outside the classroom - which is not restricted graduates without first class.
They can't just believe you can graduate with a first class and also be practically equipped easily.
I believe first class students / graduates are not robots that can be evaluated within a short minute or just by observation.
Meanwhile, with the backing of good role models, personal development, financial support from loved ones, etc. a first class may also be the best candidate for a job both in terms of practical skills or whatever condition expected.
I have seen people who said and wrote that they intentionally doesn't want a first class grade.
I also believe the quality of education system should be reflected in the grades of the student.
In most of the top universities in the world, a high percentage of students gets good grades, distinction because all the things required to achieve that are effective and well utilized and organized.
Bad grades should not depict good quality but a questionable one.
Guys what do you think about this ?
Re: I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 by XAUBulls: 12:06am On Apr 11, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Can He Study With This JAMB Score? / 10 Mistakes That Can Cost You First Class Degree / Nasarawa State University Final Year Student Dies In A Ghastly Motor Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.