Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,632 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

The Soul - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Soul (6426 Views)

Where Do The Soul Of Children And Mad People Go? / The Difference Between The Soul And The Spirit / The SOUL That Sinneth It Shall Die (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Soul by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 23, 2013
@frosbel,
u seem to have the monopoly of how to be a good bible student.
Unless u want to say that Jesus lied with that parable, or that there's a hidden thing there that i'm blind to...

Please go to sleep! bloody liar

1 Like

Re: The Soul by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 23, 2013
Bobbysworld28: @frosbel,
u seem to have the monopoly of how to be a good bible student.
Unless u want to say that Jesus lied with that parable, or that there's a hidden thing there that i'm blind to...

Please go to sleep! bloody liar

You need to study the bible friend, and I mean it.
Re: The Soul by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 23, 2013
@frosbel,
please do not annoy me.
i'm a bible student but i knw i don't knw everything. The reason i come here is to learn more.
apparently u want me to buy ur views when Jesus said something else. If u cannot wrap ur head around it, stop being so assured in ur convictions. They make u look silly.

I posted a few questions a while back & u conveniently dodged them only 4 u to start telling me about studying. Would it be out of place is u did an exegesis? If u said it was a parable (which might be true), does it mean dt d foundation of the parable was a lie?

Simple question. Please answer that Frosbel. If u dodge it again, then u r a f.ool.
Re: The Soul by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 23, 2013
Bobbysworld28: @frosbel,
please do not annoy me.
i'm a bible student but i knw i don't knw everything. The reason i come here is to learn more.
apparently u want me to buy ur views when Jesus said something else. If u cannot wrap ur head around it, stop being so assured in ur convictions. They make u look silly.

I posted a few questions a while back & u conveniently dodged them only 4 u to start telling me about studying. Would it be out of place is u did an exegesis? If u said it was a parable (which might be true), does it mean dt d foundation of the parable was a lie?

Simple question. Please answer that Frosbel. If u dodge it again, then u r a f.ool.

Thank You , Brother.
Re: The Soul by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 23, 2013
hisblud: Confusion! On one hand you claim man dies, spirit returns to dust-hence nothing survives after death, on the other, you claim spirits [sinners and demons] are in a prison for judgement which Christ went to preach

frosbel:

Mate, you are getting confused, when did I say this ?

Notice your quote
Back to our point, did Jesus go and preach to the spirits in prison, and who were these spirits in prison ?

In bible language sinners are said to be enslaved to their lusts, in the prison of darkness or chains of darkness [size=15pt]as is the case [/size]with demons. This does not mean they are in a literal prison, it means they are imprisoned by their wickedness and evil.

"There were those who dwelt in darkness and in the shadow of death, Prisoners in misery and chains, , because they rebelled against God's commands and despised the plans of the Most High.Some sat in darkness and in the shadow" - Psalm 107:11

"And you will be a light to guide the nations.to open the eyes that are blind, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, from the prison those who sit in darkness." - Isaiah 42:6b-7

I hope this confirms that sinners and fallen angels are in a state of imprisonment in the realm of darkness, though they may be presently alive.

https://www.nairaland.com/1362779/soul/2#16901289

notice the bolded...
Re: The Soul by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 23, 2013
hisblud:

Notice your quote

https://www.nairaland.com/1362779/soul/2#16901289

notice the bolded...

imprisoned not as DEAD but as ALIVE.

In other words , these people were alive during the time of Noah and while in sin , held captive to it or imprisoned in darkness.

Same applies today, all sinners who are alive are prisoners of SATAN and dwell in darkness.

smiley
Re: The Soul by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 23, 2013
@frosbel; your op was poorly written by the author that to simply after all of that says soul is simply can be born and dies, is lack of true definition.

soul is the unseen part of living creatures and even non living creature such as man, animals, plants and stone respectively just to name a few.

soul exists before the creature appears on earth. the nature of soul is known only to the Creator and what we know of it is little as it is unseen and it is the part of the living that keeps the living alive and when it is removed from it, what remains is lifeless and begins to rot.

in the bible, though i am a muslim, you can read that a man was addressed by Yahweh that He Yahweh knew this man even while he was yet alive in bodily form on earth to show that soul exists separately and much earlier that the body that houses it, where when it is that house, the house is alive.

does soul die? only a statement to refer to the fact that when it leaves the house rendering it empty the house collapse and of course people dont see the soul leaving out of the body, except the eyes of the one who the soul is leaving his body can see it, so his eyes follows it leaving his body for ever. when you see the eyes of death person what you see a gaze at something as if far away.

as evidence that soul does not die, is that expression soul resting as in may the departed soul rest in peace while the buried body will decay. what decays is not resting, but breaking down. soul is another word for spirit, or spirit is another word for soul in this discussion. you can not see it as soul or as spirit, yet they are not different leaving the body renders the body lifeless. he gave up the spirit or his comes out of his body means the same thing; death occurs.

i was going to say no one has ascended into heaven when it was said in NT was false because Elijah did that already. so did Jesus. and if Jesus was believed and we disbelieve John who you said performed the children of Israel passage to adulthood on Jesus, Elijah as John descended and the final chapter of Elijah as John was death. I guess Jesus will come back and you see what happened to Elijah?

You said God fathered Jesus when you responded to noetic accusing you as the antichrist. could you explain how God fathered Jesus with clear biblical verse[s] from Jesus?
Re: The Soul by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 23, 2013
frosbel:

imprisoned not as DEAD but as ALIVE.

In other words , these people were alive during the time of Noah and while in sin , held captive to it or imprisoned in darkness.

Same applies today, all sinners who are alive are prisoners of SATAN and dwell in darkness.

smiley

You said
Back to our point, did Jesus go and preach to the spirits in prison, and who were these spirits in prison ?

I hope this confirms that sinners and fallen angels are in a state of imprisonment in the realm of darkness, though they may be presently alive.

You are implying that Jesus when He died, he preached to spirits [sinners and demons] abi? So you are insinuateing that when He died, he went to the time of Noah, while the people and and demons were alive and He [Christ] preached to them abi?
Re: The Soul by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 23, 2013
hisblud:

You said

You are implying that Jesus when He died, he preached to spirits [sinners and demons] abi? So you are insinuateing that when He died, he went to the time of Noah, while the people and and demons were alive and He [Christ] preached to them abi?

Read my post again, and tell me if I did not refer to the Spirit as the means by which the gospel was preached to the 'spirits' in prison , during those times of antiquity.

I expect some honesty !

smiley
Re: The Soul by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 23, 2013
frosbel:

Read my post again, and tell me if I did not refer to the Spirit as the means by which the gospel was preached to the 'spirits' in prison , during those times of antiquity.

I expect some honesty !

smiley

how do you think am dishonest here, you asked this

from the above you gave two question
did Jesus go and preach to the spirits in prison

and

who were these spirits in prison

furtherr down you said this

In bible language sinners are said to be enslaved to their lusts, in the prison of darkness or chains of darkness [size=15pt]as is the case with[/size] demons.
"using as is the case" would imply "in like manner"

From your post, you gave answers to your above question as this

did Jesus go and preach to the spirits in prison
From your post its YES

and

who were these spirits in prison
People and demons during the time of noah, who were in darkness

thus giving your conclusion

So i think you should be honest....and accept what you wrote
Re: The Soul by benalvino(m): 5:20pm On Jul 23, 2013
RoyPCain: @frosbel; your op was poorly written by the author that to simply after all of that says soul is simply can be born and dies, is lack of true definition.

soul is the unseen part of living creatures and even non living creature such as man, animals, plants and stone respectively just to name a few.

soul exists before the creature appears on earth. the nature of soul is known only to the Creator and what we know of it is little as it is unseen and it is the part of the living that keeps the living alive and when it is removed from it, what remains is lifeless and begins to rot.

in the bible, though i am a muslim, you can read that a man was addressed by Yahweh that He Yahweh knew this man even while he was yet alive in bodily form on earth to show that soul exists separately and much earlier that the body that houses it, where when it is that house, the house is alive.

does soul die? only a statement to refer to the fact that when it leaves the house rendering it empty the house collapse and of course people dont see the soul leaving out of the body, except the eyes of the one who the soul is leaving his body can see it, so his eyes follows it leaving his body for ever. when you see the eyes of death person what you see a gaze at something as if far away.

as evidence that soul does not die, is that expression soul resting as in may the departed soul rest in peace while the buried body will decay. what decays is not resting, but breaking down. soul is another word for spirit, or spirit is another word for soul in this discussion. you can not see it as soul or as spirit, yet they are not different leaving the body renders the body lifeless. he gave up the spirit or his comes out of his body means the same thing; death occurs.

i was going to say no one has ascended into heaven when it was said in NT was false because Elijah did that already. so did Jesus. and if Jesus was believed and we disbelieve John who you said performed the children of Israel passage to adulthood on Jesus, Elijah as John descended and the final chapter of Elijah as John was death. I guess Jesus will come back and you see what happened to Elijah?

You said God fathered Jesus when you responded to noetic accusing you as the antichrist. could you explain how God fathered Jesus with clear biblical verse[s] from Jesus?

I wanted to talk about elijah going to heaven without dying in the cloud... But jesus was unique as he came from heaven and God back... elijah didnt exist in heaven as jesus before he was born and go back...

this thread should be close... God made it know that when the body dies the soul doesnt die... so i dont see the point continuing... Only God can destroy the soul. the parable Jesus said was even Good enough.
Re: The Soul by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 23, 2013
hisblud:

how do you think am dishonest here, you asked this

From your post, you gave answers to your above question as this

From your post its YES

and

People and demons during the time of noah, who were in darkness

thus giving your conclusion

So i think you should be honest....and accept what you wrote

I am in the train now so no access to my laptop , can you please post my exact statement where I concurred that Jesus went to preach to the spirits in prison at the time of Noah ?

Thanks.
Re: The Soul by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 23, 2013
frosbel:

I am in the train now so no access to my laptop , can you please post my exact statement where I concurred that Jesus went to preach to the spirits in prison at the time of Noah ?

Thanks.

It was by God's Spirit that Jesus was raised from the dead ,and it was by this same Spirit that the worlds were created and the gospel preached to the wicked who lived in the time of Noah . How do we know this :

Though Jesus, Noah , Moses, Peter and Paul ( to name a few ) preached the Gospel of the Kingdom of God , it was the Spirit of GOD who did the work of conviction , sealing and salvation of those who repented.

1 Peter 3:18-19

18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
KJV

20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
KJV

by your submission, you intend to show that Jesus from the epistle of peter preached to th spirit abi?
Re: The Soul by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 23, 2013
hisblud:

by your submission, you intend to show that Jesus from the epistle of peter preached to th spirit abi?

surely bro , you don't have a problem with reading , do you ?
Re: The Soul by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 23, 2013
frosbel:

surely bro , you don't have a problem with reading , do you ?

do you see how you tried to twist that verse to say what it did not say...
Re: The Soul by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 23, 2013
hisblud:

do you see how you tried to twist that verse to say what it did not say...

I knew your problem was comprehension of my statement.

Here it is again :

Conclusion : 1 Peter 3;19

"By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;" - 1 Peter 3:19

The key word here being By which.

It was by this Spirit of GOD that the gospel was preached to the wicked during the time of Noah, it was not Jesus himself who directly preached to these people , who are long gone, dead and buried , all waiting for judgement day.

How did you miss out this :

It was by this Spirit of GOD that the gospel was preached to the wicked during the time of Noah

Are you this dishonest ?
Re: The Soul by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 23, 2013
frosbel:

I knew your problem was comprehension of my statement.

Here it is again :

How did you miss out this :

It was by this Spirit of GOD that the gospel was preached to the wicked during the time of Noah

Are you this dishonest ?

Ok let me get it now, from your answer to your question above, you are implying that Jesus did not go and preach to the spirits who are sinners and demons, rather it was the Spirit who actually did preach to them? am i right?
Re: The Soul by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 23, 2013
hisblud:

Ok let me get it now, from your answer to your question above, you are implying that Jesus did not go and preach to the spirits who are sinners and demons, rather it was the Spirit who actually did preach to them? am i right?

an apology first for misrepresenting my position.

cool
Re: The Soul by Freksy(m): 9:29pm On Jul 23, 2013
benalvino:
are you disputing me or saying same thing I said... All U said agreed with me so why make it like am wrong?

Are you sure we speak in agreement?

Ok, let see if we all agree...

1. Does soul have blood?

2. Can soul eat?

3. Can someone else kill soul, apart from God?

4. Are you a soul?

5. Are animals souls?
Re: The Soul by benalvino(m): 9:57pm On Jul 23, 2013
Freksy:

Are you sure we speak in agreement?

Ok, let see if we all agree...
1. Does soul have blood?
2. Can soul eat?
3. Can someone else kill soul, apart from God?
4. Are you a soul?
5. Are animals souls?

Question 1 is obvious... Nope
Question 2 is Obvious... Nope
I always say only God can kill the soul
I am a Living soul... But my body is a suite for the soul...
Animals have soul...

But soul and Body are not same thing...
i will advice you to look at my post earlier...
Re: The Soul by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jul 23, 2013
frosbel:

cool
is this then your position?
Re: The Soul by Nobody: 12:11am On Jul 24, 2013
@benalvino:
I wanted to talk about elijah going to heaven without dying in the cloud... But jesus was unique as he came from heaven and God back... elijah didnt exist in heaven as jesus before he was born and go back...

this thread should be close... God made it know that when the body dies the soul doesnt die... so i dont see the point continuing... Only God can destroy the soul. the parable Jesus said was even Good enough.

i sm not sure you are of the opinion that Jesus and Elijah were the same at anytime, because thats not i said, using the Bible. If you believe that John was not Elijah, then you are taking the position of John and opposing Jesus. if you believe John was Elijah, you and Jesus are opposing the position of his baptizer.

How did you know that Elijah didnt exist alive until he died as John or are you proposing that Elijah died twice? either way you have no evidence and you are opposing the Bible on this one.

I dont know what you meant by Jesus being unique as he came from heaven and God back. could you explain that? the question of soul raised in this thread was not answered in the oped or frosbel who started it or you who addressed my post. what happened to soul is not "the soul". one would expect some definition of the internal quality of The Soul and not just what is external to it like death, etc.
Re: The Soul by Nobody: 5:25am On Jul 24, 2013
frosbel:

cool
hi to apologize is not a hard thing to do, we are trying to understand ourselves abi, i need to properly get your flow first, be on the same page, then the apology follows. Now, i ask again, is this correctly what you have on your mind when you wrote what you wrote up there?
Re: The Soul by Freksy(m): 6:43am On Jul 24, 2013
Bobbysworld28: So God is a spirit.

Does God have a soul?

The Holy Spirit is a person.

Jesus yielded his spirit (meaning he had a spirit)

There are evil spirits.

Yet d spirit of man is just a breath?

Sometimes the word, "breath", is translated as, "spirit". Some translators have also translated it as "soul".

Christ is our widom & in one of his teachings he talked about Lazarus & the rich man.
For me that settles it. There is a life after death.
Eat ur heart out frosbel, i will believe Jesus over u anytime

The only possibility of life after death is by resurrection.
Re: The Soul by Freksy(m): 6:59am On Jul 24, 2013
benalvino:

Question 1 is obvious... Nope

Soul is not what you think it is, IT HAS BLOOD

"Also in thy skirts is found the blood of the souls of the poor innocents: I have not found it by secret search, but upon all these." - Jeremiah 2:34 (KJV)

You are wrong, SOUL CAN EAT

"And if any of the flesh of the sacrifice of his peace offerings be eaten at all on the third day, it shall not be accepted, neither shall it be imputed unto him that offereth it: it shall be an abomination, and the soul that eateth of it shall bear his iniquity. - Leviticus 7:18 (KJV)

I always say only God can kill the soul

Wrong again; GOD IS NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN KILL THE SOUL

"And they smote all the souls that were therein with the edge of the sword, utterly destroying them: there was not any left to breathe: and he burnt Hazor with fire." - Joshua 11:11 KJV

I am a Living soul... But my body is a suite for the soul...

Yes, YOU ARE A LIVING SOUL, you can sin and die consequently.-Rom. 5:12; Ezekiel 18:4. There is nothing embedded in you called, "soul" that does the sinning; it's you, the soul/one that sin.

"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." Gen 2:7 (KJV)

"And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being". - Gen 2:7 (NKJV) ..... Here a living soul is described as the result of some things that come together. It is composite, not a component.....It contradicts your stance.

Animals have soul...

Among other things, soul means "life". Animals have "life", so animals have soul. Moreover, ANIMALS ARE ALSO CALLED "SOULS"

"Then the second angel poured out his bowl on the sea, and it became blood as of a dead man; and every living creature in the sea died". - Rev 16:3 (NKJV)

"And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea". - Rev 16:3 (KJV)

PERSONS AND ANIMALS ARE SOULS, see below:

"And levy a tribute unto the LORD of the men of war which went out to battle: one soul of five hundred, both of the persons, and of the beeves, and of the asses, and of the sheep: "- Num 31:28 (KJV) .... Note: the usage implies "they are souls", not "they have souls"

But soul and Body are not same thing...
i will advice you to look at my post earlier...

Soul is not what you think it is, I would rather advice you to study the scripture thoroughly, meditatively and with a mind void of preconceived notion regarding soul.

In the scripture, the following are sometimes translated as "soul": Man/person, Animal, a person's life, man's future life prospect, breath, life breath....

If there is any scripture you feel supports your current stance, present it let see if it won't fit any of the aforementioned in blue.

Just a question: God is a spirit, does He have a soul?

1 Like

Re: The Soul by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 24, 2013
@fresky,
U knw this how? So u mean Jesus was lying with dt story. U & frosbel r unlike - NO SUBSTANCE!
Re: The Soul by benalvino(m): 8:21am On Jul 24, 2013
Freksy:

Soul is not what you think it is, IT HAS BLOOD

"Also in thy skirts is found the blood of the souls of the poor innocents: I have not found it by secret search, but upon all these." - Jeremiah 2:34 (KJV)

You are wrong, SOUL CAN EAT

"And if any of the flesh of the sacrifice of his peace offerings be eaten at all on the third day, it shall not be accepted, neither shall it be imputed unto him that offereth it: it shall be an abomination, and the soul that eateth of it shall bear his iniquity. - Leviticus 7:18 (KJV)

Wrong again; GOD IS NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN KILL THE SOUL

"And they smote all the souls that were therein with the edge of the sword, utterly destroying them: there was not any left to breathe: and he burnt Hazor with fire." - Joshua 11:11 KJV

Yes, YOU ARE A LIVING SOUL, you can sin and die consequently.-Rom. 5:12; Ezekiel 18:4. There is nothing embedded in you called, "soul" that does the sinning; it's you, the soul/one that sin.

"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." Gen 2:7 (KJV)

"And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being". - Gen 2:7 (NKJV) ..... Here a living soul is described as the result of some things that come together. It is composite, not a component.....It contradicts your stance.

Among other things, soul means "life". Animals have "life", so animals have soul. Moreover, ANIMALS ARE ALSO CALLED "SOULS"

"Then the second angel poured out his bowl on the sea, and it became blood as of a dead man; and every living creature in the sea died". - Rev 16:3 (NKJV)

"And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea". - Rev 16:3 (KJV)

PERSONS AND ANIMALS ARE SOULS, see below:

"And levy a tribute unto the LORD of the men of war which went out to battle: one soul of five hundred, both of the persons, and of the beeves, and of the asses, and of the sheep: "- Num 31:28 (KJV) .... Note: the usage implies "they are souls", not "they have souls"

Soul is not what you think it is, I would rather advice you to study the scripture thoroughly, meditatively and with a mind void of preconceived notion regarding soul.

In the scripture, the following are sometimes translated as "soul": Man/person, Animal, a person's life, man's future life prospect, breath, life breath....

If there is any scripture you feel supports your current stance, present it let see if it won't fit any of the aforementioned in blue.

Just a question: God is a spirit, does He have a soul?

you are very confuse man... the soul doesnt have blood... i believe you are reading from that dont eat blood verse...

soul can eat... Lmao of cause the body can eat... in the case they are talking about man. Just like in Genesis it says he became a living soul.

question... is soul DIfferent from the body?
without the body can a soul eat?
without the body can you say a soul you cannot see have blood?

Joshua 11:11
refer to genesis about living soul...
trust me no man can kill the soul except God... you know the verse... they struck the body with the edge of the sword... your foundation of understand what soul is... is the problem.

Now the Genesis you quote has answered your question... it is describe as something that came together... which means it is different from the body... now it is the body that has blood not the soul... man can be referred as a living soul.
it is the body that the sword struck. again in genesis man or the body can be refer as a living soul.

Yes animal have soul... and i know where you are reading from concerning this animal have soul cause i have read from there too.

Num 31:28
again refer to Genesis to understand that the soul and the body are different...

if there is any scripture i should present it...

benalvino: Genesis 2:7
"And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and man became a living soul.

you can see that God forms a body(man) from dust but the body wasn't alive... it did not say he formed a soul... but he formed the body and breath into the nostrils and the body became or the man became a living soul.

so the soul gives life to the body... without the soul the body is dead.

life = soul...
now the bible makes it clear that the soul is not immortal... the soul can be destroyed by God

1 Thessalonians 5:23 says:
“Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.”

the only place the soul can be destroyed is in hell...
matthew 10:28
Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

men cannot destroy the soul. this verse is showing you soul is different from the body

benalvino: “When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the witness they had borne. 10 They cried out with a loud voice, "O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before you will judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?" 11 Then they were each given a white robe and told to rest a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brothers should be complete, who were to be killed as they themselves had been” (Rev 6:9-11). If this vision is to be understood literally, it is a clear example of the souls of Christians in heaven before the final Judgment. However the overall symbolic nature of Revelation casts some doubt on whether the vision of the fifth seal is to be taken literally, and for this reason I have listed this example last.
if you look at the quote above you will learn that the souls in genesis 6 are not bodies or men like you and me.... those souls are away from the body. you need to understand that when God breath in an ordinary body the body became a living soul...
it says the souls of those who have been slain... what was slain? their body and their souls are in the alter crying how long... you cut the body with the knife but the soul Goes to God... Simple. understand Genesis where it says the body became a living soul. then you understand what the bible means by soul have blood... soul is something you can see but you see it as a bodily form which our flesh(living soul).

Soul is different from the body.

i have more to show you... but you can go to page 3 and read my post and you will understand.
Re: The Soul by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 24, 2013
@frosbel
frosbel:

cool
hi to apologize is not a hard thing to do, we are trying to understand ourselves abi, i need to properly get your flow first, be on the same page, then the apology follows. Now, i ask again, is this correctly what you have on your mind when you wrote what you wrote up there?
Re: The Soul by Freksy(m): 12:39am On Jul 25, 2013
benalvino:

you are very confuse man... the soul doesnt have blood... i believe you are reading from that dont eat blood verse...

The following scripture is self-explanatory:
"Also in thy skirts is found the blood of the souls of the poor innocents:..." - Jeremiah 2:34 KJV

Freksy:

2. Can soul eat?

benalvino:

Freksy:

benalvino:

soul can eat... Lmao of cause the body can eat... in the case they are talking about man. Just like in Genesis it says he became a living soul.

Who truly is confused?

benalvino:

question... is soul DIfferent from the body?

Body is part of what made up the soul as used in Gen. 2:27; Jer 2:34; Joshua 11:11; Lev. 7:18 etc. All living bodies are living souls.

without the body can a soul eat?[/quote]
I am happy you have humbly admitted that soul can eat. Man is a soul. Animals are souls....they eat.

benalvino:

without the body can you say a soul you cannot see have blood?

If the soul can eat flesh, what will make it invisible? How were the people at Joshua 11:11 able to kill "invisible souls" with visible sword? At Rev. 6:10 souls are crying out that they have blood, please confirm.

benalvino:

Joshua 11:11
refer to genesis about living soul...
trust me no man can kill the soul except God... you know the verse... they struck the body with the edge of the sword... your foundation of understand what soul is... is the problem.

Keep denying the truth...your words against the scriptures'

benalvino:
Now the Genesis you quote has answered your question... it is describe as something that came together... which means it is different from the body... now it is the body that has blood not the soul... man can be referred as a living soul.
it is the body that the sword struck. again in genesis man or the body can be refer as a living soul.

Is it the same body that has the blood mentioned at Rev. 6:9-10?

benalvino:

Yes animal have soul... and i know where you are reading from concerning this animal have soul cause i have read from there too.

Num 31:28
again refer to Genesis to understand that the soul and the body are different...

Those scriptures simply tell you that you and animals are souls. If you say no, use them and prove otherwise let see.
Re: The Soul by Freksy(m): 1:49am On Jul 25, 2013
benalvino:

if there is any scripture i should present it...

Genesis 2:7
"And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and man became a living soul.

Man was a lifeless soul before he became a living soul.

benalvino:

you can see that God forms a body(man) from dust but the body wasn't alive... it did not say he formed a soul... but he formed the body and breath into the nostrils and the body became or the man became a living soul.

He did not say he formed the body...but he formed the man(lifeless soul) and breath into the nostrils and the man became or the lifeless soul became a living soul.

benalvino:
so the soul gives life to the body... without the soul the body is dead.

Wrong! The life breath from God gives life to man....without the life breath the man(living soul) is dead.

"When you ignore them, they panic. When you take away their life’s breath, they die and return to dust. When you send your life-giving breath, they are created, and you replenish the surface of the ground." Psm. 104:29,30 NET

benalvino:
life = soul...

benalvino:
now the bible makes it clear that the soul is not immortal... the soul can be destroyed by God

life = soul... Others too can destroy life - Joshua 11:11

benalvino:
1 Thessalonians 5:23 says:
“Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.”

life = soul... here Paul prayed for preservation of christian church till the coming of our Lord. Though those first century Christians died centuries ago, the true Christian church is still alive...in existent till date. Here again, soul = life/existence.

benalvino:
the only place the soul can be destroyed is in hell...
wrong! See Joshua 11:11. Lives/souls can even be destroyed by mere accident. Souls can also be destroyed by man, but not in hell/Gehenna.

benalvino:
matthew 10:28
Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

men cannot destroy the soul. this verse is showing you soul is different from the body

[quote author=benalvino]
life = soul...

Soul can also mean, life. Destruction of soul in hell/Gehenna means destruction of life eternally....leaving no prospect for future life - no resurrection hope. Only God can do that. Man can destroy life (soul) - Joshua 11:11, but not in hell/Gehenna. In other words, destruction of life(soul) by man does not take away one's prospect of resurrection to eternal life and blessings. God will do that to wicked in the future - eternal destruction. Since such judicial execution is God's, but not man's, who should we fear?

benalvino:
“When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the witness they had borne. 10 They cried out with a loud voice, "O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before you will judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?"

Have you noticed that these souls have blood? These are dead bodies of those who had been slain, figuratively crying for justice.

benalvino:

11 Then they were each given a white robe and told to rest a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brothers should be complete, who were to be killed as they themselves had been” (Rev 6:9-11).

Soul can wear cloth... Nothing immaterial can use robe/cloth.

benalvino:

If this vision is to be understood literally, it is a clear example of the souls of Christians in heaven before the final Judgment.

Explain those verses literally and figuratively, let see how your unscriptural stance will fair.

Literally speaking, do you mean there is blood in heaven? Those souls have blood, can't you see?

benalvino:

However the overall symbolic nature of Revelation casts some doubt on whether the vision of the fifth seal is to be taken literally, and for this reason I have listed this example last.

Hahaha... you have entangled yourself in a web of confusion.

benalvino:

if you look at the quote above you will learn that the souls in genesis 6 are not bodies or men like you and me.... those souls are away from the body. you need to understand that when God breath in an ordinary body the body became a living soul...

Away from the body, but still have blood and can put on cloths...

Gen 2:7 is also telling you that the body was lifeless prior to its activation by the life breath from God. If your life breath is taken away, you'll become a dead soul. You are a soul - a living one by virtue of the life breath in you.

benalvino:

it says the souls of those who have been slain... what was slain? their body and their souls are in the alter crying how long... you cut the body with the knife but the soul Goes to God... Simple.

Their fellow servants and their brothers...Rev 6:11.

benalvino:
understand Genesis where it says the body became a living soul. then you understand what the bible means by soul have blood... soul is something you can see but you see it as a bodily form which our flesh(living soul).

You are that soul. Those around you can see you.

[quote author=benalvino]
Soul is different from the body.

Soul can also means 'life'
"(36) For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? (37) Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? - Mark 8:36-37 (KJV)

"(36) For what doth it profit a man, to gain the whole world, and forfeit his life? (37) For what should a man give in exchange for his life? - Mark 8:36-37 (ASV)

life = soul... In this context, soul or life is different from the body. There are bodies with life and those without.

benalvino:
i have more to show you... but you can go to page 3 and read my post and you will understand.

Show whatever you have to show, I promise you, the meaning of the word "soul" will always fit, at least, one of the following:

Man/person, Animal, a person's life, man's future life prospect, breath, life breath....

You have not answered my question: God is a spirit, does He have a soul?

1 Like

Re: The Soul by benalvino(m): 7:33am On Jul 25, 2013
No need to talk much...

Can blood Go to heaven? - you said soul have Blood

If wan can kill the soul as you talk... why do we need hell?

How can God resurrect someone when His soul has be killed by another person?

About your Does God have a soul... Let me just say i dont know... what do you think?
Re: The Soul by Freksy(m): 1:08am On Jul 26, 2013
benalvino: No need to talk much...

Can blood Go to heaven? - you said soul have Blood

No, blood cannot go to heaven. That means, those mentioned at Rev.6:9-10 are not literally in heaven. It's not only me, the bible and reality also show that soul has blood. Don't you have blood?

If wan can kill the soul as you talk... why do we need hell?

We don't need hell. Does the bible say we need it? On the contrary, it says hell will be destroyed forever.

How can God resurrect someone when His soul has be killed by another person?

God does not need a pre-existing material or immaterial soul to enable him bring dead souls back to life with all their previous lives' attributes. That would amount to underrating his wisdom, power/ability. Where was Adam before he was caused to exis as a soul? He existed nowhere. Ponder over Psm. 104:29,30.

About your Does God have a soul... Let me just say i dont know... what do you think?

In the Bible, "soul" is translated from the Hebrew ne'phesh and the Greek psy·khe'. Bible usage shows the soul to be a person or an animal or the life that a person or an animal enjoys.

At Psalm 11:5 God is said to have a soul. It is so because He has life.

(5) "The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth." - Psalms 11:5 (KJV)

His life does not like the wicked or the lawless....GNT says "he hates with all his heart."

(5) "He examines the good and the wicked alike; the lawless he hates with all his heart." - Psalms 11:5 (GNT)

To many persons, "soul" means the immaterial or spirit part of a human being that survives the death of the physical body. This view is not a Bible teaching. Once again, the Bible usage shows the soul to be a person or an animal or the life that a person or an animal enjoys.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Historically Analyzing The Crucifixtion And Resurrection Claim. / Stop! Don’t Break That Gate! (VIRGINITY) / Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.