Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,826 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

Pilots Run Out Of Fuel, Pray, Land Near Jesus Sign - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pilots Run Out Of Fuel, Pray, Land Near Jesus Sign (834 Views)

Why Do Christians Pray Aggressively & Shout Louder Amen At The Mention Of Money? / Amazing Accounts Of Near-death Experiences / Christ Embassy,a Sin Infested Organization,not A Church: Run Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pilots Run Out Of Fuel, Pray, Land Near Jesus Sign by youngies(m): 11:24am On May 22, 2008
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - It seemed like an almost literal answer to their prayers. When two New Zealand pilots ran out of fuel in a microlight airplane they offered prayers and were able to make an emergency landing in a field — coming to rest right next to a sign reading, "Jesus is Lord."

Grant Stubbs and Owen Wilson, both from the town of Blenheim on the country's South Island, were flying up the sloping valley of Pelorus Sound when the engine spluttered, coughed and died.

"My friend and I are both Christians so our immediate reaction in a life-threatening situation was to ask for God's help," Stubbs told The Associated Press on Wednesday.

He said he prayed during the ill-fated flight Sunday that the tiny craft would get over the top of a ridge and that they would find a landing site that was not too steep — or in the nearby sea.

Wilson said that the pair would have been in deep trouble if the fuel had run out five minutes earlier.

"If it had to run out, that was the place to be," he said. "There was an instantaneous answer to prayer as we crossed the ridge and there was an airfield — I didn't know it existed till then."

After Wilson glided the powerless craft to a landing on the grassy strip, the pair noticed they were beside a 20-foot-tall sign that read, "Jesus is Lord — The Bible."

"When we saw that, we started laughing," Stubbs said.

Nearby residents provided them with gas to fly the home-built plane back to base.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080521/ap_on_fe_st/odd_flight_prayer
Re: Pilots Run Out Of Fuel, Pray, Land Near Jesus Sign by Nobody: 11:54am On May 22, 2008
God is wonderful
Re: Pilots Run Out Of Fuel, Pray, Land Near Jesus Sign by youngies(m): 11:55am On May 22, 2008
Yes, He certainly is.
Re: Pilots Run Out Of Fuel, Pray, Land Near Jesus Sign by welli(f): 1:25pm On May 22, 2008
what a God we have.it beats me dat pple still doubt his existence.praised be ur name lord!
Re: Pilots Run Out Of Fuel, Pray, Land Near Jesus Sign by cgift(m): 7:22pm On May 22, 2008
When a man is chosen of God, let him deny His existence from now till tomorrow. when God finally gets set to catch the man, there is no hiding place. Leave all those who deny His existence, there are thousands of them that were once like that but when God dealt with them and sought after them, they knew it was a serious matter. Time will certainly tell.
Re: Pilots Run Out Of Fuel, Pray, Land Near Jesus Sign by youngies(m): 1:24pm On May 23, 2008
After Wilson glided the powerless craft to a landing on the grassy strip, the pair noticed they were beside a 20-foot-tall sign that read, "Jesus is Lord — The Bible."

"When we saw that, we started laughing," Stubbs said.

It seems to me that even the guys took the encounter for granted and never knew how Jesus snatch them away from the jaws of death
Re: Pilots Run Out Of Fuel, Pray, Land Near Jesus Sign by Revive(f): 3:23pm On May 23, 2008
Sure ' Jesus is Lord '. Praise be his holy name
Re: Pilots Run Out Of Fuel, Pray, Land Near Jesus Sign by olabowale(m): 4:20pm On May 23, 2008
Oh you gullible souls! You think a common sign had anything to do with this? I wonder why the thief that was hanged with "Jesus," died and "Jesus" did not save him? At least he should have done a last one for the road miracle with the thief that believed him, right? You people are almost behaving like cultists. And those Christians who died were allowed to die by Jesus, uh?

And according to your Bible, Jesus could not even save his own soul, even as he begged in his prayer for this "Cup" to be removed from his head. Think people! Don't go about the places blind.
Re: Pilots Run Out Of Fuel, Pray, Land Near Jesus Sign by TayoD1(m): 4:51pm On May 23, 2008
@olabowale,

Oh you gullible souls! You think a common sign had anything to do with this? I wonder why the thief that was hanged with "Jesus," died and "Jesus" did not save him? At least he should have done a last one for the road miracle with the thief that believed him, right? You people are almost behaving like cultists. And those Christians who died were allowed to die by Jesus, uh?
When you were reading your Bible, did you miss the part where Jesus told the thief: "today, you will be with me in paradise?" Not even your Prophet or your a-llah could make such a promise to anyone. If anything, your Prophet was not sure if he would wound up in hell or not. Infact, is it not an irrevocable decree by your lord that you will pass through hell? 

And according to your Bible, Jesus could not even save his own soul, even as he begged in his prayer for this "Cup" to be removed from his head. Think people! Don't go about the places blind.
Did you miss the portion where Jesus aslo said the following in John 10:17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. 18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father. Your prophet on the other hand was killed by a Jewess. No wonder you guys hate their guts.
Re: Pilots Run Out Of Fuel, Pray, Land Near Jesus Sign by 4Him1(m): 5:08pm On May 23, 2008
olabowale:

I know why such a miracle pains you to the marrows. You've never heard of a mu'slim prayer being answered before,

Alhaji dear, our God is ALIVE!
Re: Pilots Run Out Of Fuel, Pray, Land Near Jesus Sign by welli(f): 5:09pm On May 23, 2008
@ tayo,u ve said it all.thnks brother! i couldn't ve replied betta
Re: Pilots Run Out Of Fuel, Pray, Land Near Jesus Sign by welli(f): 5:11pm On May 23, 2008
4 Him:

I know why such a miracle pains you to the marrows. You've never heard of a mu'slim prayer being answered before,

Alhaji dear, our God is ALIVE

SURE HE IS ND NOT EVEN PPLE LIKE OLA. . . CAN CHANGE DAT.

@ OLA . . D EARLIER You CHANGE UR MENTALITY ABT OUR GOD,D BETTA.GOD IS REAL
Re: Pilots Run Out Of Fuel, Pray, Land Near Jesus Sign by chejohn: 5:18pm On May 23, 2008
hello all!
Re: Pilots Run Out Of Fuel, Pray, Land Near Jesus Sign by olabowale(m): 5:32pm On May 23, 2008
@Davidylan: lol.

Alhaji dear, our God is ALIVE!
Your god died. You know he flipped flooped, right?

Now my prayers are answered daily. And I will prove it to you this weekend. Watch. lol.

@Welli: I know the God who is not the dying god. That Almighty God is Who I worship. And I am the first in my home in Manhattan to be a Mus.l.im. How do you like that?
Re: Pilots Run Out Of Fuel, Pray, Land Near Jesus Sign by TayoD1(m): 5:42pm On May 23, 2008
@olabowale,

Your god died. You know he flipped flooped, right?
It takes a level of dishonesty to declare that Christians believe that God in His deity died. Times over on this forum, people have declared to you the dual nature of the persona we call Jesus Christ. Indeed he died in His humanity, but never died in his deity.

As Jesus said Himself, He gave up His life, and He took it up again Himself. There is the humanity and the deity aspect which will have to be identified and distinguished if you truly intend to understand God's greatness and humility as exemplified in Jesus who is called the Christ.
Re: Pilots Run Out Of Fuel, Pray, Land Near Jesus Sign by welli(f): 6:06pm On May 23, 2008
olabowale:

@Davidylan: lol.Your god died. You know he flipped flooped, right?

Now my prayers are answered daily. And I will prove it to you this weekend. Watch. lol.

@welli: I know the God who is not the dying god. That Almighty God is Who I worship. And I am the first in my home in Manhattan to be a Mus.l.im. How do you like that?

broda,wateva rocks ur boat.u ve a choice to choose who u wil serve but i can tell you bodly dat der's only one GOD.everyoda is a "god".it pays to follow d GOD.love to you as you tink on dis
Re: Pilots Run Out Of Fuel, Pray, Land Near Jesus Sign by PastorAIO: 6:37pm On May 23, 2008
welli:

@ OLA . . D EARLY You CHANGE UR MENTALITY ABT OUR GOD,D BETTA.GOD IS REAL

From what little I know of human psychology I do not expect Olabowale to change his mentality after reading this. Why? Because humans don't like being challenged like that. Even if he did see your point he would consider it a loss of face to concede.

I also think that if you mean well in trying to explain to him christianity that you could adopt a less adversarial tone. This is not about who wins, or one up manship. This is about truth and salvation.
Re: Pilots Run Out Of Fuel, Pray, Land Near Jesus Sign by cgift(m): 8:07pm On May 23, 2008
Pastor AIO:

From what little I know of human psychology I do not expect Olabowale to change his mentality after reading this. Why? Because humans don't like being challenged like that. Even if he did see your point he would consider it a loss of face to concede.

I also think that if you mean well in trying to explain to him christianity that you could adopt a less adversarial tone. This is not about who wins, or one up manship. This is about truth and salvation.

Point!
Re: Pilots Run Out Of Fuel, Pray, Land Near Jesus Sign by elizabetta(f): 3:30pm On May 24, 2008
May JESUS be praised forever.
Re: Pilots Run Out Of Fuel, Pray, Land Near Jesus Sign by olabowale(m): 6:30pm On May 24, 2008
@ Pastor AIO: Welcome, man.

I guess that every airplane accident that were averted without the picture or the name of Jesus will also be attributed to Jesus, then? If you can not make such a claim, then, the role of Jesus in the safe landing of a plane near the moral/painting of "Jesus" (and when we say that you are idol worshippers, there is that uproar against us! Is picture not an image making? Was camera available before or during the life of Jesus?), is Zero! It has been proven that the mere arrest of Jesus, according to the Bible was something Jesus did not want. And a proof was that he prayed against it. And his death was also something he did not acept willingly, as a sacrificial lamb. No sir. You know ita nd I also know it from your Bible that he lamented that he was not saved! How then that he could not save his own life and you are saying that he saved others?

How many a people have perished calling Jesus names and the result was the same as if they never called him? How many were saved who would not mention Jesus names except as a prophet, like any other prophets? Couldn't have been just that God the Almighty has not willed the souls of these people to be returned to Him, that He allowed them to live another Days? Who is the One that can really save a soul, Jesus or the One that Jesus cried up to? The One that Jesus cried up to is the One that I worship!

Pastor, now apply truth and salvation to your life. Who is the truth; Jesus or the God who sent Jesus? Who is the possessor of salvation; Jesus or the God that sent Jesus? Pastor hang around me for a while. InshaAllah the words of god will affect your heart. The only reason that you christians hang on a hope in a person who can not even save himself, according to your Bible narative, is because you are not capable of accepting responsibility for your own deeds. Please remember that it is the Christians who will go to Jesus in the day of Judgement and they will be surprised when he shunned them. This is according to your Bible. The M.u.sl.ims for sure are not the people who the Bible ascribes this seeking saviour relationship from Jesus to! Please let us all use our marbles/macaronis/scrambled eggs.
Re: Pilots Run Out Of Fuel, Pray, Land Near Jesus Sign by syrup(f): 6:40pm On May 24, 2008
@Olabowale,

olabowale:

and when we say that you are idol worshippers, there is that uproar against us!

It's fascinating that you so love to point accusing fingers at others while you suffer chronically from the very same thing you accuse others of! It was not too long ago (if I remember clearly) that the idolatry in your religion was pointed out. What caught my interest was to see how logically you could defend what was posted for your consideration.

olabowale:

Is picture not an image making? Was camera available before or during the life of Jesus?

There are more ways of making a "picture" than only by CAMERA. Hint: painting and graphic arts. However, I don't see where anyone was claiming that the photopgraph of Jesus was a result of the click of cameras! undecided
Re: Pilots Run Out Of Fuel, Pray, Land Near Jesus Sign by olabowale(m): 7:15pm On May 24, 2008
@Syrup: Please tell me with certain clarity, not the usual inuendos, how I.s.lam is idolatry? Remember i have made salah in a church in Manhattan. Yet my salah is acceptable, InshaAllah.

Further, could you tell me if there is a record that a mere rendering, sketching, painting or photographing of jesus was every made. If there is and Jesus knew of it, would you summise that he would not have destroyed it based on the hot temperament that is recorded for him, about pople who do evil? We will need to remember that he overturned the table of the exchangers even in the visinity (plaza) of the temple. Or would not the picturing/muralling or any of the image making not against one of the ten commandments?

Syrup, just the way that the christians level accusations and do not provide evidences could not be deemed acceptable by fair minded people. That is if there is one. But God Almighty is enough as a Witness of His truth, which He sent each prophet with.
Re: Pilots Run Out Of Fuel, Pray, Land Near Jesus Sign by syrup(f): 7:50pm On May 24, 2008
Hi again Olabowale,

olabowale:

@Syrup: Please tell me with certain clarity, not the usual inuendos, how I.s.lam is idolatry? Remember i have made salah in a church in Manhattan. Yet my salah is acceptable, InshaAllah.

Let me first make something clear to you: I am not the sort of person who recycles endless arguements, so please leave out your recycling. This very issue has been well discussed, and like I said earlier, I waited endlessly to see how you could ratonally defend what was posted for your consideration - alas! nothing was forthcoming from you.

Secondly, I took some time to search for the relevant thread where answers to your question were given. Please consider the following:

(a) https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-96254.0.html#msg1717749

(b) https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-96254.0.html#msg1717750

(c) https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-96254.0.html#msg1717751

(d) https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-96254.0.html#msg1717752

(e) https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-96254.0.html#msg1717757

After (e) above, I waited to see how you addressed the question posed to you, but although I was coming back several times to see if you had responded reasonably, I could not see how you posted a response to what you had raised.

That is the reason why I was persuaded to feel that so many people are fond on this forum to be recycling issues and presenting them as "new" topics. If you visit those links and have something worthwhile about the question of idolatry being practiced by many Mus.lims, I'd be glad to see it.

olabowale:

Further, could you tell me if there is a record that a mere rendering, sketching, painting or photographing of jesus was every made. If there is and Jesus knew of it, would you summise that he would not have destroyed it based on the hot temperament that is recorded for him, about pople who do evil?

Two things here:

(a) is there a record o a sketch of Jesus?
Ans: I am not aware of any such

(b) if there ever was, and He knew of it, would He not have destroyed it based on a supposed "hot temperament"?
The question is unfortnuately skewed. WHY? Because Jesus was not recorded as having a hot temperament on those who did evil. Example - the woman caught in adultery was indeed an evil thing. What was Jesus' reaction - destroy the woman?

I think when you make assumptions, it would help to drop sentiments and be honest and simple. These are values I aprreciate deeply.

But I should make another point here: Christianity is NOT Isla.m - and we know what Isla.m teaches about such matters of pictures. Christianity does not teach that any artist or painter would go to Hell - but I know how many Mus.lims have shown me records of Mu.hammad's teaching that artists and painters will go to Hell.

olabowale:

We will need to remember that he overturned the table of the exchangers even in the visinity (plaza) of the temple. Or would not the picturing/muralling or any of the image making not against one of the ten commandments?

The reason why Jesus overturned tables was clear - those who were buying and selling in the Temple had turned worship into a robbery - please read it for yourself (Matthew 21:13). I don't see how that should now be stretched to include destroying paintings that had nothing to do with your assumptions.

olabowale:

Syrup, just the way that the christians level accusations and do not provide evidences could not be deemed acceptable by fair minded people. That is if there is one. But God Almighty is enough as a Witness of His truth, which He sent each prophet with.

That is why I am seeking for clear facts - especially facts in your presumptions. What I read quite often are glib statements. For example, where is it recorded that Jesus would have destroyed pictures? Any hard facts or pointers beyond your mere assumptions and presumptions?
Re: Pilots Run Out Of Fuel, Pray, Land Near Jesus Sign by olabowale(m): 3:27am On May 25, 2008
@Syrup:

Let me first make something clear to you: I am not the sort of person who recycles endless arguements, so please leave out your recycling. This very issue has been well discussed, and like I said earlier, I waited endlessly to see how you could ratonally defend what was posted for your consideration - alas! nothing was forthcoming from you.

Secondly, I took some time to search for the relevant thread where answers to your question were given. Please consider the following:

(a) https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-96254.0.html#msg1717749

(b) https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-96254.0.html#msg1717750

(c) https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-96254.0.html#msg1717751

(d) https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-96254.0.html#msg1717752

(e) https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-96254.0.html#msg1717757

After (e) above, I waited to see how you addressed the question posed to you, but although I was coming back several times to see if you had responded reasonably, I could not see how you posted a response to what you had raised.

That is the reason why I was persuaded to feel that so many people are fond on this forum to be recycling issues and presenting them as "new" topics. If you visit those links and have something worthwhile about the question of idolatry being practiced by many Mus.lims, I'd be glad to see it.

You will notice that I did not make any entry around thsi time. I was travelling on a journey. And I do not live on Nairaland. As I read what Pilgrim wrote, I can simply state that she was not far from the truth, in that she stated that the mu.sli.ms deviated from what the prophets said. Further, the prophet (as) confirmed that many m.usl.ims will go to hellfire. 72 different sects of m.u.slim.s will. Only 1 sect will not enter hell, while all the sects of christianity, Jews and all the others will all enter hellfire. Your acciusation is completely baseless. I might have disgreed with Pilgrim in her choice of religion, however she was right because she showed some mu.sl.ims who are practicing what the prophet warned against.

[Quote]
Two things here:

(a) is there a record o a sketch of Jesus?
Ans: I am not aware of any such

(b) if there ever was, and He knew of it, would He not have destroyed it based on a supposed "hot temperament"?
The question is unfortnuately skewed. WHY? Because Jesus was not recorded as having a hot temperament on those who did evil. Example - the woman caught in adultery was indeed an evil thing. What was Jesus' reaction - destroy the woman?
[/quote]

I guess the overturning of tables of the money changers is with love and sign of endearment and not in anger! Yo simply cherry pick whereever you will. And the crucifix, crosses and the pictures in churches in Ethipia as recorded in Pilgrim's 2006 posting are not signs of pictures and idols/graven images, uh? Please lady, lets be honest here.

I think when you make assumptions, it would help to drop sentiments and be honest and simple. These are values I aprreciate deeply.

Then practice what you preach.

But I should make another point here: Christianity is NOT Isla.m - and we know what Isla.m teaches about such matters of pictures. Christianity does not teach that any artist or painter would go to Hell - but I know how many Mus.lims have shown me records of Mu.hammad's teaching that artists and painters will go to Hell.

Syrup, I think we need to drop all the facade. However, I have to point to you that all mankind will be judged by God, using the same exact yardstick. Those who believe Him, those who do not, be they M.us.lim or not will be judged as human being and not like animals. The M.usl.ims will be judged differently from the others. Please bear that in mind.

[Quote]
The reason why Jesus overturned tables was clear - those who were buying and selling in the Temple had turned worship into a robbery - please read it for yourself (Matthew 21:13). I don't see how that should now be stretched to include destroying paintings that had nothing to do with your assumptions.
[/quote]

Worship into robbery? How, except that they were charging interest or short cahnging the customers? Now was it not part of the 10 commandments that there should not be a graven image made or worship? Tell me what do the christians do with the cross or the paintings in the churches, now? I am not going to even talk about the statue of Mary with the catholics. And i do have respect for the catholics more than the proptestants. Well I will not even talk about the celestial and the CAC, etc of Nigeria.

[Quote]
That is why I am seeking for clear facts - especially facts in your presumptions. What I read quite often are glib statements. For example, where is it recorded that Jesus would have destroyed pictures? Any hard facts or pointers beyond your mere assumptions and presumptions?
[/quote]
From the way Jesus overturned the table of the money changers, it is very clear that if he saw a single imagery of him, he would have torned or destroyed it. Or is thou shall not make or worship a graven image not part of the 10 commandments? You will now have to present a possible argument to go against my aso called assumptions and presumptions.
Re: Pilots Run Out Of Fuel, Pray, Land Near Jesus Sign by syrup(f): 8:16am On May 25, 2008
@Olabowale,

olabowale:

@Syrup:
You will notice that I did not make any entry around thsi time. I was travelling on a journey. And I do not live on Nairaland.

That's why I was disappointed that you could not answer to your own questions initially posted that prompted her to give you that very enlightened and detailed response. You could not have been travelling on a journey for months - that's why I safely surmized that you had no answers to offer to your initial assertions.

olabowale:
As I read what Pilgrim wrote, I can simply state that she was not far from the truth, in that she stated that the mu.sli.ms deviated from what the prophets said.

Now this is very interesting. If indeed what she said was true (which was another reason why I was prompted to read the Qur''an for myself), then why would mus.lims have assumed initially that no such thing was occuring?

Another thing is that, since you have ascertained that mus.lims deviated from the prophets' teachings, why then are mus.lims always seeking to deride Christians for the same things that they are hugely guilty of? To look away from what mus.lims are guilty of and pretend it does not exist, is to play the same mind-games that falsify your many assertions. If we all learn to be humble enough to refrain from making statements that we are guilty of in ourselves, we would indeed see more clearly to take care of our own internal struggles - something which I do not find an easy feat among many mus.lims I've discussed with.

olabowale:
Further, the prophet (as) confirmed that many m.usl.ims will go to hellfire. 72 different sects of m.u.slim.s will. Only 1 sect will not enter hell, while all the sects of christianity, Jews and all the others will all enter hellfire.

What the 'prophet' said has no bearing on what other prophets have taught. At best, it is only a self-proposed theory to placate the consciences of mus.lims, because it gives them the very ingredient to be virulently disenchanted against Christians and Jews to this very day! All 73 sects of Islam are guilty of the same thing you are seeking to excuse here; and Jesus never taught that any Christian would go to hellfire. On the contrary, He asserted that those who believed on Him and keep His word would enter into His Father's house (see John 14).

What is even more interesting is that I was amazed to discover that the Qur''an indeed confirms that Christians who obey the Gospel of Jesus Christ have nothing to fear - rather, to abandon that very Gospel and seek something else is to plot one's own ruin. May I remind you that the "Gospel" is precisely the very thing that we as Christians hold concretely unto, while mus.lims are desperately seeking to cut corners in denying the same?

olabowale:

Your acciusation is completely baseless. I might have disgreed with Pilgrim in her choice of religion, however she was right because she showed some mu.sl.ims who are practicing what the prophet warned against.

How then were my points "baseless"? You confidently posed a banner to the effect that mus.lims could not be guilty of such things - and she detailed the evidence that they actually are! Now you agree the point was made, so what is baseless there?

This is why I often say that you really have nothing worthwhile to say. But, of course, for the love of just wanting to argue (even to your own detriment), you must fill pages with empty words.
Re: Pilots Run Out Of Fuel, Pray, Land Near Jesus Sign by syrup(f): 8:53am On May 25, 2008
olabowale:

I guess the overturning of tables of the money changers is with love and sign of endearment and not in anger! Yo simply cherry pick whereever you will.

That has no bearing with your visage of a "hot-temperamental" Jesus. Did you even read what the verse I offered? To those who did evil (your argument), what was Jesus' reaction (I gave you a specific example)?

olabowale:

And the crucifix, crosses and the pictures in churches in Ethipia as recorded in Pilgrim's 2006 posting are not signs of pictures and idols/graven images, uh? Please lady, lets be honest here.

Your call for honesty is a farce. As far as I know, she has argued with Catholics that such things are contrary to Biblical doctrines - she did not pretend that such things were not evident among many, just as you initially pretended that mus.lims could not have been practising the things she exposed.

olabowale:

Then practice what you preach.

No need to get personal - I have always done so.

olabowale:

Syrup, I think we need to drop all the facade. However, I have to point to you that all mankind will be judged by God, using the same exact yardstick. Those who believe Him, those who do not, be they M.us.lim or not will be judged as human being and not like animals. The M.usl.ims will be judged differently from the others. Please bear that in mind.

You are funny - and I've often enjoyed that! cheesy  Listen carefully, Olabowale - you have again contradicted yourself above. If mankind will be judged by the "same exact yardstick", how come you posit that Mus.lims will judged "differently"? What is the correlation between "same exact" and then "differently"? Are mus.lims not part of mankind who will be judged by the "same exact" yardstick? Phew!

olabowale:

Worship into robbery? How, except that they were charging interest or short cahnging the customers?

Did you even read the text? He said: "but ye have made it a den of thieves" (Matt. 21:13). The Law does not establish the merchandise you seek in that passage - if it did, please quote it.

olabowale:

Now was it not part of the 10 commandments that there should not be a graven image made or worship? Tell me what do the christians do with the cross or the paintings in the churches, now?

See the case of Catholic worship hinted above - does that make Jesus into a "hot temperamental" Person? If Is.lam hates pictures, is that what you find in Christianity? I've opined earlier that they are not the same; so please refrain from this futile exercise to make them so.

olabowale:

I am not going to even talk about the statue of Mary with the catholics. And i do have respect for the catholics more than the proptestants. Well I will not even talk about the celestial and the CAC, etc of Nigeria.

What happened to the 72 sects of Is.lam? Pointing accusing fingers without looking into your own yard. . . that's called hypocrisy.

olabowale:

From the way Jesus overturned the table of the money changers, it is very clear that if he saw a single imagery of him, he would have torned or destroyed it.

Turning tables has nothing to do with hating artists and pictures - the very thing Is.lam teaches.

olabowale:

Or is thou shall not make or worship a graven image not part of the 10 commandments?

The 10 commandments on imagery simply states: "Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them" (see Exo. 20:4-5) It did not say: "whoever makes a picture will be punished on the Day of Resurrection" (see Sahih Bukhari, Book #54, Hadith #447).

What is the difference? The decalogue was referring to worship; the Hadith was an outrage against all artists even though they were not making those pictures for worship. For Is.lam to predicate a punishment on "whoever makes a picture" is irrational - and that is not what Jesus taught on any occasion.

olabowale:

You will now have to present a possible argument to go against my aso called assumptions and presumptions.

You assume so many things - as you did earlier on the idolatry among mus.lims (and thanks for acknowledging straight out that the detailed response in pilgrim's post are true). Please do not assume things just because you are disenchanted against "Christians" - it demonstrates undiluted hate for no other reason than your cultish loyalty. The same would be applicable to me - I never assume things simply because you're a mus.lim; which is why I ask that you drop your sentiments and be simple in stating facts and not fallacies (no matter how confidently you may hold those falacies).

Blessings.

(1) (Reply)

Frauds In Nld / Examination Malpractice-should This Discussion Be Held In The Religion Section? / Choose Between Money and Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.