Stats: 3,152,414 members, 7,815,930 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Forum Politics - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Forum Politics (1151 Views)

Barcanista The Politics Section Boss / Are You Ok With 2/3 Of Politics Mods Being Igbo? / Latest News, Celebrity Gist, Sports & Politics:: (2) (3) (4)

Forum Politics by Ojukwursg(m): 7:22pm On May 24, 2006
Hi everyone,

I dont know if this is the best place to post this. I believe the Administrator will forgive me. On a second though - I guess not. Cos am about causing him another head ache.

I have been to some boards and I must confess I like the idea of ranking on those board.

In some of those boards when you join you are assigned the title - Rookie/JJC/New Member, post some couple of topics/replies, you become a Senior Member, Advocate, Senior Advocate, etc.

One important advantage of these ranking is that since it is based on contribution, it encourages members to come back often time to post.

Well thats a bill for the house to deliberate on. I hope it gets a second reading. Cheers grin
Re: Forum Politics by uche1(m): 7:34pm On May 24, 2006
OGA administrator what do you have to say
Re: Forum Politics by beyunce(f): 9:08pm On May 24, 2006
Make una take una time oh una dey look for Oga administrator trobule.

But we go like hear from administrator
Re: Forum Politics by Seun(m): 9:18pm On May 24, 2006
What ranks do you suggest and how many posts should people have in order to achieve them?
Re: Forum Politics by hotangel2(f): 9:51pm On May 24, 2006
Good idea. Not soo good idea.

Cos then, people will start making useless posts to reach a desired level. By useless i mean really useless. Like " grin grin grin grin" "Haha", OMG haha". grin grin "i don't know".

So u see, i don't really like the idea, but it's left to mr. admin to deliberate. We already have enough of useless posters arround. Do we really need another reason to make em post more useless posts? I mean, people that'll stop at nothing to increase their post counts!
Re: Forum Politics by Ojukwursg(m): 9:58pm On May 24, 2006
Honestly I did not prepare for this. I had to do a little surfing/searching to come up with this. Even then am not really satisfied with what I got. Anyway here is what I suggest (it can be modified depending implemention requirements or other considerations)
Rank No. of post required.
Superpower (Above 3000)
Heavyweight (1000 - 3000)
Light heavyweight (701-1000)
Middleweight (401-700)
Welterweight (201-400)
Lightweight (101-200)
Featherweigh (51-100)
Bantamweight (11- 50))
Flyweight (1- 10))

My problem with this ranking is that. Its used by boxers. In the absense of objections, it can be applied.
Re: Forum Politics by baby4u2(f): 11:22pm On May 24, 2006
we should only give ranks to the Nairaland users whose post give reasons for thoughts and of course make alot of sense and not based on how many post people make.
Re: Forum Politics by DaHitler(m): 3:36am On May 25, 2006
Baby4u2, that would take far too much work. Whatever system that is implemented (if there would be a system) will have to automatically assign ranks once you pass a post count mark.
Re: Forum Politics by Seun(m): 7:00am On May 25, 2006
We can just let people make their own judgements about who is heavyweight on the forum, right?
Re: Forum Politics by Ojukwursg(m): 12:08pm On May 25, 2006
Seun:

We can just let people make their own judgements about who is heavyweight on the forum, right?

Yea, in the end, it wont be a matter of how much (many posts), but how well (you have communicated).
Re: Forum Politics by Ojukwursg(m): 12:13pm On May 25, 2006
baby4u2:

we should only give ranks to the Nairaland users whose post give reasons for thoughts and of course make alot of sense and not based on how many post people make.

What makes (a lot) sense my dear baby4u2? Honest I dont know. However someone once said: "In every non[b]sense[/b] there is some sense. grin

The audience is the utilmate decider of what makes sense.
Re: Forum Politics by Moukee(m): 6:24pm On May 28, 2006
Seun:

What ranks do you suggest and how many posts should people have in order to achieve them?

I hope you all read the thread titled "Who's the dumbest poster on nairaland?". The number of posts should not be used to determine any nomenclature, but the number of sentences, or better still the length of a post. Anybody can just start posting words like 'nice', 'cool', and 'beautiful' and at the end of the day is elevated to the position of the highest poster. It is true that our posts do not attract any monetary awards, but let us be honest with and to ourselves by getting down to brass tacks instead of taking the forum as a laboratory that churns out nursery rhymes.

Tragedy In Porthcourt: Ogbunabali Village: Diobu Area Too. / 18kva Perkins Gen Set @ 20% Discount! / Where Is Czar? That Trouble Maker That I Dethroned Thee