Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,289 members, 7,864,428 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:01 PM

5 Best Blog Commenting Practices - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Best Blog Commenting Practices (461 Views)

8 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Commenting Online, So Special / Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? / Blog Commenting Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Best Blog Commenting Practices by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 17, 2013
Blogs have revolutionized the web in many ways. They are interactive, thus allowing us to have our say on the subject. And this interactive feature stores a bonanza for many web masters. Every time one leaves a comment, it is a link back to the website. Therefore blog commenting is a very good way to build links back to your websites.

Due to the action of many black hat SEO's, getting blog comments approved is becoming difficult nowadays. Many blogs have deactivated the comment feature while other bloggers are very reluctant to approve blog comments. In this article I will give you five easy tips to get your comments approved on blogs. By following these steps diligently and consistently one should be able to build tons of back links to websites and improve search engine rankings.

Convert your HTML codes here

I: Comment on Relevant Blogs
This is the most important rule. If you want to actually benefit out of blog commenting, you must comment of relevant blogs. Google and other search engines give very less importance to links from irrelevant blogs. Similarly bloggers may be very reluctant to approve your comment, unless you have said something very interesting. Therefore always comment on related blogs.

2: Add To the Discussion
Any comment you add must add to the discussion or topic. So do not leave comments like good post or keep it up. This is surely put your comments at the risk of spam. Moreover it is good etiquette to do this. If your comment is interesting or informative it itself will channel visitors to your site. So add quality comments, not tons of crap.

3: Not More Than One Link
I am at disagreement with many bloggers and webmasters on this count. Most will say that you can leave up to two links, but I personally prefer to have just one link in comments. I myself mark as spam any comment with more than one link, so I follow it in practice as well.

4: Use Anchor Text
This is a very important factor in determining Google rankings. Use anchor text efficiently. Like if your website is about light bulbs, and then be sure to use the keyword light bulb in your comment, and use it as an anchor text for your links. When Google will ultimately crawl this link, it will associate the word light bulb with your site and lead to better search engine rankings for the term light bulb. Similarly use different keywords on different blogs. This makes the link look natural.

5: Bookmark Pages you have Commented on
This is another important thing which many webmasters do not do. Once you have your comment approved on a blogs, bookmark that blog with the top social bookmarking sites like dig, stumble upon and delicious. This provides two benefits. One your links get indexed fast. Secondly the blog gets valuable links which is passed on to your website through your comment. So it is double win situation.

Getting targeted traffic to our websites is easier said than done and to actually make money online, your website needs to consistently rank well for the selected keywords. Blog Commenting is a very powerful and lucrative tool to get valuable links to your website and hence improve Google rankings. Join me as I take you through the basics of blog commenting for better search engine rankings and also read reviews of top blog comment software.

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Webmasters *photo* / Rate This Website In Scale Of 10 / Webmasters/ Worpress Users Urgent Help Please.. Graphicplus, Others!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.