Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,504 members, 7,816,197 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People (28328 Views)

You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni / Buhari With Amaechi, Fayemi Arrive NewYork For UN 70th Assembly / Photos From Osinbajo's Thanksgiving Service With Amaechi,others In Attendance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 17, 2013

For the first time, wife of President Goodluck Jonathan, Patience, gave an indication that she might be behind the crisis rocking Rivers State at the moment as she opened up on a plethora of grudges she is nursing against the state governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi.

Mrs. Jonathan spoke in Abuja on Wednesday during a courtesy visit to the Presidential Villa by 16 bishops from the South-South geo-political zone.

She said that the crisis in the state started four years ago and urged that there was need for prayers for the state.

She said, “Rivers state issue is one thing I’ve committed to prayer because I believe there is nothing God cannot do. God restored me and I’ll do his work without the fear of man.

“The truth will always remain the truth and what God ordains must come to pass and so Rivers issue is something we’ve handed over to God.’’

Nevertheless, she said she had always mediated between the governor and other parties in a crisis that she said began four years ago.

According to her, “This matter started as far back as four years ago at Anyugubiri in Okrika when I begged him not to demolish a part of Okrika but (that he should) dialogue first with the people.

“After that incident, he called the chairman of Okrika (local government) and sacked him for holding a reception in our honour; that boy was the first victim.

“He also put my people on curfew for nine months. I called him and pleaded with him but he refused. Then I began to hear all sort of propaganda in the media against me; this is not the way.

“I’ve never spoken about this issue but as men of God, I believe you’ll say the truth always because there are a lot of conflicting interests; some will hear one thing and say the exact opposite.

I also want you to know the genesis of this problem and pray that God touches Amaechi’s heart as per his hot temper because when two elephants fight, it is the grass that suffers.

I appeal to Amaechi to sheathe his sword so that we can defend our state and this country with love, unity, patriotism and truth at all time.

“Hebrews 12:14 urges us to embrace peace with all men without which; we cannot see God.

“Amaechi is my son; I cannot fight him, and I cannot kill him. He shouldn’t be used by outsiders against his own blood because this seat is vanity.

“One day, no matter how long it takes; we will leave this seat. Power is not forever. This seat is vanity; others sat here and left so one-day I’ll also leave, and we will meet at home; so why should I fight him?

“Let’s calm down, face issues, leave non-existent matters, stop magnifying lies and respect our leaders and people in authority. Let’s give peace a chance.”

Before she spoke, the leader of the delegation, Bishop God-Do-Well Awomapara, Chairman, Niger Delta Bishops Forum, said “We are on a quest to unravel the mysteries surrounding the Rivers issue and mediate where necessary.’’

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/why-i%E2%80%99m-angry-amaechi-%E2%80%93patience-jonathan

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by ujchief(m): 8:20pm On Jul 17, 2013
I wonder what the guys that have been swearing that PEJ and GEJ have no hands with the Rivers crises do now. Defending these two dolts becomes harder and harder as the day goes by.

Amaechi is the elected governor of rivers state, if he chooses to demolish okirika waterside slumps, he has all the rights and legal backing.

Auntie Pershie, concentrate in spending the N1bil budgeted for your husbands feeding and leave elected officials to do their work.

60 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by Horlazuncanmi(m): 8:38pm On Jul 17, 2013
This woman has really pass her boundary,she forget that Ameachi is an elected office holder

3 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 17, 2013
Nobody should insult her excellency here o
I have warned you folks
Nobody should say pim against her excellency or else ...

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by sleekdot(m): 8:43pm On Jul 17, 2013
This womans illiteracy is really shining like a star

Whats your business with the running of Rivers State Mrs Hippo?

Amaechi is the elected governor of the state. if you have any grievance take it to court, But I guess thats too much for Retardeeness to decode

I also want you to know the genesis of this problem and pray that God touches Amaechi’s heart as per his hot temper because when two elephants fight, it is the grass that suffers.”

Who are the elephants? You are the only Hippo in the room maybe the second elephant na your mumu husband Retardeen Jonathan

34 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by ujchief(m): 8:43pm On Jul 17, 2013
babyosisi: Nobody should insult her excellency here o
I have warned you folks

Lol...who will waste his precious MB insulting a woman that keeps insulting herself?

#btw, has she recruited you into her e-team?#

34 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by alaoeri: 8:57pm On Jul 17, 2013
Where's thelastpope & his cohorts to come & defend PEJ that she has no hands in river's crisis, stop defending the indefendable.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by Maxymilliano(m): 9:07pm On Jul 17, 2013
Prof Corruption:
She said that the crisis in the state started four years ago and urged that there was need for prayers for the state.

“Amaechi is my son; I cannot fight him, and I cannot kill him. He shouldn’t be used by outsiders against his own blood because this seat is vanity.

Pls Patience keep quiet joor, your explanation makes no sense... Amaechi was elected Governor to make decision, you have no right to interfere ....

Prof Corruption: Before she spoke, the leader of the delegation, Bishop God-Do-Well Awomapara,

Is that an English name or the pidgin version

26 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by ChainBlinger: 9:14pm On Jul 17, 2013
I have warned you folks
she dey craze, she dey maaad and she dey gongolo cigar. In fact, she dey marry okpolo while she na hippopotamus.

16 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by franchizy(m): 9:16pm On Jul 17, 2013
This news is fabricated and does emanate from the First Lady. Pls speak evil of no manm I still insist dat neither GEJ or PEJ ve hands in the Rivers crisis rather they are consulting wit Elders of the state and stakeholders to restore peace in the state.

3 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by abu12: 9:22pm On Jul 17, 2013
According to her, “This matter started as far back as four years ago at Anyugubiri in Okrika when I begged him not to demolish a part of Okrika but (that he should) dialogue first with the people.

Finally she comes out

“After that incident, he called the chairman of Okrika (local government) and sacked him for holding a reception in our honour; that boy was the first victim.

“He also put my people on curfew for nine months. I called him and pleaded with him but he refused. Then I began to hear all sort of propaganda in the media against me; this is not the way.

And the hippopotamus is now on a revenge mission, to bring rivers state down.
CLAP FOR H-I-P-P-O-P-O-T-A-M-U-S

6 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by OBAGADAFFI: 9:42pm On Jul 17, 2013
When Soyinka speaks some CREEK RATS will be shouting.

Patience just confirmed WS comments.

15 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by Abbott(m): 10:08pm On Jul 17, 2013
Prof Corruption: ....He shouldn’t be used by outsiders against his own blood because this seat is vanity.

“One day, no matter how long it takes; we will leave this seat. Power is not forever. This seat is vanity; others sat here and left so one-day I’ll also leave, and we will meet at home; so why should I fight him?.......

Now, that is funny! Why are the Jonathans bent on occupying Aso Rock for a second term if it is vanity?

Forgot to add, you are leaving 2015 btw.

11 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by funnyx(m): 10:18pm On Jul 17, 2013
Who are outsiders? and she's even stup1d enough to call Nigerians outsiders just because they are not ijaws undecided

11 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by Mylove55(f): 10:19pm On Jul 17, 2013
The answer she gave is not new,dat of okrika demolition,sacking of Local govt chairmen,and align with outsider(northerners)against his own brother.she said,she listen to propaganda(rumour)frm media.dat makes her hipopo
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by Elueme: 10:25pm On Jul 17, 2013
alaoeri: Where's thelastpope & his cohorts to come & defend PEJ that she has no hands in river's crisis, stop defending the indefendable.
Just same way you can't deny that your APC, some northern govs and ACF, NEF don't have a hand. Can you pls deny their involvement?

6 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by tellwisdom: 10:33pm On Jul 17, 2013
Its a pity the educated ones are now working for illiterates sad

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by Igwe9(m): 10:40pm On Jul 17, 2013
Even if the story originated from the first Lady, was there anything wrong in what she said?

People saying that Amechi is an elected Governor and nobody should question his authority, but still insult and question Mr. President authority, is GEJ not an elected person, they also sponsor Boko haram to cause distraction for him, God is watching and more than ever, we can see clearly what all this media propaganda is all about.

You hypocrites, why not hold you governors to accountable?

Twisting every story to suit your aspiration, come and get it.

Food for thought; He that never sees anything good in another fellow is known as devil incarnate.

No names mentioned, just identify who you are and mend your ways before it's too late.

Nevertheless, frustration leads to desperation.

27 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by badassnigga(m): 10:41pm On Jul 17, 2013
I have warned you folks

that fat woman.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by princesammmy: 10:47pm On Jul 17, 2013
not funny
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by chei: 10:52pm On Jul 17, 2013
Are you guys stupìd or what? She said she's not involved you fools! It is Amaechi that started this mess by sacking local government chairmen without due process. You fools should learn to read.

10 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 17, 2013
It ok now we have heard undecided
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by Kslib(m): 11:03pm On Jul 17, 2013
This woman is even proud to say when two elephants fight,its the ground that suffers!!!
Elephants...... Dame patience and Ameachi
Ground............ The Poor Masses
I no blame this woman sha!!! She shouldnt forget that when the ground eventually gets tired,it will swallow elephants and still feel hungry

9 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 17, 2013
Childish characterz,no maturity...simpli put*fools@40s nd abov....'as dem study rish,dy cnt stil 4get abat *tribalism*
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by Ikwikwikwi(m): 11:05pm On Jul 17, 2013
Rivers woman! Na Kai Kai dey talk sha! grin tongue lipsrsealed[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by kstyle2(m): 11:05pm On Jul 17, 2013
Dia woman don tire me sef.wetin seg?na only her dey?se jst dey wori pas pikin wey winch born give thhief

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by nagoma(m): 11:06pm On Jul 17, 2013
HIP! HIP!! HIP!!! PO PO TAMUS !!!!
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 17, 2013
Na PEJ name jst dey ring bell everywhr now o! Most popular Nigerian citizen @ da moment. Even dey popular pass GEJ. Dame Pepe, park well o
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by sylve11: 11:08pm On Jul 17, 2013
All parties involved r crazy. cool

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by adelaja70(m): 11:09pm On Jul 17, 2013
I have warned you folks
Your jesus,abi?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jonathan Okays Sanusi As Supreme Court Justice / 50 World Leaders To Attend Buhari’s Inauguration / Udom Emmanuel Assists Accident Victims In Akwa Ibom. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.