Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,919 members, 7,821,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos (36264 Views)

Ukwuani People Are Not Igbos. / Interesting Facts About The Urhobo People Of Delta State / So Yagba In Kogi State Are Yorubas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by Nobody: 8:46pm On Feb 26, 2015
macof:

Sorry it was a typo.

I meant the name "Aboh" is popular with Delta Igbo and Onitcha as surnames
if there are places called Aboh in other parts of igboland (like Tony has shown in Imo), it's likely that they were founded by migrants from the Aboh kingdom and the surrounding Igbo towns in Delta North

It is just not correct to imply that "Aboh" as a surname is a peculiarity of the 'Delta Igbo' and the Onitsha people. That name is a lot more widespread than you think. In some cases, admittedly, ( for example the riverain Anam communities in Anambra), the name is connected with Aboh, Delta State. The story is that these Anam communities being subjected to Aboh raids began giving their children names like Aboegbu (May Aboh not kill me) which, sometimes shortened as Aboh could survive as surnames today.

However, this etymology of 'Aboh' names does not apply in cases from the farther interior away from the Niger where Aboh exercised no influence. And I have encountered a fair number of 'Aboh' last names in this southeastern interior. (Note that 'Aboh' could also have a range of meanings in Igbo dialects, including 'basket'...so real argument cannot be made in support of the name being exclusively of Delta North origin.)

Is there the tiniest sliver of evidence that could be brought forward in support of the 'theory' that Aboh-Mbaise originated from Aboh in Delta? The dialects are worlds apart, the culture and the political organisation are very distinct. And most importantly, neither of the two communities have traditions of any contacts.

Traditions of the exploits of the Aboh Kingdom has been preserved. We know the people they had contacts with and influenced. Aboh-Mbaise was completely out of their field of operation.

I'll put the coincidence in name down to the fact that both Aboh and Aboh-Mbaise belong to the same linguistic community (Igbo/Igboid), and in a linguistic community it isn't strange if two unrelated places end up with the same name. (Cases in point: the various places with Agulu in their names scattered all over Enugu and Anambra; Nkwelle in Awka, Nkwelle-Ezunanka near Onitsha, Nkwerre in Imo State; Owerre/Owerri place names scattered all the way from Nsukka in northern Igboland to as far south as the Ngwa axis; etc etc.

3 Likes

Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by Nobody: 8:51pm On Feb 26, 2015
christopher123:

how do onitsha have ancestral link with anioma, which part of the onitsha and which part of anioma does onicha have the so called ancestoral link. please tell me. i am waiting

Bro, there is no doubt that Onitsha has kinship ties with the Umuezechime clan in Delta.

(Umuezechime in Delta includes some communities in Aniocha North: Isele-uku, Isele-Azagba, Isele-Mkpitime, Onicha-Ugbo, Onicha-Olona, etc)
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by bigfrancis21: 6:47am On Feb 27, 2015
Radoillo:

It is just not correct to imply that "Aboh" as a surname is a peculiarity of the 'Delta Igbo' and the Onitsha people. That name is a lot more widespread than you think. In some cases, admittedly, ( for example the riverain Anam communities in Anambra), the name is connected with Aboh, Delta State. The story is that these Anam communities being subjected to Aboh raids began giving their children names like Aboegbu (May Aboh not kill me) which, sometimes shortened as Aboh could survive as surnames today.

However, this etymology of 'Aboh' names does not apply in cases from the farther interior away from the Niger where Aboh exercised no influence. And I have encountered a fair number of 'Aboh' last names in this southeastern interior. (Note that 'Aboh' could also have a range of meanings in Igbo dialects, including 'basket'...so real argument cannot be made in support of the name being exclusively of Delta North origin.)

Is there the tiniest sliver of evidence that could be brought forward in support of the 'theory' that Aboh-Mbaise originated from Aboh in Delta? The dialects are worlds apart, the culture and the political organisation are very distinct. And most importantly, neither of the two communities have traditions of any contacts.

Traditions of the exploits of the Aboh Kingdom has been preserved. We know the people they had contacts with and influenced. Aboh-Mbaise was completely out of their field of operation.

I'll put the coincidence in name down to the fact that both Aboh and Aboh-Mbaise belong to the same linguistic community (Igbo/Igboid), and in a linguistic community it isn't strange if two unrelated places end up with the same name. (Cases in point: the various places with Agulu in their names scattered all over Enugu and Anambra; Nkwelle in Awka, Nkwelle-Ezunanka near Onitsha, Nkwerre in Imo State; Owerre/Owerri place names scattered all the way from Nsukka in northern Igboland to as far south as the Ngwa axis; etc etc.

To add to this, Aboh is an ancient Igbo word, probably only heard in the villages today, used to refer to an open ungrazed (bushy area) area. You'll commonly not hear it used nowadays just as 'mgba' ie female (as in mgba eke = female born on eke day = mgbeke) which is another ancient Igbo word rarely used in daily igbo speech nowadays, however it is used in Ika Igbo dialect.
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by christopher123(m): 7:08am On Feb 27, 2015
Radoillo:

Bro, there is no doubt that Onitsha has kinship ties with the Umuezechime clan in Delta.

(Umuezechime in Delta includes some communities in Aniocha North: Isele-uku, Isele-Azagba, Isele-Mkpitime, Onicha-Ugbo, Onicha-Olona, etc)
I got you

I was waiting for this

Your right but let me correct you not all the onitsha clan has this link . 2e should mind how we distort history . Majority of onisha has link with NRI via iguedo the only NRI daughter is her progenitor

I am from nnewi south and we migrated from aro but I know some parts that migrated from other places in my village . I can't say all my village had ARO link

Do you now get it ....nice trial.
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by Nobody: 9:00am On Feb 27, 2015
christopher123:

I got you

I was waiting for this

Your right but let me correct you not all the onitsha clan has this link . 2e should mind how we distort history . Majority of onisha has link with NRI via iguedo the only NRI daughter is her progenitor

I am from nnewi south and we migrated from aro but I know some parts that migrated from other places in my village . I can't say all my village had ARO link

Hahaha! No need to use that tone, brother. No offence, but I think i understand Onitsha traditions better than you.

First, I never said ALL of Onitsha had this ancestral link with Umuezechime, Delta. But the fact is, the greater part of Onitsha does.

Secondly, when you said MAJORITY of Onitsha has link with Nri via Iguedo...that was gross exaggeration. Only one quarter in Onitsha, the Ogboli Quarter, claims kinship with the Iguedo Clan, and thus with Nri.

Much of the rest of Onitsha villages and quarters claim Anioma descent. A percentage (especially the Ulutu Mgbelekekes who live close to the riverbank and a number of families in Obikporo Village) claim Igala descent.

2 Likes

Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by christopher123(m): 9:27am On Feb 27, 2015
Radoillo:

I am not doubting that, that is an established fact that there is an ezechima clan in onitsha but not all the onitsha clan is from ezechima, that is what i want you to understand
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by christopher123(m): 9:37am On Feb 27, 2015
Radoillo:

I enjoy this matured discussion but I think that you will find this links and submissions valuable

Eri (c. 900 CE) is said to be the original legendary cultural head of the Nri-Igbo, a subgroup of the Igbo people. According to legends, Eri is said to come down from the sky, having been sent by God (Igbo: Chukwu). It is possible Eri may have migrated from the Igala area, settled, and established a community in the middle of Anambra river valley where he married two wives. The first wife, Nneamakụ, bore him five children. The first was Agulu, the founder of Aguleri, the second was Nri Ifikuanim, the founder of Umunri / Kingdom of Nri, followed by Nri Onugu, the founder of Igbariam and Ogbodulu, the founder of Amanuke. The fifth one was a daughter called Iguedo, who is said to have born the founders of Nteje, and Awkuzu, Ogbunike, Umuleri, Nando and Ogboli in Onitsha. As one of the children of Eri, Nri Ifikuanim migrated from Aguleri, which was and still is, the ancestral temple of the people, in search of a place of settlement. His second wife Oboli begot Ọnọja, the only son who founded the Igala Kingdom in Kogi State.[1]

Eri is the founder of the Umueri and Umunri clans, both of whom were some of the most influential and powerful dynasties of priests and diviners in Igboland and adjacent areas such as the Bini and Igala/Idoma areas. He and his children are responsible for the Igbo Ukwu sites, Four market days, Ozo/nze title systems, Igu alu, and other practices of the Igbo people and their neighbors.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eri_(king)

The Marriage formed the basis of the link between Ogbunike and Onitsha, thus giving the historical background to the Igbo adage which says: “Afuzi Onicha, Ogbunike ewelu,” meaning in the absence of Onitsha, Ogbunike takes its turn. When therefore Eze Chima, a descendant of General Ado in his flight with others, first from Benin, then from Agbor, named his son Onitsha, in honour of their maternal ancestors, and established Onitsha Ugbo and Onitsha Olona and the entire Umu Ezechima being referred to as Onitsha Ado, the origin of nomenclature cannot therefore be in serious doubt.

http://www.aka-ikenga.com/2007/03/anambra-is-ancestral-home-of-igalas.html

Igbo-speaking peoples can be divided into five geographically based subcultures: northern Igbo, southern Igbo, western Igbo, eastern Igbo, and northeastern Igbo. Each of these five can be further divided into subgroups based on specific locations and names. The northern or Onitsha Igbo are divided into the Nri-Awka of Onitsha and Awka; the Enugu of Nsukka, Udì, Awgu, and Okigwe; and those of the Onitsha town. The southern or Owerri Igbo are divided into the Isu-Ama of Okigwe, Orlu, and Owerri; the Oratta-Ikwerri of Owerri and Ahoada; the Ohuhu-Ngwa of Aba and Bende; and the Isu-Item of Bende and Okigwe. The western Igbo (Ndi Anioma, as they like to call themselves) are divided into the northern Ika of Ogwashi Uku and Agbor; the southern Ika or Kwale of Kwale; and the Riverrain of Ogwashi Uku, Onitsha, Owerri, and Ahoada. The eastern or Cross River Igbo are divided into the Ada (or Edda) of Afikpo, the Abam-Ohaffia of Bende and Okigwe, and the Aro of Aro. The northeastern Igbo include the Ogu Uku of Abakaliki and Afikpo.

http://www.encyclopedia.com/topic/Igbo.aspx

During the period AD 900 and 1911, many Nri officials and agents had established settlements and kingdoms far and wide in Igbo land. For example, by AD 1000 Nri Kingdoms were established at Oreri and later at Nnewi, followed by the founding of Orafite. By 1400, the Owa, Ute and Abavo Kingdoms for Nri extraction had been established in the Western Flank of the Igbo culture area: By 1400 and 1700, the Nri_Ogboli clans have spread into secondary Nri lineages migrating to Atuma, Akwukwu-Igbo and Abala, Ukuaru, Okpanam, Asaba, Illah and Ichi. Other Nri settlements established during the various reigns of Eze-Nri were in areas around Nnewi, Orlu, Isu-Njaba, Okigwe, Nsukka, and parts of Southern and Northern Igbo. Over 100 Nri settlements have been located in the present Igbo culture area and some outside the present Igbo culture area. All had one function: spreading Nri political-ritual ideology through the control markets, peace, shrines, leadership and elite symbol of Ozo/Eze title.

Nri levitical laws and rituals abhor the spilling of human blood o

http://nwosureport.blog.com/

The war of succession from lduu Kingdom was initiated by the Oba of Benin known in lgbo historical literature as Agha lduu na Oba. (war of the lduu and Oba). It was a protracted war that touched most lgbo areas. It was intensified when the Benins acquired arms from the Portuguese. Then followed the war of secession of lgala initiated by the Atta. General Ogbe the son of Ajide attacked him at ldah, and was supported by General Udenze who controlled the Anam riverine area. Onoja Nwoboli left Aguleri and joined the lgalas because he was one of the remnants of the lgala descendants still at their Aguleri ancestral home.

http://www.aka-ikenga.com/2007/03/anambra-is-ancestral-home-of-igalas.html
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by christopher123(m): 10:34am On Feb 27, 2015
profiles of people that bear aboh

https://www.facebook.com/search/more/?q=Aboh+Esther&init=public

I THINK FACEBOOK WILL DO

Radoillo:

Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by Nobody: 11:49am On Feb 27, 2015
christopher123:

I got you

I was waiting for this

My earlier response to this was hidden, and my account banned. Dunno why. Anyways, let me summarise what I said in that response.

First, I said Onitsha has kinship ties with Umuezechime. And I am restating it. There is absolutely no doubt about that. I never said every onuku, every ebo and every compound in Onitsha traces descent from Aniocha, Delta. The Ulutu Mgbelekekes who live on the banks of the Niger claim Igala descent. A number of families in Obikporo Village also trace their descent to Igalaland.

When you said the majority of Onitsha have ancestral link with Umuiguedo Clan and thus with Nri... that was gross exaggeration. Only one village, the Ogboli Village, is of Umuiguedo (and thus Nri) descent.

The numerically and sociopolitically dominant portion of Onitsha are of Umuezechime descent.

Clear? smiley

1 Like

Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by pazienza(m): 12:04pm On Feb 27, 2015
Aboh Ogidi Anambra
Aboh Nkwerre Imo
Aboh Umulolo Okigwe Imo
Aboh town Udi Enugu.

There are too many Aboh scattered all over Igboland. It is not exclusive to Delta Igbo.
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by pazienza(m): 12:27pm On Feb 27, 2015
bigfrancis21:

To add to this, Aboh is an ancient Igbo word, probably only heard in the villages today, used to refer to an open ungrazed (bushy area) area. You'll commonly not hear it used nowadays just as 'mgba' ie female (as in mgba eke = female born on eke day = mgbeke) which is another ancient Igbo word rarely used in daily igbo speech nowadays, however it is used in Ika Igbo dialect.

True! Other abandoned/rarely used ancient Igbo words are Uru/Uhu, and Ogwa.

Uru/Uhu is found throughout Igboland as names of villages within towns such as Uhueze/ Urueze, Uhuagu/Uruagu,within a town, yet it is not used in every day igbo language.
I got the feeling that Uru/Uhu means a place of dwelling, a home, i confirmed this suspicion when i found out that the Isuikwuatos use Uhu in place Uno/Ulo in their everyday language.

Ogwa seem to even be more ancient than Uhu/Uru, and it equally means a place of dwelling/Home.

Esumai, having left Bini and settled in Aboh amongst the Akiri people,who were the Aborigenes of Aboh, gave his first son the name "Ogwaezi", in reference to how good his new found place of Aboh had become a place of dwelling for him and his family.

Ogwashi uku, also was the same, as Adaigbo an Nri prince saw the place as a new dwelling place for Nri the great, hence the name, Ogwa nshi( Nri) Ukwu.

2 Likes

Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by christopher123(m): 6:17pm On Feb 27, 2015
pazienza:
Aboh Ogidi Anambra
Aboh Nkwerre Imo
Aboh Umulolo Okigwe Imo
Aboh town Udi Enugu.

There are too many Aboh scattered all over Igboland. It is not exclusive to Delta Igbo.

THAT IS WHAT THESE PEEPS FROM DELTA DONT KNOW

OWERRE
ONICHA
IHITE/IFITE
UMU

ARE COMMON NAMES THAT WE HAVE IN THE WHOLE IGBO LAND

THIS IS JUST TO SHOW ABOH OF DELTA IS PURE IGBO OR DID ABOH COLONISED ALL THE ABOHS

I LAUGH AT THEIR REASONING

THANK YOU FOR THE POINTERS

2 Likes

Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by clefstone(m): 1:41pm On May 15, 2015
tonychristopher:
[left][/left]

Aboh is an igbotic word

We have many aboh

So what they think is imaterial

THEY ARE IGBO PERIOD
tonychristopher is an english name, therefore you r an english man. Just listen to yourself

1 Like

Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by clefstone(m): 1:45pm On May 15, 2015
[quote author=tonychristopher post=31040139]

I

IS THAT SO.....

SO NRI KINGDOM , ARO KINGDOM. ,IGBO UKWU KINGDOM WAS WESTERN INFLUENCE

LOL These places mentioned above cannot be compared to ancient Aboh both economically and territorially
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by clefstone(m): 1:58pm On May 15, 2015
Cc lalasticlacla pls do me a favour and send this to fp. It's long overdue

1 Like

Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by tonychristopher: 1:59pm On May 15, 2015
Anthony and Christopher are not English names pls they are catholic name and I am a catholic

Browne , bond ,Ian , smith are English names

Pls do ur research
clefstone:
tonychristopher is an english name, therefore you r an english man. Just listen to yourself

2 Likes

Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by Afam4eva(m): 2:15pm On May 15, 2015
tonychristopher:
Anthony and Christopher are not English names pls they are catholic name and I am a catholic

Pls do ur research
This is the most ignorant statement that i have read this month. Can you explain what you mean by catholic name and are catholic names the same as Christian names.

1 Like

Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by clefstone(m): 2:42pm On May 15, 2015
tonychristopher:

Pls do ur research
how many spanish catholics have u seen bearing Christopher or Anthony? Those names are English names of Italian origins. The original italian names are most likely Anthonio, Anthonini, Christoph etc

2 Likes

Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by tonychristopher: 4:10pm On May 15, 2015
clefstone:
how many spanish catholics have u seen bearing Christopher or Anthony? Those names are English names of Italian origins. The original italian names are most likely Anthonio, Anthonini, Christoph etc

Can u please Google names and origin pls

They are not English names. For heaven sake ...just like saying Samuel Emanuel Mary john are English names

They are Jewish names but with English version

Jesus is Jewish name jesu is igbo version

Pls
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by tonychristopher: 4:12pm On May 15, 2015
clefstone:
Antonio
Christobal
Are Spanish version
Just that
Anthony
Christopher
English version
Antoin
Christof
Russian version

The origin isn't English pls
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by tonychristopher: 4:18pm On May 15, 2015
clefstone:

en.m.wikipedia.org/.../Anthony_(given_ ...
Anthony or Antony is a masculine given name, derived from Antonius, a gens (
Roman family ... on the mistaken belief that the name derived from the Greek
word ανθος (anthos), meaning "flower".Spelling and pronunciation - ‎Translations and Variants -

‎See also - ‎References
Anthony: Meaning Of Name Anthony | Nameberry.com
nameberry.com/babyname/Anthony
Anthony: Meaning, origin, and popularity of the boy's name Anthony plus advice
on Anthony and 50000 other baby ...
Anthony name meaning - SheKnows
www​.sheknows.com/...names/name/ ...

The name Anthony is a Greek baby name. In Greek the meaning of the name Anthony is: Priceless. American Meaning:
Anthony: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Anthony ...

www​.babynamewizard.com/...name/.../ ...
Anthony: The full lowdown on the boy's name Anthony from Namipedia, the Baby Name
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by mekzone: 10:54am On Aug 02, 2015
clefstone:
LMAO. Mr Super intelligent I'm sori to announce to u tht we r not Igbos, we have never been nd will neva be. I doubt it if u hv eva bin to Aboh, but if u hv u'd most likely hv heard d Aboh man say 'kene bu onyi-igbo omari ni Aboh su' meaning: 'this one is an Igbo man, he doesnt knw hw to speak Aboh'. Innately, we don't even imagine ourselves as Igbos in d least sense. You dnt knw so just chill man

kene bu onyi-igbo omari ni Aboh su.....you just spoke/wrote Igbo....how funny.

2 Likes

Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by cecegorz(m): 10:15am On Aug 04, 2015
bigfrancis21:

The usage of Igbo in Nigeria is only a recent construct that started in the 1920s. A newspaper of 1924 carries a story of an awka man and an onitsha man discussing over a new unfamiliar name the whites who had come into Nigeria were calling them. And when they prodded the whites further to ask them why they were being called a name they were not used to instead of their clan names as usual, the whites explained to them that because he the awka man speaks a language which the onicha man also speaks and understands then both clans must be related and are brothers so they will be called one name which is 'Igbo'. And they said 'ok'.

I must say that this is the very first time I'm hearing this, though I've pondered it severally. It kind of makes sense, giving that the European's educational system commenced our writing of the letters called 'Igbo alphabets' for the first time.
It seems you're a Sociologist/anthropologist, giving the clarity of your cultural narratives.

1 Like

Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by SUNNYsparkle: 6:36pm On Jul 09, 2016
[quote author=clefstone post=33764551][/quote]
Aboh are Igbos. Enough of all these fallacious misleading and unacademic writeups
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by SUNNYsparkle: 6:39pm On Jul 09, 2016
clefstone:
Christian names, Catholic names all the same.
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by SUNNYsparkle: 6:47pm On Jul 09, 2016
clefstone:
For some time now I hv been reading some amusing and quite interesting threads concerning d issue of Delta Igbos and Identity ish. Most of the points from both sides hv been sound and sensible. I might be wrong, but i hv observed tht majority, if not all igbos beliv all of the pple of Delta North are Igbos. Before I go on, I must add tht we r all entitled to our opinions no matter hw offensive.
Presently, i happen to live in d north and my experience here has made me to know d level of ignorance Nigerians tend to exhibit in d understnding of pple outside their ethnic grp. For example, to d average untravelled southerner, all northerners r Hausas, a complete fallacy that wud make the indigenes of entire states like Benue nd Plateau cringe(Idomas and Tivs don't even speak hausa). The northerner and Yorubas i met during service all believed tht if u r not a northerner nor Yoruba, u automatically r Igbo, a conclusion that is sickening to millions of pple down south.
Personally, i hv learned to live wit such fallacies but i hv not learned to be Igbo yet. Yes, being Igbo is a way of life, a way of life markedly different from my 'peoples way of life'. My people here refer to the people of Aboh, a distinct tribe wit a distinct language that is Igboid. I read somewhr an article wc stated tht language is very dynamicand tht d language of an entire people can change within 100yrs. The change in language doesnt make d people a 'new ethnic grp'. For example, its obvious tht a time, wud come wen some ethnic groups will lose their present languages because of d strong influence of English language, wud tht make them Englishmen? Today we celebrate Christmas and soon we might strt celebrating Halloween nd thanksgivin, wud tht make us Americans?
Are Abohs Igbos? The right person to ask is the Aboh man nd i bet u he'd say no. Are Asabas Igbos? I cnt speak for them cos i'm not Asaba. Yes, we(Abohs) share some similarities wit the ibos such as name, words(i am tempted to use language but it myt be misleading) and......hmmm....very little more, mayb masquerades but that doesnt make us same ethnic grp. We r more like two different pple tht met and shared ideas.
By d way, d term Delta ibo is only used for the sake of ease of description to refer to pple of delta state such as Abohs whose languages r similar to d igbo language.
Mr man, a kingdom does not mean a people. Aboh and Agbor and others that deny their heritage can be kingdoms that were modeled after Benin kingdom or outrightly kingdoms that were ruled by the Benin empire, that however doesn't make them less Igbo, by humanity and blood!
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by SUNNYsparkle: 6:52pm On Jul 09, 2016
clefstone:
I doubt it if u read my post through cos if u did u wud hv found d ansas to ur questns except tht regarding my age. Anyway, to start wit, i am not a small boy. As for my name, i wud rather not disclose tht at this point cos its not necessary. I have my own questns for u, the name of the President of Nigeria is Goodluck Jonathan, does this in anyway make him English or Jewish/Hebrew?
very poor illustration
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by SUNNYsparkle: 6:59pm On Jul 09, 2016
clefstone:
LMAO. Mr Super intelligent I'm sori to announce to u tht we r not Igbos, we have never been nd will neva be. I doubt it if u hv eva bin to Aboh, but if u hv u'd most likely hv heard d Aboh man say 'kene bu onyi-igbo omari ni Aboh su' meaning: 'this one is an Igbo man, he doesnt knw hw to speak Aboh'. Innately, we don't even imagine ourselves as Igbos in d least sense. You dnt knw so just chill man
There's nothing you can do to remove your Igbonness, the white men that came here before your father was born, told the world about the Igbos of Aboh on the River Niger, that was during the age of innocence, there was no Nigeria then, no Delta state then. Its a pity there's no hiding place. All the anthropological works and research have been done by ethologists, ethnographers and anthropologists. Too late embarassed
clefstone:
There's nothing you can do to remove your Igbonness, the white men that came here before your father was born, told the world about the Igbos of Aboh on the River Niger, that was during the age of innocence, there was no Nigeria then, no Delta state then. Its a pity there's no hiding place. All the anthropological works and research have been done by ethologists, ethnographers and anthropologists. Too late

2 Likes

Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by clefstone(m): 9:26pm On Jul 09, 2016
SUNNYsparkle:

There's nothing you can do to remove your Igbonness, the white men that came here before your father was born, told the world about the Igbos of Aboh on the River Niger, that was during the age of innocence, there was no Nigeria then, no Delta state then. Its a pity there's no hiding place. All the anthropological works and research have been done by ethologists, ethnographers and anthropologists. Too late embarassed
There's nothing you can do to remove your Igbonness, the white men that came here before your father was born, told the world about the Igbos of Aboh on the River Niger, that was during the age of innocence, there was no Nigeria then, no Delta state then. Its a pity there's no hiding place. All the anthropological works and research have been done by ethologists, ethnographers and anthropologists. Too late
I wonder why Africans like u wud need the white man to tell u who u are. I know who I am and don't need a white man to validate my origin
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by SUNNYsparkle: 1:14am On Feb 12, 2017
No you don't know who you are, cos you keep
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by SUNNYsparkle: 1:17am On Feb 12, 2017
clefstone:
I wonder why Africans like u wud need the white man to tell u who u are. I know who I am and don't need a white man to validate my origin

No you don't know who you are, cos you keep on jumping from pillar to post. Giving fake stories of origin and dwelling on lies. The history of aboh you gave, who wrote it! What year was it written? What authorities were quoted? What were the facts and figures? And what materials were used? You barely went to school, You've not tendered any material to support your falacies. You are certainly Urhobo. And for your information, If you've done your research well before coming out here to vomit fungi, you must have known that Aro was more influencial than aboh. Aro spread up to Ogun state and Cameroun. Read well before exposing your half-baked knowledge to the public
Re: Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos by SUNNYsparkle: 10:49am On Feb 12, 2017
clefstone:

I wonder why Africans like you wld need the white man in order to have internet, cars, medication, education etc. That cld also sound like your statement as well. Like it or leave it, the white man told the truth about what they saw when they came. I rather stick and depend on the studies of the white men who were alive then and present with our ancestors and forefathers while they recoreded our history and people with facts and figures, than depend on the lies, fabrications, falacies and kindergarten fairy tales from Africans like you who selfishly distort facts and figures foolishly without sound academic backing and well acclaimed research. Which parts of Igboland have you visited before delving into a history you don't know. What of all the aboh towns and villages scattered everywhere in the east? Did they also come from your fallacious ancient benin resident?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Masquerades Flog Nigerian Nurse Mercilessly, She Falls Into Gutter (Video) / Uganda Ekyogero Traditional Bath Is Believed To Bring Goodluck And Wade Away... / Question: What Is Igbako In English?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.