Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,236 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

What's With The Age Restriction From Employers? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What's With The Age Restriction From Employers? (621 Views)

Are Online Professional Courses Recognised By Prospective Employers? / Worst 2012 Employers, Share Your Experience / What Employers Are Looking For In Your Cv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's With The Age Restriction From Employers? by Sliimchiic(f): 8:50pm On Jul 17, 2013
Nowadays, u see job vacancies asking for graduates less than 24 years! Don't they think they are just being unreasonable and impartial to all those who had "issues" for several b4 they cud eventually carry on with their tertiary education?!!!

Left to me, the governing board for employment in this country should look into this matter serious-mindedly because if care is not taken, Employers would start demanding for graduates below 15years in just a few years to come!

This really sucks!!!
Re: What's With The Age Restriction From Employers? by TheMaverick(f): 11:32am On Jul 18, 2013
Totally unreasonable...Imagine all the 30year olds still in varsity. Atleast some companies' requirements are being below the age of 35. Results of the high unemployment rate across Africa. They should definitely look into it.
Re: What's With The Age Restriction From Employers? by whatweneed: 11:47am On Jul 18, 2013
i feel your point my brother. i also understand the view point of those the employer themselves, but the thing is, you deal with issues putting into consideration the times that we are in( the non availability of job) God help us all.
Re: What's With The Age Restriction From Employers? by whatweneed: 11:49am On Jul 18, 2013
Job opportunity
An entrepreneurial consulting firm seeking for result oriented individuals to drive sales of it’s products services.

Qualification: BSC/HND. An experience and a flair for marketing would be an add advantage.

Positions: Marketing Manager
Marketing Executive
Mode of application:
Intended applicant should send their curriculum vitae and other relevant document to info@legacyprime.com or legacy.prime@yahoo.com
Address: Management house, plot 22 idowu Taylor Victoria Island, Lagos

Re: What's With The Age Restriction From Employers? by Sliimchiic(f): 1:14pm On Jul 18, 2013
It's so pathetic!!! Imagine one going thru the hurdles of acquiring a degree only to graduate with a fantastic result and skills demanded but can't get employment just because of a chronological factor!

Well, only God Almighty can be my succour.
Re: What's With The Age Restriction From Employers? by TheMaverick(f): 1:57pm On Jul 18, 2013
People will resort to faking their ages. #sighs#

(1) (Reply)

Nebosh Technical Oil And Gas / Architect Zone / Dispatcher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.