Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Nigerian Jet For Malawian President - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Jet For Malawian President (22109 Views)

"Cameron Flew Commercial To China For £40B, 2016 PMB Flies Private Jet For $2b" / El-Rufai Arrives Bauchi In A Jet For Progressives Govs Forum..photos / New Boko Haram Video Mocks Nigeria Military With Downed Nigerian Jet Fighter Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Jet For Malawian President by Capnd143(m): 2:18pm On Jul 16, 2013
kraftykc:

My Lord Father almighty. Bros if you don't know it costs like 5000 - 6000 USD PER HOUR for those business jets. The CHEAP ones though! The maintenance allocated to the Presidential fleet was more than the Government allocated to the ENTIRE AVIATION MINISTRY so what are we saying?
well, bro sorry to say bt it seems u are the fool here. The maintainance of the jets is allocated already in the budget, so kini big deal? Its just the same as paying for guns and ammunitions, then using it when needed, using it doesnt incur any marginal cost u blantant ACN Programmed Attack dog
Re: Nigerian Jet For Malawian President by kaycrystal(m): 2:18pm On Jul 16, 2013
Capnd143: Why critizes evri tin about Gej? Does it cost the country up to 500,000 naira to transport her down here? Is it nt just to fuel the jet and dispatch? Sha some nairalanders are pure illitrates

Seriously, there shd be a ban for stupidity on this forum

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Jet For Malawian President by lordnammy(m): 2:33pm On Jul 16, 2013
10 air crafts! hmmm! they should sale all and buy KEKE NAPEP that's what they deserve
Re: Nigerian Jet For Malawian President by supaeagles(m): 2:35pm On Jul 16, 2013
PointB: I concur!
that's what the 'like' feature is for so you do not have to quote the whole thing just to say those two words.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Jet For Malawian President by kemetic7(m): 3:02pm On Jul 16, 2013
Revolution all the way, that's the ONLY way out. I have been reading this post all morning trying to understand the rationale and thinking of my people, but can't find any meaningful logic behind this mess we are into.

sammoR, you hit it right on the head. Your comments are right on. When you are out with friends discussing about politics, stealing, misappropriations and corruption in this country, and start asking people, who are these menace, they mention just a handful. Guys lets wake up. We can get rid of all these nuisance, thieves, lawlessness, corrupt leaders and what have you, in a single day. If they hide in the cave, we can smoke them out. With technology they can’t hide.

Religion is killing us in this country. We cannot leave everything to God. Let’s get started before this country vanishes into thin air. Imagine, Giant of Africa - no steady power supply. It's a shame. 10 PAFs, there is no sense in keeping all this jets. We just going to stand and look. My brothers and sisters, there is no time to waist, let’s fight to finish. The end time is now for Nigerians except we do something. I think they should remove this country from the map of the world period so that we can start all over again. Let's go back to the basic.
Re: Nigerian Jet For Malawian President by CrimzP(m): 3:09pm On Jul 16, 2013
Our problem in this country is not only theft by our political class, but also high cost of governance. Until that stops, Nigeria can't move forward
Re: Nigerian Jet For Malawian President by Oildichotomy(m): 3:12pm On Jul 16, 2013
Someone should please tell me why I shouldn't regret being a "Nigerian".

I have to blame somebody for this problem called Nigeria that I find myself

I can't continue hearing things like this Lord---and still be so helpless

I'm so fed up with the situation that I know Nigeria is doomed -- No hope whatsoever

My Oil Money is a C+++[Curse, Corruption, Cluelessness] redefined

NiGeRia politicians across all strata -- [ E no go better for Una lineage ]
****************************PATHETIC*********
Re: Nigerian Jet For Malawian President by Oildichotomy(m): 3:17pm On Jul 16, 2013
supaeagles: that's what the 'like' feature is for so you do not have to quote the whole thing just to say those two words.
He just made you know he actually "liked" the statement-- At least the Like Feature doesn't tell who actually did like" your comment
****Free the guy abeg*** Nigeria problems should be in the frontburners please--- What's the way forward?
Re: Nigerian Jet For Malawian President by bakynes(m): 3:38pm On Jul 16, 2013
When I read the article from Punch, I felt like crying but why, this people are heartless human beings o am nt tribalistic bt I must say I hate this SS and SE folks here on Nairaland.Until they bankrupt this Nation that is when our eyes will clear.Majority of the country's budget is used to fund d welfare of the Nations leaders and the little left is used to run the affairs of the country.Must everything be attributed to Tinubu or Buhari, evry critics of Nigeria's most corrupt President GEJ is a member of the APC.I pity the future of this so called SS and SE brothers you are blinded by Ethnicity to actually see the truth and say it as it is.
Re: Nigerian Jet For Malawian President by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 16, 2013
Oildichotomy^:
Someone should please tell me why I shouldn't regret being a "Nigerian".

I have to blame somebody for this problem called Nigeria that I find myself

I can't continue hearing things like this Lord---and still be so helpless

I'm so fed up with the situation that I know Nigeria is doomed -- No hope whatsoever

My Oil Money is a C+++[Curse, Corruption, Cluelessness] redefined

NiGeRia politicians across all strata -- [ E no go better for Una lineage ]
****************************PATHETIC*********

Funny dude

Now that you found yrself in dis conundrum,what are u gonna do? Sulk? Hell no I beseech...

We all can deploy our holy anger against d so-called C+++ of our leaders to further push 4 true leadership via legitimate means

Am more than willing to be your comrade in that regards
Re: Nigerian Jet For Malawian President by jibsai(m): 4:15pm On Jul 16, 2013
ITbomb: Malawi just could not afford to keep the jets but Nigeria could
What is the essence of the African brotherhood if not to help one another .
That the government is spending excessively and the citizens lack to will to question or stop it should not be the fault of Jonathan.
The logic is this , if Nigerians cannot question their LGA Chairmen about the over N50m coming to council every months , why should they bother about how FG in far away Abuja is spending the free , unaccounted money

Pls List @least 3 LGAs collecting over 50million in nigeria?
Re: Nigerian Jet For Malawian President by adconline(m): 4:19pm On Jul 16, 2013
texaco1:
My brother I wonder oo,they want gej to start selling off the presidential jets .these are fg properties and they don't belong to gej,if anything it is the law makers that should scrutinise fg budget for these jet and make a drastic cut in it.gej is maintaining what he met ,yet if he starts selling them,nigerians will be the first to say he is selling them to his friends
He sold NEPA/PHCN and oil blocks, why can't he sell at least half?
Re: Nigerian Jet For Malawian President by chizel: 4:22pm On Jul 16, 2013
In as much as I don't support the presidency keeping 10 fleets of presidential jets,what have got to say about a man of God buying upto 4 private jets at the expense of his congregation?i hv never heard any of you talk about that.hypocrites
Re: Nigerian Jet For Malawian President by dare2think: 4:29pm On Jul 16, 2013
chizel: In as much as I don't support the presidency keeping 10 fleets of presidential jets,what have got to say about a man of God buying upto 4 private jets at the expense of his congregation?i hv never heard any of you talk about that.hypocrites

Then, it is safe to assume that you are new to this forum or it's intricacies!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Jet For Malawian President by shurlermoz(m): 4:53pm On Jul 16, 2013
Capnd143: well, bro sorry to say bt it seems u are the fool here. The maintainance of the jets is allocated already in the budget, so kini big deal? Its just the same as paying for guns and ammunitions, then using it when needed, using it doesnt incur any marginal cost u blantant ACN Programmed Attack dog

No, you are wrong there. Aircraft are always maintained and private jets pay for parking on a daily basis.
Financial irresponsibility is the least of what we need right now, government borrowing is growing daily, this should be condemned.
Re: Nigerian Jet For Malawian President by shurlermoz(m): 4:55pm On Jul 16, 2013
chizel: In as much as I don't support the presidency keeping 10 fleets of presidential jets,what have got to say about a man of God buying upto 4 private jets at the expense of his congregation?i hv never heard any of you talk about that.hypocrites

Going to worship there and/or contributing towards is church is a choice, on the other hand being a Nigerian is not a choice and whether U like it or not you contribute towards governments earnings so its quite different.
Re: Nigerian Jet For Malawian President by ITbomb(m): 4:58pm On Jul 16, 2013
jibsai:

Pls List @least 3 LGAs collecting over 50million in nigeria?
LGs in Rivers, Bayelsa and Akwa Ibom (that I know) especially those with oil collects more than 50m, If i get the particular newspaper from my archive where the allocation is listed i will scan it here
Re: Nigerian Jet For Malawian President by bakynes(m): 5:04pm On Jul 16, 2013

Where u in the jungle when pple so much critized d pastors purchasing Private jets.
Re: Nigerian Jet For Malawian President by austinkenneth: 5:10pm On Jul 16, 2013
I WISH ONE OF THE JETS WILL CRASH WHEN THE PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT THEM ARE IN IT.
Re: Nigerian Jet For Malawian President by texaco1: 5:19pm On Jul 16, 2013
austinkenneth: I WISH ONE OF THE JETS WILL CRASH WHEN THE PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT THEM ARE IN IT.
Instead of wishing it ,why don't you go and plant a bomb in it urself ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Jet For Malawian President by akandea(m): 7:31pm On Jul 16, 2013
Imagine the scenario
Dear!pls madam Banda Joyce will be delivering the keynote address in my program, I want you to help so that she can get here on time.
Reply; ok, who is there ehm tell one driver(pilot) to take one of the plane to Malawi to pick the guest so that she make the program in good time.
Haba!!!!!! I no know which one to do sef whether to laugh or be pissed but all I can say is I'm getting tired of the hopeless government. I wonder what their limit will be but I'm sure this will not be the last shock we will get. But GEJ no try at all!
Re: Nigerian Jet For Malawian President by Lordlexy: 7:48pm On Jul 16, 2013
Even if a man of God decide to buy 10 air crafts, is it your money or gov't money? Pls don't bring religion into politics that will derail this rather enlighting thread. Tank u.
Re: Nigerian Jet For Malawian President by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 16, 2013
LastApostle:
Intelligentia, what is it?

A flying saucer, No?, a hovercraft, No?, mechanical winged shuttle?

airforce 1 can be any plane . learn to read and research
Re: Nigerian Jet For Malawian President by oseo1(m): 9:18pm On Jul 16, 2013
Ok let's get a few things straight, the total fleet size of the presidential fleet is 9 that includes the 3 helicopters. 2 Falcon 900s a G iv and GII were sold.

Oh and just a side, the US air force one, (Boeing 757) costs about 180k per hour to operate, and that doesn't include the cost of the other planes(a passenger plane and a cargo plane) that fly with it on most trips.
Re: Nigerian Jet For Malawian President by texaco1: 9:22pm On Jul 16, 2013
ose_o: Ok let's get a few things straight, the total fleet size of the presidential fleet is 9 that includes the 3 helicopters. 2 Falcon 900s a G iv and GII were sold.

Oh and just a side, the US air force one, (Boeing 757) costs about 180k per hour to operate, and that doesn't include the cost of the other planes(a passenger plane and a cargo plane) that fly with it on most trips.
so why are people complaining ?nigerians grin
Re: Nigerian Jet For Malawian President by FindOut(m): 10:06pm On Jul 16, 2013
ose_o: Ok let's get a few things straight, the total fleet size of the presidential fleet is 9 that includes the 3 helicopters. 2 Falcon 900s a G iv and GII were sold.

When were they sold? Can you please tell us your source? The GEJ administration I know will scream to the high heavens if they do anything that could possibly save money (which hardly ever happens).

Secondly, I really hope you are not comparing Nigeria and the US when it comes to having cash to run their aircraft. Since you know about the US, can you please tell us how old the Airforce One is? And can you tell us how many planes are in the fleet? Also, did America's budget for maintaining presidential aircraft surpass by almost 80%, the budget of the entire police force?

Get yourself straight bro.
Re: Nigerian Jet For Malawian President by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jul 16, 2013
geeez: Trust me some people will come here and defend GEJ for wanting to buy more planes than the Malawian president has in her fleet of cars

The amount spent on the maintenance of these aircrafts can build a power plant for a community in a year

Not community oo..the whole country..
Re: Nigerian Jet For Malawian President by BlackBaron: 12:18am On Jul 17, 2013

5N-FGP Gulfstream IV was sold to Skybird air (now 5N-BOD)allegedly owned by Ali Modu Sheriff Former Governor Borno State ?
(2 Falcon 900)5N-FGE - (Already?) Passed to the Airforce as NAF 961 & 5N-FGO (now 5N-BOH ) Owner unknown.
Hawker 4000 5N-FGX replaced Hawker 800 5N-AGZ now 5N-BOO.

As far as I know the GII (5N-BGV) was sold as far back as 2009 to Rochas Foundation, then whatever happened to it after I don't know. End of the day, keeping such a large fleet of 11 aircraft is plain stupid and outrageous. We didn't know the Presidency ran their independent Private Airline.
Re: Nigerian Jet For Malawian President by Benspoon(m): 8:42am On Jul 17, 2013
Is it dat d president use 10 flight @ d same tym.... Dis is veri disheartening 2 knw
Re: Nigerian Jet For Malawian President by Skmoda360(m): 10:54am On Jul 17, 2013
Just LOOKING at all this happenings in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Jet For Malawian President by ewet: 2:27pm On Jul 17, 2013
We have bin scammed,thts the fressh air and transformation agenda you get for voting GEJ.I wish you goodluck till 2015 God help you all.
Re: Nigerian Jet For Malawian President by agamenon(m): 2:55pm On Jul 17, 2013
That is Why we are giant of Africa,pls GEJ keep it up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Olawale Oluwo, Ambode Commissioner Resigns From APC / Mother Of Jumoke, "Yoruba Nation" Rally Victim Gets Help From Sanwo-Olu / Despite Confirmation By PDP, Akwa Ibom Governor Denies SSS Invasion..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.