Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman (23908 Views)

Buhari’s List Not Worth The Wait, He Should Have Submitted On May 29 – Odumakin / Why I Dropped Buhari For Jonathan — Odumakin. / The President Lied! By Yinka Odumakin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by nOblegEnt(m): 6:43pm On Jul 19, 2013
Gbawe:

How will there be hope for Nigeria with many of her citizens clannish feudalists happy to run around in ignorance? Hate people all you want but defer to facts and stop pandering to sentiments, emotions and bias primitively like a cave man. You only demean your Country with such neanderthal behavior.
I'm so shocked that people can still argue an obvious truth, blindly......its only God that will save us in this country.
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by nOblegEnt(m): 6:52pm On Jul 19, 2013
Garri the 1st:

Abeg park your face since nothing sensible seems to come out of your flat head. People in ACN states may not like Tinubu, but they definitely realize that they owe him a debt of gratitude for his role in chasing out the killer party from the SW. This ensured that the era of "Ogogoro and Palmwine" ends in the south west.

So stop weeping louder than the bereaved and start weeping for your state which is being looted blind by your "village illiterate governor"..

cool cool
I wonder how we reason with sentiments in Nigeria.If I had my way,I will have denounced my citizenship in Nigeria.Is elective post about parties or the individuals?
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by emiye(m): 6:55pm On Jul 19, 2013
EasternLeopard: @GBAWE So to construct East-West road which will be about 1500km will cost the govt 1.5 trillion naira at the rate of 1billion per kilometer. Abeg which community secondary school or glorified secondary school posing as a university u attended.

East-west road is 1500km ?

Use facts to make sense now, are you saying east west road is like 10 times longer than the Lagos-Ibadan express way (130km)?
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Inoknowbook: 6:57pm On Jul 19, 2013
nOble^gEnt:
I'm so shocked that people can still argue an obvious truth, blindly......its only God that will save us in this country.

Don't mind the freaking a...hole! Whenever there's a post about one of the atrocities of Tinubu, you see him crawl out of his hole to defend him with one bogus argument or another. He is so shallow minded that if you don't agree with his perspective, he will come out with his tribal shroud and tag you a non Yoruba. How he knows that the person is not a Yoruba, befuddles me. Then, if he deems you a Yoruba, and you don't agree with him, he will accuse you of being a sell out. Could you imagine the effrontery he has in tagging Odumakin a sell out just because he spoke truth to power? A man who is more Yoruba that he could ever wish to be. It's high time Nairaland started banning forever ethnic chauvinists like him. I have no patience for his type. Meeehn!
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by emiye(m): 7:09pm On Jul 19, 2013
nOble^gEnt:
I wonder how we reason with sentiments in Nigeria.If I had my way,I will have denounced my citizenship in Nigeria.Is elective post about parties or the individuals?

If a party fields an unelectable candidate, the electorates will decide

Political parties Primaries in Nigeria is overrated.

To the best of my knowledge, party's primaries in state involves 1,000 or slightly more party members who are usually gagged with ghana must go , and the candidate who offers the biggest Ghana must go emerges.

If there was a free flow primary in Acn for the gubernatoial candidate, Fashola will not emerge.

One thing i have observed about ACN candidates is the good quality of their candidates, and they are allowed to work
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Bushdiri(m): 7:10pm On Jul 19, 2013
My fellow Nairalanders,if you will believe me,without putting into consideration your religion,region or political affiliate, then you should know from these day that ACN is far corrupt than PDP, I pray that Nigerians should start seeing things the way they are.
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by emiye(m): 7:21pm On Jul 19, 2013
Bushdiri: My fellow Nairalanders,if you will believe me,without putting into consideration your religion,region or political affiliate, then you should know from these day that ACN is far corrupt than PDP, I pray that Nigerians should start seeing things the way they are.

Prove it !
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by PrettyGaby(f): 7:21pm On Jul 19, 2013
[quote
author=kingoflag]

I dont know if your just ignorant or daft. Re-read your own post and see
how you just bounced from wall to wall like a looney in a straight
jacket confined to a padded room.

May the hate and tribalism which you breathe and live for eventually
consume you.[/quote] what is this one saying? :/
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Goddex: 7:34pm On Jul 19, 2013
emiye:

East-west road is 1500km ?

Use facts to make sense now, are you saying east west road is like 10 times longer than the Lagos-Ibadan express way (130km)?

I think, East - West Road will be like five times the distance of Lagos - Ibadan but with a very bad terrain and involving several bridges. The road starts in Delta cutting across Bayelsa, Rivers, Abia, Akwa Ibom and terminates in Cross River.

On the topic, we have several Shameless hypocrites on nairaland - the likes of Gbawe. His paymasters are sucking us dry in the South West while bombarding us with loads of propaganda. Odumakin is not even the first to raise alarm. When Bode George cried out, in their usual diversionary tactics they called him names. Pastor Tunde Back also cried out and they put a call through to Buhari to help appeal to Bakare not to wash their dirty linens in public. They have bought over the media to spew lies to the public. South West is being held bondage by these fraud stars.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by adegob(m): 7:35pm On Jul 19, 2013
Bushdiri: My fellow Nairalanders,if you will believe me,without putting into consideration your religion,region or political affiliate, then you should know from these day that ACN is far corrupt than PDP, I pray that Nigerians should start seeing things the way they are.

YES, the ACN is so corrupt but nt like and will never be as the PDP, d PDP is not just corrupt, its so so destructive + demonic (death trap)....lets all agree whether u post on Nairaland or u keep it within ur conscience that Nigeria is blessed with the worst set of Politicians cum Leaders anywhere around the world today! Only fools defend our politicians they eat in d same plates, wit d same kind of knives and forks d only diff is that sme are made of gold and maybe odas of silver.
MY PEOPLE A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE!!
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Gbawe: 7:35pm On Jul 19, 2013
nOble^gEnt:

I think you are mixed up. Who is arguing "blindly" aside those who say the figure of N50 million per kilometer cap indeed indicates that N1 billion per kilometer rate equals corruption as Odumakin ignorantly infers? The point is that it does not. This is fact even if sentimental folks will not see so because they just want a statement, however ludicrous, that hepls them give a dog a bad name to hang it. Let Odumakin prove his allegation with facts. As much as I dislike the PDP, no one sees me running around claiming, as if I can prove such with facts, that the cost of road contracts from PDP administrators prove corruption.
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by djon78(m): 7:47pm On Jul 19, 2013
If it was during obasanjos era, Ribadus efcc would have convicted that bordillon lion. This is a man that has taken over all choice land in Lagos island-Ajah axis.

Or is it Oando, where did Wale tinubu get the money to set up such company?

When u look at gbawe's post, u will see what acn are good at, lies, propaganda and image laundering, without any iota of truth, that's why those that still have a bit of integrity does not take him serious because he is a deceiver, liar, empty, shallow and ignorant, putting on a fake cloak of progressive and saviour of the masses, while he is only hustling for his pocket and filthy lucre.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Gbawe: 7:48pm On Jul 19, 2013
Neo-XVI:

You guys are a disgrace to any decent person. SMH. You are an ACN looney and I never believed in your sincerity for one day. Want to know how I knew? 1. You were all for Ribadu because your master, Tinubu said so, until he didn't. You saw nothing good in Buhari. Now you're all for Buhari because Tinubu said so. 2. You never praise Jonathan even when he stumbles upon doing something good once in a long while. That is how I knew that all you ever do is dance to Tinubu's tune.

Don't just go online and pick out the cost of road projects in spain or wherever. You should also give us details of the soil test in those areas. Even in the Niger delta region with their poor soil conditions, how much is a kilometer of road built for? We aren't morons now. How is it that your neighbour builds a road for 50 million and you build yours for 1 billion? What are you building it with? Gold? SMH

Please remove your head from Tinubu's a$$. You're a grown man and it is disgraceful that you follow someone without thought.

@topic. Yinka spoke the truth, and Buhari should be ashamed of himself for not standing by him.

Are you not lying same as Odumakin now? How many Nigerian examples have I provided in this thread to back up my argument that + or - N1 billion per KM contracts is not proof of anything and certainly no definitive marker of corruption as Odumakin histrionically maintains. The problem is that people like you are just bitter, twisted and hateful. You can rant all you want but most educated folks and fari-minded folks, even if they do not support the ACN, can see the substantive point made.
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by emiye(m): 8:03pm On Jul 19, 2013
Goddex:

I think, East - West Road will be like five times the distance of Lagos - Ibadan but with a very bad terrain and involving several bridges. The road starts in Delta cutting across Bayelsa, Rivers, Abia, Akwa Ibom and terminates in Cross River.

On the topic, we have several Shameless hypocrites on nairaland - the likes of Gbawe. His paymasters are sacking us dry in the South West while bombarding us with loads of propaganda

DONT THINK.

You need figures whatever to prove what you think.

On the topic, we have several Shameless hypocrites on nairaland - the likes of Gbawe. His paymasters are sacking us dry in the South West while bombarding us with loads of propaganda

You need to prove this
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by emiye(m): 8:19pm On Jul 19, 2013
Goddex, dont think, search for facts and figures, it is always on public space.

http://www.nigerianbestforum.com/blog/east-west-road-of-promises-without-end/

THE Federal Government in 2006 awarded contracts for the construction of the 337-kilometre East-West Road. The job, worth N211 billion, according to the original agreement, is supposed to be completed by August 2010.

Emotions can be deceptive , facts and figures will correct that self anomaly.
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 19, 2013
@Gbawe.,tried to play smart on this thread by reducing all of Odumakins statements to simplistic comparison of the cost of constructing per km of road. We all know that several factors determine the cost of road construction and these factors vary from one geographical location to another. Even in the same state, the cost may vary from place to place. Factors such as soil structure, number of lanes, design of the road, number of bridges, drainages type and size, pedestran walk ways,etc all eventually add up to the final cost of the road. Most of these factors, vary from place to place, even in the same state.

The East-west road for instance is about over 338km dual carriage road, with about 37 bridges and is being constructed at the cost of about N360 billion (variation has taken due to delayed completion since 2006 when the project was initiated at the cost N200billion).
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/east-west-road-to-cost-n360bn/116824/

It will be deceitful and pure mischief to now compare the East-west road (with 37 bridges and topography in the swamps of the Niger Delta) per km cost of construction with inner city roads in places like Enugu or Abeokuta.

However @Gbawe and co try to spin this one, it cannot fly. The message of Odumakin, which cannot be lost, is that massive corruption is taking place in ACN controlled states.

Even more damaging is the fact that Tinubu's contracting firm is the one getting most of the road contracts in the Southwest. Has anyone imagined GEJ setting up his own contracting firm and ensuring the company gets major jobs in the country? Clearly, in such setting TRANSPARENCY and ACCOUNTABILITY will be thrown out from the window.

What about Tinubu's IMMORAL imposition of his close relatives in prime political positions in the southwest?

Tinubu is a hard-sell any day, anytime. No amount of spins by Gbawe and co can remove the THIEF appendage on Thief-Tinubu

Note: this does not exonerate PDP controlled states of corruption. But the DIFFERENCE is that in ACN controlled states, the corruption is at TWO levels, ie the resources of the ACN controlled states must cater for the corrupt tendencies of state chief executives (governors) AND the
godfather (Tinubu). But in PDP controlled states, we have to contend with only the corrupt tendencies of state chief executives (governors)
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Gbawe: 8:34pm On Jul 19, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

Note: this does not exonerate PDP controlled states of corruption. But the DIFFERENCE is that in ACN controlled states, the corruption level is times two, ie the resources of the states most cater for the corrupt tendencies of state chief executives (governors) AND the
godfather (Tinubu). But in PDP controlled states, we have to contend with only the corrupt tendencies of state chief executives (governors)

Haba Oga insincere9gerian. Do you not tire of lying? everyone, even critics of the ACN, are acknowledging the strides in delivered infrastructure being seen in the entire region. you're not really about intelligence and more about lies so I will use a simple contextual example even you should understand. How can the corruption under the ACN be worse when far more projects are being delivered , than was the case under the PDP, especially when these are the same project PDP administrator abandoned or stated bluntly that they did not have the money to implement?

There are now literally dozens of projects completed across the SW abandoned for decades!! Feel free to join the sentimental elements here since you are not much better than them but your wild lies simply make no sense at all.

You sit here pretending to care about Nigeria yet you contribute to the deception of those more gullible than you with shameful spin and outright lies no one can believe. You stand here and facetiously clap with them about "propaganda" and you say inane things about the ACN being twice as corrupt as the PDP when even a child will tell you that delivered infrastructure objective Yoruba, Igbo, Ghanaian, Hausa, British and American folks now admit to , as typical of the SW under the ACN, flately debunk your ungodly lie. How will the ACN be able to achieve what is higlighted in the article below if more corrupt than the PDP they replaced that was happy for the SW to be synonymous with the word "stagnation"?

It is the PDP that typified evil corruption with how they literally took every kobo and gave back nada to South-Westerners and onlyleft many abandoned projects everywhere. How many times have you heard of "abandoned projects", after billions has been collected, under the ACN? Yet do we not know that this is what the PDP is very famous for this? Keep leading the pack of clannish minions with deceit instead of telling the truth all neutral news-sources now routinely reveal about the SW and the exemplary progress being made there others should be busy lobbying their leaders to emulate instead of sitting here lying and denying what the entire world is seeing and praising about the efforts of the ACN.

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/10123-nigeria-on-the-throes-of-infrastructural-boom

Nigeria: On the throes of infrastructural boom?
Written by Gbemi Solaja Tuesday, 23 April 2013 00:00

NIGERIA, home to over 160 million people, has, over the years, been called the giant of Africa, due particularly to its large population and abundant natural resources. However, the ‘giant of Africa’, over the years, has been plagued by the corrupt attitude of its leaders and people in power. This has stalled the economic and infrastructural growth of the nation and encouraged the scourge of poverty among its citizens.

For decades, the nation depended on its agricultural products and later, with the discovery of crude oil, petroleum resources which till date, has helped grow the country’s economy but not without attendant crises from the Niger Delta region from where the bulk of the crude oil is extracted.
The nation was grossly lacking the basic infrastructure needed by its citizens, which was not helped by the corruption and careless attitudes of the then governments which led to a lot of good projects being abandoned midway or not adequately maintained.

But fast forward to the present day Nigeria and all that seems to be changing drastically. From the capital cities of states to the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja, it is obvious that most urban centres are wearing new looks, with major infrastructural projects being implemented by each state government to give necessary facelift to its immediate environment.

The visible changes that are taking place all over the nation range from various road constructions to building of bridges, rebuilding of drainage to the reconstruction of rail lines, upgrading and building of airports and stricter laws enacted to regulate corrupt practices between government officials and contractors. Even to the ordinary eye, according to an engineer, Femi Ogundele, infrastructural development is taking centre stage in Nigeria.
For example, the Federal Government, recently approved a contract worth N1.61trn for the modernisation of its railway system, and about 15 different railway projects were pencilled down for completion between now and 2015.
According to a document on the 2013 capital projects of key federal ministries released, 13 of the projects will receive attention this year at a total cost of N44.35bn.

The railway investment, it was learnt, would involve the construction of new rail lines across the country and rehabilitation of the existing narrow gauge lines. Also, the federal government’s agenda to revamp the sea and air ports will be valuable to federal, states and the local governments, importers and exporters.
Toeing the line of the FG’s transformation agenda, many states have also initiated and embarked upon various infrastructural developmental projects.
Apart from enhancing the aesthetic beauty of major cities in the country, the general development, according to societal critics, has also contributed immensely to the socio-economic sectors, more so, with the creation of the needed employment opportunities for jobless Nigerians.
Today, the construction industry is flourishing as everywhere one turns to there is one construction or the other going on.
According to Godson Ihenacho, an electrical engineer, Nigeria is in the throes of an infrastructural boom. “At the beginning of this political dispensation, we were made to know the agenda of some elected members, including the executive arm of the state. With the deplorable state of infrastructure in most states of the country, one would truly affirm the need for any government to focus mainly on infrastructure while making sure that collapsed public infrastructure is rebuilt to make life more comfortable for the people. I am happy that the governments of most states are taking note”.

[b]Even cities which were known to be critically short of infrastructure are now changing. In this regard, Oyo State, for example, is not left behind in pursuing efficient urban renewal programme, aimed at making the state to compete favourably with other states in the provision of quality infrastructure for socio-economic transformation and sustainable development.
T
he Governor Abiola Ajimobi-led government had embarked on massive road construction and maintenance, pulling down old structures and relocating roadside traders to newly built markets. Today, Ibadan, the Oyo State capital, is wearing a new look and residents are beginning to marvel at the new emerging mega city.
In Ogun State and in most states in the South-West, the same story is the order of the day, with each state governor embarking on state-wide constructions and restoration of state order.
A point of reference is Lagos which, over time and with successive administrations, had enacted laws prohibiting illegal roadside trading, parking, settlement, and with law enforcements agencies more diligent than before, dislodging illegal traders, while earthmoving equipment demolished marked illegal structures in many areas. Illegal structures built on drainage and walkways had been pulled down to pave way for easy movement and traffic flow. Also, the proposed Eko Atlantic City is a project of the Lagos State government that says volume about how aware governments have become about the importance of adequate and tasteful infrastructure for its residents. When completed, the Eko Atlantic City is estimated to accommodate over 400,000 residents and a daily flow of 250,000 commuters, thus increasing job creation for Nigerians and foreigners.
[/b]

Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by emiye(m): 8:35pm On Jul 19, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: @Gbawe.,tried to play smart on this thread by reducing all of Odumakins statements to simplistic comparison of the cost of constructing per km of road. We all know that several factors determine the cost of road construction and these factors vary from one geographical location to another. Even in the same state, the cost may vary from place to place. Factors such as soil structure, number of lanes, design of the road, number of bridges, drainages type and size, pedestran walk ways,etc all eventually add up to the final cost of the road. Most of these factors, vary from place to place, even in the same state.

The East-west road for instance is about over 338km dual carriage road, with about 37 bridges and is being constructed at the cost of about N360 billion (variation that has taken due to delayed completion since 2006 when the project was initiated at the cost N200billion).

It will be deceitful and pure mischief to now compare the East-west road (with 37 bridges and topography in the swamps of the Niger Delta) per km cost of construction with inner city roads in places like Enugu or Abeokuta.

However @Gbawe and co try to spin this one, it cannot fly. The message of Odumakin, which cannot be lost, is that massive corruption is taking place in ACN controlled states.

Even more damaging is the fact that Tinubu's contracting firm is the one getting most of the road contracts in the Southwest. Has anyone imagined GEJ setting up his own contracting firm and ensuring the company gets major jobs in the country? Clearly, in such setting TRANSPARENCY and ACCOUNTABILITY will be thrown out from the window.

What about Tinubu's IMMORAL imposition of his close relatives in prime political positions in the southwest?

Tinubu is a hard-sell any day, anytime. No amount of spins by Gbawe and co can remove the THIEF appendage to Thief-Tinubu

Note: this does not exonerate PDP controlled states of corruption. But the DIFFERENCE is that in ACN controlled states, the corruption level is times two, ie the resources of the states most cater for the corrupt tendencies of state chief executives (governors) AND the

I think you are the one doing the spin, you are saying the same thing he said about what influences cost variation.

Which Tinubu's contracting firm is getting the road contracts ? >>> any fact to back this up ?

While i am not too much of a fan of some Tinubu's family members placed in elective posts, things like this tends to happen all over the world. The bush family and clinton family in the USA is a very good example of this.

In fact Father and son became president of the country in a space of 12 years, there was a time 2 of George bush(snr) sons were governors of two different states at the same season.

Emotions cloud logical reasoning
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 19, 2013
emiye:

I think you are the one doing the spin, you are saying the same thing he said about what influences cost variation.

Which Tinubu's contracting firm is getting the road contracts ? >>> any fact to back this up ?

While i am not too much of a fan of some Tinubu's family members placed in elective posts, things like this tends to happen all over the world. The bush family and clinton family in the USA is a very good example of this.

In fact Father and son became president of the country in a space of 12 years, there was a time 2 of George bush(snr) sons were governors of two different states at the same season.

Emotions cloud logical reasoning
Stop comparing apples with oranges. We'r talking about dictatorial IMPOSITION here. Is Tinubu's wife in anyway better than the seasoned politician/technocrat she displaced? Could any of Tinubu's relatives who are currently holding prime political positions had won if the contest was fair? That is the DIFFERENCE. While the examples you gave got to their positions on individual merit, albeit with the help of family pedigre, Tinubu's relatives are IMPOSED on the people.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 19, 2013
Gbawe:

Haba Oga insincere9gerian. Do you not tire of lying? everyone, even critics of the ACN, are acknowledging the strides in delivered infrastructure being seen in the entire region. you're not really about intelligence and more about lies so I will use a simple contextual example even you should understand. How can the corruption under the ACN be worse when far more projects are being delivered especially when these are the same project PDP administrator abandoned or stated bluntly that they did not have the money to implement?

There are now literally dozens of projects completed across the SW abandoned for decades!! Feel free to join the sentimental elements here since you are not much better than them but your wild lies simply make no sense at all.

You sit here pretending to care about Nigeria yet you contribute to the deception of those more gullible than you with shameful spin and outright lies no one can believe. You stand here and facetiously clap with them about "propaganda" and you say inane things about the ACN being twice as corrupt as the PDP when even a child will tell you that delivered infrastructure objective Yoruba, Igbo, Ghanaian, Hausa, British and American folks now admit to , as typical of the SW under the ACN, flately debunk your ungodly lie. How will the ACN be able to achieve what is higlighted in the article below if more corrupt than the PDP they replaced that was happy for the SW to be synonymous with the word "stagnation"?

It is the PDP that typified evil corruption with how they literally took every kobo and gave back nada to South-Westerners and onlyleft many abandoned projects everywhere. How many times have you heard of "abandoned projects", after billions has been collected, under the ACN? Yet do we not know that this is what the PDP is very famous for this? Keep leading the pack of clannish minions with deceit instead of telling the truth all neutral news-sources now routinely reveal about the SW and the exemplary progress being made there others should be busy lobbying their leaders to emulate instead of sitting here lying and denying what the entire world is seeing and praising about the efforts of the ACN.

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/10123-nigeria-on-the-throes-of-infrastructural-boom

I have never denied the fact that infrastructural development is taken place in ACN and PDP controlled states. Our country has passed through different phases of development in this fourth democratic dispensation. Between 1999 and 2003, infrastructural developments at the state level was minimal (in keeping with the level resources then and near absence of citizens participation in governance). Between 2003 and 2007, there was slight improvement in the tempo of infrastructural development across the states due to improving revenue but progress was still hampered by DO-OR-DIE politics. Between 2007 till now, a COMBINATION of improved revenue, more citizens participation in governance and better elections more recently have given rise to far increased tempo or infrastructural boom across the states.

However, even at present a state govt that constructs 50km of roads per year, could have done say 100km or more per year if not for corruption. Corruption is still endemic but it is better than the days of military administrators when constracts are awarded at inflated cost, money paid and jobs are not delivered. Now jobs are being delivered but the problem is inflated cost of the projects
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by ballabriggs: 11:04pm On Jul 19, 2013
You see the last time I heard a road project was constructed at about N100 million per KM was the 11 KM Ikorodu road dualisation project from Ikorodu town to Owode Onirin. That project constructed in 1997 by Kehinde Osikoya's Lagos State Direct Labour Agency. The entire contract price was awarded by Buba Marwa for about N1 billion. Julius Berger actually quoted far above that amount but lost out of the contract.

While they were able to control cost and also give indigenous Engineers the needed experience through the project, quality later turned out to be a key issue. Few months after completion, some parts of the road started giving way. Sometime in 2007, one of the culverts constructed on that road completely failed.

Now to think that over 10 years later, Yinka Odumakin challenged Akala over a project constructed at less than 100% of the price of the DLA Ikorodu road project shows he is not to be taken serious.

He has made assertions out of complete ignorance.
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by cheleku(m): 11:18pm On Jul 19, 2013
kingoflag:

I dont know if your just ignorant or daft. Re-read your own post and see how you just bounced from wall to wall like a looney in a straight jacket confined to a padded room.

May the hate and tribalism which you breathe and live for eventually consume you.

what hate and tribalism? You must be nuts.....its in your mind that hate and tribalism thrives; and thats why you see its even in innocuous posts.
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by cheleku(m): 11:33pm On Jul 19, 2013
Gbawe:

@Topic.

The day one of the fans of GEJ/PDP can present themselves to defend, with facts , the glib saying "ACN is same as/worse than the PDP" will be the day I accept that Nairaland has GEJ/PDP fans as some of the politically sophisticated members of the forum able to defend their arguments with facts. As it is, the reality is that most GEJ/PDP fans are just like market gossips who deal in conjecture however ridiculous such sound.

They only excel at clannishly jumping behind anything negative stated about the opposition without inspecting such for facts.

Here, Oduamkin is now favourite "truth teller" of some because he is antagonising the ACN and the enemy of their 'messiah' never mind that he is saying things that make no sense to built environment professionals. That he gets away with it and is called "truth teller" for such show the functional illiteracy bedevilling Nigeria.

N50 million per KM is £200,000 per km i.e £0.2 million. You can all go to the thread below, from skyscrapercity.com, to see informed contributors talking about cost per KM of road in Europe and the USA with estimates ranging from $3 million to many times that amount !!!! How can Odumakin say what pays homage to functional illiteracy and he is hailed as "telling the truth"?

To a sensible, informed and erudite person, Odumakin is on a character assassination mission and he is not doing a good job of such except of course to an audience of clannish messiah-worshippers who simply prefer to be deceived than to read. It is only in a parallel universe all roads, never mind terrain challenges and appendages (median, drainage and culverts, pavements et al), will cost under £200,000.00 as 'uber town-planner' Odumakin tells us. Next some butcher who hates the ACN will tell us modern rail lines are built for thousands of pounds and not the millions the ACN say it is spending - never mind such is supported by appropriate documents.

Can Odumakin not simply get a hold of a bill of quantities or similar to show the "fraud" he is going on about instead of just pulling any figure that comes to his head from the air?

Anyway, Odumakin and co, i.e disgruntled elements bitterly envious of what the ACN has achieved while they are effectively zeros in the SW, will never be short of unthinking and clannish fans for their diatribe that is long on bitterness yet short on simple logic. You guys should simply go and get a bill of quantities and prove your case factually. Same as his example of road construction "fraud" does not stand up to Professional/factual scrutiny is how it will be established Odumakin simply does not know what he is going on about with most of his petty and personalised rants.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1520537

youre a prejudiced 'npoop. The cost of constructing roads, as you pinted out clearly varies. You should have given us info on what it costs to build a km of road in Ondo for instance. Again, why didnt you also debunk Odumakin's statement condemnig Tinubu's tendencies to impose his family members upon Lagos politics!....The crazy dude even collects tolls on bridges in Lagos..He runs Lag like some mafian Russian oligarch.
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Olaone1: 12:42am On Jul 20, 2013
Thank you, Odumakin
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Olaone1: 12:44am On Jul 20, 2013
cheleku:

youre a prejudiced 'npoop. The cost of constructing roads, as you pinted out clearly varies. You should have given us info on what it costs to build a km of road in Ondo for instance. [size=23pt]Again, why didnt you also debunk Odumakin's statement condemnig Tinubu's tendencies to impose his family members upon Lagos and SW politics![/size]....The crazy dude even collects tolls on bridges in Lagos..He runs Lag like some mafian Russian oligarch.
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by hercules07: 5:08am On Jul 20, 2013
I remember Odumakin being very sick in the early 2000s and it took the intervention of Tinubu to save his life in India. The cost of most of our public projects are high, it is due to our culture and the way those projects are awarded, SW projects are still cheaper than those of the FG and when factors are considered, are inflated but not to the extent that people are shouting here. Odumakin has a right to air his opinions but he should not lie, some of us remember his beginnings in Pa Ayo and Adesanya homes.
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by visalo: 7:37am On Jul 20, 2013
EasternLeopard: @GBAWE 1 kilometer = 1000 meters. Athletic sprint distance is 100meters. If it takes 1 bil naira to construct 1 kilometer, mathematically it will take 100 mil naira to construct a 100meters Athletic sprint distance lane. U nid deliverance if u bliv this 2 a true.

Good analysis, who know whether that gbawe or gbewe guy will listen. He is always supporting evil
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Gbawe: 8:01am On Jul 20, 2013
cheleku:

youre a prejudiced 'npoop. The cost of constructing roads, as you pinted out clearly varies. You should have given us info on what it costs to build a km of road in Ondo for instance. Again, why didnt you also debunk Odumakin's statement condemnig Tinubu's tendencies to impose his family members upon Lagos politics!....The crazy dude even collects tolls on bridges in Lagos..He runs Lag like some mafian Russian oligarch.

You are calling someone a prejudiced npoop yet what do you take yourself to be when your ignorance and lack of comprehension damn you as extremely prejudiced with how, after all that has been said that would have enlightened even a child, you can still ask to be given a per km road construction rate for Ondo as if such is constant like the price beans? Some of you are just impossible with how you are ready to insult others based on your own ignorance and grotesque lack of comprehension that would shame an intelligent 5 year old child !!!!

The rest of what you have said are just sentimental garbage also. Same as you cannot grab the essence of an issue after the substantive point has been made over and over again. You talk of imposition. Again, you do not have the finesse to appreciate that stakeholders ultimately decided the fate of those affiliated with the Tinubu name who ran for public office. If not that you are one of those possessing a lynch mob mentality, can you tell us factually how many "members" of Tinubus family have been "imposed on Lagos"? Please respond with facts and not the sentiments and insult your kind are about. Let us have the official statistics. In a State of around 17-19 million Are the "imposed" members of Tinubu's family 10, 15 or 60?
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 20, 2013
PapaBrowne: Yinka Odumakin spoke the truth.

Buhari is hungry for power and doesn't want to offend Tinubu..

The same south west politicians who scream "corruption in Abuja" are the same people who consume a chunk of the funds accruing to thier states.
Tinubu is screwing Lagos and other south west states dry and Yinka Odumakin, a fellow opposition politician has spoken as is. 1 Billion Naira per kilometer of intra city roads happens only in the south west.

Notwithstanding, I prefer thieves to terrorists.
Tinubu is a thief.
Buhari is a terrorist.
I will go with Tinubu anyday over Buhari.
but the thief and terrorist are in collabo, what are you then saying
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by visalo: 8:15am On Jul 20, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: @Gbawe.,tried to play smart on this thread by reducing all of Odumakins statements to simplistic comparison of the cost of constructing per km of road. We all know that several factors determine the cost of road construction and these factors vary from one geographical location to another. Even in the same state, the cost may vary from place to place. Factors such as soil structure, number of lanes, design of the road, number of bridges, drainages type and size, pedestran walk ways,etc all eventually add up to the final cost of the road. Most of these factors, vary from place to place, even in the same state.

The East-west road for instance is about over 338km dual carriage road, with about 37 bridges and is being constructed at the cost of about N360 billion (variation has taken due to delayed completion since 2006 when the project was initiated at the cost N200billion).

Tinubu is a hard-sell any day, anytime. No amount of spins by Gbawe and co can remove the THIEF appendage on Thief-Tinubu

Note: this does not exonerate PDP controlled states of corruption. But the DIFFERENCE is that in ACN controlled states, the corruption is at TWO levels, ie the resources of the ACN controlled states must cater for the corrupt tendencies of state chief executives (governors) AND the

Don't blame that Gbawe guy, he is only doing the job is paid for by his master tinubuthief. Your analysis on east west road is a good example for him to succumb, but he will still look for away to counter your fact analysis. You even talk of only 37 bridge on the east west road, let him also understand that on the same road, there are over 700 convent and three major bridge that is over 300m long each. The sand filling of 1km on the said road is equal to 10km in the sw if not more. Gbawe it is high time you stop defending this your corrupt leaders
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Gbawe: 8:15am On Jul 20, 2013
hercules07: I remember Odumakin being very sick in the early 2000s and it took the intervention of Tinubu to save his life in India. The cost of most of our public projects are high, it is due to our culture and the way those projects are awarded, SW projects are still cheaper than those of the FG and when factors are considered, are inflated but not to the extent that people are shouting here. Odumakin has a right to air his opinions but he should not lie, some of us remember his beginnings in Pa Ayo and Adesanya homes.

This is essentially the point I am making. Odumakin claims that ACN charges N1 billion per km across the SW. (1) This is simply not true because the factual reality for the unemotional and balanced Nairalander, able to defer to factual evidence, is that cost per KM varies with many road projects delivered at less than the rate Odumakin falsely claims to be standard throughout the SW. I gave an example of Amosun delivering a major road in Ogun State for a rate of N0.5 billion per KM.

(2) How is it sensible for anyone to miss that Odumakin must now be serving a PDP agenda if he wants us to believe the N1 billion per km rate he claims marks the ACN to be corrupt has been outdone by PDP administrators who contract roads out at rates above N2 billion per KM?

To sensible folks, still dedicated to living their lives with facts and respect for logic and existing reality, the hatred of the ACN or Tinubu is not enough to make them dump reality into the bin to blindly embrace the utterances of Odumakin that are lies on so many levels packaged together for sentimentally unthinking adults and/or young children.

Even though I waste my time doing because many here clearly do not/cannot read and will ask silly question next minute about the Per KM road construction rate of Ondo when it has been established such can vary drastically in even a local government, I present evidence of Osun, an ACN-led State, awarding road contracts at far less than the N1 billion per KM.

In the same Osun where a contract was awarded for a major road with several bridges, railway underpass et al at N0.8 billion per kilometers , i.e N800 million per KM, we see road contracts below, perhaps for fairly straightforward, two-lane, fairly standard, non-undulating and non-problematic terrain awarded for N0.6 billion for 5.45km. That is a rate of N110 million per KM !!!

Where does this now place Odumakin's argument clearly tendered to deceive the gullible and the herded? Has he not told the world the ACN Governors are corrupt because they build roads at N1 billion per km everywhere? Is this not proof of all I have said i.eroad construction cost vary and we should not allow ourselves to be deceived by a charlatan who assumes Nigerians are all illiterates who cannot read or do basic research?

Some can harbour hatred towards others but they should learn to look at facts and eschew sentiment even if it is only for the sake of everyday living considerations such as investing wisely, raising kids, running a business, managing important office, being financially responsible etc, etc. Harbour your sentiments and bias but know you do yourself and your life a very big disservice when facts and reality have no place in your emotion and bias-driven thinking.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=100097

Osun Awards N.6bn 3 Road Contracts In Ife

road in osun

On going road projects in Osun LGs
Government of the State of Osun has awarded a contract sum of N602,283,071.25 for the construction of three separate roads in Ile-Ife, totaling 5.45 kilometre.
The roads are Lokore/Okesoda Street (1.85km), Oranfe – Mokuro road (3.15km), Omi-Okun road (0.45 km) and the roads are in addition to number of roads that the state government had earlier embarked on in the ancient town.
The contract, which is awarded to Messr HANSMAG Nigeria Limited, is expected to run concurrently and be completed within six months.
Signing the agreement with the contractor in Osogbo last Friday, the Special Adviser to the Governor on Works and Transports, Engineer Oladepo Amuda, said that the road would have asphalt concrete overlay of 40mm, reinforced concrete side drain, retaining wall, culverts, earthworks, as well as road marking and signs among others.
He added that in line with the agreement; the project will be contractor-financing, which would be repaid by the government in 24 months, saying that in such an arrangement, the commitment of the contractor has been guaranteed.
Amuda said: “The three roads are single carriage ways and they will have all the necessary parameters that will enable the roads to last a minimum of 25 years.
“No request for mobilisation and in such an arrangement, the contractor will be committed and the expectations on the work will be guaranteed”, he said.
The governor’s aide stressed that the contractors have been selected based on experience and the confidence the government has in them, saying that his ministry would ensure proper monitoring of the projects, with a view to guaranteeing a good job.
Responding, the MD/CEO of the company, Mr Demola Awofiranye, stated that his company would surpass the expectations of the government on the project by delivering a good job.
He added that the contractor-financing arrangement is not new to the company, and they are willing to partner with the state in this regard, having seen the present administration as a responsive and responsible government.
At the end of the project, he assured that the state government would be proud to work with his company.
By kazeem mohammed
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by westreign(m): 9:51am On Jul 20, 2013
Tinubu remains a pillar of Nigerian democracy and remains the only one standing during the plot to kill opposition politics in Nigeria, work even at more expensive price is better than doing nothing, so odumakin should appreciate his people for giving Nigerians an alternative to pdp.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kperogi Farook Rubbishes Buhari's Integrity - Indicts Him / Akpabio: I Never Asked Where God Was When I Made Emmanuel Governor / Why Can't Abians And Ebonyi Defend Their States ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.