Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,617 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Iyabo Obansanjo Is Innocent - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iyabo Obansanjo Is Innocent (5204 Views)

Diezani Is Innocent: Lets Pray For Her / Kabiru Sokoto Claims He Is Innocent / Al-Mustapha Is Innocent - Fani Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iyabo Obansanjo Is Innocent by madamkoko: 2:35am On May 26, 2008
OBASANJO is a THIEF, LIKE FATHER LIKE DAUGHTER, sad angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Iyabo Obansanjo Is Innocent by MP007(m): 3:53am On May 26, 2008
To suggest that she is being prosecuted for the sins of her father is dispeakable and ridiculous, 10million naira on ".xxxx" trip to ghana? they spend cedi;s right?
Re: Iyabo Obansanjo Is Innocent by Suntemi(m): 8:38am On May 26, 2008
Anuli ph:

All i know is nothing is going to come out of this so called probe, abi trial. Look at Alams today. a free man. How can a thief hold another thief accountable?

I taught I was the only one reasoning this way.
Re: Iyabo Obansanjo Is Innocent by redsun(m): 9:18am On May 26, 2008
No amount fraud or guilt is small.Any public money spent that is not properly accounted for is fraudulent.

Be it the big thief,obj himself,ibb,or the so-called small thief,iyabo,they are all public servants and they are main to deliver,it is not a favor,but a task they owe the people.

That obj is not brought to book today is just a matter of time,either like it is coming out through his daughter or his great great grand children,the sins of the fathers visits the chldren.

They owe us,and we know them.
Re: Iyabo Obansanjo Is Innocent by Emad(f): 9:44am On May 26, 2008
we shd set an example on her No matter how smaljl she has stolen
so that her Father can see what will happen to him soon grin
Re: Iyabo Obansanjo Is Innocent by Jakumo(m): 10:02am On May 26, 2008
To ensure the administration of equitable justice, Iyabo ought to be set loose on any Nigerian street after all persons in the immediate vicinity have are duly notified that the fat cow being handed over to their custody had colluded with her dad to steal 16 billion US dollars that would have otherwise been utilized to revive Nigeria's long-dead electricity grid.

To gather her mortal remains after the administration of Nigerian street justice, a basket or garbage can will suffice.
Re: Iyabo Obansanjo Is Innocent by Zubik(m): 10:09am On May 26, 2008
But one thing That I fail to understand is the fact that we do not know what is going on in the house. We only digest the information that the press release to us. The BIG truth behind how our NAIRA Is being sheared and squandered by our leader is yet to be revealed. You and I know that Nigeria is loosing trillions of Naira to those at the corridors of power hence we should not vouch for any of the so called leaders both past and present much less defending them unless you are directly or indirectly involved in the shearing of National cake.

Re: Iyabo Obansanjo Is Innocent by uche1(m): 10:12am On May 26, 2008
If Ms Obasanjo-Bello is that innocent, why doesn't she visit the EFCC office and explain herself? Why is she in hiding? Chief Babalola has to offer Nigerians something in defense of his client. This young woman and her family members have treated our national treasury as their personal property. Chief Babalola should be well prepared with his team in defense of Iyabo's dad soon.
Re: Iyabo Obansanjo Is Innocent by Raimond(m): 10:19am On May 26, 2008
If Iyabo Obasanjo is innocent, then i`m a virgin.
Re: Iyabo Obansanjo Is Innocent by fyneguy: 11:10am On May 26, 2008
@Mamajama

First, no amount is too small for one to be labelled a thief. Go and steal N20 at Oshodi and get caught. You are not likely to come back here to share the experience.

Second, before she 'spent' the money, EFCC already informed her of the source. Hence, she was advised to return it.
Her counterpart in the house of reps returned his, thats why he's free today.

Iyabo went ahead and spent the money to possibly justify the receipt of the funds. She's ill-advised on this. So far she had fore-knowledge of the source before spending it, then she's a thief. I would be stunned if the court judges otherwise.

Let's wait and see.
Re: Iyabo Obansanjo Is Innocent by chiegemba(f): 11:38am On May 26, 2008
Innocent. . . Guilty. . . Obansanjo knows his next move sooo. . . . guess we need not break our heads over these wink
Re: Iyabo Obansanjo Is Innocent by PurestBoy(m): 11:48am On May 26, 2008
Can somebody help me check how much these crooks will need to go to Finland if they could spend N10 million to Ghana.
Re: Iyabo Obansanjo Is Innocent by amaikama(m): 12:04pm On May 26, 2008
Like father like daughter angry soon, we would see what part of Nigeria will be giving out to our neighboring country or which public hospital will be giving out to other African countries. angry

NONSENSE!!!! INNOCENT INDEED!!!!! angry sigh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Iyabo Obansanjo Is Innocent by oluwdashmi(f): 12:15pm On May 26, 2008
Why is this woman been persecuted for Ten Million Naira?

When will the OBJ bashers get real and stop bestowing the crime of the father on to the daughter?

She clearly said the money was spent on departmental trip to Ghana and yet people that stole Billions are living a lavish splendor.

If we Nigerians allow this woman to fall for this pessimistic stupid propaganda, then we are doomed forever

Iyabo's instrument welldone but sorry cos u failed the contract

Ten Million on departmental trip to Ghana when the masses they are representing are languishing in abject poverty. What is it they want to and have to learn from Ghana? And how much is air ticket to Ghana by the way, I think about N30,000 if 'am right. How many members are there in the Senate Committee on Health, assuming all of them went for the trip - Twelve altogether.

Senator Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello -Chairman
Senator Eme Ufot-Ekaette Member
Senator The Great Prophet I. Ahmed Member
Senator George Akume Member
Senator Adego E. Eferakeya Member
Senator Chris N. Anyanwu Member
Senator Olorunnimbe A Mamora Member
Senator Chimaroke Nnamani Member
Senator Umaru Dahiru Member
Senator Hassan M. Gusau Member
Senator Mujitaba M. Mallam Member
Senator Anthony G. Manzo Member

Now how much is return air ticket to Ghana? Let's assume N30,000 (Thirty thousand Naira only). Multiply this by the number of 12 members and it gives us N360,000 (Three hundred and sixty thousand naira only). That is not even up to half a million. So is anybody telling us they spent the remaining N9.6m (Nine Million, Six hundred Naira) on hotels and feeding?

Good talk. It is even more than N10m

Am suspecting a mis-appropriation relationship between iyabo and mamajama. May be she got a share of the money because I just don't why she is ardent supporter of the accused.She should tell her partner to face the EFCC and prove her innocence afterall her father founded EFCC.

Abi o, cos her father should have known that some day the efcc would be used against him and his family too.

Mamajama or whatever, go 4 another deal.

Re: Iyabo Obansanjo Is Innocent by abdurrazaq(m): 12:21pm On May 26, 2008
uche1:

If Ms Obasanjo-Bello is that innocent, why doesn't she visit the EFCC office and explain herself? Why is she in hiding? Chief Babalola has to offer Nigerians something in defense of his client. This young woman and her family members have treated our national treasury as their personal property. Chief Babalola should be well prepared with his team in defense of Iyabo's dad soon.

Well said.

If she is not guilty I wonder why she was on the run? I was even thinking she would not showed her face again.
Re: Iyabo Obansanjo Is Innocent by favcom(m): 12:22pm On May 26, 2008
Whoever sent this post has failed, your strategy is to polish the image of Iyabo Obasanjo but we are not gullible cool
Re: Iyabo Obansanjo Is Innocent by abdurrazaq(m): 12:23pm On May 26, 2008
If she is really innocent of the charges against her, I wonder why she was running.
Re: Iyabo Obansanjo Is Innocent by Suntemi(m): 1:02pm On May 26, 2008
Iyabo Obasanjo. As the name implies
Re: Iyabo Obansanjo Is Innocent by dee02(m): 1:18pm On May 26, 2008
Iyabo Obasanjo is a thieving two timing fraudster who should not only rot in jail but made to refund all the money she has stolen including all the dubious contracts she got through her father

And her father as well, the monster looking ex-useless dum-dum president should be set ablaze!
Things are worse for the average man in Nigeria today because of BABA SAKADELI's atrocious and corruption ridden 8 years in power

Have u guys wondered why so much trouble and scandal is afflicting them? they are paying the price and by God's grace they would be brought to full judgement either in this life or life after death!

GREEDY BASTARDS!!!
Re: Iyabo Obansanjo Is Innocent by favcom(m): 1:23pm On May 26, 2008
dee02:

GREEDY BASTARDS!!!

Hey dee! wink
Decorum pls, I know how u feel cool
Re: Iyabo Obansanjo Is Innocent by youngies(m): 1:24pm On May 26, 2008
@youngies  Let me take you back to law 101
No sir, I only need common sense to know what applies here and not a lecture on Law 101. I recommend you seek common sense also

If my brother went to a departmental store and stole a Big screen TV and posted it for sale at his local store.  A total stranger walked in and paid for the TV without any knowledge of how the store owner got the TV and was given a genuine receipt.

When katakata come start.  The purchaser was arrested for been an accessory to stolen goods; his picture was posted on all the media news paper as a thief.
Your analogy is wacky and twisted. You desprately tried but in vain to justify the shameful and dishonest act of someone who is supposed to be distinguished but prefered to be extinguished.

First, Iyabo did not buy anything unlike the stranger who bought the TV with reciept in utmost good faith. Iyabo accepted stolen money with both eyes widely open. That's why you crminally omitted a very important fact - which is that EFCC identified, shown and explained to Iyabo the criminal source of the N10m before she concorted the ghana trip. But instead of returning the loot to the source, she insisted on blowing the money.

Don't forget that the House committee chairman on Health returned theirs.

Do we the public have the right to condemn this individual as a thief in the court of public opinion without knowing all the details and facts of the case?
Yes the public has all the right to condem Iyabo or any other person for that matter in the court of public opinion with the limited information available to them. If people like you and Iyabo are worried about the verdict of the court of public opinion, then they should hastely pass the FOI bill, so that people can at all times make informed decisions based on facts and figures.

We are all entitled to our opinion, but I thing this woman is been persecuted for the crimes allegedly committed by her father
I really do not know you meant to achieve with this statement, to whip up sentiments? Again you failed.
Re: Iyabo Obansanjo Is Innocent by finguy(m): 1:24pm On May 26, 2008
@ jakumo and coolier, i believe coolier have given enough evidence and jakumo's sentence is the best. grin
you guys have won my heart with ur post, i go like know una.
cheers
Re: Iyabo Obansanjo Is Innocent by dee02(m): 1:35pm On May 26, 2008
favcom:

Hey dee! wink
Decorum please, I know how u feel cool

guy i vex jare! grin
Re: Iyabo Obansanjo Is Innocent by ubest1(m): 1:42pm On May 26, 2008
both the judges and iyabo, they are all arm robbers, criminals, they should all go and perish in hell
Re: Iyabo Obansanjo Is Innocent by otokx(m): 1:54pm On May 26, 2008
My dear its just unfortunate
Re: Iyabo Obansanjo Is Innocent by molulu(f): 2:17pm On May 26, 2008
Personally i don't care for the innocence or guilt of Iyabo because i know she can't be that innocent( remember the hospital contracts palaver). What really pisses me off is that this is just a cheap attempt to get at OBJ,what pisses me off the more is that the media is acting like it is filled with dunces allowing themselves to used in this political game. The issue here is that Obj stepped on some people's toes and he hurt them so much that even after he left office, their still out to get him. let us face the truth; the senate with all its probe committees is corrupt, OBJ was and is corrupt, Atiku is corrupt, Iyabo has skeletons in her cupboard, every other politician you here criticizing OBJ and his Family is corrupt with. exception of upright nigerians like Gani Fawehinmi and few others. Else, how come we don't here people clamouring and asking IBB what he did with the 12billion dollars excess crude revenue he recieved during his time or Abubakar Abdulsalam Abt the huge sums he packed in just over a year in power. Its just really sad that some people feel that it is worth it to play with the future, the resources, and intelligence of nigerians just so they can enjoy a game of witch-hunt. Our probes in nigeria are becoming incresingly similar to soap-operas, how disgusting!!!!
Re: Iyabo Obansanjo Is Innocent by mekk(m): 2:35pm On May 26, 2008
I do not think that this case is about persecution.Its about given a chance to defend oneself.Besides she should be responsible or accountable to what ever goes wrong or right in that ministry.that is the mandate that she swore to uphold before getting in to office.
If for any reason she is a suspect,is it the right thing to do running away?it wasn't going to solve anything. please when starting a new thread let's try as much as we can,not to be biased.she should've gone to answer for her crime earlier.full stop!
Re: Iyabo Obansanjo Is Innocent by Maxidoe(m): 3:05pm On May 26, 2008
dee02:

Iyabo Obasanjo is a thieving two timing fraudster who should not only rot in jail but made to refund all the money she has stolen including all the dubious contracts she got through her father

And her father as well, the monster looking ex-useless dum-dum president should be set ablaze!
Things are worse for the average man in Nigeria today because of BABA SAKADELI's atrocious and corruption ridden 8 years in power

Have u guys wondered why so much trouble and scandal is afflicting them? they are paying the price and by God's grace they would be brought to full judgement either in this life or life after death!

GREEDY BASTARDS!!!

Dude u hve said it all,what else can we say.

my question to her advovates and agents on nairaland are
Do you live outside the country?
Are you her relation beneficiary or friend?
Are you Joking?
If your answers to the above questions is No,then to be candid with you.Please i advise you SEE A DOCTOR,its for your own good.
Re: Iyabo Obansanjo Is Innocent by Wilmart(m): 4:40pm On May 26, 2008
Mamajama,Pls what criteria or parameters did you use to pronounce her innocent.She is damn guilty,why is she hiding in the first place,and running away from EFCC hammer.I am very sorry for this country,it is rotten with embezzlement everywhere,while the average Nigerians wallow in abject poverty,and we are just deceiving ourselves if we say we have law in this country,because very soon,she will definitely be discharged and acquitted.And this country,we dont have patriotic leaders,but rogues and thieves.Well i believe that what happened in Ghana some years back may repeat itself in this country with our Rogues Mafia who called themselves leaders before this country can develop,with the masses getting the dividends of democracy as expected.Hummmmmm, God help us.
Re: Iyabo Obansanjo Is Innocent by sage2(m): 4:56pm On May 26, 2008
Ten million naira from here to Ghana? Some trips could be expensive.
Anyways, when the kingdom of darkness is divided against itself, I don't take side. I am simply gonna watch the damn thing self-destruct.
Re: Iyabo Obansanjo Is Innocent by ralphyades: 6:25pm On May 26, 2008
Please how do I point my server to from www.sciencetimes.55uk.net to www.sciencetimes.com.ng?
Please its urgent. I dont mind sending something nice to whoever answers it.
Re: Iyabo Obansanjo Is Innocent by vislabraye(m): 6:34pm On May 26, 2008
I tire for Nigerians Oh. Some people are crying witch hunting and all sorts of sentiments. The truth is that if she is found guilty, why not face the law? From her body language it shows that she has something to hide. it may be that the sins of her father is catching up with her. Whatever the case maybe, let her prove her innocence. Obasanjo also witched hunted too

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian States Are All Broke / Senate Okays Life Sentence For Terrorists / Jonathan Visits IBB: Are Igbos Now Slaves To The Hausa Fulanis??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.