Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,966 members, 7,835,224 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman (23915 Views)

Buhari’s List Not Worth The Wait, He Should Have Submitted On May 29 – Odumakin / Why I Dropped Buhari For Jonathan — Odumakin. / The President Lied! By Yinka Odumakin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by EasternLeopard: 2:22pm On Jul 19, 2013
@BALLABRIGS & GBAWE That Akpabio and Obj spent such amount doesnt mean they are right. Those amounts are inflated figures. Which is one of the ways they loot public funds. So pls two of u should wise up. Both PDP and ACN have thieves. FACT

1 Like

Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by DVanguard: 2:25pm On Jul 19, 2013
olire: bros we have heard you, OYA LETS CLAP: you have won da argument on the falseness of the road figure. BROS, CAN YOU EXPLAIN TO US WHY THERE IS No INTERNAL DEMOCRACY IN ACN: PLEASE WE NEUTRALS ARE CONFUSED, WHY DOES ASIWAJU BOLA AHMED TINUBU SINGLE HANDEDLY HANDPICK CANDIDATES? WHY AREN'T THERE PRIMARIES. PLEASE EXPLAIN FOR US AND NO DIGRESSION.

Hmmmm, Nigerians will never learn. It is nobody business how a party pick his or her candidate. If the people ain't satisfy should vote the opposing party. Do you understand the meaning of Intra-party and Inter-party politics. The interested of the people is Inter-party not Intra-party. The Party decides the way it wants to run it party within its fold but when it comes to party to party it must go to election. This hv been discussed several time. take you time and learn a lot on Google. Read about Labour Party of UK.The internet is meant for gathering information.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by ballabriggs: 2:25pm On Jul 19, 2013
EasternLeopard: @BALLABRIGS & GBAWE That Akpabio and Obj spent such amount doesnt mean they are right. Those amounts are inflated figures. Which is one of the ways they loot public funds. So pls two of u should wise up. Both PDP and ACN have thieves. FACT

You do not get it. It can only be valued by professionals with supporting evidence and not the ignorant talk of "N50 million for one KM of road".

How did he value it? What evidences can he bring to support his assertions?
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by topazjosh(m): 2:31pm On Jul 19, 2013
babyosisi: Odumakin
Fashakin
Abati
Adeniyi
Okupe
Lying Mohammed

All these paid loudspeakers seem to always emanate from the same region
Na wa o
lolz*funny observation*but u must be stupid dear 4 bn a tribalist,osisi!oh Igbo crew.
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by EasternLeopard: 2:31pm On Jul 19, 2013
@GBAWE 1 kilometer = 1000 meters. Athletic sprint distance is 100meters. If it takes 1 bil naira to construct 1 kilometer, mathematically it will take 100 mil naira to construct a 100meters Athletic sprint distance lane. U nid deliverance if u bliv this 2 a true.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:31pm On Jul 19, 2013
Religion and politics are bird of same feather.

Both sucks
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Gbawe: 2:33pm On Jul 19, 2013
tai wo: U are either a thief or someone who has never paid for anytin in his life... Ewu N1bn per km? R u ok?

Why are you insulting others based on your own ignorance? Have you not seen example showing Julius Berger charging over N2 billion per KM for road construction in Akwa Ibom? Does that make Akpabio and julius Berger "thieves"? If you wish to be shouting "thief", especially for completed projects, inanely in relation to construction rate Professionals will tell you is validated by cost documents, what do you want to say for the many road contract that have been awarded in the past 14 years by PDP administrators with nada on ground to show for such expense? The Nembe-Brass Road contract was awarded a couple of year ago in Bayelsa state at N42 billion for a road around 20km long. This gives a rate of around N2.1 billion per KM. Today no road. Nada. That is the real stealing right there Odumakin should be talking of and not making deceitful statements he wishes to use to whip up sentiments against his 'enemies'.

Dickson revokes N42bn Nembe-Brass road contract

on May 07, 2012 / in News 12:00 am / Comments

By Samuel Oyadongha
YENAGOA— Bayelsa State governor, Mr. Seriake Dickson, has ordered the revocation of the Nembe-Brass road project worth N42 billion being handled by Moreno Construction Company, citing incompetence and lack of technical capacity as major reasons for the decision.

The governor also terminated the Tombia-Etegwe Road contract, linking the university town of Amassoma and the multi-billion naira Shell Petroleum Development Company SPDC Gbaran-Ubie Gas Gathering Plant to mainland Yenagoa.

The decision to revoke the road projects was taken at the State Executive Council meeting in Yenagoa.

One of the contractors, Moreno, handling the Nembe-Brass Road project had allegedly received N6.8 billion from the state government with nothing tangible on ground to justify the huge sum of money collected.

The other contractor, Enerco, handling the Etegwe-Tombia Road project, was awarded the contract in 2007 as a joint venture between Shell and Bayelsa State Government.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/dickson-revokes-n42bn-nembe-brass-road-contract/#sthash.7Ri4ccMO.dpuf
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by ballabriggs: 2:36pm On Jul 19, 2013
EasternLeopard: @GBAWE 1 kilometer = 1000 meters. Athletic sprint distance is 100meters. If it takes 1 bil naira to construct 1 kilometer, mathematically it will take 100 mil naira to construct a 100meters Athletic sprint distance lane. U nid deliverance if u bliv this 2 a true.

Look, it is a construction contract. Professionals value such contracts using different valuation techniques and not with this your Alaba brain.
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by EasternLeopard: 2:43pm On Jul 19, 2013
@BALLABRIGS Pls tell the world how much it will cost to construct a tarmac road on a 100meters Athletic sprint lane. My friend stop spewing rubbish. These are means govt officials siphon money. Remember Sen Eteh who demanded 660million naira to refurbish her house.
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by EasternLeopard: 2:49pm On Jul 19, 2013
@GBAWE & BALLABRIGS Are u guys graduates.? If yes, what did u guys study. For ur info professionals will do all to trick and get their share of the loot.
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by ballabriggs: 2:50pm On Jul 19, 2013
EasternLeopard: @BALLABRIGS Pls tell the world how much it will cost to construct a tarmac road on a 100meters Athletic sprint lane. My friend stop spewing rubbish. These are means govt officials siphon money. Remember Sen Eteh who demanded 660million naira to refurbish her house.

I don't know and I cannot tell you but I do not go ignorantly quoting figures as a project price. I will have to see the project plan, bring inputs and then apply relevant valuation techniques to get the fair value of the project.
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Gbawe: 2:50pm On Jul 19, 2013
EasternLeopard: @GBAWE 1 kilometer = 1000 meters. Athletic sprint distance is 100meters. If it takes 1 bil naira to construct 1 kilometer, mathematically it will take 100 mil naira to construct a 100meters Athletic sprint distance lane. U nid deliverance if u bliv this 2 a true.

Dude, why not stop this show of ignorance? What do you know about road construction? Clearly zero from your ignorant submission.
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by kraftykc(m): 2:53pm On Jul 19, 2013
PapaBrowne: Yinka Odumakin spoke the truth.

Buhari is hungry for power and doesn't want to offend Tinubu..

The same south west politicians who scream "corruption in Abuja" are the same people who consume a chunk of the funds accruing to thier states.
Tinubu is screwing Lagos and other south west states dry and Yinka Odumakin, a fellow opposition politician has spoken as is. 1 Billion Naira per kilometer of intra city roads happens only in the south west.

Notwithstanding, I prefer thieves to terrorists.
Tinubu is a thief.
Buhari is a terrorist.
I will go with Tinubu anyday over Buhari.

At least those men are effective in what they do, GEJ on the other hand...is a cuunt. He was a cuunt in Bayelsa and he will be a cuunt when he leaves office, whether in a box with an RIP on it, or whether he is disgraced another way, GEJ will live on in utter cuntification.

@OP, Mr Odumakin is right and honest. However the bigger picture requires that Buhari make his bed with the biggest thief in the SW but I do not believe for once that Buhari intends to let these men go free when he gets power.
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by ballabriggs: 2:53pm On Jul 19, 2013
EasternLeopard: @GBAWE & BALLABRIGS Are u guys graduates.? If yes, what did u guys study. For ur info professions will do all to trick and get their share of the loot.

I should ask you that question. What UNI basically teaches is how to bring evidences to support assertions. Unfortunately, most Nigerian UNI's do not do this and one can clearly see from the level of ignorance displayed daily on this forum.
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by EasternLeopard: 3:00pm On Jul 19, 2013
@GBAWE & BALLABRIGS I ask again What did u guys study in the university. Is it related to engineering, survey etc. @KRAFTKYA If that is Buhari's plan I wish him Goodluck.
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by maclatunji: 3:05pm On Jul 19, 2013
Funny thread.
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Gbawe: 3:07pm On Jul 19, 2013
ndudan: @Gbawe

it amazes me how you shamelessly continue to defend a thief with all the obvious facts.

Tell me, is Tinubu and the ACN governors any different from the other crooks in PDP.

What has amounted to "defending" anyone here? Or are issues more about people like you wanting others to allow you wallow in ignorance that means you are happy to give a dog a bad name just to hang it? The core point is that Odumakin's simplistic deceit, revolving around his assertion that roads should not cost more than N50 million per KM, is not valid corroboration for his allegation of corruption any more than you insisting that a man is bad because he is wearing black !!!!

For major roads in Nigeria, we even see construction rates awarded by PDP administrator at higher than N2 billion per KM. Even my dislike of the PDP cannot lead me to shout "corruption" immediately simply because the amount does not 'feel right' to me even when I know, as an educated person, that terrain, engineering and related challenges may justify that cost and , in general, vary road building costs significantly !!!

Odumakin should use pertinent and factual example to support his claim. It is as simple as that. He cannot just make populist noise and, because that is all some want to hear, we all unthinkingly accept such to pick up sticks, stones and machete. His motivation has to be questioned when he ignorantly states that per KM road construction rates common throughout Africa, and validated by appropriate cost document, is proof of "corruption". That is the simple point.
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by EasternLeopard: 3:09pm On Jul 19, 2013
@GBAWE & BALLABRIGS Nigeria problem is not parties but personalities. They are good people in PDP, bad people in APC and vice versa. If GEJ is a failure, Tinubu is not an alternative. Dont substitute one evil for another.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by frankyychiji(f): 3:13pm On Jul 19, 2013
ndudan: @Gbawe

it amazes me how you shamelessly continue to defend a thief with all the obvious facts.

Tell me, is Tinubu and the ACN governors any different from the other crooks in PDP.
pls I think u should let this loose canon called gbawe be. He has already ansawered ur questions somewhere and he admits team tinubu is very corrupt. His grouse is why should odumakin have d effrontery to voice what buhari couldn't even say nor admit in public. And why should teamfresh air commend odumakin for telling d truth. Fact is contrary to what most people here think that gbawe is been paid to defend d most bizarre, Gbawe is just trying to get attention from Tinubu and co. His thinking is, when they see how loquacious and garrulous he is, he could be favoured wt a domestic personal assitant job in a.c.n. It may work for him however!
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Reference(m): 3:15pm On Jul 19, 2013
Now I hope people will get to understand that it is not about people or parties but about the power of opposition to obtain good governance.

The much vaunted anti-corruption posture of the Buhari camp cannot survive a merger in which he seeks ultimate power. He will have to join the pigs in the mud and it will get muddier if and when he gets power and has to contend with all Nigeria. That is how democracy works. Its a game of numbers.
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by ballabriggs: 3:17pm On Jul 19, 2013
You see this thread gives me another view as to why projects and leaders fail in Nigeria. It is simply not having the write strategy for managing such projects.

Imagine Yinka Odumakin as the Governor of a state tomorrow wanting to construct a 20 Km road project. He meets Julius Berger who quotes a contract price of N20 billion. He goes, "Tufiakwa!!! Akala constructed at N50 million per km". He then goes to Akala's contractor without professionally valuing the project to know what is a fair value. Akala's contractor tells him, "N50 million, we will do it, don't worry".

Yinka gives him N500 million initially for the project. One year into the project, contractor is still trying to clear the road path. Yinka goes bunkers, signs of project failure is all over the place.

It is simple, he thought it was a "bolekaja" process. He went into leadership without the right mentality and the right strategy.

This is basically what we see daily in Nigeria. People think you can wake up and start developing without a conscious plan and approach to development.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Gbawe: 3:29pm On Jul 19, 2013
EasternLeopard: @GBAWE & BALLABRIGS Nigeria problem is not parties but personalities. They are good people in PDP, bad people in APC and vice versa. If GEJ is a failure, Tinubu is not an alternative. Dont substitute one evil for another.

My guy, this is something I will gladly take you up on elsewhere. For this issue under discussion, the point is that Odumakin is patronizing Nigerians with deception.

It is political mudslinging season and Parties will engage in this with gusto and with ordinary Nigerians caught in the 'crossfire'. Yet, ordinary Nigerians still need to show that they are still able to reason independently than allow themselves 'herded' into AlUU grandstanding with deceitful submission that cannot stand logical scrutiny.

Sophisticated citizens, even if they do not support the ACN, will not allow themselves to be patronized fraudulently by odumakin or the PDP. Simple as that.
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by thriz: 3:44pm On Jul 19, 2013
Gbawe:

@Topic.

The day one of the fans of GEJ/PDP can present themselves to defend, with facts , the glib saying "ACN is same as/worse than the PDP" will be the day I accept that Nairaland has GEJ/PDP fans as some of the politically sophisticated members of the forum able to defend their arguments with facts. As it is, the reality is that most GEJ/PDP fans are just like market gossips who deal in conjecture however ridiculous such sound.

They only excel at clannishly jumping behind anything negative stated about the opposition without inspecting such for facts.

Here, Oduamkin is now favourite "truth teller" of some because he is antagonising the ACN and the enemy of their 'messiah' never mind that he is saying things that make no sense to built environment professionals. That he gets away with it and is called "truth teller" for such show the functional illiteracy bedevilling Nigeria.

N50 million per KM is £200,000 per km i.e £0.2 million. You can all go to the thread below, from skyscrapercity.com, to see informed contributors talking about cost per KM of road in Europe and the USA with estimates ranging from $3 million to many times that amount !!!! How can Odumakin say what pays homage to functional illiteracy and he is hailed as "telling the truth"?

To a sensible, informed and erudite person, Odumakin is on a character assassination mission and he is not doing a good job of such except of course to an audience of clannish messiah-worshippers who simply prefer to be deceived than to read. It is only in a parallel universe all roads, never mind terrain challenges and appendages (median, drainage and culverts, pavements et al), will cost under £200,000.00 as 'uber town-planner' Odumakin tells us. Next some butcher who hates the ACN will tell us modern rail lines are built for thousands of pounds and not the millions the ACN say it is spending - never mind such is supported by appropriate documents.

Can Odumakin not simply get a hold of a bill of quantities or similar to show the "fraud" he is going on about instead of just pulling any figure that comes to his head from the air?

Anyway, Odumakin and co, i.e disgruntled elements bitterly envious of what the ACN has achieved while they are effectively zeros in the SW, will never be short of unthinking and clannish fans for their diatribe that is long on bitterness yet short on simple logic. You guys should simply go and get a bill of quantities and prove your case factually. Same as his example of road construction "fraud" does not stand up to Professional/factual scrutiny is how it will be established Odumakin simply does not know what he is going on about with most of his petty and personalised rants.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1520537

IS IT NOT OBVIOUS YOU ARE THE BIGGEST SYCOPHANT OF ALL TIME, BROS YOU BRING IN AN ANALYSIS TO JUSTIFY THAT 1BILLION PER KM FOR INTRA CITY ROAD IS FINE. GO AND HAVE YOUR HEAD EXAMINED AND STOP BEING A BLIND TINUBU FOLLOWER

Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 19, 2013
Gbawe: You guys can begin pushing for Odumakin to be given a national honour if you want. It just confirms that some will accept whatever garbage anyone tells them, however ludicrous such is, so long as it indicts those they do not like.

Odumakin has 'jeun jeun' previous form, even as many will not read to discern this, to validate his current inane utterance so I am not surprised at his ignorant and logic-defying N50 million per kilometre nonsense. Nigerian who want to be pawns in the game of compromised rabble-rousers like Odumakin can continue to blind themselves to what is obvious. I.e the real reasons why Odumakin will submit inane and logic-defying nonsense he patronisingly assumes Nigerians to gobble up unthinkingly.

http://saharareporters.com/article/yinka-odumakin-and-his-fellow-travellers-nduka-obaigbena

I think I have all the proof I need, Mr Gbawe you can please rest your case! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by sweetgala(m): 3:54pm On Jul 19, 2013
Either ways we are being ripped off. And any direction we turn there is corruption.
2015 would come around and we'll have to choose between the party of killers and the merger of thieves.
We need honest nationalist alternatives and they can't exist in the dangerous political grounds that the voting population facilitate to exist in Nigeria
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Candybob(m): 3:56pm On Jul 19, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

I'll attempt it.

Assumptions: The 42-km road should be a dual-carriageway. The quoted distance is that of a single lane.

Total cost of Nembe-Brass express: #42 billion
Total cost of George Bush hoghway: #25.95 billion (using exhange rate of $1 to #150)

Total kilometres in Nembe-Brass express: 42 km
Total kilimetres in George Bush highway: 42 km (14km x 3 lanes)

Cost per km of Nembe-Brass express: #1 billion shocked
Cost per km of George Bush highway: #0.61 billion wink

It's obvious that the one Gbawe presented is less costly. The only excuse, if any, is that extremely harsh topological and weather factors increased costs. I doubt this.

your exchange rate is mischievious, why 150 instead of 160.. I cant recall the naira falling below 155 in the last 2yrs, 160 would have been more realistic considering its a govt project!

I find Gbawes argument interesting but have an issue with his use of abusive abjectives and reference to Aluu, it takes maturity out of the arguments. Nonetheless he still has game.

I will now resume my position as an observser in this political fiasco!
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by thriz: 4:01pm On Jul 19, 2013
Stonekay: Nairalanders! Pls any idea to get my post immediately initiated for people to view and share their opinions....Any help?

Connect what you see below to your computer

Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Myself2(m): 4:02pm On Jul 19, 2013
A million salutes to a man of uncommon courage,Yinka Odumakin
I've always wondered what he was doing supporting Buhari
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Fadelex(m): 4:06pm On Jul 19, 2013
i dont wanna know whether Gbawe is a paid image-maker of APC but if it's true then kudos to him cuz he's good @ his job... I have a background experience in construction and if odumakin claimed akala did a km @ #50million then when is dat?? Wil there be proper drainage along d road? Wat of streetlights? What is d thickness of base, sub-base and d top layer? Plz its high time we stop all dis newpaper stand and paraga joint arguement here and argue with facts and figures... I'm not a supporter of ACN but i wil speak about my state OSUN, d governor has radically transformed d state in d last 2years... I saw dis not only in city centre but also in rural areas, if he can continue like dat den R.I.P to pdp in osun... ACN might av their own problem but i wil stil choose them over pdp
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Gbawe: 4:11pm On Jul 19, 2013
Candybob:

your exchange rate is mischievious, why 150 instead of 160.. I cant recall the naira falling below 155 in the last 2yrs, 160 would have been more realistic considering its a govt project!

I find Gbawes argument interesting but have an issue with his use of abusive abjectives and reference to Aluu, it takes maturity out of the arguments. Nonetheless he still has game.

I will now resume my position as an observser in this political fiasco!

It is because some of these guys act like a lynch mob and needlessly throw insults around based on their own prejudice they have no intention of addressing. Note their behavior from thread to thread and you will see why I address them as such. Anyone saying what they do not wish to hear, however factual such is, becomes a target for them to attack. How should such cowardly behavior be categorized? I.e ignore the facts others insist to continue the clannish antics of throwing insults against them rather than address fact argument with factual rebuttal?
Re: Buhari Disowns Yinka Odumakin - His Spokesman by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 19, 2013
Hate it or love it, ACN is action corrupt. Corrupt as Bleep. No need to defend ACN because of some stupid image shiit..

But ACN is better than PDP by thousands of miles. PDP will award contracts and not do shit..

Now, join the revolution and kick both PDP and ACN out. Have a consensus among your selves in your states, know what you want from your government and keep it that way..

Buhari needs to be a man and stand up for truth. Forget ur allies, citizens will be your be ur best ally if you stand by truth.

GEJ accused oil companies of oil theft knowing fully well he is allowing such. Trying to defend his militant friends..

Fashola is not ready for presidency yet like I have said.. We need an overhaul of Lagos state funds. 27bn for a suspension bridge? They lost me at 3bn.. Nigerians we need to kill them all!!! Fashola included!!! He can keep commisioning clinics all he wants.. Areas in Lagos that are neglected are my concerns. Tinubu came and jacked up all prices on the island just because of some greedy land owners.. In Badagry, those greedy land owners can't get land so they decided to ignore our town and keep property prices there below equilibrium through neglect...

When the cookie crumbles, everyone will see the chocolate chips in it are not worth consuming...(sorry cookie you deserve more than tinubu)

But ACN is still better than PDP by farrr just that we need to kill. I want Buhari to be president! He is our last hope for now. Or a Buhari backed Ribadu with Oshiomole. Fashola can be senate president but Tinubu should be retired to prison..

I once called Tinubu a hero, yes he is for saving SW from PDP but now, he has over used the hero worship making him a villain ...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rivers Rerun: No Election In Bonny L.G.A As People Stage Protest - Photos / IBB’s Statement: Kassim Afegbua Replies Police "You Know My Address" / Election: Tribunal dismisses PDP’s claim security operatives rigged for Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.